test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Simple solution... for anyone that wants a good long term economy/game, a new shard, reroll... have to wipe toons on these shards, and you get any of your founder stuff on the new server.

For anyone that loves a bad economy, broke game, already exploited, hacked, etc... you can stay here with your kind.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sounds to me that you two actually encourage people to cheat and cheapen the game. Whatever...

No im all for banning the exploiters and cheaters,but I dont let it cheapen my gameplay experience. Your gameplay experience is determined by you.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds to me that you two actually encourage people to cheat and cheapen the game. Whatever...

Dude your argument was for ninja looting which imho is a form of griefing your party.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, by not rolling on gear that I can't use, I cheapen the experience for everyone in my group. I'm sure they'd rather I rolled need on everything that drops. Or, maybe I just play the game to get away from the drama that is day to day life, and I'm not going to be stressed out because <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploited to get the gear to sell? It's not like I'll be a frequent flyer on the AH, so it's not going to affect me one way or the other. However, being told, by wiping my characters, that I'm every bit as guilty of exploiting as the exploiters is a sure fire way to get me to look for another game to play, where they'll actually do something about the exploiters, instead of just starting over every so often to "fix" it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    divinedingdivineding Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    N we still dun get a msg from the dev or mod thx.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    No im all for banning the exploiters and cheaters,but I dont let it cheapen my gameplay experience. Your gameplay experience is determined by you.

That may be true in a single player game but not an mmo. Even if you never see or talk to an exploiter they are still impacting your game experience by ruining the economy. Even if you have all the stuff you need and a bad economy doesn't really affect you directly, it is affecting other people in your guild and friends when they try to sell some of their loot and can't make any money, or when trying to buy zen but the price inflates too high. Then when they all quit out of fustration you too will be affected.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I still dont understand how other peoples gameplay effects mine. If people cant sell their loot fine too bad for them. And if im playing with people who will only buy Zen with Diamonds then I wont continue playing with them. And honestly I dont play with people who let their gameplay experience be determined by an economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    marc8219 wrote: »
    That may be true in a single player game but not an mmo. Even if you never see or talk to an exploiter they are still impacting your game experience by ruining the economy. Even if you have all the stuff you need and a bad economy doesn't really affect you directly, it is affecting other people in your guild and friends when they try to sell some of their loot and can't make any money, or when trying to buy zen but the price inflates too high. Then when they all quit out of fustration you too will be affected.

I have the solution for that, and it's already come up, although it was with gold, not AD/Zen; I ran in a dungeon in a duo, and passed on everything we got as drops except the end loot that I needed, and actually needed it. That's what guilds are for, helping eachother out. We did outlevel the dungeon a bit, we ran Cloaktower at 23ish, but he needed gold for a perm mount, and I did what I could to help him get it. If he had indicated that he needed more, I would have given him some of what I had. I've been playing MMOs the exact same way for 10 years or so, no matter how bad the economy was.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exploiters need to handled on case by case basis. I do not exploit and really would not care to see my toon wiped even though I am only 49.

As for the cheap epic gear, I could agree with a total wipe of all epic gear and AD across the board as long as I get refunded what I spent on the AH. This would reset the game economy once the exploiters are banned or punished. The people with no lives that farm dungeons for hours and hours could then begin farming epics and set their own prices to make the economy the way they want and make the rest of us play the way they see fit.

That about sum everything up? Handle the exploiters, ban or punish, reset the economy to let the 8 hour a day dungeon grinders set the tone for the economy?

Just want to be clear on this OP.
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • Options
    acwhistleracwhistler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still dont understand how other peoples gameplay effects mine. If people cant sell their loot fine too bad for them. And if im playing with people who will only buy Zen with Diamonds then I wont continue playing with them. And honestly I dont play with people who let their gameplay experience be determined by an economy.

I keep seeing this guy on ever post on the forum posting this same thing. This is an MMO, not a single player game. Others effect the entire game experience... welcome to MMO's.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    acwhistler wrote: »
    I keep seeing this guy on ever post on the forum posting this same thing. This is an MMO, not a single player game. Others effect the entire game experience... welcome to MMO's.

