What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• Options
    ostkinfernoostkinferno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    your dumb it does not violate xbox TOS go read them again.. vote kicking is perfectly acceptable.......... show me where ...........1.9 Are there things I can’t do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

• Use the Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft;

• Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Services);

• Assign, resell, or redistribute any part of the Services or access to the Services, including the sale or purchase of an account;

• Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism;

• Enable unauthorized third party applications to access the Services;

• Use the Services or any content on the Services for commercial purposes;

• Use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Services;

• Use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft, or metasearching) to access or use the Services, or to copy or scrape data from the Services;

• Obtain (or try to obtain) any data from the Services or related hardware, except the data that we intend to make available to you; or

• Use the Services or related hardware to design, develop, or update unauthorized software;

• Fraudulently increase the play count or otherwise manipulate the Services in any way, including using a script and/or otherwise automated process;

• Use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services or modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device; or

• Attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Services, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Services, or any hardware associated with the Services or with an Authorized Device. If you do, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Services, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deem appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this Agreement or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in it. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ostkinfernoostkinferno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    shatod wrote: »
    Let them go kick happy....record it and submit it to xbox...it is a violation of xbox terms of service and xbox will ban there account....

no it isnt.... stop telling lies..........or prove where it says it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    secretgamertagsecretgamertag Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Once an item is picked up and rolled on, it should not matter where you are when the final person chooses their option. Your roll should still count towards the item whether you are in that group/dungeon/skirmish or not. Its bull**** how groups of 3 can get away with going into dungeons or skirmishes (like Tuern), and control all the loot.. Something good drops and they will kick the 2 they don't know to ensure that 1 of them get the item, even after the item has been picked up and the 2 being kicked have rolled on it. This seems to happen more times than not and makes it pointless trying to do anything unless you know 2 other people in the group and control the vote..

Yes i understand this wouldn't be a fix all because they would still sometimes still get a vote off before the the item gets picked up and rolled on.. So possibly add in, not allowing votes to start while someone is in combat.. This would eliminate the kicks right as a boss is about to die, someones sees loot on the ground and throws up a vote before its picked up, etc..
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    no it isnt.... stop telling lies..........or prove where it says it

Should feel free to block and report them for unsporting conduct though, destroy their rep and see how many people they get to participate with in future.
  • Options
    challenjourggchallenjourgg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ..and it is a violation of TOS for Xbox live and can get you ban from Xbox live

I really wanna believe this but i'm going to need proof man, people keep saying they'll get banned and people "rage" at them but what's the point of saying these things miraculously happen without some sort of screenshot at least.
  • Options
    karma4presidentkarma4president Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    marloong wrote: »
    I have a solution. Don't play the game anymore. I won't until it's fixed.

LOL right!!!!! U KNOW I actually saw a guild named boot and loot....i mean wth...
  • Options
    stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    anyone that thinks the vote kicking isn't a problem...is the problem with vote kicking

I like the idea of VK only being able to be done at campfires. Ive seen groups run off before waiting on a replacement and then a minute later Vote to kick because '2 far'. Its ridiculous.

I'd like to vote to kick the Vote to Kick option.

There's no need for a certain a party make up on any of these dungeons. Ive done plenty with no healers and/or no tanks. Anyone thinking those two classes are necessary are sitting back going full ranged like cowards and don't know how to take out add's.

Its a great game but VK will be its downfall if something isn't done about it
  • Options
    snake3y3s00snake3y3s00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Vote kicking system in this game must be overhauled. I already know quite a few people that are simply going to quit playing this game because the vote kicking system just removes all fun from this game. Taking 30 minutes to get in a dungeon because you get kicked every time you join is just dumb. They need to fix it where 3 dps a tank and a healer queue for every dungeon. There needs to be a cooldown on vote kicking and MOST IMPORTANTLY you should not be able to kick on an end boss or after the fight is done. it has a term already LOOT AND BOOT HOW ridiculous!!! get your act together perfect world or you are gonna lose a lot of players . elder scrolls online is almost here. If they don't change the vote kick system I AM OUT!!
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is no need for kicking to get a cleric of tank at all. Just did Castle Never and the classes were as followed GWF (myself) 2 HR's and 2 TR's. One of the rogues tried voting me out saying we need a tank/healer. the other randoms hit no and guess what....we went through the entire dungeon with no healer/tank and the only one to die was the guy who tried to initiate the vote.
  • Options
    agentmaryland93agentmaryland93 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I usually run a Devoted Cleric level 60. It's true tbh, even the Cleric's get kicked for the dumbest reasons. Take for example last Wednesday, I was joining up for Dread Vault for the Daily Dungeon from Rhix. And I couldn't get in ANY dungeon without getting kicked either because I was a dupe, or because the kids wanted a tank. I got kicked because I accidentally kited enemies because I made a wrong turn and the rest of them didn't kill off the add's, they basically took the shorter route.

