What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    lefty8lefty8 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way I can change my characters facial appearance? I am now level 11
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Nice to have it on an international holiday...

International? Ain't a holiday in Canada or the USA...
  • Options
    haliethhalieth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have expected them to have more than 3 shards, or already have the "megaserver" up and running. Nice steal from ZoS on that one lol....
    Let me introduce you to my blade.
  • Options
    krexxuskrexxus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the queue time is ridiculous, this isn't your first time opening an mmo and running it on three shards is stupid, i was waiting for nearly an hour an fourty five minutes just and as soon as i got on i then get a message saying it was shutting down. This needs to be fixed fast before people start getting pi**ed off and stop playing the game. This is a brilliant game don't get me wrong and i enjoy it a lot, kudos for that. Hope you fix this issue soon.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »

the worker day is an international festive day sir :)
  • Options
    aimfirewinaimfirewin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4 hours of powernap and then return to 1-sit to level 60 :D

I just started playing yesterday and I'm already having so much fun..and its from a free to play game.. can someone from PW call me to wake me up when you are finished guys :D
  • Options
    smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We need a server status page on the main site. Unless it's hidden somewhere and I can't find it...
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fun game for the ten min i got to play but seriously that hour and half q was horrid.
  • Options
    bookem311bookem311 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    desaanuk wrote: »
    Why do maintenance that pushes into EU prime time? You expect people to queue for most of the evening after the servers 'maybe' come back up by 8pm GMT?

Good luck with that.
    Because the U.S. probably has way more players than the rest of Europe. I wish they would do it around 1am PST to be available for the morning U.S. crowd and Afternoon Europe crowd.
  • Options
    docholliday1911docholliday1911 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    open beta to all people .. wait no were gonna take the servers down on the same day .. wtf
  • Options
    broke7broke7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could only play a little last night and i have only one thing to say.
    Thank you for this game and your hard work. Hope to enjoy a bit more in the mounts to come.

PS: release day must be one hell of a day at your work place :P
  • Options
    insaniqinsaniq Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uglyduck1 wrote: »
    You guys adding more servers and/or processors? If processors, what specs?

Adding NW to the server AV exception list :P

Moreover, please make it come back online soon!
    Missing it already
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    amalynda wrote: »

Nope, Germany only I think

UK Bank Holiday is 6th May
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    amalyndaamalynda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »

May 24th here in Canada, aka Victoria Day...
  • Options
    browncoatbobbrowncoatbob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm I have to say I don't approve of that :( And canon names being allowed is even worse...

I hope they reconsider this approach! Although they would have to force a lot of character renames which wouldn't go down very well with a lot of people.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how things play out.
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great job staying on top of the issues and keeping us informed. Thank you.
  • Options
    sealavssealavs Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i agree with that i mean its 1030 and going down for 4 hours that wrong lol it should be over night
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played wow for 6 years, there was dozens of times during the launches of major patches, expansions and events that the servers melted down entirely for 12-24 hours. Blizzard usually ended up giving a 1 day credit to all subscribers.

If you've ever played an MMO before and STILL expect to get on and have an enjoyable play experience on launch days, you're just kidding yourself.

Just imagine the pandemonium going on in the cryptic buildings right now. I bet there's people working double shifts, and running around flailing papers wildly and everyone's yelling at everyone else, and mabye electrical fires, and explosions, and someone gets fired or ritually sacrificed every x amount of time that the game is still effed.

Although, mabe my imagination is just more active than it needs to be and everything's all hunkey dorey. >_>

To take up your example of major patches or expansions of WoW - they've all startet in the middle of the night, say 03:00 am.
    Sure lots of them did come with some delay in the works and the server went down till 03:00 pm and on rare occasions even till 05:00 pm. No one argues about that.

But the trueth is: None of them startet after noon. So the general consens ever has been: Hey, they tried their best and at the end they fix the game we want to play so it was OK.

But here it is very different: To start maintenance after noon tells us one thing -> Why care when people want to play? We are the mighty game providers so the player need to adjust to our schedule. We are king. Just like the ones did with the last "big" MMO. The name was.... almost forgotten... ahh there it is... SW:TOR.
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey all,

We'll be performing maintenance tomorrow morning to resolve some issues discovered today. It is expected to last four hours, but could end sooner or later depending on any issues we discover.