No they dont. Its amazing to see this kind of thought is out there though. Give me solid proof that what you are doing in the game is effecting me. Keep in note I do not touch the AH and Im not in a guild.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After reading all the responses from people opposed to a character wipe it just boils down to them quitting instead of re-leveling since almost all of the opponents claim they are casual/not capped. I say if you are too lazy to re-level in this game where even at a luxuriously casual pace reaching mid level is a four or five day affair then you don't really care about this game. If your personal achievements thus far in your opinion outweigh the long term stability and fun of the game's highest level of content you are selfish or stubborn not sure which.

Call it quits if you want but a server restart is the best thing for this game and people that actually like it and have invested real effort into the game know it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Really, I've seen this a lot in this thread, and replied to it the same way every time: It's not affecting my gameplay in the slightest. I don't have an exploiter running me through dungeons, I've only done one dungeon since I started, and I'm going to outlevel the ones I have to do, if I haven't already. So no, it's not affecting me. As I said earlier, I went and looked this morning, and there was no gear in the AH that upgraded even my greens.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Ok so you would discriminate against people who aren't doing so well financially through no fault of their own like layoffs, and might not have much choice but to try to get some zen with diamonds, sounds pretty elitest. I'm glad most people aren't like that, I don't mind people that do that in my guilds as long as they are easy to get along with.

Guess you won't be playing with anyone then, because like it or not your gameplay experience is affected by the economy. You might have what you need now, but their will be a time when you or or friends or guildies need better gear from the AH, and can't buy it because all their loot can't sell. You can't hide from an economy forever in an mmo or you are just being delusional.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ok so you would discriminate against people who aren't doing so well financially through no fault of their own like layoffs, and might not have much choice but to try to get some zen with diamonds, sounds pretty elitest. I'm glad most people aren't like that, I don't mind people that do that in my guilds as long as they are easy to get along with.

Guess you won't be playing with anyone then, because like it or not your gameplay experience is affected by the economy. You might have what you need now, but their will be a time when you or or friends or guildies need better gear from the AH, and can't buy it because all their loot can't sell. You can't hide from an economy forever in an mmo or you are just being delusional.

Because none of that gear that they can't buy ever drops anywhere? They can't do a guild run to try to get it to drop so they don't have to buy it? What's the use of being in that guild then? I know, for myself, I will run an instance I don't need if a guidy needs to run it for either xp, money or drops. Of course, my guilds are usually people that I'm at the very least friendly with, not much point in being in a guild that isn't.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because none of that gear that they can't buy ever drops anywhere? They can't do a guild run to try to get it to drop so they don't have to buy it? What's the use of being in that guild then? I know, for myself, I will run an instance I don't need if a guidy needs to run it for either xp, money or drops. Of course, my guilds are usually people that I'm at the very least friendly with, not much point in being in a guild that isn't.

So the AH is pointless and should just be removed then? Because it will be pretty useless with all this exploited gear on their ruining the economy. Why should people play a game without a functioning economy when we can go elsewhere. Its a quality of life issue, people don't want to be stuck with gear they don't need when it could be sold to avoid some of the grind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So the AH is pointless and should just be removed then? Because it will be pretty useless with all this exploited gear on their ruining the economy. Why should people play a game without a functioning economy when we can go elsewhere. Its a quality of life issue, people don't want to be stuck with gear they don't need when it could be sold to avoid some of the grind.

Again, my quality of life isn't adversely affected by prices in the AH. I tend to undercut the average sale price anyway, sometimes significantly, on the two items I've listed since I started. I won't be ninja looting parties in epic dungeons, so that's not an issue, and greens get vendored. So no, it's not going to bother me how much I can't get on the AH for gear I'm not trying to sell, because if a piece of epic gear were to drop tonight, and I already had it, I'd greed or pass on it. That's how I roll, or don't roll.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I don't see why you can't sell gear. I've been selling all my looted greens and blues with no issue without using the AH.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I don't see why you can't sell gear. I've been selling all my looted greens and blues with no issue without using the AH.

Are you getting Astral Diamonds for all that excess gear?
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No they dont. Its amazing to see this kind of thought is out there though. Give me solid proof that what you are doing in the game is effecting me. Keep in note I do not touch the AH and Im not in a guild.

So you are part of the very very small minority playing this like a single player game. Good for you, feel free to keep on playing with your eyes shut. The rest of us prefer to play an MMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So you are part of the very very small minority playing this like a single player game. Good for you, feel free to keep on playing with your eyes shut. The rest of us prefer to play an MMO.

