test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    If Cryptic does a wipe they would get hit with a class action suit so fast. They would also lose a ton of money in charge backs.

I would have to have all my rare pets and mounts, everything in my crafting tabs, all my rare and very rare enchants and a full refund of all zen spent just to be satisfied with a wipe.

good luck with that class action with the ELUA you signed. . .

You also should read in the FAQ where they say Open beta Wipes are not PLANNED, but not completely off the table. . .
  • Options
    dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    If you lose a player who spent no money what did you lose?

If you retain a player who got reimbursed all thier Zen and then stayed and played on, what did you keep?

These are the questions that people need to start asking themselves.

One sceanrio you lose a potential customer who *might* spend something versus keeping someone you already know spends money but might lose them due to the state the game is currently in.

Facts are and have been like this for years of F2P gaming, there is more people who mooch off a F2P game then there is who pay to play it via the cash shop system. Nothing here has changed and most of the people here voicing thier concern of a Character wipe are more then likely, F2P players.

They should lock these forums up for use by people who have ethier bought a copy of the game OR purchased Zen, period.

It's amazing that people dont understand that players ARE content. Free players are people for paying players to group with, make friends with, be in guilds with, players who craft and put stuff on the AH, players who make foundry quests, and players who potentially will purchase things from the cash shop. Saying your potential customers, and the players who are actively making the game more populated, simply dont matter, is incredibly ignorant, not to mention short sighted.

Yes, yes we all know you spent $280 good for you, but free players DO add to the game and the gaming experience of paying players, even if they dont pay.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How is this even relevant to your argument about AD inflation. You're not answering your own thread properly but are now coming back with the:

"I spent $200 on this game, so my opinion should be the only one that's valid ... neener neener"

yeah good luck with that. Good or bad ideas are independent of how much money you spent. Thinking otherwise is elitism.

Regardless how you try and chalk it up, fact is, if you don't pay for a subscription of sub based games, you don't have rights to post on thier forums.

Same should apply here, don't spend money on Zen or the Game Purchase, you simply shouldn't have a right to post. The only thing that allows this as an exception at the current moment is, Open Beta, which means what again? Change at will in the best intrest of the game.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm really having a hard time understanding this whole QQing over this. If this was PvP Centric game I'd get it, but really in the big scope of things how does this hurt (except maybe the whole "his is bigger than mine" syndrome? Find some friends/guilds that haven't abused and just play/enjoy the game.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    It's amazing that people dont understand that players ARE content. Free players are people for paying players to group with, make friends with, be in guilds with, players who craft and put stuff on the AH, players who make foundry quests, and players who potentially will purchase things from the cash shop. Saying your potential customers, and the players who are actively making the game more populated, simply dont matter, is incredibly ignorant.

Yes, yes we all know you spent $280 good for you, but free players DO add to the game and the gaming experience of paying players, even if they dont pay.

Shhh, no need for logic here. . .

. . .You will confuse him. . .
  • Options
    wildheart18wildheart18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This will not happen

Wiping a server after open beta release...is a bad idea!

Remember alot of people has bought the guardian and hero of the north founder pack(s)
    which there are following 600k Astral Diamonds for guardians, and 2mil Astral Diamands for hero of the norths

Zen Market is open, closing or wiping servers is the same as stealing money from peoples
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    If they do that and it won't happen, Cryptic will have to refund every dime people have spent in the zen store. Oh yeah, will never happen.

nah just refund the zen, so people can buy all stuff they did before, so they still get there money, and people get there zen its been done before...i am sort of inclined to agree on this one...
  • Options
    cookieyumyummycookieyumyummy Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    Why games have forums at all I have no idea, all they do is allow unhappy people to speak in a relatively public fashion. Definitely the biggest problem in gaming.

That people voice their opinion, that people fight against injustice is a problem? Wth is wrong with you?

Alas, I don't even give this game a lifespan of a year. PWE/Cryptic are clearly set on only making a quick buck. It is how it is.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless how you try and chalk it up, fact is, if you don't pay for a subscription of sub based games, you don't have rights to post on thier forums.

