test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ill tell you right now, if they did a char wipe at this stage. I would quit this game and never return. I did not cheat my way through this game nor did I exploit it in any way. I bought a Hero of the North founders pack. if that's exploiting the game. then you yourself need to quit. I waiting until level 60 before I spent one diamond. A wipe at this point would cause a mass exodus. Its just not going to happen.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I skimmed the first 13 pages of blather; I don't feel like skimming the rest. So, I'll just say this.

In 3-4 days of playing, I haven't yet spent any $$$ on this game. If there is no character wipe, the chances of my spending at least some money increase considerably.

If my characters were to be wiped because someone else exploited either leveling or AD farming, I wouldn't start over & the chances of my spending any money in the future would drop to 0.

I'm not sure how much more simply to put that, & I've a feeling PW sees it that way, too.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    Ill tell you right now, if they did a char wipe at this stage. I would quit this game and never return. I did not cheat my way through this game nor did I exploit it in any way. I bought a Hero of the North founders pack. if that's exploiting the game. then you yourself need to quit. I waiting until level 60 before I spent one diamond. A wipe at this point would cause a mass exodus. Its just not going to happen.

Just curious, do a /played in game for me and let us know what time you have spent please.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Now do everyone a favour and read the entire 18 pages, otherwise, don't post.

Pay special attention to the link in this page. Then you might vaguely grasp what the real issue is, power leveling from exploits was only a fraction of the reasoning behind the request for wiping characters.

Punishing the member base for the actions of a small portion of individuals is crazy talk.

Should we punish you when a thief steals from your local convenience store? Do we say ... sorry the thief had access to free squishies so we will need to take away all your squishies because it would not be fair that the thief got it.

Preposterous. Like your argument!!!

P.S. I would rather stick a fork in my eye than read 18 pages of you whining.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    I skimmed the first 13 pages of blather; I don't feel like skimming the rest. So, I'll just say this.

In 3-4 days of playing, I haven't yet spent any $$$ on this game. If there is no character wipe, the chances of my spending at least some money increase considerably.

If my characters were to be wiped because someone else exploited either leveling or AD farming, I wouldn't start over & the chances of my spending any money in the future would drop to 0.

I'm not sure how much more simply to put that, & I've a feeling PW sees it that way, too.

Do a /played in game please and report your findings.
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of AD via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game."

And so many of us have been enjoying the game, spent a few real world $$'s and plodded along innocently

Your solution is broken. Please find another one
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do a /played in game please and report your findings.

Quick pro tip: how much time I've spent is irrelevant to the principle.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    I can guarantee I have spent more money than the Heroes of the North have in another game. In fact I did just that at the beginning of April. I dropped $320 in one weekend. On a game I was spending $15 a weeks for months. If they wiped the slate, so long as I got back all my game currency purchased, I would be fine, and I have 7 months invested. Two weeks isn't anything to what I spent/invested already somewhere else.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Punishing the member base for the actions of a small portion of individuals is crazy talk.

Should we punish you when a robber steals from your local convenience store? Do we say ... sorry the robber had access to free squishies so we will need to take away all your squishies because it would not be fair.

Open Beta = Anything can change with no notice, read thier EULA.

There is no punishment if they see fit to do whats best for the game and if you do some research around the forums, I am not the only one who supports it.

I've paid quite a considerable amount of money for this product, 280 dollars to be exact, would I quit if they wiped characters? No I wouldn't, I would re-make my character and go again. Why? Because the game is pretty good, hence why I paid that coin in the first place.

In regards to the AD farming, let me suggest this.

Seeing as that cap on AD to Zen ratio is capped at 500:1, lets adjust that seeing the AD farming exploit is still going strong to 2000:1 or maybe even 5000:1.

I think this should be suffcient.
  • Options
    mistermeatmistermeat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Players Cheating in this game will have nothing to do with End Game at all.(if so it will make it better, with Prices down for you to Gear even faster)

Yes, The Economy is Screwed, we all get that. But i Dont think that Perfect World Should go to Exstream Lvls of Character whiping Every account. I played through the content(about 4 hours per day, for 1 week) and lvled to 60(and had fun doing so) but if the Character whipe happens.... that wont Solve anything.... that will make players pissed off and Not want to come back(u will lose more money doing so). So they will have to come to a understanding that they will have to find another way around the situation
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Quick pro tip: how much time I've spent is irrelevant to the principle.

