test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• islowlearnerislowlearner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shatod wrote: »
    The kicking is getting way out of hand..either they allow teams to join queues or they stop the kicking period.

I've been kicked three times in a row after the boss has been defeated. I have been kicked because I wasn't the class the group needed - I have no problem with that at all, but this is ridiculous. I'm playing for free right now so my input is worth what I've spent; however, any consideration that I had to spend money when I can't play is gone until there is either a solution to this issue or a consequence for those who do it.
  • leftyunoleftyuno Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This kick system is seriously getting out of hand. I'd say it's BEEN out of hand already but when you've got people trying to kick in the CTA... where everyone gets a drop and the whole point is to just get to the end chest? WTF is really going? Are you guys (devs/forum administrators) actually trying to do something about this? This is likely one of thousands of post about this issue. When is something going to be done about this?
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Im very sad. Did the chasm dungeon, got to boss and get kicked. Im like ok thats kinda expected, do it again. Get a nice seeming group.

We get to boss and lose first try. The low gear guy decides he cant finish.... bum bum bum. New guy comes in. Waves of kick votes start coming, on everyone.
    This guy decided the group wasnt to his liking, he tried to vote out me 4 times after he failed with other people. Eventually he kicks the people around us out. And then me.
    Not really knowing the kick system im not sure how to quicly vote him out in time. 3 hours wasted no reward at all. Still gotta do it for rhex, maybe tomorrow... sigh
  • danyenginedanyengine Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    leftyuno wrote: »
    This kick system is seriously getting out of hand. I'd say it's BEEN out of hand already but when you've got people trying to kick in the CTA... where everyone gets a drop and the whole point is to just get to the end chest? WTF is really going? Are you guys (devs/forum administrators) actually trying to do something about this? This is likely one of thousands of post about this issue. When is something going to be done about this?

I confirm it. It must be modified as soon as possible. Players are kicked out from Tuern Shore even if there is not a loot to take, or in the CTA ! I listened to players in the CTA saying "I want to kick out that player because it is better for me to have a Healer so that I do not use my potions!!" ... The kick system is making the game frustrating at the moment, and it turns away many players.
  • rockstarajrockstaraj Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I didn't see a lot of kicking in the CTA when i was running it earlier. Just a couple of disconnects that never showed up about halfway thru. As far as needing a healer to not use potions. are you serious? even after last weekends gifts from Tyomora? i collected over 2 stacks from opening those boxes, and have slowly been gaining more from the hidden pouches. (for the record I'm only using 1 of the enchants out of 4 utility slots, the other 3 being dragon hoard.) On top of that the enemies in the CTA this week don't even hit that hard, certainly not hard enough to ever need a potion or heal.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sigh... My girlfriend had this happen to her last night. This is her first rpg video game ever and she has actually been doing fairly well. She leveled up to 60 mostly on her own (i helped with build ideas but the actual leveling was all her) and she just started doing T1's this week. Unfortunately she picked a Trickster Rogue because she thought she was "cute" (wtfever) and now she is getting frustrated from being kicked without even getting a chance to play (meaning at the beginning of an instance). Last night she decided to run a couple CTA's thinking surely this wouldnt happen there but low and behold it did. I feel bad for her and ANY newer player getting this type of treatment as their first exposure to an MMORPG type game.

My son has pretty much quit playing due to the frustration. I keep plugging along but now that I have leveled all 7 classes to 60 I really have no choice but to run Dungeons. I just wish this could get fixed sooner rather than later.
  • majnumbthumbs1majnumbthumbs1 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My wife plays too and she is a gwf. I know. I would really hate to see her getting kicked from her epics and cta.
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Kicking is an epidemic that is poisoning and killing this game. I can understand kicking a rogue because you need a cleric or tank at the beginning of a match, or even before the boss. But this isn't even remotely whats happening in this game. People are being kicked so they cant get the boss drop or worse the chest they helped earn. They get kicked for the an extra 5% chance at a drop. Or even when the drops not theirs but because people think its funny. Unfortunately, the reason its getting worse is because countless people have adopted the plan of if you cant beat them then join them. Then have joined the number of guilds whos sole model is to farm dungeons then boot and loot at the expense of these players who are just trying to have a good time. I have numerous friends who have given up the game in frustration over this. This isn't what gaming is about.

