Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »
    please stop this nonsense... you people are truly clueless.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?215092-The-difference-between-Open-Beta-amp-Launch/page9&highlight=stoermc

and you... the guy who doesn't think the people killing bosses solo are even exploiting... you should save your sympathy for yourself.

The fact that I can see my STO Fleet chat in this game leads me to believe they already "poofed" these servers out of thin air... well out of outer space to be more exact :P

Should u believe Community Moderator or Game Producer ? Coz game producer clearly shows its LIVE. They just want to keep ppl in delusion of open beta so they wont ask for refound as it can be demanded only for few weeks of purchase.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    PWE deserves to get screwed out of money, since there so greedy, what comes around goes around, maybe more time fixing bugs, and less time obsessing over new ways for people to spend money at the cash shop.
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pojzon wrote: »
    Should u believe Community Moderator or Game Producer ? Coz game producer clearly shows its LIVE. They just want to keep ppl in delusion of open beta so they wont ask for refound as it can be demanded only for few weeks of purchase.

lmao OK, it's cool... GL with your "refound".. whatever that is.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aw **** that's hilarious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hate to say it, because I've spent probably about 40 hours legit in this game, and I'm sure TONS of people spent TONS more than that ..........

But I agree, the only way to really get things back on an even keel is a reset. Or maybe they could open a new 'server' or 'shard' or whatever they want to call it, for people who want a fresh start.

I'd go.
  • Options
    valvexenvalvexen Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    I logged on to swotor a few weeks back to check it out, and was reading patch notes, and i swear 90% of it was about cash shop garbage, this is the problem with these companys now days, they spend way to much time on trying to get money out of you, and not enuf time fixing ****.
  • Options
    npavlinsky1npavlinsky1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, the solution to this is very, very simple, and forgive me if this has already been said, but I am not going to read 88 pages of posts. When they release official I am SURE there will be more servers. Don't like the cheaters/exploiters? Make a new character on a new server. Fresh start, fresh economy, problem solved. Sure the Zen/AD rates will be inflated, but the AH economy wont be, and eventually it will even out. That way people who don't care about the cheaters will stay, people who are butt hurt will move on. No one needs to wipe characters, even if you did it would be pointless anyway cause everyone would cash out their AD to Zen before the wipe.
  • Options
    marshotelmarshotel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just came to this forum to ask why I should begin playing, given the insane level of corruption commonly known about in the MMO community. I must say, a total wipe and tweaks would be ideal Or; at least gives us a new server where this nonsense is addressed and we can start fresh.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, the solution to this is very, very simple, and forgive me if this has already been said, but I am not going to read 88 pages of posts. When they release official I am SURE there will be more servers. Don't like the cheaters/exploiters? Make a new character on a new server. Fresh start, fresh economy, problem solved. Sure the Zen/AD rates will be inflated, but the AH economy wont be, and eventually it will even out. That way people who don't care about the cheaters will stay, people who are butt hurt will move on. No one needs to wipe characters, even if you did it would be pointless anyway cause everyone would cash out their AD to Zen before the wipe.

You are wrong. They have three servers and the plan is to merge them, not create more.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    even if you did it would be pointless anyway cause everyone would cash out their AD to Zen before the wipe.

Would not matter, all pw has to do is reimburse the zen based on what was brought over from the actual pw site, not what zen you made in game.
  • Options
    galactimangalactiman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sileste wrote: »
    No, thanks. Why should I be punished because others cheated? What do I get for having to start all over? Them cheating effects me in no way besides maybe they don't know how to play their class but you will run into these types regardless. I disagree with there being a wipe.
    I don't think your signature is big enough. It doesn't quite take up the whole screen. Please fix it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's sad really. Such a fun game and so new. It's turning off new players like me before it's even taken off. Oh well.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    marshotel wrote: »
    It's sad really. Such a fun game and so new. It's turning off new players like me before it's even taken off. Oh well.

Yes because it's the only game that has ever had an exploit at launch/beta, it's never happened to any other game and it's impossible for developers to ever ever fix things. /sarcasm
  • Options
    notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Yes because it's the only game that has ever had an exploit at launch/beta, it's never happened to any other game and it's impossible for developers to ever ever fix things. /sarcasm

They can fix this whole thing with a wipe right now. Problem solved.
  • Options
    truegamer0truegamer0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notdrizzt wrote: »
    They can fix this whole thing with a wipe right now. Problem solved.
    Yeah only for it to happen all over again. There are other ways to solve this as it's been done before.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »

Well charononus - I've been playing these MMO's since 1997 and while many have issues, few were even remotely as extreme as this. That said; it's not like this is an open world pvp game where you lose loot like games I've played in days gone by; so it's not a big deal from that perspective. But from the perspective of economy and a general desire by most to have a feeling of a level playing field, this is the fastest I've seen a game release and be destroyed on that level pretty much, ever.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One funny fact, they keep saying on twitter "No character wipes after #OpenBeta." does that mean they can wipe during Open Beta :P (just trolling).
  • Options
    tallulahkattallulahkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are one of the people exploiting, or have a friend doing it and you are benefiting from it there should be no reason why only after around 2 weeks of game play why anyone would be upset over character / server wipes.
    -Fix the exploits and horrid bugs
    -Wipe the slate clean, wipe all account characters and server
    -refund all zen purchases from the pw website

And now we have a working Neverwinter game.... What is the problem guys, why are you really having that much of a problem of your characters being wiped after around 2 weeks? I mean its not like its been ages since game launched.
  • Options
    vestige321vestige321 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    truegamer0 wrote: »
    Yeah only for it to happen all over again. There are other ways to solve this as it's been done before.

