test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (XBOX)

Comments

• wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    I just literally laughed with a vision of most players selecting the No kick and finishing dungeons while all these kick happy people getting forced to group together and never getting passed the first campfire BAHAHAAHAHA!!!
    That's funny. I laughed with a vision of most players selecting the VTK-enabled option and finishing dungeons because they can set up a decent group composition while all these oh-so-kickable people are forced to group together and never getting past the first campfire because they keep needing to quit groups until they find one with a healer for any difficult content.

Our difference in perspective though is exactly why it is a genius idea we can both agree on. :-)
  • oudaesuoudaesu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I saw a guy in a guild called "Boot N Loot" lol. I thought it was pretty funny.

Honestly, I've never cared about being kicked right away after joining. I guess they are not very good and need a specific team of classes to get through it. It's just being kicked after beating the boss that I think is a scumbag thing to do, and definitely needs to be fixed.
  • danny3421danny3421 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ddosuks wrote: »
    The vote kick and any kicking at all is Bull---t. Just today I was in kessells and voted no to kick a TR after just one loss encountering the boss the first time, I was then kicked and sent a tell that I should have accepted the kick because he accepted kicking me, and then told he was kicked anyway so now he's gone too. No idea if that last part was to comfort me or rub it in but to make matters worse I was the lead with the most damage dealt and the second highest person didn't even have half my damage score. I was in a ***-in rage. and again, another furious complaint ticket sent.
    There was nothing wrong with the class or the way that TR played, and I had damage lead way beyond everyone, and always do nearly every time, and still get randomly kicked. And it seems like as soon as there's one or two team wipes from a boss, A-holes want to start kicking people, so all these reasons mentioned for kicking people in most cases are Bull--t. If your good you can definitely carry a weaker player and should. Give the guy a ***-in chance to get some gear and get the hang of the quest. Don't be a D--K and make excuses or blame someone else for your own poor playing.
    Anyway,
    Now that I'm done ranting, for a fairly simple solution, have separate Q's. A kickable and a no kick one. In the no kick one no one can be removed, if you don't like who your with, simply leave the group.

This won't work if they wantied two q's they would have done from the start. I'm sorry but I just don't see this going to happen. And you posted it in they wrong post. If you wantied it to be feedback for the game!
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    danny3421 wrote: »
    This won't work if they wantied two q's they would have done from the start. I'm sorry but I just don't see this going to happen. And you posted it in they wrong post. If you wantied it to be feedback for the game!

Read the title of the thread. A dev posted in here without moving the thread, so seems like it is close enough to the right place.
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's funny. I laughed with a vision of most players selecting the VTK-enabled option and finishing dungeons because they can set up a decent group composition while all these oh-so-kickable people are forced to group together and never getting past the first campfire because they keep needing to quit groups until they find one with a healer for any difficult content.

Our difference in perspective though is exactly why it is a genius idea we can both agree on. :-)

Nah, I think almost all people in a no-kick dungeon would understand the situation. They would finish the dungeons together and support each other in supportive roles. I fully support the idea. I think it is the best idea yet to combat the late-game abuse on Xbox.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    I have an easy solution I've tried to push. Probably simple to implement. Not the best, but a huge fix for alot of things.

Campfires. Only allow V2K to be initiated at a campfire. Only people who are at campfires could vote. Reduces the people who just vote yes quickly to get the box off the screen. People who legitimately need a specific class to continue, well they would be camped out at a fire roasting marshmellows anyway.

Would fix the kicking in combat, kicking after boss, randoms trying to lobby hijack, and people who are just too lazy. As in, if you truly want to kick someone, you would have to go out of your way to go find a campfire. Sure trolls could still kick every once in awhile throughout the dungeon, but the main areas for loot, they could not. The trolls would also need like minded people to follow them out of their way to a campfire just to vote yes.

N if trolls are still bent on just kicking, well they won't really be advancing in the dungeons, they would be forced to sit at one spot.

Seriously seems like an easy fix. Switch V2K mechanics like praying, only without the timer. No V2K should not have a timer. Period. Seems easy, again maybe not the best fix, but it cancels out alot of the issues very quickly.
  • shatodshatod Member Posts: 56
    edited May 2015
    Let them go kick happy....record it and submit it to xbox...it is a violation of xbox terms of service and xbox will ban there account....
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've said it before but I guess I'll say it again for the sake of having it in the "official" Vote Kick feedback" thread.

