What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

Comments

• Options
    nic1234nic1234 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WOW might as well do maintance hey I haven't been able to get in game for 4 hours so who cares what you guys do .

I cant even spell it ..

Kill the Servers and do your fixes ill come back in 2 weeks when you have the servers finial working. TO think I paid for this .....
  • Options
    neeshkahneeshkah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been in a lot of MMO beta/launches to know this kind of stuff happens. It doesn't bother me at all. I remember when Blizzard launched WoW, was so happy to start playing then BAM... Blizzard shut down most or all (don't remember if it was all) servers for a week a day or two after launch. I know that was years ago and companies should be better prepared now but still... things happen. I have since stop playing or even care about WoW but I am only using it as an example.

I don't really care that much about 4 hours of downtime, as I remember Blizzard doing this once a week.

I just wish I could atleast play with the foundry as I waited....
  • Options
    shepardshamanushepardshamanu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I live in Romania,can someone tell me when exaclty the maintenance will occur ? I don`t understand at all how the timezones are working.
    Altiar: "Nothing is True, Everything is permitted"
    Ezio: "No. Killing you won't bring my family back. I'm done. Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito. Requiescat in pace. ."
    Connor: "While men of courage write history of this day, the future of our land depends on those who are truly free."
  • Options
    valmdvalmd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can understand a queue, even though it means a severely outdated server structure, but a 15k+ people queue? Seems to me there's more people waiting to get in that those actually playing!
  • Options
    lexsanderslexsanders Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ora 5 PM romania, si dureaza ~ 4 ore.
  • Options
    u4ikrob1u4ikrob1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bottom line -

Its still beta
    None of us are going anywhere soon
    There will be plusses and minuses to the game even after 'official launch'
    Breathe deeply and remember - its just a game

The first nerf bat swing [which will happen sooner rather than later to balance] and people will be hollaring for their money and blah blah all over again. Same thing happens no matter the game at the start. ive been thru several Beta's from old to new games. This is the early days and they still have a lot of bugs to squish and future crashes to hurdle. At the end of the day you will still want to play and enjoy. Remember that this to shall pass and you will be back to playing another time. :D
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so my ? is does any1 have an ETA on the maintenance end today?
  • Options
    roxbozoroxbozo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TNx for the good work
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    little to no effort went into anticipating server loads even though they had ample time during alpha and closed betas for stress tests.
    This shoddy way of launching a game under the false pretence of 'Open Beta' might work with dodgy Korean mmo's but not here.

Why on earth was PWE considered and chosen to publish this?!
  • Options
    togapu51togapu51 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is expected to last four hours, but could end sooner or later depending on any issues we discover.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    thbigslimethbigslime Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is wrong with this game .... there can be more characters with same name???
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    "it could end sooner or later" classic
  • Options
    roxbozoroxbozo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good work :D
  • Options
    cudakicudaki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Read a bit? They said approximately 4 hours could be less or more depending on any issues that might come up.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    multiple characters with same name wtf? i just created 2 chars with same name on same account bug or something i dont know?
  • Options
    forumcanforumcan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for this maintenance !
    I hope we could play this game without any issue in the future.
    And I hope there is no conversation similar to the one written below... and I hope it's all in my head. :)

Just a couple of hours left to play this game... I must endure!!!

PWE guy in black: So let's play our last cards... Server team! Create a fake queue and make freeloaders and guardians regret. Let's milk them before it's too late!

Server Chieftain: But sir!... what will happen when everyone became HotN? How could we manage to remove queue?

PWE guy in black: Muhaha! (evil laugh)... There is no queue... All is in your head... And put "Vip++" on coin shop and be sure that anyone who doesn't buy it should wait for a couple of weeks before login!

Team: Sir! Yes Sir!
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    trionus wrote: »
    I find it amusing that people in the EU complain about the downtime and scheduled maintenance being during eu peak time... from what I have read the downtime is to reduce queues and make the game a smoother play.. from my perspective as a eu player, I don't care when the maintenance is, ANY maintenance and bug fix downtimes, just make the game better for one and all. As far as I am concerned there is nothing to complain about.. the game is not going anywhere and what I don't do today, I can do tomorrow...

