test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• oflowzoflowz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree that there needs to be a change in the votekick system. I understand there needs to be a votekick because sometimes people disconnect or are causing disruptive behavior. I play on Xbox One and have started farming my tier 1 set and I notice vote kicks *all* the time. I play a healer so I usually never have trouble finding groups. The vote kicks I normally see are initiated by people to get other players that might want 'their' gear kicked from the group.

But heres the scenario I encountered last night that really kinda pissed me off.

I ran Epic Throne of Idris, got all the way to the end and killed the final boss. The boss dropped an epic neck and a piece I couldnt use. I needed the neck because it was an upgrade for me. Some other guy in the group gets mad that I win the roll so he gets his friends to initiate a vote kick before I can loot the chest at the end of the dungeon. I basically run to the chest open it and I see the tier 1 chest pop up my screen. I was pretty happy because thats the item I really wanted anyway. But before I could loot the chest I basically get removed from the group with a vote kick.

The frustrating part is it used my epic dungeon key and I wasnt able to get my chest item. It basically happened because some guy was mad I won a roll earlier in the dungeon and got 'his' loot, so he got his guildmates in the party to vote kick me AFTER the final boss was already dead.

If you are going to fix anything at least make it so you cant be vote kicked after the final boss of a dungeon has been killed. That was just plain wrong and pretty rude.
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just give everyone gear in the dung from each boss drop=less kicking because they have no no reason 2 then.
  • daimyondaimyon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2015
    I play a healer, and recently I've noticed the game putting me in groups that already have a cleric healing. It's rather annoying because I know there are groups out there without a healer, but no, I have to endure countless vote kicks because people don't realize that clerics can also provide some massive damage buffs and various enemy debuffs while another cleric heals. I guess this game's meta just isn't setup for buffing and debuffing, so people aren't used to it.
  • mattymforummattymforum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We are all surely sick to the bone of being kicked for no reason, and even more so when you know somethings dropped..

Currently we can only 5 man dungeon, we aren't able to solo or progress by ourselves without someone joining.
    How can we fix this?

- Have a set role finding system.
    For instance 3 dps, 1 healer, 1 tank.
    ( you'd have to be able to select which roles you can que for cos certain classes can dps or tank/heal)

- Not allow the ability to kick if a person is pulling there wweight.
    ( active, and doing wat should be doing)

- A kick needs a real reasoN

- Kicks can only be initiated every so often often. And abuse can lead to a ban on queuing.

- A "goodwill" system were each player has a reputation.
    And certain groups can look for players in that reputation range.

All other ideas are welcome.

Let's make this game better for everyone else to play!!!
  • snake3y3s00snake3y3s00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dunno the whole vote kicking in this game plus the ridiculously low drop rates of items and the incessant grind every day to try and achieve stuff plus the ridiculous cost of 750,000 diamonds to upgrade a blue companion to purple JUST RIDICULOUS and the enchantment upgrade sytem is just too costly . you either have to grind every day of your life for hours and then this game becomes a job lol or you have to spend a lot of dough. I think I am done its time for a new game. too grindy and to much vote kicking has destroyed this game.
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The reputation thing, just exactly what we need, but will trolls trash ur rep? Most likely. Great ideas tho
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the reputation bit, maybe even just show how many times they have started a voted to kick and agreed to a kick, this way people could decide if they want to take a chance with high kick rate player and if not KICK THEM!

Ok sometimes you will need to kick but aslong as you are not kicking all the time your kick rate will be low!
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea of a reputation system in theory, but ask yourself this - xbox profiles used to have a rep system. How many times did give someone bad rep for something you felt they did that pissed you off? Fair enough. But how many times did you actually bother to give someone good rep? I'd wager it was hardly ever. I never remember to do it, because I probably rarely remembered to look up who it was that helped make the experience a good one. Maybe just me, but I'd wager many were the same. We were more likely to get said people into a party and maybe friend request, but I never even remembered to give my friends positive rep. Just sayin.

A lot of what you ask for OP could be hard to quantify, therefore hard to program. How can the Devs possibly program something to determine whether you are "pulling your weight" or "playing as intended" for example? It's a great idea, just not practical I'm afraid. S

Some of the other suggestions, such as a required reason (perhaps a drop down menu that has to be chosen and that also informs kicked player as to why) and restrictions on how often kicks can happen most surely should be implemented.
  • ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I prefer my idea letting people know how often someone in a group kicks as it gives the players an option whether to risk it with them or not, it also punishes constant kickers as no one would want to group up with them. Surely its cant be hard to code in a rating of how much you kick?
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We had a role system. But too many people complained about queues taking too long. Now they don't take nearly as long. but if you're not a DC/Tank you're likely to get kicked if you don't have one in your party.
  • theapostletheapostle Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ancojo wrote: »
    I prefer my idea letting people know how often someone in a group kicks as it gives the players an option whether to risk it with them or not, it also punishes constant kickers as no one would want to group up with them. Surely its cant be hard to code in a rating of how much you kick?