Disable vote kicking during combat (ANY party member) and disable vote kicking after a dungeon boss has been killed. Simple as that. People that are looking for specific classes for thier group can still try to get those classes, and other poor souls won't lose out on loot because somebody is a jerk and kicks at the very end to hog the loot for themselves.

Sidebar, I don't necessarily AGREE with kicking people when looking for a specific class as I feel you dno't need any one specific class to complete ANY of the content in this game... but that said, people should still be allowed to do this. Some people are just inherently weak players that are incapable of surviving without relying on another class to carry them through content. If a player is that weak at the game, think about it this way, you don't WANT to have to play with these people. You WANT to play with a group of competent players that are capable of fending for themselves.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
    edited May 2015
    enter queue as is..don't like what is there, leave......no on has the right to dictate how others should play or how a group should be..only little immature do that...beside a I said it violates TOS of Xbox..might violate neverwinter....but they have to use live to get on neverwinter...soon many will realize that as there account get banned from Xbox for there actions...don't know if they give warning or not...or maybe they should take this as a warning.......
  • ostkinfernoostkinferno Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    for me it is not the vote kicking that is an issue per say as more as the timing and place and reasons. Vote kicking is essential to the ques to work properly so that teams are fair as possible and nobody is getting screwed. However, and i think this is an issue now because Xbox has more players rather than the PC. But the issue now lies in the vote system is being exploited toward bullying and loot stealing. One way to solve this would be to disable vote kicking a set number of minutes before, during or after mini or major bosses. Another way would be to not que up more then one type of character per team with a guaranteed healer or wizard and guardian fighter or great weapons fighter. This would solve the healer/ tank issue. It may mean ques last longer but it would help. Another is to make unavailable all epic dungeon above your gear score. NOBODY wants to carry a person to the end unless its your guild member or friend and not so much because you dont play well but more so that when you reach the end your going to die much much faster then the rest and kill the whole thing especially with the spider queen or dread vault or spellplague. Just isnt gonna happen. Lastly need to require 4 votes for a kick not just 3 ppl. This way the team votes and not just a few players. Voting needs to stay though. Between players loot picking during battles and crappy players overall i love the kick system. I noticed however most of the kicking is done from players not wanting to compete with another player over loot drops a simple fix for that would to be able to set the loot table to round robin. This way its completely random and everyone has the fair shake. Ive had my fair shake of being kicked counting one time when at end of karrundax i got kicked before i could pick up the drops or the chest. However that still dont change my opinion of vote kicking. I still feel its essential to have. It does need some serious fixing. Also a way to report bad players in the game so others know that maybe they shouldn't play with these players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jchappell3jchappell3 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hrothdain wrote: »
    Yeah but its the constant kicking for no good reason that's the issue, legitimate reasons are few and far between

I just got kicked after the final boss was dead, Hrimnir. They kicked me while fighting the adds after Hrimnir was dead. After the scoreboard came up. I got 16mil damage. The next person under me only had 8mil damage. I hope they never have another successful dungeon. What kind of bs is this?? How is it allowed to kick AFTER the final boss is dead? Wtf??
    Scourge Warlock, Hellbringer. Gear Score 11k+

Gamertag: My Boots
    Character Name: Leonir
    edited May 2015
    ..and it is a violation of TOS for Xbox live and can get you ban from Xbox live
    edited May 2015
    for me it is not the vote kicking that is an issue per say as more as the timing and place and reasons. Vote kicking is essential to the ques to work properly so that teams are fair as possible and nobody is getting screwed. However, and i think this is an issue now because Xbox has more players rather than the PC. But the issue now lies in the vote system is being exploited toward bullying and loot stealing. One way to solve this would be to disable vote kicking a set number of minutes before, during or after mini or major bosses. Another way would be to not que up more then one type of character per team with a guaranteed healer or wizard and guardian fighter or great weapons fighter. This would solve the healer/ tank issue. It may mean ques last longer but it would help. Another is to make unavailable all epic dungeon above your gear score. NOBODY wants to carry a person to the end unless its your guild member or friend and not so much because you dont play well but more so that when you reach the end your going to die much much faster then the rest and kill the whole thing especially with the spider queen or dread vault or spellplague. Just isnt gonna happen. Lastly need to require 4 votes for a kick not just 3 ppl. This way the team votes and not just a few players. Voting needs to stay though. Between players loot picking during battles and crappy players overall i love the kick system. I noticed however most of the kicking is done from players not wanting to compete with another player over loot drops a simple fix for that would to be able to set the loot table to round robin. This way its completely random and everyone has the fair shake. Ive had my fair shake of being kicked counting one time when at end of karrundax i got kicked before i could pick up the drops or the chest. However that still dont change my opinion of vote kicking. I still feel its essential to have. It does need some serious fixing. Also a way to report bad players in the game so others know that maybe they shouldn't play with these players.

