test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

combatcas wrote: »
They screwed themselves in a rush to open the cash shop and rake it in; Gear has flooded the market, it costs a lot less for those who convert cash= PW makes less.. AD have been farmed to an insane degree and converted to PW currency so they basically gave away money.. Every lvl 60 has easy and cheap access to full top end gear with no real reason to work for it. Those who want to play for it feel cheated because why work for something you cant really be proud of.. Max gear level leaves nowhere to go, for a game that hasn't launched yet maxing out gear is a bit problematic..

Non Wipeable Beta = Huge Mistake.

You don't tattoo without a template or build without blueprints or shoot without a confirmed target because if you screw up: YOU CAN"T GO BACK. Even a child understands this concept.

We wouldn't be passionate if we weren't impassioned; I like this game more everyday and it makes me even more furious that it's being treated with so much contempt (my guess is by the administration or "the money" and not the people who actually put their effort in to building it as I'm sure they are far more disgusted at what is becoming of their work than we as players will ever be capable of).

kaydiechi wrote: »
i know we wont get any character wipes, but can we please get some action taken agianst the exploiters, and some kind of rollback?

i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour LW94B9j.png
he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?240671-The-question!!!!! VOTE PLEASE
Post edited by taemekeg on

Comments

• Options
    zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And how exactly it is affecting you if someone "cheated" his way to lvl60?
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • Options
    judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not needed, not gonna happen.
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Not going to happen, going back on what they said, after people have spent tens through hundreds of dollars in the zen shop, would create a PR nightmare. Perfect World/Cryptic already has a shaky reputation with alot of people, they wont want to create more reason for distrust.

Everyone gets to 60 eventually, its not difficult.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they do that and it won't happen, Cryptic will have to refund every dime people have spent in the zen store. Oh yeah, will never happen.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol

Yeah...that would go over really well.
  • Options
    johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It probably messed up the economy too since many people exploit even the highest lvl 60 dungeons on top of getting to 60 through exploits.

Imagine all the AD they got and great gear they got all free through exploits and then other people either have to spend 100x the hours played or real money to get what they got fast, free and by cheating.
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have said before and I will say it again, there will be no character wipes. Unless they change their mind.

But to the point of max level chars....it happens, in every game. People dont see the game as where you do stuff, they see the end game content as that. Which, given, end game content is usually the Challenging stuff, so people rush as fast as possible using any means at their disposal to get to max level because thats when you are at your peak performance, and when the hardest challenges await you. I see the logic, but I dont care for it myself. I prefer to enjoy all the story and content the devs took the time to make, and not skip everything and go straight for last boss.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy that cake I'm eating, but I also like to thank the people who made it for me usually. Its generally the human thing to do.
  • Options
    markand60markand60 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

And what do you intend to do with the folk who have paid hard cash to level as far as they have got?

Don't cry....just cos you actually have to play the game.
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to the beta that's not a beta! OPEN BETA! no wipes for joo.

And honestly, this game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level. In less than two weeks of casual play I'm lvl 43. Over halfway done with the "progression" I can't imagine why people would "cheat" to level faster than that.. seeing as how there's zero end game content.

Another SWtOR for the record books folks. Move along, nothing to see.
  • Options
    fizzelopeguss1fizzelopeguss1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

you're just pissed you paid 200 bucks to win...and you're not winning.
  • Options
    xratasxratas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about people like me, who got to 60 with fair play? Let's just wipe it all?

Maybe they should also ban your account, it's free to play so you can make new soon enough, you only lost $199 founder's pack. Not a big problem of mine, so should be fine for everyone. Right?
  • Options
    jilkorathjilkorath Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could always look through all the data files and logs and simply wipe the characters of the abusers. :P (Speaking of cheaters, ie anyone who dupes, etc.) That's unlikely to happen however, simply from the leniency every other mmorpg has ever given to cheaters.

What they need to do, is promote the Trade Channel, and disable the Auction Broker until it's better. I accidently bid 3xs as much as I'd be willing to spend, on an item I wasn't bidding on, trying to win a bid on an item with the 59 second count down left.... T_T
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree the OP has not thought this through...I have not cheated and I don't think more than 5% of people have used any exploits but the OP wants all our hard work wiped.
    No No No No No No.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013

Let's all obsess over what everyone else does!
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    Not going to happen, going back on what they said, after people have spent tens through hundreds of dollars in the zen shop, would create a PR nightmare. Perfect World/Cryptic already has a shaky reputation with alot of people, they wont want to create more reason for distrust.

Everyone gets to 60 eventually, its not difficult.

You would simply be reimbursed that Zen to your account as all your Zen purchases are connected to your master account.
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Another SWtOR for the record books folks. Move along, nothing to see"

If that is the case I'm going to shoot myself right now. I'm still having nightmares and cold sweats from playing that POS!!!
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wrenaq wrote: »
    I agree the OP has not thought this through...I have not cheated and I don't think more than 5% of people have used any exploits but the OP wants all our hard work wiped.
    No No No No No No.

you have no proof of that figure and I'd be willing to bet it is more then you realize.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    xratas wrote: »
    How about people like me, who got to 60 with fair play? Let's just wipe it all?