To the Mods, please pass the word on that this needs to be addressed before it destroys the game for good. Simple fix. No kicking during or after the boss battle starts.
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    leftyuno wrote: »

This is on the list of Known Issues. There is also a Pinned official Feedback Thread. This new thread is a violation of the RoC.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/announcement.php?f=1281
  • theroniest87theroniest87 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh so we rogues its just normal to get kicked from a T2, even though people don't admit it but I pretty sure know how happy are most of them if a rogue is there to daze enemies for those 10 secs! You can kill them in 5 if you have enough dps! I've saved enough arses just like that but people don't just appreciate it! And people should understand too that not all rogues are the same, some don't brag about how they play and all that s h I t! Me for instance in more interested in pve than pvp, actually I hate it that I have to do pvp for astrals and for some glory! But don't think rogues are useless, in the dread vault(normal) I'm really surprised to see how many incompetents there are around and I end up killing the boss alone. And I'm so happy when someone actually listens to me and follows me to the spot where we should stay! I don't think its very important the class, I think its important the way you use your class!
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    C'mon guys, there's a whole thread on kicking, take it there and add to the 55+ pages so people can try to sift through it.

On a serious note, I really don't think the devs know how big of an issue this is. Sure they may hear about it, and the mods hear may be upset with all the threads and trying to rope them into one thread. But the fact is, many of us have paid money. People say the game is new n will have issues. But its not, its 2 years old. We don't even have chat filters, just stuck with big blobs of texting scrolling by that you can't stop, yet on PC, they can filter the chat by the sections. We paid the money (at least I did and many others, son even over the average $60 game price), yet we get nothing but empty promises with no substantial information. I work in customer service, if I did what these devs do (take money, not fix major issues, not give information on upcoming fixes or ongoing problems) I would be fired faster then I could think.

I understand its the mods job to patrol the forums and squash any BS, i understand that its the Devs job to make the game and fix the issues, but i don't think either groups understand that WE pay the bills. WE keep this game afloat. If WE stopped playing, they would be screwed. Yet they don't give info, at least not on console side, yet WE the backbone of this game, the community that pays money and pays the devs bills, we get no info, alot of issues, and bad customer support.

The kicking is getting worse, not better. Even though it is mostly the communities fault, we as a community have come up with great ideas to help fix the problem. Yet no word on it, no nothing. Great game when its playable (running a dungeon start to finish, doing a dragon without server disconect or lag so bad you wind up dead), but the customer support is unacceptable. Mods want to talk in the shadows(pms) when alot of the times a thread where we talk to them would be better. I could PM a mod about the V2K system, he could tell me its being worked on, but i couldn't even post as it would break the rules. This is unacceptable, yet accepted by so many. Remember guys, WE are the ones who keep the game and servers afloat, WE are a community and WE can do better.
  • strictlyevilstrictlyevil Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you guys even read the forums before coming on here and complaining? If you'd pay attention you could see that they've already released an update stating that this issue would be fixed very soon. It also mentions that some of the other very big complaints are being fixed in the very near future.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?945471-Xbox-One-Known-Issues

Check the link before going any further on this topic please.
    Ancient 18.8k CW | Ancient Heals 18k DC | Ancient Tank 22.2k GF | GT: XGC Army
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cummins12vcummins12v Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you guys even read the forums before coming on here and complaining? If you'd pay attention you could see that they've already released an update stating that this issue would be fixed very soon. It also mentions that some of the other very big complaints are being fixed in the very near future.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?945471-Xbox-One-Known-Issues

Check the link before going any further on this topic please.

So what? I believe everyone should create a new post about it each and EVERY time it happens. That's the way things get changed. Knowing them they would say " we thought it fixed itself since no one was complaining anymore." F that. If there is a problem, spam the forums, that's the only chance of a fix you will get from a company like arc.
  • marv1001marv1001 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People are getting jacked off with it so they are creating new threads and in my view rightly so. The kicking is getting out of control now and is even going over to the CTA. Really a CTA which takes 5 mins to complete with no boss drop and people are still getting kicked from it.

