test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

Comments

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I am starting to enjoy the new loot tables, while I have not yet had anything that I really need or want drop yet, many of the guildies have received things that they have been after for several months. The new loot does add a little more dynamic to the run and a bit of fun to see what odd new things drop.

I still do not enjoy being forced to use my key for loot I do not want, I now have a blue mount I don't want and an artifact that I can't really make use of, it would be nice to be able to give or sell instead of discarding them, it feels like a waste. Additionally I am out of keys for most or all of the bonus chests other than those that open with epic keys so I can't open them. This unfortunately makes me question why I am even doing the runs. SAD FACE

I think reducing the time on the campaign keys a bit would go a long way to improving the sentiment. I think it makes sense that if you are awarded diamonds on two skirmishes a day you should be able to create two keys in a day for said skirmishes to at least have a chance at the new loot.

this is just about exactly where I'm at right now. reduce the costs for making keys or make it so you get a five pack from your campaign window at a time. the drop rates are hardly good enough where farming is going to make anyone a millionaire but now that there are increased loot tables and zany things dropping its fun to run dungeons again. but there isn't a point to it. the cost in the zen store is too expensive for farming as well. 99 percent of the players aren't going to give cash money for things from the zen store. we're going to buy it with ad conversion. so why does it need to be gated that way. People that are going to spend actual cash money aren't going to be bothering with making campaign keys in the first place cause they are the types who can't be bothered with dailies. lol. (for cereal though)

I still don't think their business managers get that people will spend actual cash money if the perceived value is there AND the cash request is done in a way where the buyer does not feel "bent over" , while they have managed to add some fun factor back the value factor isn't back and the feeling of being bent over is STRONG.

treat your player base well and we will treat you well back. strong arm for cash adn people will close their wallets and move on. it's not hard.
  • Options
    viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread along the way or in a different one, but didn't mimicking say something about being able to view the new stuff they added in the collections page? Unless I am doing something wrong I am not seeing any of the new gear.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread along the way or in a different one, but didn't mimicking say something about being able to view the new stuff they added in the collections page? Unless I am doing something wrong I am not seeing any of the new gear.

Go to collections and select Show By Location then go through the campaigns and go to the tab for each dungeon.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Hey everyone! We are definitely still reducing the price of the Legendary Dragon keys as announced. We're hoping to get this in ASAP.

Thank you. :)
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

Hey everyone! We are definitely still reducing the price of the Legendary Dragon keys as announced. We're hoping to get this in ASAP.

Thank you very much for listening to us.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @Araneax

Speak for yourself please... You seem under the impression that our problem here is the price of keys. most of us dont want to spent a single zen in acquiring a chance at rng with keys no matter if it cost 100z or 300z.

So please speak for yourself not in our name. Nitrocris answer only prove one thing : they only want us to buy keys, they will not make it easier or faster to create keys for free.
    I'm a dayly player and i earn less than 5 gold a day (unless i become a cocoroach and search everything on thr ground) with the campaign pricing and 20h crafting it's like Cryptic is saying to me : "Go buy our damn keys, we need your money more than you do"
    I spent like 6 or 7 extra chests key ( not even mentionning free vip keys) yesterday and got bs like usual....
    There is only one thing in this game that is worth our money and it's called vip.

I prefer open a chest with an enchanted key when i feel like it or have a coupon that will guarantee me a decent something 90% of time in 10s than a stupid chance at rng that will guarantee me a nice peridot after spending 15min of my precious time.
  • Options
    diloul31 said:

@Araneax

Speak for yourself please... You seem under the impression that our problem here is the price of keys. most of us dont want to spent a single zen in acquiring a chance at rng with keys no matter if it cost 100z or 300z.

So please speak for yourself not in our name. Nitrocris answer only prove one thing : they only want us to buy keys, they will not make it easier or faster to create keys for free.

I spent like 6 or 7 extra chests key ( not even mentionning free vip keys) yesterday and got bs like usual....

