test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    oh, well invocation starts at level 11, its a quest from SGT knox. . .
    Oh... I guess I should go back and play that one.:rolleyes:

Thanks man!
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably that organ between your ears.

Protip: Because I like Barcelona FB club, does not mean i play football.

Lol like that one...be careful the guy is trying to put words in peoples mouths and you can bet he will be telling mods etc...No one likes a grass.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »

Thanks man!

your welcome. . .

. . .( at least something good came out of this thread. )
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?236341-So-now-that-people-are-clearing-Castle-Never-with-ease

More exploits pooping out daily now it seems, yet I am sure someone will find a flaw here too.

I guess we should all accept that all these exploits is simply how the game is designed, so by the time the game is ready to be released and all the free to play players who have seen it all and done it all, may as well close down the servers?

Anyways, it would seem this entire concept of bringing the servers back down to a level playing feild for everyone once the issues have been ironed out with open beta is simply bigger then Ben Hur and we must just simply not look in our peripheral vision at them.

Anyone got a set of horse blinkers I can burrow please?
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks man!

Once you do that quest .... you can stand in a healing circle, hit ALT, run your mouse up to the sun-looking circle in the upper right corner, & left-click that ... /profit.

Then, when you have portable altars, you can use them to give yourself a glowy circle in which you can invocate for more profit.

:)
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    I guess we should all accept that all these exploits

I guess we should leave it to PW to decide what is & isn't an exploit.

/outtahere
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?236341-So-now-that-people-are-clearing-Castle-Never-with-ease

More exploits pooping out daily now it seems, yet I am sure someone will find a flaw here too.

I guess we should all accept that all these exploits is simply how the game is designed, so by the time the game is ready to be released and all the free to play players who have seen it all and done it all, may as well close down the servers?

Anyways, it would seem this entire concept of bringing the servers back down to a level playing feild for everyone once the issues have been ironed out with open beta is simply bigger then Ben Hur and we must just simply not look in our peripheral vision at them.

Misconception #1: Level playing field. I didn't buy my pack until after the Beta had been going a few days, since I don't pay for packs sight unseen. I played 2 closed betas in Aion before I bought their equivalent of the Hero's pack, for 75 bucks. However, buying either pack before the scheduled release got you what, a 5 day headstart on the F2P, didn't buy the pack guys? Where is that a level playing field?

In fact, the problem with your scenario is simpler than it's made out to be: You paid for a 5 day headstart, right? So now, you're going to want that again, since you paid for it? So all the people that are F2P can just blow off the game for 5 days while you tip the scales on your "level playing field"?

Here's the thing, the bonuses you get with your Founder's Pack are listed on the page. Claiming elitist ownership of the forums is not included. Having your opinion carry more weight is also not included. Claiming that people posting on P2P servers are superior to people that don't pay, and so can't post is childish at best since, if I'm not registered to a game with a sub, I don't really need to be on their forums anyway. I realize that it makes you feel special, but all it means is you're paying a sub just like everyone else. I'll also point out that having people that don't pay for a Founder's Pack won't cut down on the QQ threads. Case in point, this one. Do you want me to provide a link to it so that you can see the OP is indeed a Hero of the North?*

*Yes, I'm aware I'm quoting the OP, sarcasm is great, isn't it?
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That would punish people like me, who has legitimately leveled, worked the auction house to a profitable margin and leveled up her professions. How would that be fair?
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • dantosdantos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    daschla wrote: »
    That would punish people like me, who has legitimately leveled, worked the auction house to a profitable margin and leveled up her professions. How would that be fair?

OP would say, open beta is open beta, you shouldnt have believed perfect world/cryptic when they said there would be no wipe
    edited May 2013
    dantos wrote: »
    OP would say, open beta is open beta, you shouldnt have believed perfect world/cryptic when they said there would be no wipe

Based on my reading, we, as Guardians, wouldn't even be allowed an opinion anyway. You know, once you get rid of the F2P people on the forums, the next logical step is to get rid of the people that didn't pay as much as you did.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Nobody is condoning the use of exploits (unless I missed somewhere in this thread somebody promoting them). And nobody is claiming exploiting doesn't happen. Everybody agrees that exploits should be removed.

But your thread is centered around justifying a character wipe as a result. You have yet to provide any evidence that a wipe is even warranted. The economy hasn't been destroyed, or even noticeably affected, by exploits. Somebody else leveling faster than you and getting gear faster is not a reason for a wipe. Your characters are in no position, or no way different, than they would be had the exploits never happened. There's no field that needs to be leveled. The exploits have not resulted in other characters being able to negatively detract from your gaming experience. And even if they had... the correct fix would be to remove the offending characters from the game. Wiping everybody else's toons would serve no positive purpose.
    edited May 2013
    Its a week work of gaming, maybe two. That is not a lot to lose. Lose 4 months of play then talk to me.
  • timm4444timm4444 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 363
    edited May 2013
    Its a week work of gaming, maybe two. That is not a lot to lose. Lose 4 months of play then talk to me.

Dude, some of us have acquired $100's of dollars in Zen in the gold rush that was Head Start and launch. . .to see it all taken away because of others that try to get the same fortune but by cheating would be disheartening to say the least. . .
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Nobody is condoning the use of exploits (unless I missed somewhere in this thread somebody promoting them). And nobody is claiming exploiting doesn't happen. Everybody agrees that exploits should be removed.

