What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• Options
    theroniest87theroniest87 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So funny hahahhaha How hard is programming? Of course we fkin know otherwise we would be doing it don't you think? But that doesn't mean its an excuse, if you don't have the talent for it just find another job! And this should be the same for any dev not only the ones that created this game!
  • Options
    strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you're saying that someone who is completely ignorant as to how the process works is the one that should dictate how the process works? Makes sense. I say we make you the boss. No way they could fail then.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    lorespadelorespade Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here is my theory. They will be releasing pc content on xbox. In that content is fixes to our issues. But they cant release it yet becouse it would crash our economy ingame. So they have to wait to bring it onlne in section with much needed fixes lay in those coded versions. I feel if we wait awhile we will have a fully fixed game. Dont let the issues that we have now destroy the current norm. It will be fixed. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Oh ok then so for every problem we just say its fine cause its hard for them so we can even support them for their hard bugged job! Is that what you're saying? Tell me mate why do people spend money so that devs can be excused cause its hard to do their job? If its like that then yes I'm might try programming too and hopefully ill have a lot of customers like you!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You do realize the game has only been out for 2 months on console right? And that this company isn't even a fraction as big as you seem to think it is. I'm not saying you're wrong in that the issues need to be fixed. I'm saying that expecting any company to fix what you want fixed in the time you want it fixed isn't just about doing a good job. Even for the best companies in the world they would look at you and laugh at that request. They are most definitely not doing a job that is anywhere near as good as a big budget company or with a big budget game. You fail to realize this isn't a big budget game or company. If you wanted a big budget experience then move to another game. What your asking IS unreasonable based on the resources that are being used.

Obviously this game has its downfalls we all know that but expecting anyone even the worlds most advanced technical companies to fix this many issues in the amount of time that you believe it should be fixed is just you being ignorant or arrogant with a low budget games comes low budget struggles. You don't play goat simulator and then go off the rails demanding bug fixes do you?
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You do realize the game has only been out for 2 months on console right? And that this company isn't even a fraction as big as you seem to think it is. I'm not saying you're wrong in that the issues need to be fixed. I'm saying that expecting any company to fix what you want fixed in the time you want it fixed isn't just about doing a good job. Even for the best companies in the world they would look at you and laugh at that request. They are most definitely not doing a job that is anywhere near as good as a big budget company or with a big budget game. You fail to realize this isn't a big budget game or company. If you wanted a big budget experience then move to another game. What your asking IS unreasonable based on the resources that are being used.

Obviously this game has its downfalls we all know that but expecting anyone even the worlds most advanced technical companies to fix this many issues in the amount of time that you believe it should be fixed is just you being ignorant or arrogant with a low budget games comes low budget struggles. You don't play goat simulator and then go off the rails demanding bug fixes do you?
    +10 points for referencing Goat Simulator.
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    Yes, this game has been out for two months on Console. Chill out people. Wait, its been out for 2 years on PC.... Maybe some of these issues should have been expected. Here is a small issue for an example.

Chat. Xbox you cannot toggle chat tabs on or off. PC you can. I'm no programmer, but really? Can't do the same for console? As we do not have keyboards the chat system is already a pain, but not being able to stop the text scroll or toggle channels off makes it near impossible.

For goat simulator, even the devs said, bugs will not be fixed as it adds enjoyment and funny moments to gameplay. They know the bugs, they want them. So comparing this to goat simulator, as funny as it is, is ludicrous.

The F2P issue. Needs more money to work on servers. Yes its F2P. Doesn't mean they are not making huge amounts of cash. Probably upwards of $1000 a day, lowballing. For every person that doesn't pay, there is one who will. Some pay upwards of $400. This game probably makes more money then most Buy to play games that doesn't have a in game market. So get real.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yes, this game has been out for two months on Console. Chill out people. Wait, its been out for 2 years on PC.... Maybe some of these issues should have been expected. Here is a small issue for an example.

