What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's too late now for them to perform a full wipe, it won't happen. The most I think they could do, would be a full reset on the current Auction House. The other option would be to open a brand new server with no transfer option, this would allow people to start clean on a new server with no messed up economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Because it's not infinite. I said it's a self-limiting system. The only way it would be infinite is if someone pumped ridiculous amounts of cash into the game, which no one with sense ever would.

By your own argument ANY economy has infinite currency, governments can print all the cash they want.

I restate, just because an economy is complex, does not make it not an economy.

Slightly offtopic, but that IS actually one of the arguments against all these Quantitative Easing we've been going through, that it disrupts proper free economics.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because it's not infinite. I said it's a self-limiting system. The only way it would be infinite is if someone pumped ridiculous amounts of cash into the game, which no one with sense ever would.

By your own argument ANY economy has infinite currency, governments can print all the cash they want.

Founder packs, just saying, they sure can pump a infinite "cash" into the sytem because they are still being sold. Erm you don't really know the difference between a real economy and a game I see. In real life governments can't really "print all the cast they want", I guess you don't even know what happens then..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's too late now for them to perform a full wipe, it won't happen. The most I think they could do, would be a full reset on the current Auction House. The other option would be to open a brand new server with no transfer option, this would allow people to start clean on a new server with no messed up economy.

I still think the 2nd option is preferable. :p
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    you guys think to hard just shutdown the auction house then that fix problem
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

IT IS infinite! Real world money can be pumped into the game at an infinite amount, changing all other prices! What don't you understand about that?

It is not complex whatsoever, not sure why you keep saying that.

As for government being able to print infinite money, do you honestly believe that's how the global economy works?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    At first when I saw all the posts about wipes, I was like meh, whatever. However, at this point, I would fully support a wipe. Reverse the Zen/AD transactions and delete all of the characters. Since this is still beta according to PWE and Cryptic, they have time before "launch" to give HotN and Guardians their "headstart".

There are too many exploits and bugs in the game to be taking people's money in a cash shop at this point.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter. I will speak with my wallet and PWE/Cryptic wont see another cent from me. That's about the best I can do at this point.

Yeah I agree, atm they only have three ways to go.

1. Full wipe and reset and remove the ad from the founder packs (would be the best way to do it, because the founder ad is just as much a problem as the exploits that's going around).
    2. Just ban the exploiters, delete all the items that was exploited and remove all the ad involved in the exploiting (this would still leave the founder ad in the system which is a problem aswell but it would at least not punish legit players).
    3. perform a reroll a week or so back before the exploiting started (this one is probably the worst they could do since a lot of legit players would be punished and the founder ad would still be in the system).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Governments have the ability and are entirely capable of printing unlimited amounts of legal tender. However no government with any sense ever would because it would throw the value of that currency into the lou. It's a similar self-limiter to the one I described in the game.

Try learning history, if you do you would know what happens if they do that. Sure they can do it but they would just end up like Germany did a long time ago..
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Try learning history, if you do you would know what happens if they do that. Sure they can do it but they would just end up like Germany did a long time ago..

Or they might end up like USA, aka business as usual.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    IT IS infinite! Real world money can be pumped into the game at an infinite amount, changing all other prices! What don't you understand about that?

It is not complex whatsoever, not sure why you keep saying that.

As for government being able to print infinite money, do you honestly believe that's how the global economy works?

yeah totally forgot about the ZEN aswell, so they can both pump AD and ZEN into the game.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Governments have the ability and are entirely capable of printing unlimited amounts of legal tender. However no government with any sense ever would because it would throw the value of that currency into the lou. It's a similar self-limiter to the one I described in the game.

Read a book.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And we all know how good the economy is in the united states atm..

Still better than that other economy which isn't/can't print money, aka Euro.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ad hominem directed at you.

No, really, you need to read a book.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, ad hominem, really.

get a room
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Listening to their plans of one server....this would probably not happen..

As far as kids whining about 2 or 3 weeks worth of time lost on a wipe/restart....You guys only planning on sticking around for a month?

Geez...I remember losing items that took weeks if not months to craft, when the TA went down and you lost it if you had yet to put away/save it.

TA=Transatlantic link.....The thing us mudders used way back in ancient times (1990's).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Listening to their plans of one server....this would probably not happen..

As far as kids whining about 2 or 3 weeks worth of time lost on a wipe/restart....You guys only planning on sticking around for a month?

Geez...I remember losing items that took weeks if not months to craft, when the TA went down and you lost it if you had yet to put away/save it.

TA+Transatlantic link.....The thing us mudders used way back in ancient times (1990's).

Kind of a difference between an item than people exploiting and flodding the auction house with the best stuff and amassing up to ~200 million AD which more or less has destroyed the economy.

I wonder how people will afford enchants for your gear and companions, upgrade the mounts, etc, with just a daily limit of 24k refined AD and no way to earn more AD from the AH because it's broken as hell.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    Record breaking dow numbers, dont you feel stupid.

Seeing as the dollar is so freaking cheap nowdays your not really in a great place. I remember a time when the dollar was so much more valuble, nowdays it's so cheap buying stuff from the US so I guess it's a good thing your economy is broken, at least I get to buy stuff cheap.
  • Options
    micdaraumicdarau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jack Emmert, boss of NV is playing a GF so dont expect they to change the 1 shot boss exploit LOL
    Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M2Ncb_RSdVo
    Min 6:)
    The Proclaimers - (I'm gonna be) 500 miles
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You guys only planning on sticking around for a month?

That depends entirely on PW's actions. But as it stands, the chances of my sticking around much after I get to 60 aren't looking very good, & I'm feeling far less inclined to spend any money at all.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    mutharexmutharex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why we need a full wipe, can't they just identify the exploiters and roll their toons back?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Kind of a difference between an item than people exploiting and flodding the auction house with the best stuff and amassing up to ~200 million AD which more or less has destroyed the economy.

I wonder how people will afford enchants for your gear and companions, upgrade the mounts, etc, with just a daily limit of 24k refined AD and no way to earn more AD from the AH because it's broken as hell.

Then let me clarify my post. Wipe or no wipe....I have the fortitude to stick around and not pout and cry like a baby if I lose 2 or 3 weeks of game time due to a server wipe.

I would love for the wipe...to push out the people that have exploited and prospered. Most of those folks won't last past the 90 day mark anyway. They will be bored or some shiney from another game will pop up and off they go to chew it up then spit it out and curse it for not satiating their unquenchable thirst for thrill.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mutharex wrote: »
    Why we need a full wipe, can't they just identify the exploiters and roll their toons back?

Actually yes they can. The problem is that amount of effort needed to identify all involved and track down the mule accounts, trades, sales.... just save time and wipe....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Then let me clarify my post. Wipe or no wipe....I have the fortitude to stick around and not pout and cry like a baby if I lose 2 or 3 weeks of game time due to a server wipe.

I would love for the wipe...to push out the people that have exploited and prospered. Most of those folks won't last past the 90 day mark anyway. They will be bored or some shiney from another game will pop up and off they go to chew it up then spit it out and curse it for not satiating their unquenchable thirst for thrill.

I want to stick around aswell, but unless they fix the exploiting and the economy I don't see any point. It's not really "crying" it's more "complaining" because really, stuff like this shouldn't be happening at such a large scale when they are accept our money.. If they had closed the cash hop and not accepted money I wouldn't be complaining as much, at least then their "supposed beta" statement would be valid aswell.
This discussion has been closed.