I'm with this idea. The only reason I kick is if someone DC'd and doesn't come back after a few minutes. But make it for the group though, not individuals.
  • simonicxsimonicx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why is this even still an issue?

I'm a healing DC. Just completed an epic Caverns of Karrundax. I jumped in near the middle as the group was disbanding -- 3 slots opened up, 3 people joined, and kicked the other DPS. Another joined. We completed the dungeon without issue. Killed the last boss, and while cleaning up the residual adds -- the wave of vote kicks happened. I had noticed earlier, but didn't think of it, 3 players were from the same guild. So, once all the "hard work" was completed, they kicked everyone who wasn't in their guild. Since adds were still up -- couldn't loot the chest. So, I essentially wasted about an hour of my time with nothing to show for it. The fear of kicking shouldn't even exist after the final boss has been defeated.

Why are you even allowed to kick after the final boss has been defeated? It would simply take a relatively small chunk of code to tie in disabling the kicking system if loot chest has "spawned."

And, for the overall kicking problem -- while I don't always like to relate things in terms of WoW, they redesigned a lot in terms of "bring the player, not the class." As it stands now -- it is bring the class, but not exactly more than 1 of said class. You could further alter the queuing system by allowing the selection of a healer/tank/dps role. This queue and kicking system is extremely outdated, and can be downright frustrating.
  • lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ancojo wrote: »

No that particular idea doesn't seem like it should be hard to implement. I've seen similar ratings in sports games regarding how likely a person is to disconnect from a match, and they have been helpful in determining whether to bother or not since you couldn't get credit for a win unless your opponent played the match out. It won't always tell the whole story, but repeat offenders will at least be easier to spot.
  • mattymforummattymforum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what I mean with the "pulling there weight" is possibly having calculators in the game you can access at any point in time or at every camp spot.

The calculations that are shown at the end of each dungeon currently such as damage and heals.

ADDITIONALLY, a possible leaderboard were it shows what a player normally pulls in a certain dungeon.
    For example of a player averages out 15m damage per run, people wouldn't kick Him/her.

But if he/she is averaging 5-6m you can do the calculations in your head that this guy's a 16k GS Rouge, yet this dudes a slacker.
  • monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its better to be stuck with no kick option, and you have a chouce to.leave, then it is to allow the abuse of the system

The randomness and quickness it exactlt what it is..random..you shpuld be stuck with who you enter into..or you can leave

DISABLE THE KICK SYSTEM

Why even bother playing??

This whole game is nothing but cheaters
  • danyenginedanyengine Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is difficult for me to explain it in english, but I try to do the best.
    I think that the best way to let the party kick a player or not is to refer to the "classification of the players" at that time. The designers of the game have a lot of data to manage to do it well. I try to do an example that could be studied, depth and perfected.
    For example if I could decide, I would do this:
    1) If a player is first, second or third in the (damage OR damage obtained OR cure) AND he is not immobilized from art least 45 seconds, he can not be kicked.
    2) If a player is disconnected for more than 2 minutes, he is automatically kicked out
    3) If there is a Drop in a boss area, a player can not be kicked untill the drop has been attribuited.
    and so on .... going in depth. I think it is the right way.
  • theroniest87theroniest87 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well it seems like being near elections, we are the opposition that want the kicking system fixed and the majority(not really) are so eager to show us that we're wrong! In the end the world is full of backstabbers, I don't expect nth else of them!
  • snake3y3s00snake3y3s00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Simple solution here disable the vote kicking system totally until a better system can be worked out because something needs to be done now this cheating and loot and booting must end or this game will be a lost cause and memory in most of our minds.
  • bodidharmabodidharma Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The problem isnt the kicking option, it is the stupid greedy childs who is the problem.just dont kick people at 1% of boss fight...if u think the group is not gonna make it, kick at the beginnig of the dungeon so people dont lose their time. And if you could only enter a dungeon with a tank a healer and 3 dps it would make us save time because i often join a group that as already another tank and get kicked again and again.And if you end up with 1 tank and 4 dps then you kick the lowest GS dps and wait for a healer to show up, so you kick about 5 dps in a row before you actually get a healer. I know you dont always need a healer or a tank but if they could implant that a group is only made out of 1 tank 1 healer and 3 dps it would save us time.
  • fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are many reasons people "need to kick" it seems, of which I am sure there is a fair population of folks who don't agree with the need to kick.