The dungeon have a minimum gear score to open. And have to meet that to have them open. So that point is mute. Carrying someone....well you queue into the dungeon so deal with it or leave....you shouldn't be the one to dictate who is carried or not...you are not the only person and should stop acting like you are. If you want your group a certain way with certain classes do it before queuing dungeon, otherwise you learn and adapt to what is in the queue. The kick system is a system that is abusive to players and used by bullies..and oh it does violates TOS of Xbox live...so take note..if you kicking sprees get recorded..and Xbox looks into it..you might get banned from Xbox Live!
  • masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jchappell3 wrote: »
    I just got kicked after the final boss was dead, Hrimnir. They kicked me while fighting the adds after Hrimnir was dead. After the scoreboard came up. I got 16mil damage. The next person under me only had 8mil damage. I hope they never have another successful dungeon. What kind of bs is this?? How is it allowed to kick AFTER the final boss is dead? Wtf??

I went through this dungeon three times and I was doing good dps. After Hrimnir fell three separate groups kicked me before I even got to open the chest. I couldn't care what loot dropped. I just want my armor drops. Kicking in pick up groups has gotten really bad. I could understand if noobs can't play without a dc, but kicking at boss is bs. If I want loot, I'd run with my guildies in CN or whatever not T2s. I hate these new players. They make you think that you'll finish the dungeon and then kick you.
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I spent so much money on this game. It breaks my heart when I get kicked for absolutely no reason!
  • snodacioussnodacious Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    codher0 wrote: »
    I spent so much money on this game. It breaks my heart when I get kicked for absolutely no reason!

I feel the same way. I even got kicked after defeating the end boss and all the Ads, they kicked me 5 feet from the chest. All dropped loot was already voted and I didn't receive any of it. So there was no reason for the kick other than they enjoyed doing it.
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    snodacious wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I even got kicked after defeating the end boss and all the Ads, they kicked me 5 feet from the chest. All dropped loot was already voted and I didn't receive any of it. So there was no reason for the kick other than they enjoyed doing it.

Arc encourages this kind of behaviour.........If they did not want it to happen they would sort it out....They demand that 90% of the playerbase(their customer) is made angry.
  • rotatezrotatez Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am guardian fighter, I quit this game after hitting 60 when it first came out on xbox one because it would get real laggy in instances, came back today to play.. didn't have any lag in game but what is this bs.. after I tank the boss's I get kicked out the dungeons so I get no loot? What kind of design is this? SUCH BS!

Well I will try this game again I guess in another month.. to see if endgame is any better.... not gunna put up with bs like that.. LATA
  • ggsurr20ggsurr20 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What is even the point of this thread, there is negative input from the moderators, all they've done is set up a clusterfck for people to argue in. The reason we post this is to get a response from you moderators, not so we can blindly argue with each other for no solution.
    -GGsurr20 - 17k Great Weapon Fighter-

-GGsurr15 - 10k Guardian Fighter-
    • daztripdaztrip Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      The mods will say they're only to make sure the forum rules are obeyed, nothing else. Basically glorified hall monitors.
    • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      jrourke wrote: »
      Arc encourages this kind of behaviour.........If they did not want it to happen they would sort it out....They demand that 90% of the playerbase (their customer) is made angry.

Accept they have said that they will be sorting it out... so that negates your point.
      Casual Gamers
      Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
      Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
      "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
    • smashedturkeysmashedturkey Member Posts: 12 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      When ESO goes live I am gone. Idiot programmers can't even script a proper queue system, no wonder the **** crashes/freezes when a dragon spawns on another ****ing instance...