But your thread is centered around justifying a character wipe as a result. You have yet to provide any evidence that a wipe is even warranted. The economy hasn't been destroyed, or even noticeably affected, by exploits. Somebody else leveling faster than you and getting gear faster is not a reason for a wipe. Your characters are in no position, or no way different, than they would be had the exploits never happened. There's no field that needs to be leveled. The exploits have not resulted in other characters being able to negatively detract from your gaming experience. And even if they had... the correct fix would be to remove the offending characters from the game. Wiping everybody else's toons would serve no positive purpose.

PWE has a pretty bad track record for fixing exploits in NW so far.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote:
    No. I have played only a few hours. I have a alter but no ieda what it is for where to use it or why! Gotta link I could read? It would be appreciated.
    Its more than a week or two. You will be quick to realize it once you get used to the game. Leveling professions without using all your AD takes time. I've been working on mine since Early start and I'm not level 20 yet with it. Some people are but that was often done with AD usage. (Early on of course, not, people are catching up)

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
    edited May 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

game has been in open beta state for less than 2 weeks. . .

pretty long track record they got there. . .
    edited May 2013

I wouldn't even lose that, really. But, why should I lose anything based on what someone else did? The better solution is to go after the people responsible, instead of just saying "Don't do it again, or we'll be forced to allow you to continue to play while wiping the entire game to a clean slate to clean it up". I realize, in the Time Out era, that people aren't responsible for their actions, but that's not the way I was raised. You don't arrest the owner of the car when they get hijacked, you arrest the hijacker.
  • denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

That could indeed be very true (I wouldn't know as this is my first PWE game). But that just strengthens the argument not to do a character wipe. Otherwise a wipe would be warranted every month or so.
    edited May 2013
    game has been in open beta state for less than 2 weeks. . .

pretty long track record they got there. . .

Who said anything about long? Remember that quest they patched in Icespire? They fixed 1 repeatable quest and left half a dozen others in game to exploit. Applying bandaids instead of fixing underlying mechanics? Awful.
    edited May 2013
    That could indeed be very true (I wouldn't know as this is my first PWE game). But that just strengthens the argument not to do a character wipe. Otherwise a wipe would be warranted every month or so.

I can't speak to a character wipe. I didn't spend anything on the game so my perspective is incompatible with those crazy people who dropped hundreds of dollars.
  • leesinuk86leesinuk86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I'm sure you meant to write "It's a week or two worth of gaming, if you have no life and can play the game all day everyday".
    edited May 2013
    Dude, some of us have acquired $100's of dollars in Zen in the gold rush that was Head Start and launch. . .to see it all taken away because of others that try to get the same fortune but by cheating would be disheartening to say the least. . .
    You should get the purchased Zen back as well as other founder pack purchases. We went through 5 wipes in closed Beta for MWO and at the start of the next CB cycle I had all the MC I purchased and my Founder's Mech. I have over $1000 close to $1500 invested there. If they wiped us and gave me back all my MC, I would have nothing to complain about.
    edited May 2013
    Who said anything about long? Remember that quest they patched in Icespire? They fixed 1 repeatable quest and left half a dozen others in game to exploit. Applying bandaids instead of fixing underlying mechanics? Awful.

Might take longer than 2 weeks to radically change a games underlining Mechanics maybe? Hence the "baid-aid" quick fixes???
  • bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wipe my progress at hard launch, reset my account and any zen I have purchased and founders benefits.

That said, there will not be a wipe.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
    edited May 2013

True. But then too... A week worth of gaming is much less of a chore than a week work of grinding content you've already done.
    edited May 2013
    You should get the purchased Zen back as well as other founder pack purchases. We went through 5 wipes in closed Beta for MWO and at the start of the next CB cycle I had all the MC I purchased and my Founder's Mech. I have over $1000 close to $1500 invested there. If they wiped us and gave me back all my MC, I would have nothing to complain about.

BUT, its possible that the profits gained already would be much harder to obtain the 2nd time around as more people are savvy to playing the AH and what constitutes a fair price for things. . .

( and I love MWO :D )
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They're talking about the zen profit they made by working the market in the first week or two "gold rush" phase, when most people didn't understand what direction prices/exchange rates/etc were going. Sure, there'd still be some of that if they did a wipe/restart, but not nearly as much.

(note: I'm not saying I'm a fan of that, just that it happened. /shrug)
    edited May 2013
    leesinuk86 wrote: »
    I'm sure you meant to write "It's a week or two worth of gaming, if you have no life and can play the game all day everyday".
    Is that what you did to be 60th? I've played about 20 hours and I am around 13th level. that is playing ... 5 times for a few hours and one 6 hour stretch Saturday. I am way ahead f where I should be or a game that is supposed to be full of content. In 20 hours I am half the levels of the greatest heroes in the canon story line! In fact I am greater than Wolfgar and equal to Brunor! And they have been adventuring (ie written about) for 20+ years. Another 20 hours and I should be equal to Drzz't! 40 hours and I am equal to the most famous character in the Realms! No sir.
    edited May 2013
    BUT, its possible that the profits gained already would be much harder to obtain the 2nd time around as more people are savvy to playing the AH and what constitutes a fair price for things. . .

( and I love MWO :D )
    As it should be Timm.
    edited May 2013
    Might take longer than 2 weeks to radically change a games underlining Mechanics maybe? Hence the "baid-aid" quick fixes???

You keep adding words to this that I'm not using. Radical? Exp is already halved on repeat. How about they change the .5 to .1 or even 0?
    Why wasn't the Lair of the Pirate King turned off til the exploit could be patched? There were 4 pages of Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitars on the ah the last time I looked.
    How about hotfixing the billion damage set bonus exploits?

None of this is particularly radical.

Even just turning off or disabling certain dungeons or quests in a timely manner would have done great things for the state of the game.
This discussion has been closed.