There is only one thing in this game that is worth our money and it's called vip.

I prefer open a chest with an enchanted key when i feel like it or have a coupon that will guarantee me a decent something 90% of time in 10s than a stupid chance at rng that will guarantee me a nice peridot after spending 15min of my precious time.

@diloul31

If you read my previous posts you will see i do not agree with any of the changes done regarding this late update of the keys.

I am not doing the Storm Thunder mod any more.
    I am not running FBI or MSVA any more.
    And i am not buying any more legendary keys.
    From the moment they tried to force me to buy them.

It is my way of showing i disagree with what has been done.
    I am here posting and giving my feedback like everyone else is.
    And that is why there is currently 24 pages of this thread.

Now then.
    If you think saying thank you to a change that has been asked in this thread, is wrong.
    It is your personal opinion. I personally see it as a first step in the right direction.
    At least they have seen people saying the price of keys is wrong and there for that means they actually have been reading the feedback posted here. Isn't that already something ?

Maybe i am wrong , but i still hope they will do more .

We have two options currently.

Post your opinion and expect some changes.
    Or leave.

I will not leave my guild until the last person in my guild leaves.
    The captain always stays last on the sinking ship.

• Options
    I think i read the entire thread and i dont remenber a single person saying "Please lower the keys price" ^^
  • Options
    fogcrowfogcrow Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    they might not make it faster to create keys for free, but easier?...for some of them I don´t see much room for easier: an FBI key costs 10 ten town supplies, and 2k Voninblod. In my last few FBI runs, I got 10 ten town supplies, and ostorian relics worth between 650 and 1100 Voninblod per chest. So with a little luck it covers the cost of the next days key completely.
    The lesser demonic key is similar, cost: 150 fearzess. In f.e. Throne of the Dwarven Gods a gold result nets 100 fearzess, and the chest contains another 50.

Ok, granted, they cost gold...
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User

What about shortening the timers for making campaign keys to 2 hours and removing the gold cost? That seems like a better idea.

Because that will definitely decrease the incentive of buying keys and or devalue actually playing the game? A crafted key every 2 hours and remove the gold cost?

There aren't even enough daily quests to grant enough currency to craft more than 1 Arcane/Mystic Dragon, Malabog's, Validra's, Kessell's, etc. Keys per day so let's be real here, the ONLY key players who make suggestions like this are interested in are Greater Demonic Keys (trying to disguise it by adding the part about removing the gold cost? LoL) so suggestions like this pretty much mean a number of players will farm Demonic Heroic Encounters (arguably a number of them will probably do just enough to receive credit), consciously skip Demonic Escape and more than likely in less time it takes to invoke 6 times players would have 5 Greater Demonic Keys from minimal effort thus removing the incentive to buy LDK's.

This would not be fair to the players who are putting in the effort to obtain LDK's to run multiple dungeons or Cryptic who are offering keys in the Zen market for a decent amount, not to mention if/when the cost goes down to 250 Zen players will pretty much be able to get 5 LDK's every 2 days, especially helping out the more casual players that like to run dungeons (even though currently with a bit of effort it can be done within about the same amount of time).
    diloul31 said:

I'm a dayly player and i earn less than 5 gold a day (unless i become a cocoroach and search everything on thr ground) with the campaign pricing and 20h crafting it's like Cryptic is saying to me : "Go buy our damn keys, we need your money more than you do"

Statements like this pretty much mean some players want more for less. If daily players are only making enough gold to craft about one key a day reducing the key craft time/gold cost pretty much won't benefit them regardless. If players are not picking up loot to sell they are consciously preventing themselves from being able to craft keys in the first place LoL.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Yep that's my whole point... It's absolutely impossible to follow the cost of gold for keys. The way demonics keys work is just perfect exept for the 20h....

But for all the others keys the gold cost is just too much, way too much.

The real problem is most of time keys wil give you nothing so pure waste of gold...