Maintenance will begins on May 1, 2013 at:

PDT: 7 AM
    EDT: 10 AM
    GMT: 3 PM

We currently anticipate that the servers will be available again at 11 AM PDT.

Patch Notes

Thank you again for being patient while we work to improve your Neverwinter experience. We're working diligently to make sure as many players get in game as possible without waiting long in the queue.

Sincerely,
    The Neverwinter Team

Timeline

7:30AM PDT - Full maintenance begins. Servers are offline.

7:17AM PDT - Network tasks are in progress. We are performing the initial network fixing while the servers are still online, though they should be coming down shortly.

You do realize CDT is a major timezone in the united states right? Don't beleive it ask all the developers in Austin,Texas. lol

Anyways 9:00 A.M. CDT till 1:00 P.M. CDT Peeps.
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaskian wrote: »

what the bank has to do with the worker's day? :O

And yes, is an international holiday, google is your friend if on school you didn't learned it.
  • Options
    neodarkaxeneodarkaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good Job guys, the timeline is a nice addition. OPEN BETA, means servers offline at wierd times, any problems with networking such as the rubber banding are fixed in hours not days. Which in the long range scheme of things,,,, good

NDA:cool:
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers%27_Day

"over 80 countries...."
  • Options
    boltsafeboltsafe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great game and my pleasure to buy the Founders Pack for game with such fluent gameplay. A bit of patching after launch is totally expected.
  • Options
    infraynorrinfraynorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the hard work and getting on fixing it right away, from what I've seen great game. Any ideas for how long until it's up now?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sealavs wrote: »
    i agree with that i mean its 1030 and going down for 4 hours that wrong lol it should be over night

I'm guessing the 190+ page queue whining thread influenced their decision to take it down NOW, and try to get it fixed ASAP, rather than wait 12+ hours for a slower time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »

And yes, is an international holiday, google is your friend if on school you didn't learned it.

What is the holiday called and where are you from? Its no holiday here in the UK and no, of course I didn't learn about public holidays in school. What sort of lesson would that be?
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    draanoon wrote: »

If it ain't a paid day off, it shouldn't be called a holiday.
  • Options
    jmdayjmday Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    draanoon wrote: »
    To take up your example of major patches or expansions of WoW - they've all startet in the middle of the night, say 03:00 am.
    Sure lots of them did come with some delay in the works and the server went down till 03:00 pm and on rare occasions even till 05:00 pm. No one argues about that.

But the trueth is: None of them startet after noon. So the general consens ever has been: Hey, they tried their best and at the end they fix the game we want to play so it was OK.

But here it is very different: To start maintenance after noon tells us one thing -> Why care when people want to play? We are the mighty game providers so the player need to adjust to our schedule. We are king. Just like the ones did with the last "big" MMO. The name was.... almost forgotten... ahh there it is... SW:TOR.

The problem with your argument there is that Blizzard have servers all over the world, so aslong as you were connected to servers within YOUR timezone the maintainance was done within the hours that suited that timezone. With these first few servers im guessing that they are all in one place right now and it will not suit some users but will suit others in that timezone. Look at the times posted for the example, 7AM PDT and GMT is 3PM.
    This is also still Beta so expect them to work on it when it suits them not when it suits you. Wait till full release and if/when servers are in your tmezone before complaining about a Free to Play game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »

What is bank holiday? Google is your friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday
    A bank holiday is a public holiday in the United Kingdom or other Commonwealth countries, and a colloquialism for a public holiday in Ireland. There is no automatic right to time off on these days, although banks close and the majority of the working population is granted time off work or extra pay for working on these days, depending on their contract.

The first official bank holidays were the four days named in the Bank Holidays Act 1871, but today the term is colloquially (albeit incorrectly) used for public holidays which are not officially bank holidays, for example Good Friday and Christmas Day[citation needed]. Many large shops open on bank holidays, when most people have a day off for shopping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaerokzaerok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as it comes back online with reduced queues and waiting times I will be happy. Had fun trying it earlier.
This discussion has been closed.