Same should apply here, don't spend money on Zen or the Game Purchase, you simply shouldn't have a right to post. The only thing that allows this as an exception at the current moment is, Open Beta, which means what again? Change at will in the best intrest of the game.

Again irrelevant to the argument of AD inflation ... no matter how elitist it is ;)

The best interest of the game is not to wipe away the millions of man hours spent in game by the players after a "no-wipe" promise. In fact that would be the fastest way for the game to fail.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    It's amazing that people dont understand that players ARE content. Free players are people for paying players to group with, make friends with, be in guilds with, players who craft and put stuff on the AH, players who make foundry quests, and players who potentially will purchase things from the cash shop. Saying your potential customers, and the players who are actively making the game more populated, simply dont matter, is incredibly ignorant.

/facepalm, I am not saying free players shouldn't be allowed to play, jesus christ people, learn to read. They simply shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums, same as sub based games.

Only difference here between a sub based game and cash shop game is, you would see any of these posts about how thier free to play game play experience will be ruined because they can't post OR play.

Free to play players should be remotely thankful that they can even play for free to begin with and the icing on that cake is the fact that this one of very little F2P games that you can actually access ALL the content without paying a single cent like alot of people have already posted.

Now, this is fine in theroy, right and seems to be currently working in Open Beta, now how many people do you think will stick around once they have to pay 20 or 60 bux to continue thier F2P access?
  • Options
    gruxgrux Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Max level doesn't really take that long. I don't really see how it matters how fast they got to max level when there's nothing competitive to even compete over.

I saw my wife get to 30-40 over the course of a week or so of not even playing that hard.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This will not happen

Remember alot of people has bought the guardian and hero of the north founder pack(s)
    which there are following 600k Astral Diamonds for guardians, and 2mil Astral Diamands for hero of the norths

Zen Market is open, closing or wiping servers is the same as stealing money from peoples

Really? A bad Idea?

Maybe if the game was "Live" it would be. . .

. . .But wipes are still commonplace in Open Beta's. . .
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That people voice their opinion, that people fight against injustice is a problem? Wth is wrong with you?

Heh heh sarcasm...
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Again irrelevant to the argument of AD inflation ... no matter how elitist it is ;)

The best interest of the game is not to wipe away the millions of man hours spent in game by the players after a "no-wipe" promise. In fact that would be the fastest way for the game to fail.

Accumulation of hours does not truely reflect a players time spent playing to determine what they should or shouldnt have access too, again, more smoke screens and wool over the eyes.

No such things as promises on Beta's, anyone who has beta tested before knows this to well first hand. Clasping to that crutch is just asking to be let down.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    That would make sense if this was actually an Open Beta.

I believe Cryptic put the tag "open beta" on this game to leave the door open for a "Unscheduled Wipe."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This will not happen

The Zen just gets reimbursed and we respend it on the same stuff again or different stuff, what does it matter? It doesn't.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No such things as promises on Beta's, anyone who has beta tested before knows this to well first hand. Clasping to that crutch is just asking to be let down.

And anyone who's paid any attention to f2p MMOs in the past few years, knows that "open beta" is just launch with the smokescreen of "yeah, there may be bugs, deal with it."
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not here to change your mind, I honestly couldn't give a **** about your point of view at all tbh.

You pov has no change or bearing on the issue that is still being exploited right now. 50m+ AD? Sure, coming right up.

The fact is, unless they implement some kind of massive AD sink to remove the AD that has been injected into the game, it completely null and voids the reason for that currency and in return destroys PW's revenue from Zen. Not sure how any of you are not getting this, thick headed maybe?

Even if they implemented some kind of AD sink to remove it, then what? People like yourself would come here whining and complaining that those who exploited are being catered to while the poor get poorer........its a never ending vicous circle.

How do you come to the conclusion that AD has been injected into the game? The only way that happens is when somebody purchases a founders pack, completes dailies, leadership, and invocation.

The Foundry and Quest exploits only allowed for powerlevelling, and item farming.

If PWE thought for a moment that there was too much of an influx of ADs, they wouldn't have allowed the 2x AD bonus we just had.
  • Options
    crazydavey804crazydavey804 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stadulator wrote: »
    Welcome to the beta that's not a beta! OPEN BETA! no wipes for joo.