Wow so the Community Manager has posted that these kickers should be ashamed of themselves. Really is he having a laugh, the kickers don't give a stuff about what he says about them being ashamed of themselves. They are just greedy and think they have that power to kick because they can.

Also saying that it will be fixed ASAP does not mean that a fix will be coming next month either.

I would also love to see them post the real updated figures of how many people are still playing. Its not going to be 1.6 million now thats for sure and no way will it be higher than that.
    edited May 2015
    Yes I read the known issue new thread. But the info in it is as vague as before. Soon. Soon to me could mean months, could mean hours. Depends. If they put solid info like, within the next two patches fixes will start to be implemented, then yes, that would be great info. I'm happy that they gave us any info at all, truly. But with eso less then two weeks out on consoles, is anyone surprised they are actually trying now?

Go and read all 53 pages of the V2K system, try to gather some ideas. In the hour or so your away, 3 players could post new threads with great ideas that much easier to see and sift through. That V2K thread is bad, simply bad. After a couple pages a new thread is posted there with all the pages of feedback, followed by another, etc etc. Its a regurgitation of info that noone wants to sift through. Its much easier to read one thread, see their ideas, post, move to the next and collaborate. Plus everyone that has an issue deserves to have a voice, er...text. Valid problems are valid problems. Unaddressed issues are still unaddressed issues no matter how pretty a picture someone paints.
    edited May 2015
    It's vague in every game everywhere ever created. And I'd like you to show me a single patch or update from any game anywhere that was able to give an eta that was more than just a vague description that turned out to be accurate every time. You can look to your hearts content and you won't find any.

People want to play a game and act like they have a clue as to when things should happen when they have no idea how the development process works. I takes millions of lines of code to make a game like this and a single typo could take weeks to find much less fix and yet you guys are demanding dozens of fixes in less than 2 months. And that's just a typo. That's not even including server issues, hardware issues or faulty coding. I say get off your high horse.

This is the first game of its kind on this console. Expecting the company to do more than what other companies can even do on their native console is just ignorant at best.
    edited May 2015
    On a serious note, I really don't think the devs know how big of an issue this is.

This is on the list of Known Issues, so it would seem the Devs do indeed know how big of an issue it is. In fact, a fix is in the works according to the Community Manager. This is why new threads about this topic are bad. People are still so angry and misinformed because they are looking in all the wrong places...
    edited May 2015
    cummins12v wrote: »
    So what? I believe everyone should create a new post about it each and EVERY time it happens. That's the way things get changed. Knowing them they would say " we thought it fixed itself since no one was complaining anymore." F that. If there is a problem, spam the forums, that's the only chance of a fix you will get from a company like arc.
    Ahh, the crying baby approach... this player-base I swear.....
    edited May 2015
    Yes I read the known issue new thread. But the info in it is as vague as before. Soon. Soon to me could mean months, could mean hours. Depends. If they put solid info like, within the next two patches fixes will start to be implemented, then yes, that would be great info. I'm happy that they gave us any info at all, truly. But with eso less then two weeks out on consoles, is anyone surprised they are actually trying now?

Go and read all 53 pages of the V2K system, try to gather some ideas. In the hour or so your away, 3 players could post new threads with great ideas that much easier to see and sift through. That V2K thread is bad, simply bad. After a couple pages a new thread is posted there with all the pages of feedback, followed by another, etc etc. Its a regurgitation of info that noone wants to sift through. Its much easier to read one thread, see their ideas, post, move to the next and collaborate. Plus everyone that has an issue deserves to have a voice, er...text. Valid problems are valid problems. Unaddressed issues are still unaddressed issues no matter how pretty a picture someone paints.
    Ask someone familiar with programming or development of complex games or programs and they'll explain to you it's nearly impossible to predict how long changes will take. They try something and then they have to look at how it effects other aspects of the game and do extensive testing so they don't break things. Even with that, things can still go wrong (I'm sure some still remember Lostmouth being broken as a result of 1.1.1 which otherwise had nothing to do with LoL). For this reason it's TERRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE to make any promises about when to expect a change (if you think people get pissy about a lack of definitive information, wait until they promise something by a certain date and then can't deliver). The fact they announced they're working on a solution and it's coming soon is the best you're going to get out of ANY COMPANY IN THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY so if you plan to continue gaming, I recommend adjusting your expectations for transparency.
    edited May 2015
    Hmm, the new known issues thread. Did you know, if you read the previous known issues thread it shows that someone pm'd the manager to make it. Its not like he was...hmm, ill make this thread today. He was asked to, and he did. I give him credit for that. But the main issue, the V2K system which has players leaving, he did post some things on. Except, its what we knew all along, bad people do it, shame on you, a fix is coming. That's no better info then most of the people that post in the threads.

