Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter maintenance - 05/01/13

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    tsalimonektsalimonek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys we have progress .. now i see "server is unavailable at this time" but this entire situation tells me "not to spent even 1 Euro" to this game ...
  • Options
    gordrunggordrung Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dragon is back on dear flamers, its first day beta not a paid game, just enjoy what they brought and appreciate their work... you make me sick
  • Options
    jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    antrenos wrote: »
    This is what happens when you decide to run an MMO on a single-shard structure. Most popular MMOs run on multiple servers, dozens of them to accommodate the massive (thus the M, in MMO) amounts of players. Prior to Open Beta, Neverwinter had a grand total of THREE servers available to play on. That is ridiculously low, and there is no surprise that this causes increased lag for everyone who tries to play.

It's gotten so bad, the server lag has managed to spill over into your other MMOs as well (mostly in STO). I would've thought by now, you'd know how to run an MMO without having server issues, but I guess I was wrong.

Really, they should hire you as a consultant. I'm sure they had not thought of that since this is their first game ever.
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol i was just started a new char, i was at the gate quest and logging back after the crash i found it at the lvl 1 starting point area. Its just hillarious! (not!)
  • Options
    ascher11tascher11t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    jjeshop wrote: »
    Really, they should hire you as a consultant. I'm sure they had not thought of that since this is their first game ever.

Ignore him.
  • Options
    mozseymozsey Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tsalimonek wrote: »
    Guys we have progress .. now i see "server is unavailable at this time" but this entire situation tells me "not to spent even 1 Euro" to this game ...

It JUST went open beta. BETA. Meaning they're still working out the kinks in it. Give it time.
  • Options
    ceniebabyceniebaby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    Dragon is back up. So quit your whining.
    Cenie@ceniebaby - Dragon - Cleric - Member of Siren
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't log in on any of my accounts doesn't matter the server what's up with that ?
  • Options
    nastyn82139nastyn82139 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 - Just saw this same issue pop up in another thread. Don't think its just you
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 - Just saw this same issue pop up in another thread. Don't think its just you

Well that's pretty frustrating .
  • Options
    nastyn82139nastyn82139 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Well that's pretty frustrating .

Totally agree. This game has had a pretty poor "soft launch" so far.
  • Options
    prolagaprolaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is now very smooth except for minor lag spike.
  • Options
    deerforestdeerforest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I live in Europe and the maintenance was done with the patching and now rubber band effect and disconnects are far worse. I am dismayed the lag time is so bad my companion does not move or barely can get them to move. I hated the Q line but at least I could play the game. I now have constant disconnects or rubber band effect where I think I am moving only to get shot back again backwards. The worse is when I cannot heal myself or fight back because server is not showing it is disconnected.

I have my Character to level 20 and already purchased 3 greater holding bags plus other spendy items so really hope this server problems will get fixed quickly. I agree with others and hope this Game will give us a choice either to F2P or subscribe and subscribers would have their own shard and not have to purchase so many items like lock box keys. I am spending far too much with my curiosity of what is in the nightmare lockbox.
  • Options
    akamennaakamenna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, where can ia get a new launcher? The one I downloaded yesterderday when the servers were having the lag and queue issue is not working...

it starts an autoupdate and then throws na error..

tks.
  • Options
    wec0wec0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deerforest wrote: »
    I live in Europe and the maintenance was done with the patching and now rubber band effect and disconnects are far worse. I am dismayed the lag time is so bad my companion does not move or barely can get them to move. I hated the Q line but at least I could play the game. I now have constant disconnects or rubber band effect where I think I am moving only to get shot back again backwards. The worse is when I cannot heal myself or fight back because server is not showing it is disconnected.

I'm having the same issues. When I've been able to get past the character screen, the game has been pretty much unplayable all day.
  • Options
    draanoondraanoon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mcleary wrote: »

"Why are you <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over EU" The maintenance will screw over someone no matter what, so there's no reason for them to set a time that is inconvenient for them, just to appease a few entitled players from Europe. They don't just set arbitrary times for maintenance and updates, there is a reason for the time frames they have. If you have a problem with that, then that's your problem, not theirs.

So very false. Read once again the concerned posts, pay attention to key words such as "server cluster"....
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so ..... is it up or not i been cooking chilli relleno :)
  • Options
    mickaboy72mickaboy72 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akamenna wrote: »
    Ok, where can ia get a new launcher? The one I downloaded yesterderday when the servers were having the lag and queue issue is not working...

it starts an autoupdate and then throws na error..

tks.

yeah also happens to me...?

is there a new launcher?
    mine is not updating..
    same error as before.
  • Options
    thefoodninjathefoodninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is the game up or not, in my time zone its been down for like 12 hours
  • Options
    asmokingasmoking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    love the bridge level at the begginin of the game after that game only let you play as a ghost.Im sure Cryptic is awesome so Im pretty sure my max lvl 5 char will stay same lvl for Looong time to come -) Ping 1555 Dallas TX .And I know it will alweys stay same cause ITS NOT OUR FOOOOLT -)Tho I must say this crappy servers started after perfect world got cryptic..
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This thread's maintenance has long since passed, closing the thread now.
This discussion has been closed.