So what your saying is that your measely, miniscule amount of time you have spent which I doubt is anywhere near 4 days in total of time spent playing is worth more then the overall longevity of the games community and also is worth more then the 5-6 years this game was in development where Devs who you know, care and take alot of pride in thier accomplishment to allow us to play thier world is worth ruining, for what?

Seriously, peoples sense of time vs reward today never ceases to amaze me, not to mention you are playing beta, they could wipe the servers right now and not even tell you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So what your saying is

What I'm saying is that if I get punished for other people exploiting, I'd wave a middle finger at PW & never look back.

I'm really not sure why I've needed to explain this to you. Did you SERIOUSLY not make that inference from my FIRST post?

Nothing more for me to say on this topic.
    Fare you well
    Nothing to tell
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I vote a full game wipe.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I couldn't care less what the EULA says. Cryptic themselves have specifically said NO WIPE for open beta. I've seen that in many different interviews. Going back on that would do a lot more damage than whatever you perceive to be the big problem.
    I've paid quite a considerable amount of money for this product, 280 dollars to be exact, would I quit if they wiped characters? No I wouldn't, I would re-make my character and go again. Why? Because the game is pretty good, hence why I paid that coin in the first place.

Not sure how money spent equates to anything. I've actually spent more than you and I'd need a pretty good reason to invest many hours (and luck) to get back to where I currently am. My vote is still no and nothing you've said has come close to changing my mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mistermeat wrote: »
    Players Cheating in this game will have nothing to do with End Game at all.(if so it will make it better, with Prices down for you to Gear even faster)

Yes, The Economy is Screwed, we all get that. But i Dont think that Perfect World Should go to Exstream Lvls of Character whiping Every account. I played through the content(about 4 hours per day, for 1 week) and lvled to 60(and had fun doing so) but if the Character whipe happens.... that wont Solve anything.... that will make players pissed off and Not want to come back(u will lose more money doing so). So they will have to come to a understanding that they will have to find another way around the situation

Well I hope they do, truely.

At this rate, by the end of next month, the only people left playing will be the people who are still deciding wether to buy a Starters or Guardian pack, and by then there won't be no need as they will have done everything the game has to offer anyways.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually PW specifically stated there will be no character wipes when open beta was announced. Going back on this would ensure that a majority of the member base will not return as mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Lastly, as far as market forces are concerned, the economy will be inflated ... so what? The prices of the player driven economy will be higher. Who cares if that sword costs a trillion AD. This will make people play the game rather than buy their gear. An inflated economy is easily compensated by *gasp* adding more money ... remember when 100G was actually a lot of money in WOW. Inflation is natural and normal.

The same people buying zen will still be buying zen and will still be trading them for AD. Again so what? More money for PW who use the money to develop the game.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well I hope they do, truely.

At this rate, by the end of next month, the only people left playing will be the people who are still deciding wether to buy a Starters or Guardian pack, and by then there won't be no need as they will have done everything the game has to offer anyways.

BoE gear and Zen-> AD really work together to shorten the game. There is so much profit to be made by selling stuff for AD that the supply increased and price plummeted. 1 double AD daily can by 2-3 epics depending on class/slot. It makes me laugh when I see vendors selling blues for 2 million AD :D

My /played currently reads 3d17hr and my gearscore is tiny bit over 12k. I have spent no money on the game at all.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I couldn't care less what the EULA says. Cryptic themselves have specifically said NO WIPE for open beta. I've seen that in many different interviews. Going back on that would do a lot more damage than whatever you perceive to be the big problem.

Not sure how money spent equates to anything. I've actually spent more than you and I'd need a pretty good reason to invest many hours (and luck) to get back to where I currently am. My vote is still no and nothing you've said has come close to changing my mind.

Not here to change your mind, I honestly couldn't give a **** about your point of view at all tbh.

You pov has no change or bearing on the issue that is still being exploited right now. 50m+ AD? Sure, coming right up.

The fact is, unless they implement some kind of massive AD sink to remove the AD that has been injected into the game, it completely null and voids the reason for that currency and in return destroys PW's revenue from Zen. Not sure how any of you are not getting this, thick headed maybe?