I will continue gaming, but my expectations will not change. Alot of games can be played without these issues. Alot of games don't need devs to assure them everything is going to be ok. This is not one of them. Keep gaming and accepting things as the way they are is a problem. Accepting little to know info is a problem. We are the consumers, they work for US. Period. Maybe they should have done that extensive testing before releasing the game to console. ESO did, and it is coming with everything the PC has. This game is one year older then ESO and we can't even get a chat filter, which is on the PC side already. Even some PC players are baffled by the simple things like that as they were not incorporated.

If they gave a ETA and kept it updated, there would be no issue, no veil to hide behind. I would be happier with, "more problems with this current fix then we expected, will have to push the fix back awhile longer." I'm not looking for an exact date with their head on the chopping block if not met, simply, I'm looking for info. Info that isn't SOON. If my manager said, this this and this needs fixed. How long should it take, I would give an eta, then continue to update if problems occurred.

Yes I'm glad they addressed the community, yes its a relief to know the problems are being worked on. But most of us knew that already.
    edited May 2015
    Ever work in programming? If you did you'd know that giving eta's such as the one you describe will just cause you to lose your job as you'll continually fail to meet them.
    edited May 2015
    So funny hahahhaha How hard is programming? Of course we fkin know otherwise we would be doing it don't you think? But that doesn't mean its an excuse, if you don't have the talent for it just find another job! And this should be the same for any dev not only the ones that created this game!
    edited May 2015
    So you're saying that someone who is completely ignorant as to how the process works is the one that should dictate how the process works? Makes sense. I say we make you the boss. No way they could fail then.
  • lorespadelorespade Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here is my theory. They will be releasing pc content on xbox. In that content is fixes to our issues. But they cant release it yet becouse it would crash our economy ingame. So they have to wait to bring it onlne in section with much needed fixes lay in those coded versions. I feel if we wait awhile we will have a fully fixed game. Dont let the issues that we have now destroy the current norm. It will be fixed. :)
    edited May 2015
    Oh ok then so for every problem we just say its fine cause its hard for them so we can even support them for their hard bugged job! Is that what you're saying? Tell me mate why do people spend money so that devs can be excused cause its hard to do their job? If its like that then yes I'm might try programming too and hopefully ill have a lot of customers like you!
    edited May 2015
    You do realize the game has only been out for 2 months on console right? And that this company isn't even a fraction as big as you seem to think it is. I'm not saying you're wrong in that the issues need to be fixed. I'm saying that expecting any company to fix what you want fixed in the time you want it fixed isn't just about doing a good job. Even for the best companies in the world they would look at you and laugh at that request. They are most definitely not doing a job that is anywhere near as good as a big budget company or with a big budget game. You fail to realize this isn't a big budget game or company. If you wanted a big budget experience then move to another game. What your asking IS unreasonable based on the resources that are being used.

Obviously this game has its downfalls we all know that but expecting anyone even the worlds most advanced technical companies to fix this many issues in the amount of time that you believe it should be fixed is just you being ignorant or arrogant with a low budget games comes low budget struggles. You don't play goat simulator and then go off the rails demanding bug fixes do you?
    edited May 2015
    You do realize the game has only been out for 2 months on console right? And that this company isn't even a fraction as big as you seem to think it is. I'm not saying you're wrong in that the issues need to be fixed. I'm saying that expecting any company to fix what you want fixed in the time you want it fixed isn't just about doing a good job. Even for the best companies in the world they would look at you and laugh at that request. They are most definitely not doing a job that is anywhere near as good as a big budget company or with a big budget game. You fail to realize this isn't a big budget game or company. If you wanted a big budget experience then move to another game. What your asking IS unreasonable based on the resources that are being used.