Chat. Xbox you cannot toggle chat tabs on or off. PC you can. I'm no programmer, but really? Can't do the same for console? As we do not have keyboards the chat system is already a pain, but not being able to stop the text scroll or toggle channels off makes it near impossible.

For goat simulator, even the devs said, bugs will not be fixed as it adds enjoyment and funny moments to gameplay. They know the bugs, they want them. So comparing this to goat simulator, as funny as it is, is ludicrous.

The F2P issue. Needs more money to work on servers. Yes its F2P. Doesn't mean they are not making huge amounts of cash. Probably upwards of $1000 a day, lowballing. For every person that doesn't pay, there is one who will. Some pay upwards of $400. This game probably makes more money then most Buy to play games that doesn't have a in game market. So get real.

Yeah the thing is they didn't port the entire PC game to console. They ported a single module from the PC release, severed from the other modules, and with the class balancing from a different module. They modified so many things that were unbalanced when PC was hitting that module. As a result of meshing legacy code with new code, some of the old problems people once had with the PC version are back for a sequel with the Xbox release. Since the game is only two months old on console, they of course haven't applied all the fixes they used on PC because it's not as simple as 'copy and paste' to make things work with the code they're using on console. The game had barely launched when 1.1.1 hit and fixed some of the worst bugs and issues confounding players, and they have already announced they are working on fixes to additional problems. Every week or two seems to come with some wonderful update or fix or tweak they are doing to improve the game. I, for one, have been quite satisfied with the developers' responsiveness - which is why I find it so odd when people have the opposite reaction.

You seriously need to... I don't know... take three drags before you pass that **** over here - you need an extra, pufpuff(pufff)pass! lol
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The only problem is you're not coming from a background of knowing how ports work. Porting isn't something as simple as just saying hey lets upload this onto a console. Read into it some. This game was never coded with any language that was compatible for porting. What this means is that some of the language that allows us to see the content that we see had to be created from scratch. The only reason a multi platform game can be released with such ease on multiple platforms is because it was created with porting in mind and therefore universal porting capabilities were implemented from the ground up.

This 2 years on pc stuff you guys keep throwing out doesn't mean jack on console as this game was never intended to be a port and the resources that are necessary to make it able to weren't there. You've got it in your heads from playing on multiple platforms and playing multi platform games that porting is easy when it's not. Without the correct coding and planning being done to the game from its conception porting can be nearly impossible for some games and in some cases there have been games that weren't able to port in the past due to just this.

There's a reason only the most sought after games get remakes. It's a very difficult thing to do and it's the reason companies don't do remasters unless they're sure it could generate a profit.
  • Options
    kestrelhawkerkestrelhawker Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The only problem is you're not coming from a background of knowing how ports work. Porting isn't something as simple as just saying hey lets upload this onto a console. Read into it some. This game was never coded with any language that was compatible for porting. What this means is that some of the language that allows us to see the content that we see had to be created from scratch. The only reason a multi platform game can be released with such ease on multiple platforms is because it was created with porting in mind and therefore universal porting capabilities were implemented from the ground up.

This 2 years on pc stuff you guys keep throwing out doesn't mean jack on console as this game was never intended to be a port and the resources that are necessary to make it able to weren't there. You've got it in your heads from playing on multiple platforms and playing multi platform games that porting is easy when it's not. Without the correct coding and planning being done to the game from its conception porting can be nearly impossible for some games and in some cases there have been games that weren't able to port in the past due to just this.

There's a reason only the most sought after games get remakes. It's a very difficult thing to do and it's the reason companies don't do remasters unless they're sure it could generate a profit.

If i could toss a .gif of the clapping dude I would .
    well said sir.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Correct, I know nothing about porting. I am out of the puff puff so I have to pass. But riddle me this, yes ill be that guy n say eso.