I prefere 100x craft hoard of dragons or blessing fey enchants r8 that will grant me 50k rp pointd or be sold for a decent price...

That is in fact Cryptic politics; they tease you with what i must admit is a very fun game until lvl 70 and then instead of provide more fun ( fishing mehhhh....), they builds way to prevent you from progress and slow the process to force you to buy stuff or the grinding and boreness will kill you...
  • Options
    diloul31 said:

Yep that's my whole point... It's absolutely impossible to follow the cost of gold for keys. The way demonics keys work is just perfect exept for the 20h....

But for all the others keys the gold cost is just too much, way too much.

The real problem is most of time keys wil give you nothing so pure waste of gold...

I prefere 100x craft hoard of dragons or blessing fey enchants r8 that will grant me 50k rp pointd or be sold for a decent price...

That is in fact Cryptic politics; they tease you with what i must admit is a very fun game until lvl 70 and then instead of provide more fun ( fishing mehhhh....), they builds way to prevent you from progress and slow the process to force you to buy stuff or the grinding and boreness will kill you...

Them sell those gosh dern enchantments adventurer!!! LoL, buy items for AD that sell for a good amount of gold and voila your gold problems are gone. Now you don't have an excuse :wink:

In MMO's players tend to try and rush content therefore the developers have to implement things that will slow progress and or cost the player(s) in some form or fashion.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    edited January 2017
    You don't get it my friend i stack the r8 from shatandar and tyranny because its the only thing with real value for my gold.

You want me to sell them to buy gold to buy keys that will give me nothing ?

Let's say i do everyday sharandar, in a month i have 30 X 50k ( during x2 event).

It means 1 500 000 rp !

Lets say i buy a key everyday instead, what will i get from 30 keys, if im lucky a compagnon or green artifact i absolutely dont need and theirs value drop everyday...
    My only drop in 2 dozens of extra keys used gave an 250k artifact not to mention free vip keys...

The math is easy here, in the long run.
    By now everyone with a few months of playing on ps4 should have most of the artifacts they want and just need to upgrade them.
    You just need the rp... I had some keys before update like around 25 keys, all i got from using them was a 250k worth artifact and its price keeps going down...

Why the 2 dunjeons with the chance at bests rewards ( rings and wand) are easier to make than epics dunjeons that require my gold ?

Im not rushing anything... I m stucked to 2900 gs until march...
    Last x2 refinement was december if im right...
    December to march for the next x2 event.
    When is the next x2 ad too(not even scheduled at all) ?

We use to have more of these events you remenber ?
    Dont you see the patern here ?

They keep slowing you down... They keep adding every means to prevent you from acquire or upgrading your stuff unless you pay...

There is a decent limit of the amount of money you should put in a free game...
    I spend 150e since the game was launched on ps4...
    Not a single euro will go out of my pocket for these con artists, i just have 3 months vip and then bye bye ( no pun intended ).
    Maybe even before with Mass effects coming soon.
    At some point Ctyptic need to show us some love instead being greedy and always more greedy.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

You don't get it my friend i stack the r8 from shatandar and tyranny because its the only thing with real value for my gold.

You want me to sell them to buy gold to buy keys that will give me nothing ?

Im not rushing anything... I m stucked to 2900 gs until march...
    Last x2 refinement was december if im right..
    December to march for the next x2 event.
    When is the next x2 ad too(not even scheduled at all) ?

We use to have more of these events you remenber ?
    Dont you see the patern here ?

They keep slowing you down... They keep adding every means to prevent you from acquire or upgrading your stuff unless you pay...

There is a decent limit of the amount of money you should put in a free game...
    I spend 150e since the game was launched on ps4...
    Not a single euro will go out of my pocket for these con artists, i just have 3 months vip and then bye bye ( no pun intended ).

Maybe even before with Mass effects coming soon.

