test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    shogrothshogroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the whiners and complainers:

Hi, you must be new to MMO launches.
    This is normal. They will fix it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    52051 in the Que REALLY??????????????? Geez And I paid 60 bucks??

Not having to wait in the queue was only an advertised benefit for HoTN packs and not Guardian. Obviously it sucks that a lot of people are stuck in the queue, and will more than likely cost the game some customers, but people need to calm down and give it a day or two.
    VIP Game Access
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)
  • Options
    rmilyardrmilyard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Slowly but surely the que is moving.
  • Options
    kharnagexkharnagex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gregreid wrote: »
    I am afraid that this will get buried but I am going to try anyway...
    Everyone be calm and give them a chance... The fact that I am 7259th in line right now is ok.. Lasts about 20 minutes. Log in and get a sandwich.. You will get in. I want to say "Thank you" for having the queues.. Otherwise, the game play would be horrible...

Having said that... I want to suggest a small change in the process... If you are in game and trying to change characters, unless I am missing something, you end up at the end of the line. Changing characters should reserve your spot in the game for a period of time. OOOPs.. Down to 5700 in the time it took me to type this.

Game looks fantastic. Keep up the good work!

20 minutes....try over an hour yeah I have been at release dates, EQ2, UO, DAoC just to name 3 that i've been in when it launched...and never had this problem, this is about as bad as D3 error bull****. Hell the only reason I didn't buy the Hero pack well cause I am not ****ing richy rich or have my parent's buying me whatever I want all the time, and just 1 month ago dropped 1.5 grand on a custom rig that could prolly run a 10000 person server by itself...thats why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bullsonparade87bullsonparade87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gome64z wrote: »
    i missed work just so i could play...but i can't play now! fkn pathetic!

The only pathetic thing is that you skipped work to play a video game..
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kharnagex wrote: »
    20 minutes....try over an hour yeah I have been at release dates, EQ2, UO, DAoC just to name 3 that i've been in when it launched...and never had this problem, this is about as bad as D3 error bull****. Hell the only reason I didn't buy the Hero pack well cause I am not ****ing richy rich or have my parent's buying me whatever I want all the time, and just 1 month ago dropped 1.5 grand on a custom rig that could prolly run a 10000 person server by itself...thats why.

You are either lying or looking at things with the nostalgia glasses on. This is like pretty much every other MMORPG launch ever
  • Options
    logisitcslogisitcs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    Geforce GTX 660
    8GB Ram
    Poor/crazy framerates during dungeons and skirmishes and sometimes PE, literally unplayable on all graphic settings. I've been having this problem since I started please help me I just want it fixed!
  • Options
    dwarfstaredwarfstare Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The queue is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the server. It is the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite your sincerest efforts you have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoidable, it was not expected, and thus beyond a measure of control. Which has led us, inexorably, here.
    "On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place."
  • Options
    darshal07darshal07 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hey guys can i ask ya all somefin?
    wen i finished downloading the game and clicked on the neverwinter icon it said tat wait patiently for 1 min,updating the server 1st try...so i waited and it went to second try then afterwords it says error could not update server why is tat?
    i downloaded the whole file 3.6 gb put it to my desktop but it couldn't start any solutions to this PLZ....i really wanna play this awsome as game!
  • Options
    stannieestanniee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im a heroes of the north user and i cant even get the client to load without it telling me it received a state of no response while patching. Its been going on for several hours already.
  • Options
    glantorxglantorx Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont get me wrong i am really enjoying this game. I have been playing since BW3 and have gotten 3 other friends to also start playing and also purchased the $60 Founders pack just like me. So in all we have spent 240 bucks on Neverwinter between the four of us. I expect to be able to play my game when i get home from work when i spend that kind of money. There should be NO REASON for a Queue with this big of a GAMER TITLE! Look at how popular MMOs are these days. For example. DDO, GW2, and WoW just to name 3. Servers should have been big/fast enough to handle millions of players EVERYDAY! I definitely hope to see PerfectWorld give the FOUNDERS PACK purchasers some ZEN or Astral Diamonds or something to say sorry for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!! Totally disappointed in the Queue system! I can understand issue with the game itself and needing to be updated/patched or even taken down for several hours to fix other things. The QUEUE thing is what im really upset with. Anyways.... like i said other than this i am loving this game and i really hope that PerfectWorld does something to say sorry for this! Im sure there will be ALOT of people that feel the same.