Ready, here we go. Eso is one year old. NW is 2 years old. NW porting to Xbox brought one mod as said in here. ESO is bringin all content to Xbox, don't know about bugs.

So please, explain to someone who knows not about porting as to how a two year old game brings little, and a one year old game brings everything. This is regardless of issues, you are talking porting. So am I. Explain to me how it varies so in the future I won't be a bother.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    <removed by the dude who posted it>
    Never-mind, and just because i cant seem to actually delete my comment. just picture a bear in a tut-to dancing out of the room .
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Apples and oranges, PPP. Programming isn't a one-size-fits all kind of thing. Different code bases, different tools, different budgets, and different teams all matter, but what matters most is the fact that NW isn't ESO. We don't know if NW was built from scratch while ESO uses libraries of code from all the ES games already on PC and console. We don't know if the NW team is 10 people while the ESO team is 100. And that's just the technical side of it. There's a business side too, and in the case of NW, the developer doesn't own the IP, while ESO is developed by the IP owner. That little detail can drastically affect schedules.

Anyway, your frustration is understandable, but as a software engineer/systems architect I can tell you from experience that people who don't know how systems are built like to think they know how to fix problems they don't understand. It's frustrating on the developer side as well. Would you like to be told how to do your job by someone who doesn't know what you do? I suggest you take a step back and respect the craft a bit. Just politely report the problems and let them sort out how to implement your suggestions.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Correct, I know nothing about porting. I am out of the puff puff so I have to pass. But riddle me this, yes ill be that guy n say eso.

Ready, here we go. Eso is one year old. NW is 2 years old. NW porting to Xbox brought one mod as said in here. ESO is bringin all content to Xbox, don't know about bugs.

So please, explain to someone who knows not about porting as to how a two year old game brings little, and a one year old game brings everything. This is regardless of issues, you are talking porting. So am I. Explain to me how it varies so in the future I won't be a bother.
    So many people reference ESO... I have to say it... did you participate in the ESO PC release at all? It was almost as buggy as the Master Chief Collection and the problems took even longer to fix. It was so bad I had to quit the game. It was unplayable and un-enjoyable. From what I hear from people who still play it on PC, they've fixed a lot... but the game is still pretty terrible (especially the endgame, which has a strong focus on PvP). Go give it a try. You may find even more to complain about when they encounter the inevitable issues with releasing the game on a new platform.
  • Options
    attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i don't think its a question of porting capabilities. All NW mods except Tyranny of Dragons adds end game content. Why would they port 5 mods worth of end game stuff to a game that's just starting? Imagine having campaigns for Dragons, Sharandar, Dread Ring and Icewind Dale all in your Journal?

One campaign at a time is enough for me.

.. and I played ESO on the PC for a while. Hated it. Buggy is an understatement.
  • Options
    prekbrownstarprekbrownstar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yep. I can't even make it through an entire epic dungeon without getting kicked. It is infuriating and there seems to be nothing I can do. I honestly played for about 3 hours the other night and was only able to get through 1 entire dungeon run because if I wasn't kicked, the game crashed the other times. Absolutely horrible game feature and cannot believe they allow it to even exist. Ruined the game for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Yep. I can't even make it through an entire epic dungeon without getting kicked. It is infuriating and there seems to be nothing I can do. I honestly played for about 3 hours the other night and was only able to get through 1 entire dungeon run because if I wasn't kicked, the game crashed the other times. Absolutely horrible game feature and cannot believe they allow it to even exist. Ruined the game for me.
    Nothing you can do ?

Just when i think i am out someone says something to pull me back in .

Make friends in the game , Make friends on the Boards. That's something you can do . Its a social game , not designed to go it alone.