I see people calling low GS dps. But what indication do they have in game on the damage these folks have done? (I haven't seen anything beyond the last score board but I could be missing something.)

Not the right class balance. This is equally rubbish, if a group has got through all the encounters to a point, then class balance is irrelevant surely.

Need a healer/tank. I have done plenty of epics successfully without either of those, and just as much with them.

Overall this game is great because it doesn't conform 100% to the holy trinity of Tank/Heal/Damage, and that is refreshing (except when you tanking as a TR) something that should be embraced.

There are a couple of solutions that should be considered:
    1) Limit the number of V2K a character/account can initiate.
    2) if a Player is V2K'd, allow them a feedback response to mods, if they feel it is unfair, then perhaps the initiator's V2K option is blocked for X dungeons/days.
    3)Increase the number of votes required, perhaps making it 4? If the party is smaller than 5 V2K can't be initiated.

It also goes without saying that characters should not be kicked during boss fights nor for a minute post the fight to allow loot.
  • sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you guys are tired of us posting about it – imagine how we feel having to deal with it.
  • tristan313tristan313 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know if it's been said before, but if they had some kind of team generator with filters like they do the auction house...

Looking for:

Slot 1: (YOU) as X class

Slot 2: CW

Slot 3: GF

Slot 4: TR

Slot 5: DC

Dungeon or Skirmish Name:

Specify level, hell, maybe even down to the Paragon path, if that means so much to you. Then alternately, people who just want to join "queues" will be put in a pool. The pool matches viable community members to your requested queues/missions, and you'll be given an option to move on after X minutes after if you're still short a person. People in the queue pool can maybe choose from a set of 3-5 missions/skirms they want to do. Obviously, remove the kick option. Probably needs a lot more refining and background programming magic to make it work reliably, but these kick horror stories are really getting me down. I'm amazed that the people who have all the rules don't already have guilds so they can take themselves and their friends onto runs that are perfectly controlled with members you've played with, and who probably don't mind using the alt character class you really want in your party. And if you're in guilds, why are you still picking up randoms and kicking them for not being what you want when you have an entire team of players and their alts to request help from?
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    The vote kicking, how does it work? just how many votes are actually needed in a party of four or five?
  • yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think someone said it earlier, the problem is not necessarily the mechanic of vote kicking, it is those people in the community who exploit it.

There will always be a need to remove people from your party for legitimate reasons:
    - Someone leaves for whatever reason (real life issues, disconnects etc.). You need to replace them. You find a friend or guildie to replace them but the spot keeps getting filled by randoms. So you kick the randoms
    - Someone leaves for the same reason and you need to replace them like-for-like (tank for tank, healer for healer). Randoms keep taking the spot, you kick the randoms.
    - Someone is almost permanently AFK. You need to replace them.

If we didn't have vote kick, how would you go about replacing people? Have the party leader do it? Submit an in-game ticket for some kind of in-game moderator (dungeonmaster in keeping with the D&D theme?) if such a person were to actually exist?

Its not the legitimate cases that most folks seem to have a problem with though, its the illegitimate ones, where players are being kicked with 5% of a boss to go, or get kicked after the boss is dead, but are unable to retrieve their chest rewards.

I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to disable the ability to remove people whilst in combat. If you are making a conscious choice to change the party makeup, then wipe, reset out of combat, kick who you want to kick, and start again with the new full party.

I've never been kick after boss death, but before chest claim, so I don't know exactly what happens, but surely some kind of timer could be implemented, so that after being kicked from the party, you can still interact with the instance, loot your chest etc. Would have thought you could also bind the chest to the players who killed the boss at the point of boss death, so kicking someone and inviting someone new means the new person can't see the chest. Also means the person who was there for the kill and got kicked, can go back in the instance and claim the reward. This way you'd prevent an exploit where people could just keep inviting people in, loot the chest, kick them, invite someone else, loot the chest, kick them etc. You'd also have to bind the player to the instance and have some kind of instance reset timer a la WoW.

Bit of a ramble, anyway - you have to treat the cause, not the symtom. The cause being greedy/lazy people who want others to do their work for them, but take all the credit. Not being able to kick in combat, and binding chests to players who kill the boss does that, whilst still retaining vote kick for legitimate uses.

