Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Listening to their plans of one server....this would probably not happen..

As far as kids whining about 2 or 3 weeks worth of time lost on a wipe/restart....You guys only planning on sticking around for a month?

Geez...I remember losing items that took weeks if not months to craft, when the TA went down and you lost it if you had yet to put away/save it.

TA=Transatlantic link.....The thing us mudders used way back in ancient times (1990's).
    Still more likely to happen than a full wipe, I'd think. :p
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually yes they can. The problem is that amount of effort needed to identify all involved and track down the mule accounts, trades, sales.... just save time and wipe....

Yeah, and do me a favor, and just reverse charge my purchases so I don't have to mess with it. I'm not responsible for the exploiters, and I'm not so attached to the game that I want to start over because they can't ban the people that need to be banned. The people that I know that play this game I know from other places, so I can keep in contact with them that way, and I can go back to better managed games where exploiters are banned when caught, instead of wiping servers to fix it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    I want to stick around aswell, but unless they fix the exploiting and the economy I don't see any point. It's not really "crying" it's more "complaining" because really, stuff like this shouldn't be happening at such a large scale when they are accept our money.. If they had closed the cash hop and not accepted money I wouldn't be complaining as much, at least then their "supposed beta" statement would be valid aswell.

I agree with you.

Right now people need to decompress and not worry.

Worst case they do not wipe. It will take a few months for the economy to recover but that in itself will not stop me from enjoying my hobby. The more games and forums you play (yes forum wars is a mini game in itself) the more resistant you become to the herd mentality that sweeps a forum. Take a step back...look at the threads that balloon out of control(usually about something everyone has a strong opinion on). Do some introspection and figure out why all of the sudden you are on the opposite side of the fence than were you started out.

Words are weapons, and have been used as such for thousands of years.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, and do me a favor, and just reverse charge my purchases so I don't have to mess with it. I'm not responsible for the exploiters, and I'm not so attached to the game that I want to start over because they can't ban the people that need to be banned. The people that I know that play this game I know from other places, so I can keep in contact with them that way, and I can go back to better managed games where exploiters are banned when caught, instead of wiping servers to fix it.

Why are you still here then? Sounds like this is just a stopping point on the way to your next "new".

If they did have to go to extremes and wipe you would get reimbursed.

Also....you understand that this is beta?
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013

No, its not. This is release and "beta" is only an excuse.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are you still here then? Sounds like this is just a stopping point on the way to your next "new".

gotta love idiots like these :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Why are you so worried about what I'm doing? Do you not have your own business to attend to? I realize this is part and parcel of the problem here, but frankly it's none of your business. You need to get that through your head, in whatever way you need to accomplish it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They can not reimburse my time, & "time is money, friend."

Beyond that, if PW is so lazy & unprofessional that a full wipe is their only answer, then they're not competent to receive my money or time anyway.

As for other reimbursements, I've a feeling that would only involve reimbursing Zen, which I wouldn't want, since I wouldn't be playing their game. I have very severe doubts they would actually refund real-world dollars, because that would kill them.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Looking in the mirror again?

Well I would explain how server loads and code review works...but you are too busy looking in the mirror.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

/facepalm

This, coming from a guy who claims that nobody is actually "exploiting."
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Anyone still playing ?
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    Anyone still playing ?
    Can't. I'm at work now.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    /facepalm

This, coming from a guy who claims that nobody is actually "exploiting."

I fail to see how equipping piece of gear is exploiting. Sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I have spent quite a bit of money in this game and I am in full favour of a complete wipe and restart at this point. The damage that has been done is beyond any sort of repair beyond either, "letting it go" or a complete wipe. Personally I favour the latter.

I have spent a good chunk of money on this game as well and I am against a wipe of my toons unless Cryptic refunds me all of my money in US dollars so I can take my money to another game.. No Zen credit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    No wipe needed however there should be something done against exploiters and I'm sure they are working on it. A Wipe wouldn't help the players who are legit and if I spent all that time trying to get maxed out gear I'd be mad as hell if they rolled back my progress personally.
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just need to open a new server upon launch and retire these as the beta/pre-release servers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why are you so worried about what I'm doing? Do you not have your own business to attend to? I realize this is part and parcel of the problem here, but frankly it's none of your business. You need to get that through your head, in whatever way you need to accomplish it.