I do still group and PVP, How are those parts in a Single player?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again, my quality of life isn't adversely affected by prices in the AH. I tend to undercut the average sale price anyway, sometimes significantly, on the two items I've listed since I started. I won't be ninja looting parties in epic dungeons, so that's not an issue, and greens get vendored. So no, it's not going to bother me how much I can't get on the AH for gear I'm not trying to sell, because if a piece of epic gear were to drop tonight, and I already had it, I'd greed or pass on it. That's how I roll, or don't roll.

The fact that I am still having to debate with people about wanting a functioning AH in an MMO is beyond ridiculous. We should be able to take something like that for granted.

Most people besides you like to sell all their loot they earn for a decent profit in any mmo. I don't know about how endgame is here yet, but on other Cryptic games like STO with the same loot system, everyone needs everything unless their inventory is full or its an item that doesn't vendor or sell for exchange very much. Since everyone needs everything, you have missed out on lots of stuff you need so you also need to need everything just to make enough money to buy loot you missed out on. Even in most fleets im in work like that so nobody has to argue over who gets what, let the RNG decide that. I rather everyone do it that way in this game also, I wish their wasn't a need window, just everyone rolls on every item automatically, if you don't want it give it away or sell it later. Much faster too since you don't need to analyze each drop immediatley, just roll on it and worry about what it is afterwards.
    Anyway if you do play like this as I'm sure many do, we need a working economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »

All the top end game gear is what is being exploited from what I understand.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Are you getting Astral Diamonds for all that excess gear?
    No. But is it necessary? No.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I do still group and PVP, How are those parts in a Single player?
    Ok, so you participate in group content, and the exploiters don't affect you. So when you're running Castle Never and a really big upgrade drops for you, and a different class from you ninja's it to sell it, that doesn't affect you?

When you queue for PvP and your entire team is AFK, that doesn't affect you?
    I think you need to think about what you're saying a bit more
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    Ok, so you participate in group content, and the exploiters don't affect you. So when you're running Castle Never and a really big upgrade drops for you, and a different class from you ninja's it to sell it, that doesn't affect you?

When you queue for PvP and your entire team is AFK, that doesn't affect you?
    I think you need to think about what you're saying a bit more

Someone ninjaing an Item is not an exploit, it has happened before in multiple MMOs I have been in.

If they are AFKing in the PVP group then I will leave and do something else in the game like a foundry mission.

I dont see how either of those two examples are ruining my whole game experience though. I , unlike most people apparently, can let things go and move on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The fact that I am still having to debate with people about wanting a functioning AH in an MMO is beyond ridiculous. We should be able to take something like that for granted.

Most people besides you like to sell all their loot they earn for a decent profit in any mmo. I don't know about how endgame is here yet, but on other Cryptic games like STO with the same loot system, everyone needs everything unless their inventory is full or its an item that doesn't vendor or sell for exchange very much. Since everyone needs everything, you have missed out on lots of stuff you need so you also need to need everything just to make enough money to buy loot you missed out on. Even in most fleets im in work like that so nobody has to argue over who gets what, let the RNG decide that. I rather everyone do it that way in this game also, I wish their wasn't a need window, just everyone rolls on every item automatically, if you don't want it give it away or sell it later. Much faster too since you don't need to analyze each drop immediatley, just roll on it and worry about what it is afterwards.
    Anyway if you do play like this as I'm sure many do, we need a working economy.

Exactly. Time to stop feeding the fantrolls. It doesn't matter what argument you put up to show how absolutely freakin wrong they are, they just make up a new argument.

This game is broke, wipe it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Exactly. Time to stop feeding the fantrolls. It doesn't matter what argument you put up to show how absolutely freakin wrong they are, they just make up a new argument.

This game is broke, wipe it.

You do realize that discussing two different points of an issue is a discussion right? Its not just everyone agreeing on what you say.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You do realize that discussing two different points of an issue is a discussion right? Its not just everyone agreeing on what you say.

The 2 issues I am discussing are the new server/server wipe issue, and the broken economy issue, they are directly related as the need for a new server results from the exploits that broke the economy and we both agree, and both completley disagree with you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The 2 issues I am discussing are the new server/server wipe issue, and the broken economy issue, they are directly related as the need for a new server results from the exploits that broke the economy and we both agree, and both completley disagree with you.

And that is a discussion! You dont need to agree with someone if you dont want to. I dont think the game is broken nor does it need a full server wipe/new server, something that wont happen anyways.
This discussion has been closed.