A little miffed, I blew it off and just re-queued up for a new dungeon. I get in, we fight the first mid boss, and before I can even collect my Drake Seals, I get kicked. I messaged the host asking why I was kicked. Their excuse? "You don't do enough damage". ._.

I'm a frickin CLERIC, not a WAR Cleric, I'm not an Oathbound Paladin, I'm an AIDING Cleric. I heal you if I so CHOOSE to (which I generally do heal others, I'm not a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> unless you make me angry, then you're on your own.), but I'm not built to do damage because that's not the kind of role my character was meant for.

So yeah, the kicking thing needs to be controlled, because morons abound, a lot of people get screwed over because of it.
  • Options
    smashedturkeysmashedturkey Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have had it!

Take your broke *** queue, broke *** votekicking, broke *** highway robbery zen and shove it all up you collective 4th point of contacts.

ESO has been bought and this brokedick software is being DELEATED.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is disgusting that this is still allowed to go on. I just ran through Frozen Heart Epic with 4 people from a Guild, I carried them through the dungeon pretty much.

After the boss was defeated I looked at the scores and I had 25mil damage whilst the others had under 5 each.

Even though I had passed on every Purple drop, as I only wanted the chest at the end, I was then kicked before I could even get to the chest (I was helping clear up the remaining mobs).

I was furious and this kind of thing will drive a lot of people away from the game.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    scalvoxscalvox Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Vote Must be enabled only after 5 mins of inactivity.

and for those who complain about the "party cannot do the final boss", you can always quit and choose another party.

4 those who wait for ESO, Ask pc players how many bugs are there in and no fix instead a few patch, couse no one want to pay a fee!
  • Options
    obliviouslusterobliviousluster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My favorites are when people think you need healer/tank for tier 2s, or don't like that another class is in the party.

I've run Spellplague and Temple of Spider without tank/heals a few times. Goes easy as long as everyone knows what they're doing. I guess some people like the insurance of DC/GF, which I understand. I only think that you should give your group a go before deciding to kick people for stupid reasons. If you cant run Spellplague or Temple of Spider without tank/heal, then you're either starting out which is fine, or an incredibly inept player! That being said, I'd like to try to kill Mad Dragon without a tank/healer at some point... that's the only dungeon I have ever had problems with.

I often see these 15k gear score players constantly cry about needing a tank/healer for a dungeon when we're at the final boss. "I know we made it this far without any deaths/wipes, but we NEED a tank/healer for the final boss!!!1111!!!" Alright then. We'll kick YOU and get a healer.
    Walk on wandering souls
    For your respite we pray
    Let our humble song clear your hearts of dismay,
    Rekindle the flame in your souls and set you free
    So walk on and become the light that guides the way~
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ahhh gotta love the vote kicking in this game NOTTTT for about the tenth time I joined a group played through the entire dungeon to the end boss and they vote kick me right before final boss dies. ahh the ole boot and loot has struck again. Tell me why on earth would you ever need to boot someone during or after a final boss fight in this game. This games vote kick system is truly moronic. FIX THIS <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> PERFECT WORLD IT IS A JOKE
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PLAYERS have way too much power in this game. I have spent over a hundred bucks on this "free" game and I cannot even play. I join dungeon after dungeon only to be vote kicked as soon as I join and I have a 13k gear score its ridiculous. Other players should not be able to control my gameplay experience. Then there are the loot and booters that are just destroying this game. I paid a hundred bucks to play a game that I cant even play hahaha what a joke. what did you think would happen you give moronic fools the power to decide who plays which dungeon and when and they take advantage of this power at every turn. FIX THIS VOTE KICK SYSTEM !!! I am tired of spending 30 minutes trying to get in a dungeon everyday and then when I get in and spend another hour playing it out just to get vote kicked so someone can make a few extra diamonds it ridic.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    only a boot and looter would defend this system that's currently in place!!!! you probably defending it because you are part of the problem!!!
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really think that the vote kick system should be removed completely. Inactive players are automatically disconnected from the game so that should not be a problem. All other situations are just causing frustration. In a public matchmade game why do we have to let the others decide if we can play or not? It's just too much power in the hands of people who can't handle it with respect. My view is that if you're not satisfied with the group you're in then quit. Someone will take your place eventually, but we, who don't want to quit, will be able to play further if we want. Kicking each other almost never has a good reason to it, and it just makes the whole experience extremely frustrating. I very rarely visit Epic Dungeons now because of this, even though I love them. All the time I have to worry whether I'll be kicked at the next moment or not. Shame.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dont worry about it to much they will probs put a new item in the zen shop that makes you immune to vote kick for one whole dungeon run, at a nice low low low price of 5000zen each run or something -.-
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    mario40000xmario40000x Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The kick vote in bosses and 5 minutes after defeat them must be removed to avoid these child actitude, i'm bored to see how players kick others (includes me) for no reason, this is a great game but his comunity starts to sucks
  • Options
    bossmchoggbossmchogg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just got kicked after final boss as soon as his drops went up for roll. Didn't even get a chance to get the seals.
  • Options
    pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    Got kicked after an awesome dungeon. Everyone was talking, they were new and I was telling a new GWF about his class giving him advice. Final boss comes, explain how to do it. We execute flawlessly, boss at 5% health the guy says "thanks for the help. But I want the loot" kick.