Even if they implemented some kind of AD sink to remove it, then what? People like yourself would come here whining and complaining that those who exploited are being catered to while the poor get poorer........its a never ending vicous circle.
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    See, there you go back to antagonism.
    Just so folks will understand. When I use a :cool: or :p or ;) It is indicating I am joking, ribbing or generally not being serious or attempting to be offensive. So if my last post was interpreted as antagonizing, that was not my intent. As it is how I interpreted your using the ;). To me that implies a friendly barb an not an insult.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Actually PW specifically stated there will be no character wipes when open beta was announced. Going back on this would ensure that a majority of the member base will not return as mentioned multiple times in this thread.

Lastly, as far as market forces are concerned, the economy will be inflated ... so what? The prices of the player driven economy will be higher. Who cares if that sword costs a trillion AD. This will make people play the game rather than buy their gear. An inflated economy is easily compensated by *gasp* adding more money ... remember when 100G was actually a lot of money in WOW. Inflation is natural and normal.

The same people buying zen will still be buying zen and will still be trading them for AD. Again so what? More money for PW who use the money to develop the game.

If you lose a player who spent no money what did you lose?

If you retain a player who got reimbursed all thier Zen and then stayed and played on, what did you keep?

These are the questions that people need to start asking themselves.

One sceanrio you lose a potential customer who *might* spend something versus keeping someone you already know spends money but might lose them due to the state the game is currently in.

Facts are and have been like this for years of F2P gaming, there is more people who mooch off a F2P game then there is who pay to play it via the cash shop system. Nothing here has changed and most of the people here voicing thier concern of a Character wipe are more then likely, F2P players.

They should lock these forums up for use by people who have ethier bought a copy of the game OR purchased Zen, period.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not here to change your mind, I honestly couldn't give a **** about your point of view at all tbh.

Same goes for your point of view. But go on keep insulting people who disagree with you and calling them names. That sure gets the point across even quicker that you have some hidden agenda in regards to your constant crying.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    Just so folks will understand. When I use a :cool: or :p or ;) It is indicating I am joking, ribbing or generally not being serious or attempting to be offensive. So if my last post was interpreted as antagonizing, that was not my intent. As it is how I interpreted your using the ;). To me that implies a friendly barb an not an insult.

Understood! Sorry!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you lose a player who spent no money what did you lose?

If you retain a player who got reimbursed all thier Zen and then stayed and played on, what did you keep?

These are the questions that people need to start asking themselves.

One sceanrio you lose a potential customer who *might* spend something versus keeping someone you already know spends money but might lose them due to the state the game is currently in.

Facts are and have been like this for years of F2P gaming, there is more people who mooch off a F2P game then there is who pay to play it via the cash shop system. Nothing here has changed and most of the people here voicing thier concern of a Character wipe are more then likely, F2P players.

They should lock these forums up for use by people who have ethier bought a copy of the game OR purchased Zen, period.

How is this even relevant to your argument about AD inflation. You're not answering your own thread properly but are now coming back with the:

"I spent $200 on this game, so my opinion should be the only one that's valid ... neener neener"

yeah good luck with that. Good or bad ideas are independent of how much money you spent. Thinking otherwise is elitism.
  • Options
    rhazes1rhazes1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    If Cryptic does a wipe they would get hit with a class action suit so fast. They would also lose a ton of money in charge backs.

I would have to have all my rare pets and mounts, everything in my crafting tabs, all my rare and very rare enchants and a full refund of all zen spent just to be satisfied with a wipe.
    I spend all day reading every thread and letting people know this is BETA.
  • Options
    sean99999sean99999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agree. The game needs a wipe. I am starting to be very wary of the Perfect World brand.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a forum wipe would do much more good I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    a forum wipe would do much more good I think.

This needs to be stickied
  • Options
    gamerzaeongamerzaeon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imho Cryptic should've ran another CB non-weekend and then pulled an ArenaNet where you Purchase2Play as in you buy the box game or digital download and can play with Cash Shop that way
    Tends to remove alot of Nitwits
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    This needs to be stickied

Why games have forums at all I have no idea, all they do is allow unhappy people to speak in a relatively public fashion. Definitely the biggest problem in gaming.
This discussion has been closed.