The vote kicking is bad , and it still happens to me, but these days I'm running with a few different good people and having a good time and not getting kicked. Hell i just ran Spellplague last night with 3, count them 3 rangers .. no problems .
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I understand you and I don't expect them to fix everything but cause of kicking issue in loosing 3 months of t2 dungeons cause its not my fault that people think that rogues are useless for pve apparently or people want to get all the loot or want to play with their friends! I've tried to make a group but don't know why its so hard to find one and in the end it shouldn't be a game where you need a group so badly! What about people who don't speak English at all or other languages that are used in the game? What they gonna do? Quit cause there's no group that will have them? I just hope they fix this problem soon and then they can take it easy with other issues!
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Moved here from my other thread. Mod can delete that please and thank you.

Easiest fix for repeatedly getting kicked from PUG Epic Dungeons
    After playing for a while, and getting my teeth wet in Epic Dungeons, I can see there is a real problem here. I get the sense that the response to these issues from devs/publisher is to form your own groups pre-queue. While certainly not a bad suggestion that kind of kills the entire reason for having a PUG queue available.

A. Group is looking for X and you are not X
    B. Group thinks your GS is too low because they saw some guy get spanked with a higher gear score and a poor feat build.
    C. OMG, you looted a green item! Get outta here.
    D. Loot.
    E. Troll.
    F. I've been here since the start of the dungeon, just got four new players, got kicked at the boss.

Easiest fix

A. Star Wars the Old Republic has a great system. It requires group finder queues to have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 2 DPS (4 person groups). Each class can typically do 2 of the 3 roles, so you are allowed to select which role you are built for from the options available. Implementing this system would cut out 95% of kicks and frustration. The only drawback is it would make Queuing take longer to pop, but ultimately I think it would save a lot of time. Also, it would be nice to see how it would work out with only one player per class, I.E. you can only have 1 TR, 1 GWF, 1 HR for DPS, not 3 TRs. I think this part would help players in particular who get kicked because they aren't TR's.

B. This is just stupidity. Having said that, I have totally been in a game with a Cleric who didn't heal anyone on the Mad Dragon final boss, so it is necessary to have the option to kick people who aren't doing their job. Best way I can see to fix this sort of stupidity is: Limit to one vote to kick per 15 minute interval. True, it wont solve the problem, but it will help with the most egregious offenders. Only other option I see is to remove the function entirely. Additionally, there is a huge problem with people who play this game not knowing how the different classes play into group encounters and why you actually need them. A lot of smaller mobs can be cleared without a healer/tank, even on level 65 dungeons. I feel like this makes it too easy to get into the mindset that you don't need other classes/builds, which is (or at least should be) completely inaccurate.

C. Move loot threshold to Rare (blue) items. That way, those of us who NEED TO LOOT TO SELL ALL THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO KEEP BUYING POTIONS TO HEAL WITH (I.E. all of us tanks) can loot away, and everyone else isn't inconvenienced or whatever the current excuse is for this malarky. On that note, roll box also needs to not pop up until ALL party members are out of combat. Two birds, one stone.

D. Specifically, kicking people when a Purple drops for a better chance to win. If in combat/loot rolling, voting should be disabled. No brainer, easy fix.

E. Trolls. Sadly, they exist. Best way to get rid of a troll kicker? Limit each person to initiating a Vote to Kick to either once every 45 minutes or once per dungeon.

F. There is arguably nothing worse than this. You put in the time, you put in the work, and some players joined in and kicked you to for any of the above reasons, or to get their buddy in. Seniority based kick ability is the only way I see this being solved. Unfortunately I am fairly sure there are some groups that get one person into an instance, kick other players until all their buddies are in, and kill the boss for the final loot without having to run the dungeon. This is a huge problem.

Additionally, if you get kicked from a group you should not be able to join that group again. Common sense...

A lot of these are relatively simple. I know if implemented (even just a couple) it would make the game far more enjoyable for myself and many others. Really sucks not being able to do end game content because you get immediately kicked a dozen times.