Admitedly, you could still kick someone who has spent 2 hours clearing the dungeon prior to the final boss, which would still suck, but I can't think of a way to prevent that.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I ran into my first kick last night and it DOES feel crummy. I have leveled up all 7 classes now to 60 just to avoid doing Dungeons for fear of the kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that goes on. Well last night I was feeling froggy so I jumped into a Throne of Idris group on my Templock. It was 4 DPS one of which was another Lock and then me. The group must not have realized that I was a healer type or maybe it was personal because I was a second lock but I was kicked at the last boss. Funny enough I re-queued and was put right back into that team and I guess they didnt realize because they started the boss and we walked through it pretty easy. Since technically I was there the whole Dungeon when I looked at the post game wrap up I healed for almost 4 mil and was 3rd in damage (of course the 16k GS rouge was number 1, why he was even in this Dungeon ill never know)

My point - Had I not re-queued and been put back into that group I would not have gotten the piece of gear I was missing and wanting from that Dungeon. And to be kicked for no obvious reason right at the last boss is just ignorant and very discouraging. I am not sure I want to do any more Dungeons with the current ability to just randomly get the boot for nothing. Its silly and very childish to say the least.

Anyways that's my story. I just hope this gets fixed some how some way and soon. There are several Dungeons I have yet to experience and would love to at least once.
  • atlas77777atlas77777 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To the developers - how hard is it to make it so players can't be kicked DURING the final boss fight? If they don't realize this is an issue, then they have no idea what's going on in their game.

I like this game, but this boot and loot culture is going to ruin the game for a lot of people. Some of us have the luxury of running full teams at all times, but most will not. Fix it, devs, or lose a large portion of your player base.
    -Rex, the Mad King of [Legendary Outlaws]

"I saw you out there. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let you die. I found something inside of myself, something incredibly heroic. I mean, not to brag, but objectively..." -Peter Quill

Rex IV Tact GF | tRex SS Rene CW | GT: G3TxxS0M3
  • yhugdfjkyhugdfjk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    simonicx wrote: »
    Why is this even still an issue?

I'm a healing DC. Just completed an epic Caverns of Karrundax. I jumped in near the middle as the group was disbanding -- 3 slots opened up, 3 people joined, and kicked the other DPS. Another joined. We completed the dungeon without issue. Killed the last boss, and while cleaning up the residual adds -- the wave of vote kicks happened. I had noticed earlier, but didn't think of it, 3 players were from the same guild. So, once all the "hard work" was completed, they kicked everyone who wasn't in their guild. Since adds were still up -- couldn't loot the chest. So, I essentially wasted about an hour of my time with nothing to show for it. The fear of kicking shouldn't even exist after the final boss has been defeated.

Why are you even allowed to kick after the final boss has been defeated? It would simply take a relatively small chunk of code to tie in disabling the kicking system if loot chest has "spawned."

And, for the overall kicking problem -- while I don't always like to relate things in terms of WoW, they redesigned a lot in terms of "bring the player, not the class." As it stands now -- it is bring the class, but not exactly more than 1 of said class. You could further alter the queuing system by allowing the selection of a healer/tank/dps role. This queue and kicking system is extremely outdated, and can be downright frustrating.

so your ok with it because you weren't kicked?????????????
  • saleeeeeesaleeeeee Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes there is a reason to kick but to fix the boss kicks it's pretty easy. Dev make it where when your inside the boss area and after(5mins etc) than there is no kicking. It's pretty easy fix. To those that said no kicking your out of your mind. Every mmo has one it's simple when you have to much of one class, looking for friend to join, or need a certain class. Get over the idea no kicking won't happen. The kicking during boss is dirty and should be reported if possible but can be fixed pretty easy.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a brand new thread, which documents the major known issues for Neverwinter on Xbox One. I'll update these as they come and go.

Vote kick issue: To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed. That being said, we are well aware and are going to fix it ASAP.

Chat spam: This one is also frustrated and will be addressed/fixed ASAP.

Greater Bag of Holding not at Rewards Claim Agent: This will be fixed very very very soon.

Item Inventory Black Holes: Currently addressing this as well.

Server Lag: We're always looking into improving the performance of Neverwinter with each patch.

I'd like to state that these are NOT all the known issues, but the major ones.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?945471-Xbox-One-Known-Issues

There is hope on the horizon!
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • xidollyixxidollyix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    5 times now I have run castle never epic from start to finish. Beating the boss and leading in damage as I should with a tr. only to be kicked because the spymasters dagger drops. Keeping in mind I am the only one in the group everytime that can even use the gear. These people that kick like that are the scum of the earth and have no business being in the game. Everytime you report the players or ask to restitution for the hours you are robbed of, nothing ever happens. It's a joke and pretty pathetic.
This discussion has been closed.