With your conclusion it's not surprising anyone that you do not get it. Same story than before: If someone is going to provide services and closes down during prime time -> people will go someplace else for it.

One of the main reason SW:TOR died.

And continuing the story: US laughts over EU-player, EU player leave, service provider cries over loss of players, fires service staff, US player cries over lausy services and leave too.

If this will not be changed, the game is dead before offical release. As seen with all other MMO's during last 3 years.

'nuff said.
  • Options
    browncoatbobbrowncoatbob Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Arrgh queued for about 2 hours, finally got in for my first taste of Neverwinter with 30mins before maintenance started :(

Thoroughly enjoyable 30mins though! Hopefully I won't have another 2 hour queue to get in once the shards come back online.
  • Options
    vanvulturevanvulture Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Read up. You have a handle for your account that is unique for you. Thats why you can make char's with the same name.
    ''Well, just as I suspected... I couldn't see it because it's invisible.''
  • Options
    grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    draanoon wrote: »
    With your conclusion it's not surprising anyone that you do not get it. Same story than before: If someone is going to provide services and closes down during prime time -> people will go someplace else for it.

One of the main reason SW:TOR died.

And continuing the story: US laughts over EU-player, EU player leave, service provider cries over loss of players, fires service staff, US player cries over lausy services and leave too.

If this will not be changed, the game is dead before offical release. As seen with all other MMO's during last 3 years.

'nuff said.

That was true what you said about SW:TOR, many got fed up with the insensitive maintenance policy and left.
    MMO companies have to realise that they sell to a global market and not appear to be insular and parochial - it can be done.
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite how much like an actual launch it feels like to you it IS called a beta and they are doing what they are supposed to do in betas...

[sarcasm]
    Holy **** they're fixing things??? how dare they not already have this sorted out when what we're doing right now is finding these problems so they can fix them?!?!?!?!?!
    [/sarcasm]
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    so like 50 ppl are gona be called shadow? which idiot made that <.<
    vanvulture wrote: »
    Read up. You have a handle for your account that is unique for you. Thats why you can make char's with the same name.
  • Options
    thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Despite how much like an actual launch it feels like to you it IS called a beta and they are doing what they are supposed to do in betas...

[sarcasm]
    Holy **** they're fixing things??? how dare they not already have this sorted out when what we're doing right now is finding these problems so they can fix them?!?!?!?!?!
    [/sarcasm]

you do realise this has been in alpha/beta for quite some time...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    grikgid wrote: »
    That was true what you said about SW:TOR, many got fed up with the insensitive maintenance policy and left.
    MMO companies have to realise that they sell to a global market and not appear to be insular and parochial - it can be done.

so what your'e saying is they need to do maintenance while its not prime time ANYWHERE?
    I'm not sure you understand how timezones work
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    you do realise this has been in alpha/beta for quite some time...

yes and i also realize it is still there
    21.jpg
  • Options
    mightyqu1nnmightyqu1nn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

To be honest, as much as I hope this game does well enough to support a solid community... I REALLY hope it doesnt ever enter the realm of "most popular MMO's)...
    Do not interfere in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup...
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cant log on. i have paid to be a member and have been on for the last 3 days. now won't even launch. what have i paid for ?!? =( *angry*

You paid for in game perks and items, not the game. The game is free.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: Network tasks are in progress. We are performing the initial network fixing while the servers are still online, though they should be coming down shortly.
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what your'e saying is they need to do maintenance while its not prime time ANYWHERE?
    I'm not sure you understand how timezones work

With all due respect, timezones have nothing to do with it. It is server management. If you shut down all server at the same time then you will hit one prime time zone. If you maintain server per timezone cluster and shut them down in sequence - voila - problem solved.

No maintenance during prime time for anybody.
  • Options
    kaskiankaskian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm all for regular updates and fixes, I love that you guys listen and its all I can ask for as a player.

I hope maintenance will be at varied hours for all regions, that way the burn will be much less easier to take. Everyone gets held up, everyone QQs. Everyones happy.

Bang. 4 hours right in the UK afternoon -- 2pm till 6pm -- It burns

attachment.php?attachmentid=4210&d=1350343041&thumb=1
    Kie - Renegade Drow - Wizard | Orion - Half Elf - Cleric | Kia - Tiefling - Rogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.