******Edit

After a couple more weeks consideration, I would also happily embrace the idea that 1 Tank 1 Heals 3 DPS (classes can be specced differently so they will need to be use specified) are required to queue. Voting to kick is entirely eliminated from Queue. If you want a certain type of group, its on you to form it before starting the dungeon. Solves everyone's concerns rather nicely I think.
  • Options
    csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looky here ladies and gents,

They new the problems existed with the queue system and many other bugs because of the years they had on the PC side, but instead of porting over to Xbox one with the fixes, they rushed and ported the buggy content. In a business sense I see why they did it, because major titles were coming out, out now, and they needed to get ahead. this was good and bad. They rushed it, gave us a sup bar MMO for todays standards, especially when they have zen buy outs at 100 and 200 dollars. as of now, I started with a 90 active member guild, now down to 8, due to current big hit games and will likely lose more, even myself, do to upcoming big hit games. I like Neverwinter, mainly because I enjoy the books I read set in that universe. It's great to see and play with content from the books, but rushed content with known bugs, and letting a already failed queue system start all over again is just poor form. They were better off, giving a better release on Xbox one, instead of rushing to be the first on Xbox one. I will continue to play this game for now, but I'll tell what side of the fence I landed on when it came to dropping 100 dollars on the game, I'm just saving astral diamonds. If you notice the exchange is goin up and up cuase less people are buying zen.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nothing you can do ?

Just when i think i am out someone says something to pull me back in .

Make friends in the game , Make friends on the Boards. That's something you can do . Its a social game , not designed to go it alone.

The vote kicking is bad , and it still happens to me, but these days I'm running with a few different good people and having a good time and not getting kicked. Hell i just ran Spellplague last night with 3, count them 3 rangers .. no problems .

"Make friends in the game, make friends on the board...", that is great advice except those "friends" might not be on at the same times a person is or might not be at the same level your character is and then one must contend with the difference in play 'style'.

I am of the opinion that for some instances there should be NO "kick" option particularly in parties like dungeons, CTA, Skirmishes and the like. Anyone should be allowed to 'leave the party' if they wish to, but no one should ever be kicked expept for things like a disconnected or AFK player not participating and that should be done automatically by the game - not the people in the party.

The last time I joined a random group with a few of those "friends" I didn't know, some people wanted to run through to get to the end, some of us wanted to explore, open chests and pick up dropped loot. The result was the party leader, (one of those who wanted to run through the quest to get to the end) kicked out everyone who wasn't "keeping up".

You want to know why so many people prefer to solo quest instead of waiting around to see of one of our "friends" signs on or if there is some random group that won't kick a player out because they aren't buffed enough or interested in running through a quest without taking the time to explore, pick up loot or open chests?

There you have it in my opinion.
    DD~
  • Options
    melychathmelychath Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2015
    Isn't the simple solution to get rid of the kick system until it's fixed? If coding is a slow and grueling process, then just remove the system from the game that needs to be fixed until it is actually fixed. This would certainly create other problems, like being stuck in a group with two 9.5k GS players in CN, but you always have the choice to leave the group. I'd certainly prefer the negatives to having no kick system over the thieving, cheating system that is currently in place.
  • Options
    telim818telim818 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hrothdain wrote: »
    Yeah but its the constant kicking for no good reason that's the issue, legitimate reasons are few and far between
    i just ran caverns with my gf tank we got all the way to the end beat the boss and i got kicked because the boss dropped gf gear. This kind of thing happens all the time kicked out right before the boss dies or just after. They need to release a patch that disables vote kick during fights, when epic gear is on the ground, of when a dungeon chest is ready to open. I hate putting in all that time and getting nothing
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for clarifying about the programming as I was genuinely curious. Less salt in my future posts.

As to the why I bring up eso, its the only other mmo that will be for Xbox one, so I'm limited in my examples. Yes, I tried the PC beta. Horrible. I also tried the console. It was 90% better. Near a different game from PC beta. Sorry if I offended anyone, I truly didn't know, and no, I'm not an eso fanboy. As I stated it is the only example I can use
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    fluffy6977 wrote: »
    Moved here from my other thread. Mod can delete that please and thank you.

