test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on the Dungeon Key Change

1293031323335»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

@elrondknight and General

Most important? Not really, other aspects of the game that don't require "RNG", yes.

Again, where have I stated how much I play?

It's simple math, and to simply state it, the more you do of "x" (dungeons) and "y" (everything else) will produce "z", some players do all/predominantly "x", little of "y" and consequently produce little "z".

Time invested has an impact though what content in this game has a time limit other than events? With that being stated a number of players act as if they don't go through content immediately it will somehow go away and they would miss out on it.

Some players are continually forcing themselves into unfavorable situations (strict dungeon running) and complaining, whether they like anything else is their choice but there are alternatives and they opt out of them and as a result cannot benefit from them, benefits that would help alleviate the "RNG" woes they state to face.

Casual players don't have to run multiple campaigns/mod content, the amount they run is what is comfortable to them, the content isn't going away anytime soon. When a casual player tries to progress by leaps and bounds whenever they play (without spending money) they should know that the smaller amounts of time they invest into the game will not make that possible and be comfortable with that if they are not willing to invest more time and or spend money. It would be illogical to look at it otherwise.

Dungeons are fine, I run them sometimes and I have come to see that I myself benefit/progress much more by focusing more on other aspects of the game, that is how I go about gaining/progressing and don't fault others for how they do so. Whether I change the minds of anyone matters not to me because the courses of action I and others have suggested for the most part guarantee progress vs. spending time/money obtaining keys and running a dungeon, spending more time and ultimately hoping for a greater return.
    I would love for the dungeoneers to do more things so they would hopefully lessen the amount they have/will burn themselves out with the game. If they don't that's fine, no problem there though when those type of players complain about a hole they dig themselves into and seemingly want the game to be made "easier" for them I don't agree with that and if I choose to I will post that disagreement just like how others that disagree with a post(s) they see do so as well.

I have compiled various amounts of data, information, tested theories, etc., etc. since I began playing this game because that is part of what I enjoy in regard to a game I play. For the first couple of months I did not chat with anyone one, I just collected and tested data, etc. and progressed.

I share some of the information I found/find to be true/beneficial with those that I play with and have shared some of that information here on the forums a number of times though instead of repeating it I tend to "shorthand" it ("do your 2's").

I will not be posting a guide(s) anytime soon for newer or older players though to contribute to the community of Neverwinter I do lend my time and efforts helping players ("newer" for the most part) that are showing effort that they want to progress and join our Guild by showing them what tends to work or not. Those players aren't sitting around waiting for handouts or information to be tossed in their lap and tend to stick around and those are the players I actively seek to help, for everyone else I pretty much only make suggestions.

For one I don't freely share all the information I have gathered, tested and applied with everyone, two, newer players tend to not read the in-game information that CLEARLY presents what to do next, etc., etc. and three, a number of older players (in regard to play time) are often stuck in "dungeon" mode so why would either read it? Two and three are not the reasons I don't/won't but rather reinforce why I do not.

There is plenty of information already posted in plenty of places so if players want to see it they can look for it.

You have this weird sensitivity about how much you play the game. It's really no one else's business... but, if you have been playing the game long enuff to reach level 70, you get a feel for how long certain tasks take. Doing the 2's for example... takes between 45 - 90 minutes, depending on Item Level (& queue wait times) per toon. So even if you are only running the 2 free toons that every player gets... you are playing for at least 90 minutes - up to 2 - 3 hours per day. & then there is the guild contributions. Even BiS toons have to run around the map. 5 mins per small HE ( for influence) + ~2mins run time = 30 mins. in addition to any side quests you may do for the NPC's. And then there is the statement that you do enuff boon tasks to generate several keys per week in the different mod areas. WoD's takes, at minimum, 3 weekly events (cult prison, drake pens & the thayan reservoir) to complete enuff tasks for a key. Or you can choose to do he's... if you can find enuff people to do them. Sharandar, Dread ring, & underdark have similar requirements. even if you are only doing one zone per day, that adds at minimum 25 - 45 mins. to your play time. Oh. I almost forgot. You also play the market. Which requires you to research a certain number of items to see which are selling at any given time. Even if you have a list of let's say a dozen ( 2 -3 dozen is more likely) items you keep track of... it still adds time to the list of dailies. Please don't insult my intelligence by claiming to be a casual player.