And honestly, this game is RIDICULOUSLY easy to level. In less than two weeks of casual play I'm lvl 43. Over halfway done with the "progression" I can't imagine why people would "cheat" to level faster than that.. seeing as how there's zero end game content.

Another SWtOR for the record books folks. Move along, nothing to see.

I was just joking with my buddies the other day how people will pick this game up for about 2 weeks and then never play it again.
    Truly unfortunate, but stadulator is more than likely correct that this game will go the route of SWTOR.

Oh and one more thing. Where the fuguck is the Gauntlgrym PVP and dungeons? How is it that cryptic puts the quests for this zone in the game and yet no one can access it? <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Accumulation of hours does not truely reflect a players time spent playing to determine what they should or shouldnt have access too, again, more smoke screens and wool over the eyes.

When your whole marketing campaign for those founders packs revolved around the no character wipe, then you better live up to itm or you would be falsely advertising your product. This would mean PW would have to give refunds and thats the last thing they want.

Keep preaching though.

I could link numerous articles supporting the "no wipe" campaign, but I don't feel like wasting my time.

But ill just link this twitter link as I susbscribe to NWO twitter:
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/319859975491055616
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How do you come to the conclusion that AD has been injected into the game? The only way that happens is when somebody purchases a founders pack, completes dailies, leadership, and invocation.

The Foundry and Quest exploits only allowed for powerlevelling, and item farming.

If PWE thought for a moment that there was too much of an influx of ADs, they wouldn't have allowed the 2x AD bonus we just had.

So many Hero's spent their AD on stupid things it's ridiculous. Lvl 30 blue for 300k .... no problem
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The Zen just gets reimbursed and we respend it on the same stuff again or different stuff, what does it matter? It doesn't.

Tell that to the players that got what they wanted from their lockboxes in a few tries... Who would then now stand a strong chance that it could take upward of 100+ keys to get it back.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

There been a link in this thread and other posts showing how its done, just because you don't know about it doesn't mean you should be ignorant to the fact that it exsists.

The powerleveling issues took days to get noticed, by then the Foundry was flooded with nothing but *FASTEST XP EVER!!!* maps. There is alot of other compounding issues I just can;t be bothered repeating myself over, do some work and look around the forums or go youtube them and reproduce them ingame yourself, what ever floats your boat.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

I think they would have to carry over the very rares from the chests. Would be very cruel otherwise.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tell that to the players that got what they wanted from their lockboxes in a few tries... Who would then now stand a strong chance that it could take upward of 100+ keys to get it back.

Open beta.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhazes1 wrote: »
    If Cryptic does a wipe they would get hit with a class action suit so fast. They would also lose a ton of money in charge backs.

I would have to have all my rare pets and mounts, everything in my crafting tabs, all my rare and very rare enchants and a full refund of all zen spent just to be satisfied with a wipe.
    N they wouldn't. so long as they gave the players back all the Zen they paid for and any premium time used. You would be reduced to what you started the game with plus any Zen purchased since. Then there is nothing you can sue for.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013

I bought 110 keys and never got my mount. I ended up using the ad from the idols to buy the mount.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So many Hero's spent their AD on stupid things it's ridiculous. Lvl 30 blue for 300k .... no problem

OR it could be that I am just sick and tired of watching each and every game that comes out these days be ruined by people the likes of yourself who ethier are trying to protect the abuse of said exploits OR just care about thier own little bubble.

For your information, I spent half my AD on guild slots for my Guilds Bank, what did you spend your AD on?
  • Options
    jnc87jnc87 Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2013
    The only way that happens is when somebody purchases a founders pack, completes dailies, leadership, and invocation.

That's also highly exploitable, you can bet there are hundreds of botters just doing invocation, easy and fast AD. Just make as many accounts as you want, level two characters on each account to level 11 and make a script that logs in on each account/characters for an easy and fast AD profit. Let's say you make 60 accounts, that's 120 characters therefor 120 invocations per hour (once every 30 seconds), run it 24/7 and voila! Profit.

See? You might spend 1h completing a daily to inject 8k AD to the server and someone else injects 100k+ by exploiting.
This discussion has been closed.