test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited May 2013
    LOL server got fulled again.
    9877 queue on line take like 1 hour then.BTW server has miantenance in 2hours right?
  • Options
    maevar1maevar1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'm pretty pissed about the queue times. I payed money to get in to play the beta and I'm sitting in a queue of 12000. That is BS!!!!!

It is beyond me why every single launch to a game, players have to deal with issues like this to get into a game. This should be the first priority for developers to get right the first time with no exceptions. The gameplay comes after this is 100% ironed out. What good is a good game, if you can't even get in to play it. Then to have payed money on top of that to not be able to get in is unacceptable in my opinion.

Then I check my queue number again, and I'm at 198,000 WTF!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    evilklownevilklown Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, what am I to do for the next 4 hours?!
  • Options
    demptdddemptdd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    shower,eat,mk. love,movie..check que again..repeat previous steps..
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with mcfae (and possebob now too). I'm really laughing out loud. This is a game people. A free to play game. Yes, many paid money for the packs, but that was a conscious choice to pay money for Beta access with some cool bobbles. There is a hurdle or 10 to overcome right now for Cryptic/PWE, but they are communicating with people so nobody is surprised when servers come down.
    So I feel bad that people are crying so loudly for this reason or that, but fact is, they are telling you the server(s) are coming down for maintenance. Why are people crying about THAT?
    Free to play. This game didn't exist a few days ago. What were you doing with your time last week when you couldn't log in?
    Go read (or re-read) the Neverwinter novels.
    It's almost as if these forums just burst into flames with trolls crawling out of every little hole. It's a game, and I seriously doubt Cryptic is doing any of this to intentionally aggravate people, since if you can't get in, you can't spend money. And since they are a business, they need money to sustain themselves. So sit back and relax... maybe ease up on the caffeinated drinks some too.
    Before you know it thing will smooth out and Neverwinter will be full of adventurers tripping over one another and lining up at dungeon entrances to get in. Haha!

Less Caffeine!
  • Options
    frozentothecorefrozentothecore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL 4 hour maintenance. Great start so far PW!
  • Options
    gmajorplayzgmajorplayz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maevar1 wrote: »

Its bugged dude as stated in many posts. I don't completely agree with everything as the queues are expected, but only the hero pack gets priority access which I don't think is right.
  • Options
    paddy3208paddy3208 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hope this ridiculous queue finish after maintaince. been waiting 20 min 1st time now trying to log in 2nd time ,already 30 min in queue and still on 7k+ position so probably give up coz maintaince starts in 1hr time.
  • Options
    grozethgrozeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bah... even though I'm guardian pack owner I don't mind sitting at que... I mean... they clearly said what you would get with each pack and prio to que was not part of it for Guardian pack buyers.... Sure it would have been nice way to reward ppl who pay that 60$ though : )
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What good is a good game, if you can't even get in to play it. Then to have payed money on top of that to not be able to get in is unacceptable in my opinion.!

What good is a game that you can get logged into that isn't polished? And I'm sorry you paid money for early access to a BETA. But funny, I paid a monthly fee for DDO and WoW at launch and had similar problems... oh wait, EQ also... and DAoC. Hmmm....

I'm waiting patiently so I can get in and find bugs and things that unbalance the game! Ooh, I can't wait to be so upset at them about it too.
  • Options
    arthour1arthour1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I so agree with you Aescleal. I don't think people understand what a Beta Test means. I means that they are tying to locate all of the bugs... therefore the servers will be up and down until the bugs are fixed. That is you job as a beta tester. Find things that are broken, so that when the game goes live there will be much less flaws. So please remember... if you find a bug like we did last night... PLEASE report the error.
  • Options
    lejenawasmoczemlejenawasmoczem Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys! i'm very satisfied with the game. i managed to reach level 123504!!! but its strange, they call them queue position? first game i've seen to call "levels" a queue position. well no time to lose, i think i can get queue position 150000 today! such a fun way to experience forgotten realms world!
  • Options
    daas66daas66 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    desaanuk wrote: »
    Why do maintenance that pushes into EU prime time? You expect people to queue for most of the evening after the servers 'maybe' come back up by 8pm GMT?

Good luck with that.

Because the hardware in the western US. Are you so new to MMO's that you're shocked that American based and run mmo's have maintenance times that are less impactful to the playerbase in its home country?

Same stupid argument in every single mmo to come down the pipe.
    Daas - Half-elven Trickster Rogue
    Order of the Silver Dragons - Dragon Shard
  • Options
    demptdddemptdd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    lol..i have lvl 182698..so you have to work hard to be there
  • Options
    nethraneonethraneo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I'm pretty pissed about the queue times. I payed money to get in to play the beta and I'm sitting in a queue of 12000. That is BS!!!!!

It is beyond me why every single launch to a game, players have to deal with issues like this to get into a game. This should be the first priority for developers to get right the first time with no exceptions. The gameplay comes after this is 100% ironed out. What good is a good game, if you can't even get in to play it. Then to have payed money on top of that to not be able to get in is unacceptable in my opinion.

hmmm you do relize that it is NOT a launch? that it is an OPEN Beta for all? the game is not launched yet as a fully game. i am amazed how many peeps complain about the "bad launch day" when it isnt a launch. this open beta is for really testing how they will manage to deal with all, they work there *** off to help us. so stop youre biggering whining and just deal with it as the rest.

