Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    if you want to fix problem report in the exploiters that how you stop it

People have been reporting the issues non-stop, and there's no changes in patches, or any official comment whatsoever
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    I misspoke my point, he pulled 200 million AD out of the market, which he then used to transfer to Zen and sold that to a 3rd party website. Which is devastating to the economy by not only making T2 gear absolutely worthless, but by essentially sticking his hand in PWE's pocket and pulling out around 5000USD.

Did I mention that he used an exploit that causes him to one shot ALL characters and NPCs in the game to amass this wealth?
    When one buys up Zen with Astral Diamonds then one is buying them from other players. The exchange is based on players selling Zen for Astral Diamonds. That means that this one individual did nothing more than move Astral Diamonds and Perfect World lost nothing in the process.

Next, how is making T2 gear cheap a bad thing for the economy? You may find that the concept is self evident but I do not. If high end gear is extremely cheap then that means it is harder for gold sellers to function. Cheap high level gear makes it easy for new level 60s to gear up and reach a "base line" gear score. That then allows them access to the higher level content without having to spend hours upon hours of grinding for the gear.

Now, it may be that you feel that hours of grinding for better gear is a fundamental and vital element of an MMO and I can respect that opinion. I don't agree with it but I can respect it. But, if that is the case you need to state it out right that you feel that cheap gear invalidates your sense of progression through the gear levels.
  • Options
    chewbydoobychewbydooby Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I don't think people understand the problem with this. What he's saying is there will be HUGE problems in the future.

If someone is able to farm 5,000$+ worth of zen with a days worth of farming, it's ridiculous. Something has to be done about this, because I want to enjoy this game for what it is. I really like this game, and I would really be sad if it falls under because people are exploiting THOUSANDS of Zen and stuff.

Ppl pls. (Plus it's kind of unfair if they just leave it, and those who amassed all these riches get to be perma-rich forever not having to work for anything. Likely they'll quit, because it'll get boring FAST.)

Exactly!

Put in a check of some kind! If you make more than XXXXXX AD per day, you are automatically tagged for investigation. If the GM sees you did something illegal = permaban. How hard is that to do?
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, it would actually. Having that much wealth centered in one place is always incredibly bad for the economy. Though it's within the confines of the game's rules and I seriously doubt anyone would pump 5000USD into this game. It's a self-limiter.
    You aren't getting the point that I am trying to make. Any game that lets you transfer real world money into virtual currency DOES NOT have an actual economy.
  • Options
    armorboxarmorbox Member Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    This is a point of no return. Things cant be fixed without full wipe.
  • Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    armorbox wrote: »
    This is a point of no return. Things cant be fixed without full wipe.

your idiot if you think whip fix things. if you whip you just destory the game people dont want to play game then if there character whip out and they spend zen on the game. only people who say this are the people who dont spend money in the game at all
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Incorrect, they lost money because he then turned around and sold those Zen to a 3rd party website for USD. Which that website will turn around and sell them to players. Those players buying those recycled Zen from the 3rd party rather than PWE. It's the same reason Publishers HATE Gamestop.
    That's something that this individual participated in and I hope they get banned for it. I would hope that Perfect World has systems in place to track down such a transaction and remove the Zen from the game. This is something that could happen regardless of this particular exploit existing or not though.
    Because T2 gear is supposed to be rare, hard to obtain. It's supposed to be an aspiration item that you either save up a lot for or accomplish yourself through hard work. It's not supposed to be something you can buy an entire outfit for pocket change.
    That's cool. I respect that opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    your idiot if you think whip fix things. if you whip you just destory the game people dont want to play game then if there character whip out and they spend zen on the game

Wipe should be done after patching. There is no other way. If thing are going like this, no more options left.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wipe should be done after patching. There is no other way.

whip dont fix nothing. there all expoit in any mmorpg. best thing to do is ban players who did the exploit.

whip dont mean you get your zen back you just lose your money as well
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Of course it does. A complex and complicated economy doesn't make it not an economy.

I recommend you sit and think about it for a little bit, and hopefully you will realize that your comment makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whip dont fix nothing. there all expoit in any mmorpg. best thing to do is ban players who did the exploit

Good luck playing with cheaters, mr. tolerance. Don`t forget to buy AD. The problem that there is not few player that was cheating, there is hundreds of them. And items are sold by this time.
  • Options
    ebonogiebonogi Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually you. Right click on them to inspect. I do it all the time.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This thread is at 40 pages without a response from PW/Cryptic? ****. (Edit: Wow, this filter)

Getting wiped sucks, but having a game with a destroyed economy is even worse.

If I didn't say it already (which I'm sure I did, but I can't find my post): This is the prime reason why you don't release your cash shop in beta.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe should be done after patching. There is no other way. If thing are going like this, no more options left.

I completely agree. There should be full character wipes after every patch. That way the people that either had to endure or got to exploit any bugs that existed before the patch are placed on the same level as the people that did not. It's the only fair way to handle this issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good luck playing with cheaters, mr. tolerance. Don`t forget to buy AD.

i never use the auction house. im player who goes and collect my own gear the gear i dont want o discard or sale for coins for potion
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Heh, you really have nothing, do you?
    I have the argument actually; it's not my fault that you can't wrap your mind around how this is not a true economy.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good luck playing with cheaters, mr. tolerance. Don`t forget to buy AD. The problem that there is not few player that was cheating, there is hundreds of them. And items are sold by this time.

want fix the problem remove the auction house make player do dungeon get there own gear
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    whip dont fix nothing. there all expoit in any mmorpg. best thing to do is ban players who did the exploit.

whip dont mean you get your zen back you just lose your money as well
    Please don't spread misinformation. They're perfect capable of giving you zen back, (they did it in closed beta), and in the event a wipe I guarantee you they would do that.
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There is a difference between minor bugs and exploits and other nuisances, and a gamebreaking exploit that is let continue for days (who knows, maybe weeks?).

The quest-sharing exploit was already known and reported in CB....so yeah.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    want fix the problem remove the auction house make player do dungeon get there own gear

You right. Just leave alone those guys who got hundreds of millions of ad. Go get your gear.
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At first when I saw all the posts about wipes, I was like meh, whatever. However, at this point, I would fully support a wipe. Reverse the Zen/AD transactions and delete all of the characters. Since this is still beta according to PWE and Cryptic, they have time before "launch" to give HotN and Guardians their "headstart".

There are too many exploits and bugs in the game to be taking people's money in a cash shop at this point.

Of course, this is just my opinion on the matter. I will speak with my wallet and PWE/Cryptic wont see another cent from me. That's about the best I can do at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's not my fault that you have no rebuttal so you resort to ad hominem.

It's not my fault that you can't explain your argument as to how a virtual economy that can at any time be infused with infinite currency is somehow a true economy.
  • Options
    robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »

There are too many exploits and bugs in the game to be taking people's money in a cash shop at this point.

That is how a lot of us are starting to feel. I have no idea how they are letting these things happen without putting a stop to it!

Wipe and restart the whole thing fresh.
This discussion has been closed.