This is a problem. Seriously devs. Your ruining gameplay by allowing people with this toxic mindset to flourish. I keep taking breaks from the game in hopes it will get better, or the community will grow and develops maturity. But I'm having a hard time justifying wanting to come back. The only reason I have right now, is its the only MMO for XBone. I imagine alot of console guys are like that.

Console players are a fickle bunch. We expect too much and want to give too little. All I want is a response from a dev or something that says they are working on a fix. Something that says, were trying guys. This thread, is it just a place to put all the threads of this nature to stop polluting the boards, or are you guys reading and understanding the communities frustration. I know a fix is going to be tough and that even after, trolls will still find ways to troll. But all I want is some info on if this problem is being addressed.
  • Options
    greatg1gintheskygreatg1ginthesky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The only fix that is viable is to remove it completely. If they only remove it for bosses etc, or only allow VK at fires then it's quite blatantly obvious that the problem will still continue.

Remove it altogether, and then if people want to leave for whatever reason, they can. Don't want to run with specific people or classes? Then get a group together, or run with your guild. It's pretty simple really. PVP works without being able to kick, and so can PVE.

It comes down to kids being kids.. take away the power you give them by letting them kick constantly, because they will only continue to abuse it, and let people crack on with running dungeons without being in fear of getting kicked throughout the whole thing.
  • Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol just limit how much kicking u can do per dung if u hit the limit or over exceed it to often u are tempary ban from the queues =less kicking/also give ppl a option to pick what they want to join like tank or healer a preference would probly solve a lot of issues/any kicking in boss kicks both ppl. the one who started the kick and the one who got kicked to be more fair if he doesn't get the loot why should you. I have a 18k gs and I see it a lot I don't kick unless I absutely have to I try to avoid it done some cn runs without clerics or tanks was a bit harder but fun doable anyway. if u don't like people with low gear score ur gona see it more and more the more u kick people lol they gota get gear from somewhere or they gona be ignorant about it and buy it then their gona be the ones kicking you that's just plain supremacy never gets anywhere goes in circles lol.
  • Options
    kithkannonkithkannon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The kicking is getting way out of hand..either they allow teams to join queues or they stop the kicking period.

My favorite is when i heal a party all the way in CN and get booted with the boss at less than 10% (everyone is still standing). I was kicked out of greed for drops. I will never group with 3 or 4 people in the same guild, who are not in party chat. The system needs SOMETHING!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Do away with vote kicking period!!!
  • Options
    flayer138flayer138 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Make vote kicking unavailable during loot rolls and rework the queuing system to find tank,healer,3 dps always. That will fix 90% of the problem.
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just got done with an epic pirate king dungeon. Apparently the other GWF tried to vote me out so he would get the loot but the randoms voted no. Someone had then initiated a vote on him for "Trying to be greedy"
  • Options
    bossmchoggbossmchogg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have given up on the stupid PUG <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I couldn't manage to stay in a group for more than a few seconds before getting kicked for 45 minutes tonight.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    Just got done with an epic pirate king dungeon. Apparently the other GWF tried to vote me out so he would get the loot but the randoms voted no. Someone had then initiated a vote on him for "Trying to be greedy"

Awesome work to your group!
    Great to see some people taking a stand for proper behavior!
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
This discussion has been closed.