Peace!
  • Options
    hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    We can all cover behind the word beta right? but we all know that this is the actual release.
    TBH it was going smoothly (except the ****y launcher) till 3 hours later that hell broke loose..

Insane lag (1000-1500 ping) to the point that the game was unplayable ..

I only played in BWE 3 and i have to say that the game is like 50% better now, it feels more solid.

Other than that i managed to reach lvl 7 and i had to log out due to extreme ping. I hate the fact that they chose to patch during EU prime time
    I only have my 3 hours of smooth gameplay to remember....
  • Options
    nethraneonethraneo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hexagar wrote: »
    We can all cover behind the word beta right? but we all know that this is the actual release.
    TBH it was going smoothly (except the ****y launcher) till 3 hours later that hell broke loose..

Insane lag (1000-1500 ping) to the point that the game was unplayable ..

I only played in BWE 3 and i have to say that the game is like 50% better now, it feels more solid.

Other than that i managed to reach lvl 7 and i had to log out due to extreme ping. I hate the fact that they chose to patch during EU prime time
    I only have my 3 hours of smooth gameplay to remember....

yeah i can understand that its not good for the EU prime time, but they base in USA so they start the mantance for them at 7 in morning. dont think that alot of devs for other games in same line would do same, well most of em :P hehe
  • Options
    arkamjfarkamjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nice
    sooooooooooo nice
  • Options
    m3gas3v3nm3gas3v3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aescleal wrote: »
    What good is a game that you can get logged into that isn't polished? And I'm sorry you paid money for early access to a BETA. But funny, I paid a monthly fee for DDO and WoW at launch and had similar problems... oh wait, EQ also... and DAoC. Hmmm....

I'm waiting patiently so I can get in and find bugs and things that unbalance the game! Ooh, I can't wait to be so upset at them about it too.

This.

EVERY game release has the same problems. They just underestimated the size of the player base.
    This might seem bad but for the devs this is actually a great thing.

I'd rather plan small so the costs to PW do not overcome this free-to-play game.
  • Options
    botmaster55botmaster55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant wait! i wonder if the $60 pack gets you to the front of the queue as well
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    daas66 wrote: »
    Because the hardware in the western US. Are you so new to MMO's that you're shocked that American based and run mmo's have maintenance times that are less impactful to the playerbase in its home country?

Same stupid argument in every single mmo to come down the pipe.

Not a stupid argument at all.
    Global MMOs should cater for globally friendly maintenance. This is launch and beta so it is to be expected that urgent ad hoc maintenance is carried out. Once the game settles regular maintenance should be planned to avoid always hitting the same user population all the time. Many small IT companies manage to do this, so it is not unreasonable to think that major MMO ones can too.
  • Options
    akyrasraygakyrasrayg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im glad that there is always being work done to keep the improvement going.. from having played closed beta the game looks well polished (look wise) and im excited for the more to come :p ... i dont mind the wait times!! would deff prefer a queue countdown timer rather than place in line .. lol .. but i just go do something else while i wait patiently ^_^ hope the maintenence today goes well so i can hop back in and game to my hearts content :D
    *Raises her eyebrow and stares at you as you read her signature*
    You don't just Rush through a dungeon!! You enjoy the complexities brought to it and transport yourself there.
  • Options
    cyberdarkgirl13cyberdarkgirl13 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It remains just a little bit and you can play again
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all this is baloney.
    What happened to the 'stress test' and 'crash the server' data go during the beta weekends?

Going to be a hard climb back up after this.
  • Options
    trionustrionus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I find it amusing that people in the EU complain about the downtime and scheduled maintenance being during eu peak time... from what I have read the downtime is to reduce queues and make the game a smoother play.. from my perspective as a eu player, I don't care when the maintenance is, ANY maintenance and bug fix downtimes, just make the game better for one and all. As far as I am concerned there is nothing to complain about.. the game is not going anywhere and what I don't do today, I can do tomorrow...
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what time is this for Australia??
  • Options
    igodmanigodman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is wrong with this game .... there can be more characters with same name???
  • Options
    hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    nethraneo wrote: »
    yeah i can understand that its not good for the EU prime time, but they base in USA so they start the mantance for them at 7 in morning. dont think that alot of devs for other games in same line would do same, well most of em :P hehe

Well... U don't have to defend them m8, we know that patching in prime time is a bad tactic. We r in 2013 and there are ways to avoid
    patching in a pick time.. If we keep tolerating with **** like this then we are to be ignored and treated as a second class customer.
  • Options
    islandstormislandstorm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why is a freakin' queue necessary in the first place? Bizarre!!!!!!

Servers are capping.. they dont want to crash them.. is this a serious question or are u just that stupid?

The problem is that I know it's PWE's fault. they are a cheap asian company who u should have never published with.
This discussion has been closed.