Easiest fix for repeatedly getting kicked from PUG Epic Dungeons
    After playing for a while, and getting my teeth wet in Epic Dungeons, I can see there is a real problem here. I get the sense that the response to these issues from devs/publisher is to form your own groups pre-queue. While certainly not a bad suggestion that kind of kills the entire reason for having a PUG queue available.

A. Group is looking for X and you are not X
    B. Group thinks your GS is too low because they saw some guy get spanked with a higher gear score and a poor feat build.
    C. OMG, you looted a green item! Get outta here.
    D. Loot.
    E. Troll.
    F. I've been here since the start of the dungeon, just got four new players, got kicked at the boss.

Easiest fix

A. Star Wars the Old Republic has a great system. It requires group finder queues to have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 2 DPS (4 person groups). Each class can typically do 2 of the 3 roles, so you are allowed to select which role you are built for from the options available. Implementing this system would cut out 95% of kicks and frustration. The only drawback is it would make Queuing take longer to pop, but ultimately I think it would save a lot of time. Also, it would be nice to see how it would work out with only one player per class, I.E. you can only have 1 TR, 1 GWF, 1 HR for DPS, not 3 TRs. I think this part would help players in particular who get kicked because they aren't TR's.

B. This is just stupidity. Having said that, I have totally been in a game with a Cleric who didn't heal anyone on the Mad Dragon final boss, so it is necessary to have the option to kick people who aren't doing their job. Best way I can see to fix this sort of stupidity is: Limit to one vote to kick per 15 minute interval. True, it wont solve the problem, but it will help with the most egregious offenders. Only other option I see is to remove the function entirely. Additionally, there is a huge problem with people who play this game not knowing how the different classes play into group encounters and why you actually need them. A lot of smaller mobs can be cleared without a healer/tank, even on level 65 dungeons. I feel like this makes it too easy to get into the mindset that you don't need other classes/builds, which is (or at least should be) completely inaccurate.

C. Move loot threshold to Rare (blue) items. That way, those of us who NEED TO LOOT TO SELL ALL THE <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> TO KEEP BUYING POTIONS TO HEAL WITH (I.E. all of us tanks) can loot away, and everyone else isn't inconvenienced or whatever the current excuse is for this malarky. On that note, roll box also needs to not pop up until ALL party members are out of combat. Two birds, one stone.

D. Specifically, kicking people when a Purple drops for a better chance to win. If in combat/loot rolling, voting should be disabled. No brainer, easy fix.

E. Trolls. Sadly, they exist. Best way to get rid of a troll kicker? Limit each person to initiating a Vote to Kick to either once every 45 minutes or once per dungeon.

F. There is arguably nothing worse than this. You put in the time, you put in the work, and some players joined in and kicked you to for any of the above reasons, or to get their buddy in. Seniority based kick ability is the only way I see this being solved. Unfortunately I am fairly sure there are some groups that get one person into an instance, kick other players until all their buddies are in, and kill the boss for the final loot without having to run the dungeon. This is a huge problem.

Additionally, if you get kicked from a group you should not be able to join that group again. Common sense...

A lot of these are relatively simple. I know if implemented (even just a couple) it would make the game far more enjoyable for myself and many others. Really sucks not being able to do end game content because you get immediately kicked a dozen times.

******Edit

After a couple more weeks consideration, I would also happily embrace the idea that 1 Tank 1 Heals 3 DPS (classes can be specced differently so they will need to be use specified) are required to queue. Voting to kick is entirely eliminated from Queue. If you want a certain type of group, its on you to form it before starting the dungeon. Solves everyone's concerns rather nicely I think.

Thank you! Yes to the thoughts in this. I cant do dungeons and would like to see something very close to this
  • Options
    xceptopecxceptopec Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People keep mentioning the bugs that exist in the XBOne version, most of which were fixed in the PC version over time, and questioning why they were not dealt with initially.

