test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

1333435363739»

Comments

• Options
    sacredm23sacredm23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at this point a roll back isn't needed, i won't be spending money on this game if it's done.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    unirod wrote: »
    can you just leave pls ? I bet you are lvl 43ish something and you didn't even begin to understand what the problem is. Most people like me complaining on the forums because we LOVED THE GAME. When I played any other game or f2p(in this case p2w) title which i then liked less and less for different reasons, I JUST LEFT. I didn't log in anymore, I certainly didn't post on the forums.

So this complaining and making noise is the most constructive thing around this pile of ****.

Your "goodbye children bla " <--- if that is all you have to contribute, like I said - just leave. Nothing to do for you here.

So you have re-evaluated your position since then, and have decided that, if you don't like the way a game is managed, it's far better to just cuss people out on the forums for disagreeing with you? When I'm unhappy with games, I leave. I don't hang out on the forums and troll people as "fanboys".
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    They already have said that there will bo no wipe. I dont know why you are still talking :/

they also said the game is Free to Play. Yet it's Pay to Win. So why would you trust them on this one?
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they also said the game is Free to Play. Yet it's Pay to Win. So why would you trust them on this one?

6-/10. You can do better.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say a reroll says "FU Customer". So is your opinion objectively correct, or mine? Neither?
    You missed the possibility of Both being correct. Which is possible.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

A pay to win senario means that you can win at this game. When have you ever been able to Win in a MMO. And the game is free to play. I have yet to pay a single cent to PWE and I can still play.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Just because you don't understand or even worse, refuse to understand what the problem is doesn't make your statement valid.

What they could do is open new servers with a reset economy. Then people with common sense can restart there ( which is annoying, i know but better than a broken monopoly). The rest of the sheep can stay on the current old shards.

Nothing you say makes your statement valid. You are submitting a subjective opinion as fact. Yes, exploiting is bad, and as I type this, it is being patched. The initial post in the thread concerning the maintenance even points out that they have a team looking into the damage to the economy. So, this will be fixed. Probably not today, but they did remove the EZ Mode exploit, according to the patch notes. So, you are going on and on, worrying this issue like a dog with a bone, and are evidently doing so uninformed about what's going on. So again, how is your position valid? Is it because you've got years of experience developing MMOs and know better than the rest of us what's happening? If this is the case, can you link me to your MMO, I want to see what you've done, unless it's a shooter anyway, I'm not big on shooters.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    at this point a roll back is needed, i won't be spending money on this game if its not done.

This is just a convenient roll-back comment and isn't solely directed at you mythrildragon.

I don't believe that a roll-back is needed nor do I think that a server wipe is really needed.

What is needed is a robust and comprehensive security audit by Perfect World to track down the exploiters - it really shouldn't be -that- hard to find, hopefully they have logging on for everything since this is, after all, a beta stage of the game and they could just do a search for one shot kills on bosses. Once they have a character name, do an audit on their transactions, ban the character and wipe their assets.

The auction house prices would stabilize to whatever they should be.

The accumulated Astral Diamonds would be removed from the game.

The excess of epic items would be removed from the game.

Plus they can track down any real money transfers that may have happened due to this exploit as well and ban the people involved in those as well.

Net result: Good things for the game.

Of course, the question is, will they do this? Unfortunately, I doubt it. If they haven't done it already I don't expect them to do it moving forward. They could even set a threshold as to how many bosses were killed using the exploit (one or two killed bosses) so that people who innocently discovered the bug and immediately stopped using it wouldn't be punished.
  • Options
    notoriouspyronotoriouspyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those who used this exploit should:
    Be banned.
    Have any items sold that were obtained through exploit, deleted and the AD returned to the buyer.
    PWE should give us a discount on ZEN or at least a boost to something for a while to make up for this problem.
    wrath_small.png
    Mature, friendly, laid back international guild. Newbie friendly. Expect banter. We have TS3 and guild bank. Must want to help other guild members out and get help in return. Message me (Walgeon@notoriouspyro) for info!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    You missed the possibility of Both being correct. Which is possible.

They can be, subjectively, but not objectively. The former is an opinion, the latter is verifiably a fact one way or the other.
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Be banned.
    Have any items sold that were obtained through exploit, deleted and the AD returned to the buyer.
    PWE should give us a discount on ZEN or at least a boost to something for a while to make up for this problem.