Maybe they should also ban your account, it's free to play so you can make new soon enough, you only lost $199 founder's pack. Not a big problem of mine, so should be fine for everyone. Right?

We are talking about Character wipes, not account wipes......../facepalm
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    you have no proof of that figure and I'd be willing to bet it is more then you realize.

So? Get over yourself. People who try to monitor everyone and regulate them are incredibly annoying.

Before you say anything I'm not rushing and do not have a 60.
    you're just pissed you paid 200 bucks to win...and you're not winning.

Also this.
  • Options
    silestesileste Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, thanks. Why should I be punished because others cheated? What do I get for having to start all over? Them cheating effects me in no way besides maybe they don't know how to play their class but you will run into these types regardless. I disagree with there being a wipe.
    NWDC-2_zps52f863ab.png
  • Options
    stadulatorstadulator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    "Another SWtOR for the record books folks. Move along, nothing to see"

If that is the case I'm going to shoot myself right now. I'm still having nightmares and cold sweats from playing that POS!!!

Sorry to say but that's pretty much what we have here. A screwed up progression system where you can level to max in less than a month by not even trying. Unfinished pvp, no raiding (not even one) Basically you get to replay all the dungeons you worked your way through leveling (think RIFT or SWtOR) NOW WITH MORE ADDS! Delicious.
  • Options
    wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even If it is higher why do you care how others play? just play your own game eh? The guys who rushed to 60 using foundry exploit missions have only conned themselves by missing all the great content and missing out on gear also.
    Once again why do you care it doesn't effect your play at all.
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    You would simply be reimbursed that Zen to your account as all your Zen purchases are connected to your master account.

Yes but things would still be different. The AD-Zen exchange rate could be different after a wipe, meaning you could have less zen or less AD than you previously had. I know alot of people who bought zen, and cashed in on the easy AD at the start, and will be reselling the AD for Zen when the rate lowers.

People who got Nightmare mounts or the Phoenix companion would be screwed, since they might not be able to get it again using the same number of keys (I know my wife got the phoenix after 2 chests, a guildie the mount after 3)
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

And how will they "simply reimburse" the time everyone has spent on their characters? I know I haven't rushed, as my highest is 37.... but then there's my other five alts in the 18-33 range. And all the things I've done on crafting, gathering interesting armor variants to save for dying/alteration, etc.

No. I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that some other people ruined their own game by rushing. Wipe happened, doesn't matter how much fun I'm having here, I've got other games to play. And there's a good number of other people with similar thoughts - no need to put up with that, we're out of here.

Something like you describe would destroy their playerbase. Not gonna happen.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zorpenn wrote: »
    And how exactly it is affecting you if someone "cheated" his way to lvl60?

What this guy said, people who powerlevel to cap will leave the game quickly anyway as the majority of the content is currently in the levelling range and not at the cap.

A full character wipe now would affect everyone who was previously unaffected by these Powerlevelers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    Welcome to the beta that's not a beta! OPEN BETA! no wipes for joo.

And honestly, this game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level. In less than two weeks of casual play I'm lvl 43. Over halfway done with the "progression" I can't imagine why people would "cheat" to level faster than that.. seeing as how there's zero end game content.

Another SWtOR for the record books folks. Move along, nothing to see.

My point exactly.

Someone who gets it.
  • Options
    ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...if people cheat to level, then they should pay the price,not me. I did the quests and dungeons [and had fun doing it]. I'm not gonna say "people cheated!? WIPE EVERYONE'S ACCOUNT!!" just because people don't know how to play legit or are too lazy.
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
  • Options
    xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So you want a character wipe every time there is an exploit? Because I hate to break it to you but for every 1 exploit cryptic learns about and fixes these people already know of 3 or 4 others to use once the one is fixed.

And please people don't use the word economy like its controlled by the players. The economy in every PWE game is controlled by the zen shop. I'm not saying that to argue about p2w or anything like that. I've played enough PWE games to see it. This game will be/is no different.

Exploiters will always be on top because there are always ways to exploit games.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    And how will they "simply reimburse" the time everyone has spent on their characters? I know I haven't rushed, as my highest is 37.... but then there's my other five alts in the 18-33 range. And all the things I've done on crafting, gathering interesting armor variants to save for dying/alteration, etc.

No. I don't give a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that some other people ruined their own game by rushing. Wipe happened, doesn't matter how much fun I'm having here, I've got other games to play. And there's a good number of other people with similar thoughts - no need to put up with that, we're out of here.

Something like you describe would destroy their playerbase. Not gonna happen.

Whats happened to the game has already destroyed the game. You fail to realize how economically damaging this has been to PW.

If I was PW right now, I'd be packing in my pants about what to do. Ever wondered why the long drawn out silence even about responding to known issues? A simple, "We are aware of the issue and looking into it." would suffice right? But nothing, gee I wonder why.
  • Options
    ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whats happened to the game has already destroyed the game. You fail to realize how economically damaging this has been to PW.

If I was PW right now, I'd be packing in my pants about what to do. Ever wondered why the long drawn out silence even about responding to known issues? A simple, "We are aware of the issue and looking into it." would suffice right? But nothing, gee I wonder why.

*facepalm* You think this hasn't happened before in other games?
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
This discussion has been closed.