NO OTHER MMO in all my years has been so ****ed up. I will go back to my $14.99 a month games and enjoy REAL queues.
      edited May 2015
      your dumb it does not violate xbox TOS go read them again.. vote kicking is perfectly acceptable.......... show me where ...........1.9 Are there things I can’t do on the Services? You must not use the Services to harm others or the Services. For example, you must not:

• Use the Services to harm, threaten, or harass another person, organization, or Microsoft;

• Damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Services (or any network or Authorized Device connected to the Services);

• Assign, resell, or redistribute any part of the Services or access to the Services, including the sale or purchase of an account;

• Share your account password or otherwise authorized a third party to access or use the Services on your behalf unless we provide an approved mechanism;

• Enable unauthorized third party applications to access the Services;

• Use the Services or any content on the Services for commercial purposes;

• Use or attempt to use any unauthorized means to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Services;

• Use any automated process or service (such as a bot, a spider, periodic caching of information stored by Microsoft, or metasearching) to access or use the Services, or to copy or scrape data from the Services;

• Obtain (or try to obtain) any data from the Services or related hardware, except the data that we intend to make available to you; or

• Use the Services or related hardware to design, develop, or update unauthorized software;

• Fraudulently increase the play count or otherwise manipulate the Services in any way, including using a script and/or otherwise automated process;

• Use unauthorized software or hardware to access the Services or modify an Authorized Device in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads). You agree that we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Services for the purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification and/or disabling the modified device; or

• Attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Services, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Services, or any hardware associated with the Services or with an Authorized Device. If you do, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Services, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deem appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this Agreement or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in it. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      edited May 2015
      shatod wrote: »
      Let them go kick happy....record it and submit it to xbox...it is a violation of xbox terms of service and xbox will ban there account....

no it isnt.... stop telling lies..........or prove where it says it
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • secretgamertagsecretgamertag Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Once an item is picked up and rolled on, it should not matter where you are when the final person chooses their option. Your roll should still count towards the item whether you are in that group/dungeon/skirmish or not. Its bull**** how groups of 3 can get away with going into dungeons or skirmishes (like Tuern), and control all the loot.. Something good drops and they will kick the 2 they don't know to ensure that 1 of them get the item, even after the item has been picked up and the 2 being kicked have rolled on it. This seems to happen more times than not and makes it pointless trying to do anything unless you know 2 other people in the group and control the vote..

Yes i understand this wouldn't be a fix all because they would still sometimes still get a vote off before the the item gets picked up and rolled on.. So possibly add in, not allowing votes to start while someone is in combat.. This would eliminate the kicks right as a boss is about to die, someones sees loot on the ground and throws up a vote before its picked up, etc..
    • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
      edited May 2015
      no it isnt.... stop telling lies..........or prove where it says it

Should feel free to block and report them for unsporting conduct though, destroy their rep and see how many people they get to participate with in future.
    • challenjourggchallenjourgg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      shatod wrote: »
      ..and it is a violation of TOS for Xbox live and can get you ban from Xbox live

I really wanna believe this but i'm going to need proof man, people keep saying they'll get banned and people "rage" at them but what's the point of saying these things miraculously happen without some sort of screenshot at least.
    • karma4presidentkarma4president Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      marloong wrote: »
      I have a solution. Don't play the game anymore. I won't until it's fixed.

LOL right!!!!! U KNOW I actually saw a guild named boot and loot....i mean wth...
    • stiehl9sstiehl9s Member Posts: 26 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      anyone that thinks the vote kicking isn't a problem...is the problem with vote kicking

I like the idea of VK only being able to be done at campfires. Ive seen groups run off before waiting on a replacement and then a minute later Vote to kick because '2 far'. Its ridiculous.

I'd like to vote to kick the Vote to Kick option.

There's no need for a certain a party make up on any of these dungeons. Ive done plenty with no healers and/or no tanks. Anyone thinking those two classes are necessary are sitting back going full ranged like cowards and don't know how to take out add's.

Its a great game but VK will be its downfall if something isn't done about it
    • snake3y3s00snake3y3s00 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
      edited May 2015
      Vote kicking system in this game must be overhauled. I already know quite a few people that are simply going to quit playing this game because the vote kicking system just removes all fun from this game. Taking 30 minutes to get in a dungeon because you get kicked every time you join is just dumb. They need to fix it where 3 dps a tank and a healer queue for every dungeon. There needs to be a cooldown on vote kicking and MOST IMPORTANTLY you should not be able to kick on an end boss or after the fight is done. it has a term already LOOT AND BOOT HOW ridiculous!!! get your act together perfect world or you are gonna lose a lot of players . elder scrolls online is almost here. If they don't change the vote kick system I AM OUT!!
    This discussion has been closed.