Other people have pointed out that the porting over required certain changes to the code, either minor edits or complete rewrites.

Everytime a game or expansion (DLC) is released problems, bugs and errors manifest, and people rail about poor QC, and that they should have fixed the bugs before the releases. That is not always possible, because a lot of these bugs only get discovered once the servers are under standard load (which means thousands of us, online at any given time). Others get found because of the way we approach games, devs and testers can only do so much in the time frame they have, to emulate the way the players will act and interact. Once the release happens and we get thrown into the mix, all bets are off - some of us will actively look for glitches or bugs (for good or for ill), others will just race headfirst into the first dungeon they find, while other players might well be avid explorers, and literally travel every path and road they can, as well as jump on buildings, in trees etc.

We are the ones that find these bugs, as well as experience the frakking balls-up that is the vote-kick system. Untill we find this stuff (bugs, glitches, exploits, bad features etc), and bring them to light, there is not much the devs have to work on. Once the issues are highlighted, I'd like to think that someone somewhere with a major OCD for fixes sits down and starts to work on the issues. Solutions are never likely to come as fast as we might like, but that is life.
  • Options
    lvlkarmalvllvlkarmalvl Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys, I posted this in another thread but thought I should move it here as well:
    Disclaimer - yes, grouping into three's or playing with guild mates should usually work out better. But for those who aren't able to for whatever reason, try this suggestion. Also, I realize this could have gone into other threads but I'd rather the message reach farther in the hopes it helps others as it has me as opposed to being buried in a flame war.

When queuing, simply back out (choose the decline option) of any group where three or four people are already waiting. There's a chance it'll be fine, especially if you're a DC or GF, but likely it won't be. Rather keep re-queuing and declining until you get a fresh group - you can tell this because none/few of the boxes will be check marked indicating players have joined the session.

I've been having really good success with this the last few days, as my work shifts altered so I have not been able to play at the same times as my guild. Fresh starts mean people are hopefully more likely to give it a go. Groups with four people are likely looking for something/someone specific, and sorry but odds are it's not you or me. Give it a try.

Plus the more people who try this, the better likelihood it works for everyone. Just do everyone a favor and just play - don't kick unless it is reasonable to do so. I almost always ask in chat before putting a vote up myself what the party thinks now. And what would you rather? Get three or more Shores runs in while Skirmish is up, thereby opening more chests even if that means missing out on that class specific item because there were two of you? Or maybe getting one run in, because you had to keep kicking and trying to find people for the "perfect run"?

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Hey folks,

Strumslinger has updated the XBOX Known Issues sticky:
    Vote kick issue: To those bad bad people who kick party members for no reason, it's horrible and you should be ashamed. That being said, we are well aware and are going to fix it ASAP.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Strumslinger has updated the XBOX Known Issues sticky:
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

Thanks. My spirit broke with my late night 4 hour attempt to complete one dungeon but couldn't
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    After reading waffennacht's post I thought he came up with a brilliant solution, something we old timers used to call "party balance"...

Instead of starting a queues and allowing random people to join, allow one person designated as a party leader to determine what kind of characters and classes they want in their party.

Of course it would no doubt take some actual programming effort on the part of the developers, but can you imagine seeing a list of several different queues from people organizing a quest or campaign:
    • Well of Dragons Quest; Total Item Level Requested 18K
    • One Tanks GF or GWF
    • One Control Wizard
    • One Healer DC or Pali
    • One Hunter Ranger

With check boxes by each class, you fit the bill you click "join" and you are in the party until the quest is completed, you leave the party or the party disbands.

No "kick" function as I said, someone doesn't like the way someone in the party is playing that person can leave, but once the party is formed that's it, until the quest is done - or abandoned.

That's what I'd like to see.
    DD~
This discussion has been closed.