Totally agree

Ok I PAID for a Guardian pack giving me VIP log-in SO.....Why am I in a frigging Queue 1782 ????????

Think we need something sorted here and some comp if this continues.....
  • Options
    zidane11770077zidane11770077 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darshal07 wrote: »
    hey guys can i ask ya all somefin?
    wen i finished downloading the game and clicked on the neverwinter icon it said tat wait patiently for 1 min,updating the server 1st try...so i waited and it went to second try then afterwords it says error could not update server why is tat?
    i downloaded the whole file 3.6 gb put it to my desktop but it couldn't start any solutions to this PLZ....i really wanna play this awsome as game!

I had same problem, but and all i did to fix it was make internet explorer my default browser and it fixed it.
    Apparently theres lots of things that can cause this, i found a thread about it but i dont have the link sorry
  • Options
    seshmanseshman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will people realize that this is only open beta, not game launch. And as someone mentioned earlier, more or less every MMO ever released has had its errors and downtime's in its first week live. All games have problems when their server loads take on the real world numbers and not just a few testers, get up off their back and get some patience!
  • Options
    snigerknudersnigerknuder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow morning to resolve some issues discovered today. It is expected to last four hours, but could end sooner or later depending on any issues we discover.

Maintenance will begins on May 1, 2013 at:

PDT: 7 AM
    EDT: 10 AM
    GMT: 3 PM

Patch Notes

Thank you again for being patient while we work to improve your Neverwinter experience. We're working diligently to make sure as many players get in game as possible without waiting long in the queue.

Sincerely,
    The Neverwinter Team

Hmm what time is that in CET+1 ??
    Europa
  • Options
    coredmcoredm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand this is a Beta. But, before giving only exorbitant expectations now will not start the game and a window appears with this item: im possible to start the exe file in question.
    Hi All and good Job.
    Tanks.
  • Options
    nekoame2nekoame2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm using the queue time to compliment all the team responsible for this game to be at this stage. You did a great job guys, and I'm sure a lot of ppl would love to give you some compliments. Keep the morale high. This is Beta and things like bugs WILL OCCUR. We hope you guys can find and fix the errors as soon as possible.

thank you and good work :3
  • Options
    aceadoraceador Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for the people who complain this is not even the full release with every major mmo you named i wish the servers were as stable as these when they were in closed/open beta, get over your i paid money complaining, **** happens learn to cope with it.
  • Options
    vlad1113vlad1113 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im now on 124,429 apparently in the Q. jumped from 711 to that point.

Been in a lot of betas for a lot of games, and a lot of MMO betas in that list.

Short suggestion, fix your queue problem if you want an open beta to stress test your systems.

SWTOR lost a lot of patient players over Q problems in the first couple of weeks.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    add some Australian/Oceanic server hosting ffs.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vlad1113 wrote: »
    Im now on 124,429 apparently in the Q. jumped from 711 to that point.

Been in a lot of betas for a lot of games, and a lot of MMO betas in that list.

Short suggestion, fix your queue problem if you want an open beta to stress test your systems.

SWTOR lost a lot of patient players over Q problems in the first couple of weeks.

Stress tests were held during closed beta weekends and I can see how well the data/feedback was implemented now.
  • Options
    nieczitujenieczituje Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still maintenance?
  • Options
    haldebaran85haldebaran85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seshman wrote: »
    When will people realize that this is only open beta, not game launch. And as someone mentioned earlier, more or less every MMO ever released has had its errors and downtime's in its first week live. All games have problems when their server loads take on the real world numbers and not just a few testers, get up off their back and get some patience!