Speaking of casual players, and disappearing content... You are right that the content probably won't go anywhere. The dev's have removed some content, but sometimes it comes back. You are wrong that anyone will be able to run any given content when they are "ready" for it. Next time you are in the WoD farming for keys check out the zone chat. There are lots of players begging for Tiamat runs. In Icewind dale they beg for biggrins tomb. I don't spend enuff time in the underdark, but I would be willing to bet that the demo runs are suffering the same fate. I haven't even started Mod 10 content... but i'm sure i'll have no problems finding people to run with when I get there, y'think? :wink:

As for the information that you choose to share, that is your choice. You might want to consider though, that if you are going to advise other players on how they should play the game, without sharing any of the shortcuts that you have found in order to make that possible... it is unlikely that any of your advise will be taken. It's a bit like giving someone a recipe which consists only of a list of ingredients. Without years of cooking experience, the person attempting to use such a recipe will have no clue as to the proper proportions, and is far more likely to produce an inedible mess, than a delicious cake. It truly is a sad state of affairs when it is easier to find useful advise on YouTube, produced by players that are literally playing the game to make their living, than it is to get help talking to actual players.

somi is different. you see a lot ofpeople looking for msva and sva and fbi but no one is looking for help for dailies or weeklies.
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

araneax said:

Well... if we look at it from that side.
    How many mods was PoM broken again ?
    You could not reach gold. What did rank mean then ?
    Throne was bugged too. For half a mod.

Some players indeed overlooked it. And stil do. I wonder why.

@araneax What it meant then was even with those Skirmishes being bugged players were still able to get +5 rings while Bronze/Silver still granted different amounts of Demonic Ichor, Faerzress and Seal of Elements and each rank still does "today" and also players are still overlooking the other rewards as they did back then.
    The collection of the currencies can only take you so far.
    Right now though you can make keys for Faerzress.
    That currency was useless after you got twisted weapons for all of your alts.
    And the underdark underwear.
    Demonic Ichor was the same.
    Seal of the Elements ...

Do you remember the time when salvaging a blue alliance gear did not give you just 2.2 k but much more ?
    How about the purple elven gear ? It was worth much more too.

But as with all the scaling / nerfing they did. That had to be changed too.
    Since it is horrible to earn money by salvaging.
    It defeats the perp. of the game.. ..... or something like that, as i have heard.
    It is not like you can buy one epic key for 2.2 k.

Frankly , most of the currencies where useless before this change, after you finished your campg. there was no point in collecting them, except the Sharandar , for points. ( newer change )
    This we can agree on.

And while i do like the fact currencies can be used for the perp of making keys.

The amount of time to grind them, the amount of time to make them, again does not scale with the prizes you receive in the end.

For me there is no point in doing skirmish. Except for the daily 2 k of AD for doing it.
    I would rather do Edemo , where my chances to actually get a +5 are much higher.

Just like the new skirmish and the new + 4 gear for the companions.
    It is a myth for my guild.
    No one has seen one yet.
    We heard it exist, but just like unicorns it is a mythic thing ...a legend for the ages.
    Only the chosen few can receive it .
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    They announced a gigantic increase in +5 rings dropping, and I got two in the first week of the change (PVP rings I don't really want). Since then there's been a drastic drop off, I have not seen a +5 ring this month and do reg. demo about 3 times a day on average. We did 6 mdemos last night as a guildy maxed crit and was trying for a brutality +4 or +5 to drop some crit. Nobody got one, that's 120 chances at a +5, best drop is an HR running relic gear got a twisted piece, LOL. I think it's very misleading to announce this new huge drop increase and not announce changes to it. I wish I remember the dev who came out and said he upped the drop chances as @mimicking#6533 said in the stream he doesn't do the forums so calling him out is a waste of time. I'd like to know the revised number, a number of us were using dragon keys last night.
  • trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    araneax said:

Seal of the Elements ...

Faerzress > Guild Vouchers and or Rough AD...
    Demonic Ichor > Underdark undergarments for newer characters/players in the Guild...
    Seal of the Elements > Gear to be salvaged...

araneax said:

Do you remember the time when salvaging a blue alliance gear did not give you just 2.2 k but much more ?

It defeats the perp. of the game.. ..... or something like that, as i have heard.

I do remember that time though what I remember more is when I would see more players AFK farming Skirmishes and Demonic Encounters.

Those players were able to get same items to salvage (for a higher amount back then) with little to no effort and help fund whatever it is they wanted so stating that the salvage nerf was just to or predominantly to punish legitimate players is a bit absurd. After the nerf they have to "leech" even more than before to get the same result, yes legitimate players got hit as well there's no denying that though sometimes the ends justify the means, at least to some extent. This is not some "official" observation, it's a "side effect" of that particular change.