At some point Ctyptic need to show us some love instead being greedy and always more greedy.
    You don't have to sell them all (my statement was not suggested that you do so). Selling 1 Dragon's Hoard enchantment on the trade house will produce enough gold for about 4 keys (that require 5 gold, more if they require less).

Player's wanted better drop rates and they got them, consequently value of various items have gone down because there are more available. You can't have higher drop rates and high value for the most part.

New content not even a full week old that has relic weapons that require RP's just like artifact weapons, wouldn't make much sense to have another x2 refinement so soon when not many players have had a good enough chance to get everything they need to even restore, let alone upgrade them. It also gives the players who want a chance to be "first" to spend money and or AD to get it done. Players don't have to wait until x2 refinement (crowding their bags, bank, etc.), it's not like the items are locked until x2 refinement, players have to weigh their options and go with what works for them.

Again if speed bumps are not put in without a cost(s) players will rush the new content then complain that there isn't content when there is PLENTY of things to do and they choose not to. Declined content is STILL content.

NO player is forced to play this game or to spend ANY money, it can be done solely from in-game effort, what it is is that players see others at higher and higher ilvls, having various items, enchants, etc. then wanting the same things and or wanting to progress faster putting pressure on themselves to do so. That's like going to a store spending money then complaining that you spent money on something you wanted rather than needed. You can't fault Cryptic because players want to be great and do what they do to achieve it (spend money, etc.). Cryptic has shown PLENTY of love already by providing players a FREE-to-pay game... if nothing else they have done that.

People have a few options in regard to Neverwinter:
    - Don't play.
    - Put in in-game effort to progress.
    - Put in more in-game effort to progress faster.
    - Pay some here and there to progress even faster.
    - Pay frequently to progress even faster than that.
    Post edited by trinity706#8838 on

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I see so everything is well handed in this game, it's just us that discovered what an mmo is with NWO and dont play it right...
    My bad then...

You probably are a pc player... You remenber we only got NWO on PS4 a few months ago ?
    To be concerned by the new relics upgrading would mean that we already upgraded everything else and have only new relics to work on...

This is so far away from our reality on PS4 my friend... Many players still strugle to get twisted set...

So maybe for you the x2 makes no sense but what about us on PS4 ?!

Do you really think that it's possible for free to get your artifacts, runes, enchants maxed in 3 or 4 months ?
    Or only get a decent GS to be accepted by partys who want to run tings very fast?
    And then not giving us a x2 refinement for 3 months is a good move?

Sure i can put all these refinements in my artifacts now and it will be a pure waste...

I should record chat just for a minute on PS4 so you can understand what's happening...
    It's only : " need hight dps for 12min run CN" "Need tank" "Need DC"
    If you don't fit in any of these you can just wait hours in queue that will lead to a party with a 2300 tank that will not wistand Orcus...
    God i have to kill him myself alone or with other dps class as a warlock most of the few time i manage to get to the boss...
    (please don't go with alliance, most of them left the game with all this bs)

What do you mean by efforts ?
    I do sharandar/outerdark/dunjeons/skirmish everyday and now icewindale.

What do you want more ?

Im amazed by how you flip the reality and totally ignore what is obvious...

Our discussion is pointlesd tbh... Your consider us players doing shiit and Cryptic handling everything like it should be.

Maybe these 24 pages are just kiddies that need to grow up or grow a brain after all...

Or maybe we just know when things goes too far and dont like to be treated like cash cows...
    Our money and time invested respected instead to have always more walls to make us pay more.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    diloul31 said:

I see so everything is well handed in this game, it's just us that discovered what an mmo is with NWO and dont play it right...

My bad then...

You probably are a pc player... You remenber we only got NWO on PS4 a few months ago ?

To be concerned by the new relics upgrading would mean that we already upgraded everything else and have only new relics to work on...

This is so far away from our reality on PS4 my friend... Many players still strugle to get twisted set...

So maybe for you the x2 makes no sense but what about us on PS4 ?!