Yeah oh I don't know, hotfix the guardian issue? Take down the servers until it's fixed? Ban exploiters while they are at it? Did they do any of that? Nope.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are one of the people exploiting, or have a friend doing it and you are benefiting from it there should be no reason why only after around 2 weeks of game launch the game why anyone would be upset over character / server wipes.

And now we have a working Neverwinter game.... What is the problem guys, why are you really having that much of a problem of your characters being wiped after around 2 weeks? I mean its not like its been ages since game launched.

Exactly!!!!
  • Options
    urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    this game sucks, quit playing it. devs don't give a chit about these problems, only wants $$$

pzl8
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless you are one of the people exploiting, or have a friend doing it and you are benefiting from it there should be no reason why only after around 2 weeks of game play why anyone would be upset over character / server wipes.

Not everyone thinks the same as you, don't try to force your though into others. Not everyone is lucky to be living with their parents, no school no jobs playing in the computer all day to play a game they had already spent precious time into. Some people in the real world have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get to work at 7 AM everyday from money to friday just to get back home at 5-6 PM depending on traffic.

Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    braddassbraddass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 108
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if someone powerleveled or exploited to 60. IMHO that is their loss.

That said, I think it would be really sad if they let he economy be permanently ruined by exploiters before the game actually goes live.
    I am a Lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not everyone thinks the same as you, don't try to force your though into others. Not everyone is lucky to be living with their parents, no school no jobs playing in the computer all day to play a game they had already spent precious time into. Some people in the real world have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get to work at 7 AM everyday from money to friday just to get back home at 5-6 PM depending on traffic.

Thank you!

And you sir / mam need to rethink how you talk to people. No where in that whole statement was i forcing my "though " on to anyone.. this is the real world son, everyone is entitled to opinions.. and as you say having to be up at 5:30 and work all the time like I and my husband do, then you really probably do not have much played time under your belt to be worried if a you had a character wipe....

Again not forcing my "though" on anyone just stating an opinion.

Thank you!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    As reluctant as i am I agree this game needs a wipe. Too many exploits is ruining the game. It's a bitter medicine but it must be taken for the long term health of the game.
  • Options
    cocksworthcocksworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you!

What exactly are you losing from a wipe if you play casually? This game is so stupidly easy to level in the progress sub 60s with no pvp/t1 or t2 gear made can be repeated in two weeks on an iphone during morning dumps. If you were cranking out AD with 10 character slots doing professions spams that's just another kind of exploit so his point still stands.
  • Options
    lisnarilisnari Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestige321 wrote: »
    Yeah oh I don't know, hotfix the guardian issue? Take down the servers until it's fixed? Ban exploiters while they are at it? Did they do any of that? Nope.

What makes me mad is they nurffed the foundry XP when people where just farming that in like 3 days. This unfortunately will need major surgery.

Be that total char wipe's and Zen refunded will only solve it.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Anyone that thinks that a server wipe would not cause people screaming and leave the game is mistaken. In essence, it is everyone in class being punished because one person pranked the teacher. I would be more irritated with the people calling for the character wipe than the exploiters if a character wipe happened because the exploiters have not affected how I play the game while the people calling for the character wipe would ruin the game. Most people don't see the exploits since it is only for people getting to level 60 quickly and level 60 drops. It does not matter if I played for 2 weeks or 2 years because I have grown attached to my characters and will be sad to see them gone. If a character wipe occurs, then I will be very irritated and strongly consider leaving this game and never return. I am certain that a good portion of the player base will leave. A character wipe would be like using a nuke when a fly swatter is good enough to get rid of a few flies.
  • Options
    xadfrostxadfrost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I had to sit through leveling to 60 again because of some exploiters... No, I'd spend my time on something else.
    They would also have to refund Zen and AD or be destroyed! :P

But come on... There will always be exploits and exploiters - people who gain unreasonable amounts of currency and the like by questionable means. It's the nature of online games. Live with what is, don't encourage it and hope the company hosting the game is taking action to resolve the issue.
    Even if they fixed all the exploits and removed easy ways to earn currency and other values, another thing would take its place and we would just have farmers or something else. It an ongoing battle and the decent players should not have to suffer for it by getting their characters deleted. It's really ridicules in my opinion to suggest a total character wipe.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I hope they do full account wipes and refund no monies. Online Experiences May Change!!
This discussion has been closed.