That's why they should had do some massive stress test instead of closed weekends which are good only at rise the hype
  • Options
    warhound777warhound777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont get me wrong i am really enjoying this game. I have been playing since BW3 and have gotten 3 other friends to also start playing and also purchased the $60 Founders pack just like me. So in all we have spent 240 bucks on Neverwinter between the four of us. I expect to be able to play my game when i get home from work when i spend that kind of money. There should be NO REASON for a Queue with this big of a GAMER TITLE! Look at how popular MMOs are these days. For example. DDO, GW2, and WoW just to name 3. Servers should have been big/fast enough to handle millions of players EVERYDAY! I definitely hope to see PerfectWorld give the FOUNDERS PACK purchasers some ZEN or Astral Diamonds or something to say sorry for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!! Totally disappointed in the Queue system! I can understand issue with the game itself and needing to be updated/patched or even taken down for several hours to fix other things. The QUEUE thing is what im really upset with. Anyways.... like i said other than this i am loving this game and i really hope that PerfectWorld does something to say sorry for this! Im sure there will be ALOT of people that feel the same.

no1 is forcing u too pay. ( i know u will say u wana support or w/e to make it look better ) but in this case u talk about all those big companies and say they never get problems. BS i say. always problems on new stuff. like u talk about WoW, but it doesnt seem like uve played wow on ( New ) releases cus then ud know. and asking for gifts just cus some1 payed 200$? they payed for early entrance and some goodies in-game.. not their own server with no1 else playing lag free. if u pay 200$ for a F2P u either KNOW what can and will happen at start or ur just too rich and can waste it.

oh forgot. u also said everyday.. mate.. this game has been open for 1 day. what u expect? they got some probs with some Router or w/e it was. just like ur computer can crash any day so can theirs.

now Stop QQ like a 12y and let them fix it in peace so we all can play happy later.

Thx and maybe we meet in game under better circumstances ( spelling ftl? ) just tired of all the whining about every F thing from every1.
  • Options
    bazyl40bazyl40 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1720 in queue and BAM... 103572, <poke> sire/madam you were not standing there!
  • Options
    macimanumacimanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same happened to me, but now launcher says to me: "unable to authenticate"

i hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    for a 'beta', Cryptic/PWE made **** sure that the Zen/AD purchasing was up and running with no problems. This should've been the last on the list of things that needed doing.

It's no more a beta than it is a blatant cash grab.
    Instead of fixing client stabilitiy, performance, lag issues and ui imprvements we get a fully functioning cash shop and little else.
    Wasn't bw3 or bw4 meant to be a 'crash the server' type thing? Wasn't the whole point of that 'beta weekend' to stress server capacity etc? What happened to the data gathered from that?

This is a dodgy launch and frankly didn't expect less from PWE.
  • Options
    defiler888defiler888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for a min or two i was 106k and something in queue :O cmon
  • Options
    warhound777warhound777 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    some peeps shud go read some other topics before posting some stuff. end of story and out. back to leveling. cyas
  • Options
    defiler888defiler888 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    would you be so kind and direct me to that topic ?
  • Options
    watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    for a 'beta', Cryptic/PWE made **** sure that the Zen/AD purchasing was up and running with no problems. This should've been the last on the list of things that needed doing.

It's no more a beta than it is a blatant cash grab.
    Instead of fixing client stabilitiy, performance, lag issues and ui imprvements we get a fully functioning cash shop and little else.
    Wasn't bw3 or bw4 meant to be a 'crash the server' type thing? Wasn't the whole point of that 'beta weekend' to stress server capacity etc? What happened to the data gathered from that?

This is a dodgy launch and frankly didn't expect less from PWE.

name just 1 MMO that didnt have 1 single beta launch problem....then maybe your staement could be credible. even the great WoW had problems on lauch day years ago...
This discussion has been closed.