Do you really think that it's possible for free to get your artifacts, runes, enchants maxed in 3 or 4 months ?

Or only get a decent GS to be accepted by partys who want to run tings very fast?

And then not giving us a x2 refinement for 3 months is a good move?

Sure i can put all these refinements in my artifacts now and it will be a pure waste...

I should record chat just for a minute on PS4 so you can understand what's happening...

It's only : " need hight dps for 12min run CN" "Need tank" "Need DC"

If you don't fit in any of these you can just wait hours in queue that will lead to a party with a 2300 tank that will not wistand Orcus...

God i have to kill him myself alone or with other dps class as a warlock most of the few time i manage to get to the boss...

(please don't go with alliance, most of them left the game with all this bs)

Not all PC players are here for long, and some dont play that much time as the others or have more toons (like me, i have 4 toon to refine stuff)
    I Agree with you 100% we need those 2x Refining weekends ...

(plus get a mount with Wanderer's fortune and some Dragon Hoard enchants, it helps a lot)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The mount Bear with wanderer boonn was my 1st buy in the game, and it wasnt on purpose for refinement stones, back then i did not realise how much you need these.

I enjoyed the first hours playing and back at the time i thought : Free games dont exist so i'm gona buy a mount just no to stay behind my guild farming particules as i always arrived after them and didnt get the particules xD
    Plus when i like a game even free, i buy to support.
    Even when i could download "free"games on pc , i bought the game in the end just to support devs.

It should be that way, you enjoy the content, you naturally support the devs.
    With cryptic it's the opposite, you dont spend because you enjoy the game but just to jump other these damn walls...

something similar hapened with Destiny, a great game design but soon with the sucess they became greedy and killed their game and in the process they lost 80% of players...

Making maximum people pay for a small fee is reasonable... Making it so pricy that only a small amount of players can offord it is a pure non-sense.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I thought 300 zen for 5 keys that I could choose when to take the loot was reasonable and I bought 5 for each of my charters that I play.

If the keys are taken on every chest, for loot I may or may not want, I will not buy the keys unless they are 5 for 100 zen which is approximately the same AD cost as epic keys from the wondrous bazaar.

Even at that price they are not worth the loot in the underdark skirmishes so that content is dead to me unless we can get the timers down a bit on the campaign keys.

TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Any way we can get mod 5 pvp gear/ the old draconic templar gear as earn-able transmutes from a skirmish or something? Would be awesome!
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Part 1
    diloul31 said:

Incorrect. I play on PS4 and follow what's going on on PC to better prep myself and players I play with to what is coming down the line. Neverwinter has been out on PS4 for at least 6 months now (a "few"?).

diloul31 said:

Incorrect. The Twisted set is no longer "top tier", I don't even have a twisted set. Instead of fighting to get into MDemo runs back then I was running Dragonflight, questing and ranking up my gear, artifacts and the Guild I am in. The new relics would allow players who don't yet have BiS weapons to skip going for those and make progress towards a set that is more powerful at rank 1 than rank 45 artifact weapons.

diloul31 said:

Yes (though I have my Artifacts and belt Legendary, everything else is Epic). Are you not in a Guild/Alliance? Being in a Guild and or a Guild within an Alliance alleviates waiting longer periods of time to queue for a dungeon(s). Playing by yourself pretty much substantially increases the time it takes to progress within this game. Making friends and helping each other goes a long way, can clear daily quests in a zone in less than half the time, make your own dungeon groups, share resources, etc. The players that supposedly left pretty much were not cut out for this game, pretty much all they wanted to do was run dungeons (not that there's anything wrong with that) and not put in the effort to keep it going after the key change. There are still tons of players to replace them.

diloul31 said:

What do you mean by efforts ?

I do sharandar/outerdark/dunjeons/skirmish everyday and now icewindale.

What do you want more ?