I am fairly certain you posted on a PUBLIC forum.... Need I remind you what PUBLIC means?

How about you cool your emotional response?
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For all this spamming this is "open beta" and exploiters shouldnt be guilty:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?239112-Neverwinter-Online-Live-No-longer-in-Open-Beta-%28Infographic-Inside%29

GAME IS LIVE

so stop this posts:
    "Its open beta", COZ IT ISNT !
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »
    They just need to open a new server upon launch and retire these as the beta/pre-release servers.

Take it one step further and make the old servers the new test servers for content testing etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I find it quite amusing that there are people who believe there will be some sort of "wipe" I feel so... sorry for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am fairly certain you posted on a PUBLIC forum.... Need I remind you what PUBLIC means?

How about you cool your emotional response?

When you're discussing the game, I agree. When you're questioning me about why I'm playing, no.
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... they only said no "Character" Wipe right? So technically they could transfer your character onto a new Server and refund the Zen spend <.< with the rest gone right?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Either way I am fine....there are pros and cons to each.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zolasuwaro wrote: »
    Well... they only said no "Character" Wipe right? So technically they could transfer your character onto a new Server and refund the Zen spend <.< with the rest gone right?

do you even have any idea on what a game server is? you can't just "poof" a server out of thin air. you need to spend money on hardware and software to create a new server. Like I said, feel sorry for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pojzon wrote: »
    For all this spamming this is "open beta" and exploiters shouldnt be guilty:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?239112-Neverwinter-Online-Live-No-longer-in-Open-Beta-%28Infographic-Inside%29

GAME IS LIVE

so stop this posts:
    "Its open beta", COZ IT ISNT !

please stop this nonsense... you people are truly clueless.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?215092-The-difference-between-Open-Beta-amp-Launch/page9&highlight=stoermc
    Hey everyone,

I just want to remind everyone that there is no need to discuss wether the game is in Open Beta or in Launch state, yet. PWE has clearly states several times that the game is in fact in Open Beta, which means that bugs can occur, Server downtimes can happen (sometimes often) and stuff might not work as it is intended to.

If you encounter any bugs along the way, feel free to report them via the ingame tool. Apart of that, I want to remind everyone here that spreading false information (e.g. saying that the game is not in beta while it is in fact in Open Beta) is not only against our rules of conduct. Even worse, it creates false expectations about the state of the game. And thats something that helps none of us.

In order to keep the flaming down, I will close this thread.

- stoermc
    do you even have any idea on what a game server is? you can't just "poof" a server out of thin air. you need to spend money on hardware and software to create a new server. Like I said, feel sorry for you.

and you... the guy who doesn't think the people killing bosses solo are even exploiting... you should save your sympathy for yourself.

The fact that I can see my STO Fleet chat in this game leads me to believe they already "poofed" these servers out of thin air... well out of outer space to be more exact :P

I was talking about immersion breaking things earlier... well let me tell you that seeing people talking about Har'peng Torpedo launchers whilst I am throwing Magic Missiles at Gnolls really does the trick lmao.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Well that is not exactly true....virtual servers can "poof" outa thin air. :D

I am feeling cantankerous today!!!!
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I fail to see

That is true.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well that is not exactly true....virtual servers can "poof" outa thin air. :D

I am feeling cantankerous today!!!!

They still run on actual hardware. Without that, you're not poofing anything.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I fail to see how equipping piece of gear is exploiting. Sorry

EQUIPPING the gear isn't the issue.

Seeing that using it lets you ONE-SHOT dungeon bosses, & deliberately doing so repeatedy, IS the issue.

I can only surmise that this is your first MMO or something. Because what we're talking about has been considered an exploit in every MMO I've ever played or even known about, & it's something that competent, qualified game developers squash immediately.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hohoho... that hurts. Don't underestimate my knowledge mate. All I was saying was that when the Servers merge, that could be a reasonable task to clear economy. So please think a little further before beginning to insult me, thank you. :3
This discussion has been closed.