Check your e-mail. They sent me a 15% Zen discount. I just chuckled. Unless there is a clean start/wipe, I will not spend a penny on this game. It can be played for free, and that is what I will be doing. No point in supporting developers that don't support us.
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,
    I would like you to know that ive got full refound of stuff ive bought aka zen.
    And bcoz of that ill never again believe in what CM post here...

So if someone feels like he has been cheated feel free to ask for refound using correct ways in your country.
    Have a nice day.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Be banned.

What if a buyer bought and resold the exploited item? What if the exploiter used a dummy account to buy and resell the item? How can you tell the difference between both?
  • Options
    capy86capy86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I liked the idea of a new server with fixed exploit for a fresh start. Wouldn't mind leaving the exploiters to enjoy their own ruined game. As long as their ill-gotten valuables cannot in any way make it over to the new server (AD, Zen, anything from other server really).
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    i agree there has been ''waaaaaaaaaay'' to much exploits to get to level 60 to get millions maybe even billions of AD
  • Options
    notoriouspyronotoriouspyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    Check your e-mail. They sent me a 15% Zen discount. I just chuckled. Unless there is a clean start/wipe, I will not spend a penny on this game. It can be played for free, and that is what I will be doing. No point in supporting developers that don't support us.
    I haven't had any email :(.
    wrath_small.png
    Mature, friendly, laid back international guild. Newbie friendly. Expect banter. We have TS3 and guild bank. Must want to help other guild members out and get help in return. Message me (Walgeon@notoriouspyro) for info!
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    klangeddin wrote: »
    6-/10. You can do better.

The game is Pay to win for a certain ( depending on player skill, ontime, farm rate) time. I estimated for me to be as strong as some people already are through cold hard cash, is 3 months.
    I play alot, for some people it will take up to a year to obtain the needed 450$ in zen and/or AD.
    For each of the greater Enchantments 21 Coalescent wards are needed. This number can vary because you can obtain them by praying 7 days in a row through celestrial coins ( I opened 8 boxes before i stopped playing, received 1 coal ward ).
    2 of those Enchantments are needed, 42 wards, 420$. Epic Mount for PvP 30-40$ ( I fair here and choose the 30$ not so nice looking +3 horsy ). So pay 450$ now if you want to play PvP ( after it's fixed, no AFKers, actuall playable PvP ) or farm mindlessly a couple of months. PvE is never a problem with this P2W isssue. PvP whatsoever is a huge problem.

is this 9/10 now boss ? i done gud boss ?
  • Options
    bakadarkkibakadarkki Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like this to be more not p2w like Warframe which has executed it almost perfectly. I would not mind full wipe since my char is in lvl12 and i read about those exploits so i would prefer wipe but not an advocate to preach for it :)
  • Options
    jabeazjabeaz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol at comparing this game to SWTOR. It's got a long way to go before its even that good. I played through SWTOR and to say it doesn't have end game content isn't really all that fair. With the Hutt Expansion there's now leveling up to 55, and 6 end game raids with 3 difficulty modes to do them in. SWTOR's not the best game, but don't compare it to the **** that is Rift, and it has more end game content than this "live" "Open Beta" w/e you wanna call it game has. The difference is I think.. Bioware is actually making an effort, whether or not they succeed doesn't matter, they're making an effort to fix things that don't just neccessarily make them money. Whereas, Craptic has the history of only fixing something that lines their pockets.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    0/10. Littered with assumptions and assertions and none of the stuff you add up for the dollar amount is necessary.

Would you be so kind and point out my assertions and assumptions?
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PvE is never a problem with this P2W isssue. PvP whatsoever is a huge problem.

For those of us who have no interest in PvP, this is not a problem.

For those who have no interest in PvE, perhaps this game isn't for you.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments here! I need to close this thread due to the high volume of off-topic chat.

We are looking into the issue in detail and will post information regarding the next steps as soon as the next steps are determined. Until then, I politely request your patience while we work this out. I understand that this is a very passionate topic, so I do understand that many players do wish to voice their concerns, however, please note that it is challenging for us to discuss feedback and potential solutions to an issue that has not yet been fully analyzed from a game data perspective. Once we are able to finish our investigation, we should be able to share more insight regarding next steps. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work this out! It is a very high priority for us to ensure that the game remains fair and balanced.
This discussion has been closed.