Obviously this game has its downfalls we all know that but expecting anyone even the worlds most advanced technical companies to fix this many issues in the amount of time that you believe it should be fixed is just you being ignorant or arrogant with a low budget games comes low budget struggles. You don't play goat simulator and then go off the rails demanding bug fixes do you?
    +10 points for referencing Goat Simulator.
    edited May 2015
    Yes, this game has been out for two months on Console. Chill out people. Wait, its been out for 2 years on PC.... Maybe some of these issues should have been expected. Here is a small issue for an example.

Chat. Xbox you cannot toggle chat tabs on or off. PC you can. I'm no programmer, but really? Can't do the same for console? As we do not have keyboards the chat system is already a pain, but not being able to stop the text scroll or toggle channels off makes it near impossible.

For goat simulator, even the devs said, bugs will not be fixed as it adds enjoyment and funny moments to gameplay. They know the bugs, they want them. So comparing this to goat simulator, as funny as it is, is ludicrous.

The F2P issue. Needs more money to work on servers. Yes its F2P. Doesn't mean they are not making huge amounts of cash. Probably upwards of $1000 a day, lowballing. For every person that doesn't pay, there is one who will. Some pay upwards of $400. This game probably makes more money then most Buy to play games that doesn't have a in game market. So get real.
    edited May 2015
    Yes, this game has been out for two months on Console. Chill out people. Wait, its been out for 2 years on PC.... Maybe some of these issues should have been expected. Here is a small issue for an example.

Chat. Xbox you cannot toggle chat tabs on or off. PC you can. I'm no programmer, but really? Can't do the same for console? As we do not have keyboards the chat system is already a pain, but not being able to stop the text scroll or toggle channels off makes it near impossible.

For goat simulator, even the devs said, bugs will not be fixed as it adds enjoyment and funny moments to gameplay. They know the bugs, they want them. So comparing this to goat simulator, as funny as it is, is ludicrous.

The F2P issue. Needs more money to work on servers. Yes its F2P. Doesn't mean they are not making huge amounts of cash. Probably upwards of $1000 a day, lowballing. For every person that doesn't pay, there is one who will. Some pay upwards of $400. This game probably makes more money then most Buy to play games that doesn't have a in game market. So get real.

Yeah the thing is they didn't port the entire PC game to console. They ported a single module from the PC release, severed from the other modules, and with the class balancing from a different module. They modified so many things that were unbalanced when PC was hitting that module. As a result of meshing legacy code with new code, some of the old problems people once had with the PC version are back for a sequel with the Xbox release. Since the game is only two months old on console, they of course haven't applied all the fixes they used on PC because it's not as simple as 'copy and paste' to make things work with the code they're using on console. The game had barely launched when 1.1.1 hit and fixed some of the worst bugs and issues confounding players, and they have already announced they are working on fixes to additional problems. Every week or two seems to come with some wonderful update or fix or tweak they are doing to improve the game. I, for one, have been quite satisfied with the developers' responsiveness - which is why I find it so odd when people have the opposite reaction.

You seriously need to... I don't know... take three drags before you pass that **** over here - you need an extra, pufpuff(pufff)pass! lol
    edited May 2015
    The only problem is you're not coming from a background of knowing how ports work. Porting isn't something as simple as just saying hey lets upload this onto a console. Read into it some. This game was never coded with any language that was compatible for porting. What this means is that some of the language that allows us to see the content that we see had to be created from scratch. The only reason a multi platform game can be released with such ease on multiple platforms is because it was created with porting in mind and therefore universal porting capabilities were implemented from the ground up.

This 2 years on pc stuff you guys keep throwing out doesn't mean jack on console as this game was never intended to be a port and the resources that are necessary to make it able to weren't there. You've got it in your heads from playing on multiple platforms and playing multi platform games that porting is easy when it's not. Without the correct coding and planning being done to the game from its conception porting can be nearly impossible for some games and in some cases there have been games that weren't able to port in the past due to just this.

There's a reason only the most sought after games get remakes. It's a very difficult thing to do and it's the reason companies don't do remasters unless they're sure it could generate a profit.
This discussion has been closed.