"Efforts" meaning pretty much anything that you are currently not doing that will help you progress faster than you are now. I have posted a number of examples in previous posts...
    diloul31 said:

Im amazed by how you flip the reality and totally ignore what is obvious...

Our discussion is pointlesd tbh... Your consider us players doing shiit and Cryptic handling everything like it should be.

What is obvious is that players seemingly think Cryptic is forcing them to play their game and is going into their pockets and taking their money, either pay with money or use in-game efforts to fund the progress you want. If you don't "pay" it will take you longer, not as a punishment but as a reality of the game itself (it's an MMO it's SUPPOSED to take a considerable amount of time & effort). However long it takes a F2P player to reach whatever pinnacle(s) is pretty much how long it was intended for it to take. The Zen market allows for shortcuts to be taken, those shortcuts come with a cost that can be paid in $$$ and or AD take your pick. Players that produce considerable amounts of AD can do much more than players that don't within the same time frame.

How do you think free-to-play games stay alive? By giving the players the "selfish" things/changes they want without the option of getting something in return? Ok, let's say Cryptic lowers the requirements to craft keys, the players would be getting what they want, what would Cryptic get, more happy F2P players that "might" spend some money but more than likely won't because they are getting more from the same/less effort than before, where's the trade off?

Players again and again loom that players will spend money if XYZ happens but it isn't guaranteed and in doing business guarantees are what get a lot of attention. All the players that complain(ed) that if keys didn't cost as much more people would buy them will "soon" have the opportunity to have their statements tested when LDK's go down to 250 Zen. If the number of keys bought with real money doesn't go up by a considerable amount then what? Should Cryptic turn a blind eye towards such claims in the future?
    diloul31 said:

It should be that way, you enjoy the content, you naturally support the devs.

With cryptic it's the opposite, you dont spend because you enjoy the game but just to jump other these damn walls...

There are pretty much FAR more F2P's than those that spend money and a number of those F2P players complain all over the forums about a game they themselves are not supporting, the changes they want being ones that will further them being F2P players, not ones that benefit both the players and the developers/publishers. Again, there is NOTHING in the Zen market that is REQUIRED to progress in this game. Anybody willing to bet on this?
    diloul31 said:

Making it so pricy that only a small amount of players can offord it is a pure non-sense.

If a player's only option to get something was to spend real money then that may be true though if those player's can get it some other way(s) then the amount doesn't matter/matters less.

Again, a lot of players feel that 300 Zen is too much for 5 LDK's (it really isn't if you invest in the game effectively). VIP will pay for itself over time and there are great drops to be gotten from epic chests (Thayan Book of the Dead last night, 500k), if players don't want to buy keys then they don't have to, they will just be opting out of an additional chance at something good which is what the dungeon chests essentially are.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Like i said before my friend there is no point to continue this debate with you...

Cryptic are perfect, everything is free and easy to get without throwing our life in the game...

And if you play on PS4 and dont see what's hapening there is no reason to keep talking at all...

You hold the truth and like you said we are just selfish for wanting something in return for our money or time.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Your words, not mine.

I see it as put in the effort required to get the desired result(s), you see it as you are being forced to pay real money in a game that you can earn the same currency in-game with effort.

Just because I don't agree with all of your statements and you all of mine doesn't mean we are not effectively communicating our points of view.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I said i will not continue this debate but let's clear something if you are ok with that .

You keep saying that you can afford everything without money...
    You keep saying that but in fact, you never really say how to to achieve that.
    Someone quote earlier if i'm right you too before with a "such as ?" (meaning how ? )

You want to be honest ?
    List us in details how to achieve the same result without paying anything.
    The same things that took years on pc..

By that i mean:
    - acquire the artifacts feeders or not.
    - acquire the goods enchants ( negation/dread /vorpal ect not the useless ones )
    - the bondings runes
    - all the enchants
    - all the insigna
    - the legion of marks needed to refine
    - the gigantic amount of rp needed to refine artifacts, runes, enchants.
    - the goods pets
    - the goods mounts
    - ect ect. Because i'm sure forgeting other stuff to do.