Now the cost for a key(s) means something, something that not many cared about before because they could peek into as many chests as they wanted before using it and now they are consumed upon opening the chest. One 5k key could net much more than that back then and be replaced from salvaging 1-2 pieces of gear ("leeching" players especially). Now the same 5k keys have the same capacity to produce a higher yield but more than likely more than one key is necessary.

araneax said:

Frankly , most of the currencies where useless before this change, after you finished your campg. there was no point in collecting them, except the Sharandar , for points. ( newer change )

Guild Vouchers...

If a Guild is not Rank 20 (back then) and the Guilds within the Alliance are not Rank 20 (currently) vouchers will definitely have use in the game. How many Guilds/Alliances are/have ALL Rank 20 Guilds? I'll wait...

--+-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+ +-~* *~-+--

From interacting with a number of players, browsing the forums, etc. I see a LOT of players seemingly consciously overlooking the "multiplayer" portion of "massively multiplayer online game" for whatever reason(s). A number of statements here and other threads, messages, etc. if held up to a "community" and or collective light would burn away before you could hold it up all the way.

This is not a "critique" on players wanting to do/achieve things for themselves in general, it is a statement about those that use the "multiplayer" experience solely/predominantly for their own gains at the cost of others. It is also a statement about the players who wish/want for various changes that would on one end produce particular results and care very little if at all about on the other end it reinforcing "leeching" players.

It would be similar to if every time a person/group (legitimate players) got a raise (for example a lower time to produce Greater Demonic keys) at work inflation ("leeching" players) went up, they wouldn't be able to truly benefit from the raise itself yet their tax bracket (trade house competition including "leeching" players) would go up as well. IMO "leeching" players are the reason, at least in part as to why we can't have nice things, every time we are to benefit, they would as well and at times arguably more than us.

Here are some threads suggesting changes that would limit/eliminate how much "leeching" players could benefit from the game, even if these are not the "answer" reducing/eliminating the amount those negative players can benefit off the effort of others through various means will improve the game/community overall and help show players that their efforts are worthwhile. When negative players can't benefit or benefit much less other possible changes can easily be introduced to benefit/"reward" legitimate players (key creation time reduction, etc.) because there would be less/no dead weight from "leeching" players to stain them.

ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    araneax said:

araneax said:

Well... if we look at it from that side.
    How many mods was PoM broken again ?
    You could not reach gold. What did rank mean then ?
    Throne was bugged too. For half a mod.

Some players indeed overlooked it. And stil do. I wonder why.

@araneax What it meant then was even with those Skirmishes being bugged players were still able to get +5 rings while Bronze/Silver still granted different amounts of Demonic Ichor, Faerzress and Seal of Elements and each rank still does "today" and also players are still overlooking the other rewards as they did back then.
    Seal of the Elements ...

This we can agree on.

And while i do like the fact currencies can be used for the perp of making keys.

The amount of time to grind them, the amount of time to make them, again does not scale with the prizes you receive in the end.

For me there is no point in doing skirmish. Except for the daily 2 k of AD for doing it.
    I would rather do Edemo , where my chances to actually get a +5 are much higher.

Just like the new skirmish and the new + 4 gear for the companions.
    It is a myth for my guild.
    No one has seen one yet.
    We heard it exist, but just like unicorns it is a mythic thing ...a legend for the ages.
    Only the chosen few can receive it .
    I actually have gotten one of the +4 comp rings from illusionist gambit. I think I salvaged it because it was bound to account & worth less than the dread ring ring I was using. I'll double check & post a screenshot if I still have it.

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

They announced a gigantic increase in +5 rings dropping, and I got two in the first week of the change (PVP rings I don't really want). Since then there's been a drastic drop off, I have not seen a +5 ring this month and do reg. demo about 3 times a day on average. We did 6 mdemos last night as a guildy maxed crit and was trying for a brutality +4 or +5 to drop some crit. Nobody got one, that's 120 chances at a +5, best drop is an HR running relic gear got a twisted piece, LOL. I think it's very misleading to announce this new huge drop increase and not announce changes to it. I wish I remember the dev who came out and said he upped the drop chances as @mimicking#6533 said in the stream he doesn't do the forums so calling him out is a waste of time. I'd like to know the revised number, a number of us were using dragon keys last night.

Yeah, it really feels like they crippled the loot-table a lot after the first week or so, I got a total of 4 +5 rings within the first two weeks of the key change, running M/demo on lots of alts and using up the stacked keys.