When you'll prove me that there is an easy way to afford all that in 5 or 6 months with a life ( i mean 8 hours work + transport + wife/kids + house works + friends).
    Then i'll eat my hat.

Otherwise what you are stating make zero sense at all.
    Because even then, you said that if it's too easy to get stuff by being selfish, it kills the f2p...
    But at the same time, you're telling us you can achieve everything with just " play the game".
    So which one it is ?
    Because if the second statement is right, why pay anything at all to cryptic ?
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    araneax said:

diloul31 said:

@Araneax

I like this, thanks for saying it.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I like this, thanks for saying it.

@sundance777
    I am sure plenty of people feel that way.

I am happy with my guild. Before this last key change i finally got back the people who left .
    This change is kinda messing that up.

In the end we are all still here. Aren't we.
    Playing and writting in order to change dev minds, since we like NW and the people we met on this game.
    My guild , i love it.
    People in it are like my second family. I do not wish to leave them. And i do not wish for them to leave the guild.

So what i said. I stand by it. If the ship sinks i am going with it .

• Options
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

When you'll prove me that there is an easy way to afford all that in 5 or 6 months with a life ( i mean 8 hours work + transport + wife/kids + house works + friends).

Then i'll eat my hat.

I will humor you, though I will not go into "too' much detail :wink:

-36k AD on main character (however a player see fit) + 16k on 3 additional characters (bought with AD after the first week) is about 84k AD daily (could squeeze in a few more but will go with 4 for the sake of this example)
    - about 588k in a week
    - about 2.35kk in a month (28 days)

By the end the initial month it would be about 3.07kk AD/month from running a main character (quests, etc.) and 3 other characters
    - 1-2.5 hours a day Monday-Thursday
    - 4+ hours Friday-Sunday
    - 8 hrs of sleep, 8 hrs of work (Monday-Thursday)
    - 5+ hours a day for family, friends, etc.

Here's a rough breakdown of what could be bought/acquired/gained over the first 6 months of Neverwinter's release with the above strategy and not spending a dime:

- About 1.190kk/month AD in sales from the enchanted key opened lockboxes with VIP.
    - About 1.4kk/month in AD sales from professions on one character (1/3 nothing, 1/3 at least 50k, 1/3 100k, all underestimated), 2.9kk on 2 characters (not calculated in), 4.3kk on 3 characters (not calculated in)
    - x4 additional character slots (after the first week)
    - VIP for over 12 months from AD conversion (the first month being covered after about 2 weeks)
    - 3k+ ilvl on main character
    -3 Epic Zen market mounts
    - 2 event epic mounts
    - Multiple Runic bags
    - Multiple Bank/Shared Bank expnaions
    - x3 Bonding runestones from event or bought and ranked up to 10+
    - Utility enchantments bought/ranked up to 12
    - Offense and defense enchants bought with trade bars (R7) and ranked up to 10+ then BiS enchants bought with AD
    - Transcendent Negation (5kk)
    - Transcendent Dread (6kk)
    - x1000 preservation wards (over estimated)
    - x5 Coalescent wards
    - 15 Epic insignia's (between 60k and 120k AD each)
    - All 4 Archons (2kk AD)
    - 5th companion from event
    - x2 BiS Artifacts bought
    - 1 BiS Artifact as a drop from dungeons
    - 1 BiS Class Sigil
    - All campaigns at 100% (Storm King's Thunder at 80%)
    - Various marks from celestial bag, Dread ring, Sharandar, Wondrous Bazaar and professions
    - 2-3+ professions at level 25
    - Enough RP from wanderer's fortune + Dragon's hoard + fey blessing + quartermaster to at least get all artifacts, necklace and belt to Legendary, and weapons to Epic.
    - An active Guild running Dragonflight on weekends and sometimes during the week
    - Guild boons, Guild dungeon runs

I overestimated a number of the costs to compensate for variables like fluctuating AD exchange rate and trade house prices, also didn't calculate in but 1 rare dungeon drop. With the above strategy and the current content arguably it may be "easier" for a brand new player given the Sea of Moving Ice campaigns grants high value items that can be sold and a number of artifacts have dropped in price by over half.

• Options
    Legendary Keys are 250 Zen :wink:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Thanks that exactly what i thought and i supose you know what kind of answers you'll get against this strategy...
    Playing many characters to generate ad and save it..

You are assuming :
    -that verybody own 4 characters when most players struggle with 1 and when they do posses others characters it is mostly mules because bags cost an arm in this game...
    -that everybody on PS4 where hardcore gamers that began the game from day one knowng exactly how the economy works, on what to invest to maximaze profits.
    Avoid all beginners mystakes and even more ... they created new characters from the very beginning to play this strategy...

The reality is that me like many players discovered a free game some weeks after release and even now and they did not jump on wiki and reddit or here to anticipate what to do before playing...

A game is fun when you discover it step by step...
    I made a lot of mystakes when i started and discovering things months after release, that's also part of the fun...

You are basically asking of a new player to invest straight away for multiple characters, vip and play the long and boring farming long run while knowing everything about mechanics in advance like this is even just imaginable...

Honestly, this isnt fair to exept that from us, you realize that right ? ...

In fact this strategy is exactly something that an old pc player knowing the future release on PS4 coming, would anticipate and prepare to dominate ah for exemple ( a little zen could really help from the begining )...

I perfectly undestand this strategy and hey, why not if you have the time and patience ( lets call it this way to not be rude ^^)

Believe me, most of us humans we just can't...

It's absolutely not a pattern that the "casual" players can follow.

It's almost like practicing the game as dayly ritual, a routine implanted in your life...
    Play kinda dayly ok, but not like this...
    Just my opinion, everyone enjoy theirs game like they want , i respect that.

But i really think you should reconize that this is absolutely not viable for most of players and too late anyway...

That said i really apreciate that you took the time to explain, maybe it will help others interested in the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    diloul31 said:

Thanks that exactly what i thought and i supose you know what kind of answers you'll get against this strategy...

Playing many characters to generate ad and save it..

I'm not assuming or expecting anything, especially not players spending money, you asked me how a player could achieve a number of things in 5-6 months without spending a dime and within certain parameters, I pretty much laid it out and now it's something else LoL.

What I did not include (at first) was that the additional characters are covered by the AD gained from the first week and soon after VIP is covered as well, you seemingly overlooked the three sets of numbers I first posted. Taking those numbers and calculating the amounts and comparing it to the Zen prices would have shown that the Zen items I listed as gotten are well within the AD gained from running those characters.

The underlying agenda behind that post is to show people that this game requires considerable amounts of effort to achieve the sizeable progress a number of people expect to be able achieve with "minimal" effort. The items sold on the AH are items produced by professions and are ones that players purchase everyday, you don't have to know what's going on on PC to discover PS4 market trends and or what sells for higher amounts, etc., you just have to look and pay attention.

My definition of "casual" and or "fun" may differ from that of people here which is fine. Going by my example using 4 characters it would take about 6 months, it's safe to assume that running 2 characters would take 12 months, 1 character, 2 years, so you are in part correct about players on PC taking years to achieve a comparable amount though the information shows that utilizing even 2 characters will significantly reduce the overall time. Of course that may require longer play sessions and or number of days of the week played but it's doable which is also part of my point. Buying LDK's running 2 character is quite doable even with the 2nd character pretty much only doing dungeons, add on a lucrative profession or run 1 character and a lucrative profession and a "casual" player (one that doesn't play daily) could buy more LDK's than they could pretty much ever use.

Pretty much any course of play is viable if a player is willing to put in the effort whether it is 1, 2 or more characters.