3 of them was (almost) useless, got a +5 Rising Power which was nice, but haven't got anything after that, while still running 4-5 M/demo/UD skirmishes a day...

Also got a lot of Energons from Dread ring, Mounts, Artifacts & Companions in different dungeons on alts in the first weeks, but pretty much nothing lately, so my feeling is that something has changed for the worse...
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    surely no ninja nerf without something in the patch notes
  • ravnazrael1ravnazrael1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Been frustrated lately with drop rate of legendary marks from mSVA on PS4.. must of gone through hundreds and hundreds of legendary dragon keys and still dont have one of the relic weapons to legendary. More importantly I havent gotten a single saleable item from the chests. I have gotten account bound mounts, artifacts etc, but none of that helps recoup the cost of the keys. I dont spend $ on this game so I spend my time grinding and its just really disheartening lately..
  • djjimmy#9587 djjimmy Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just found out I am over level for some areas and are no longer able to finish several campaigns. I was so busy helping in getting quests done for my strong hold and turning in the dungeon crystals and getting the big xp rewards. I didn't realize I could not complete these campaigns due to being over leveled. Ice Spire Peak for instance, why are the quests now hidden? Why not reduce my level to area so that I can complete the quests? Like in Neverdeath, my level is reduced and I can roam around and fight the baddies and still complete quests.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I just found out I am over level for some areas and are no longer able to finish several campaigns. I was so busy helping in getting quests done for my strong hold and turning in the dungeon crystals and getting the big xp rewards. I didn't realize I could not complete these campaigns due to being over leveled. Ice Spire Peak for instance, why are the quests now hidden? Why not reduce my level to area so that I can complete the quests? Like in Neverdeath, my level is reduced and I can roam around and fight the baddies and still complete quests.

You can still finish the content, even tho u r over level. I didn't finish ice spire peak until I was lvl 70

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Devs, STOP being tightwads, it is suppose to be a Fun game! Enough with RNG! havent you read so many players posted on getting frustrated by running over and over to get nothing? or you seem dont care. it would make players tightening thier wallets more secure than Fort Knox.
    players seem no longer believing what Devs said and promises broken too many times, and we hate bait switching stunts.
  • nyasin#6505 nyasin Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @strumslinger said:
    > Hey All!
    >
    > The Developers took your feedback into consideration and have released a Developer Blog to detail all of the changes to the originally announced Key Changes.
    > Please read through it and use this thread to provide us with any feedback you have!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The following message is here for archive purposes.
    > The Developer Blog is the most up to date source of information regarding the Dungeon Key Change as of Jan 30, 2017:
    >
    > As you may have heard, we recently announced, and put up on Preview, a new system for dungeon keys wherein viewing rewards would no longer be an option without using the key. Then you spoke to us: loudly, clearly and - amazingly so and in many ways - that this breaks something in the game that you have relied upon. A fail safe for checking to see if you are going to use your keys on loot - at least loot that is a return on investment on the key and time in the dungeon. Our forward looking goal has always been to be able to create better rewards tables in those (and other) chests, but we needed to secure the dungeon chest system first. We totally put the cart before the horse here. We’re all sorry for the heartache such a half move has caused.
    >
    > What good is first change without the second part?! I think you all were pretty clear on that, and you are right! When I’m reading on the forums that Aulduron opened 1,000 chests and used only a dozen keys on rewards he liked, this made me get my team really looking into the bigger issue here. The Rewards. Not just the rewards but the percentage chances of getting them.
    >
    > We hear you. I hear you. We are going to fix this.
    >
    > So, here’s what we are going to do. We are pulling back the dungeon key change for our upcoming update, Sea of Moving Ice, and scheduling time to evaluate and rebuild the rewards for the dungeon chests. This change will still happen, but when it does it will be with better rewards and a much better chance of actually getting the chase loot. Once the change is in, the plan is to schedule updates to these rewards each major expansion so that there is reason to revisit the dungeons.
    >
    > With that in mind, we would love to hear from you. What do you want to see in your Dungeon chests? I’m serious about this. Your feedback is important. Reply in this post!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Thomas “Mimic King” Foss
  • nyasin#6505 nyasin Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry to post this here, but I am stuck. I can log in but apart from getting in I cant actually play it is getting annoying
  • excalibur1980excalibur1980 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    After the key system changed, if fact i get some bound artifacts, mounts and companions. After new mod RD i see nothing!!!! only spend keys for +3 rings and rank 5 stones. This game is lost, people are geting tired of this. Now it's just like before you lost your's keys and can't choose if you can use it.