What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My understanding is that white companions will max out at level 20 instead of 15, green will max out at 25 instead of 20, blue will max out at 30 instead of 25, and purple will max out at 35 instead of 30.

Edit: I'm not sure where that puts orange companions, though...

Ok, that makes more sense. I *think*the green did turn into blue when I tested it but that could just be a bug. With the server down, there is no way to double check my thought.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Much of my lifesteal is on my augment. Plus I'm not ranking a cleric companion to max just so it doesn't die in the middle of combat. eSoT and eLoL are difficult enough as it is for my 17k GF.

I've done similar with LS on my augment but I was using a L25 Battlefield Medic on preview without issues. There are other healing companions beyond the basic cleric. As an aside, I will be interested to see how the LS changes have affected my Acolyte of Kelemvor, she was my go-to 'healer' up until mod 4 when I finally got an augment.

If you're using KV in eSoT and eLol your survivability may depend more on your team-mates ability to avoid taking hits. Otherwise I'm still not seeing the problems you describe.
    the thing is healing companions die to fast to even heal you...

As a GF you've got the skills to draw agro away from your companion. Unless you're stil using a common level companion in L60 content.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As a GF you've got the skills to draw agro away from your companion. Unless you're stil using a common level companion in L60 content.

You DO know how bad their AI is, right? They charge right up there and eat AoEs, even when they're not the target.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would it be simpler to allow one more level of overflow whether you had 1 point of overflow, 249,999 points of overflow or somewhere in between to go to the next overflow, collect your overflow reward and start towards level 61 from there?

Artifact gear +20 levels max - sweet.
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Xp currently in overflow will stay there until you are level 70 and then magically reappear to give a boost on your next overflow reward.

Artifact gear will not rank up to 120. They will, most likely, add an additional 20 ranks just like regular artifacts.
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Shard is up! If you have issues getting disconnected when attempting to login to the Well of Dragons, please move your character on the Live shard to Protectors Enclave, then reimport your character.

Patch Notes
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Life Steal: No longer activates on all attacks. Life Steal now increases the chance to activate life steal, which will steal an amount equal to the life steal severity the player has.

Or you buff SW realy hard or give them same as TR on crit, since they can get up to 50%+ crit chance, so SW must have something like that for LS and a very big one.
  • Options
    drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2015

• Enchantments and Runestones may now be refined up to rank 12!
    • Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120.

Lol.
    I have 16 enchantments and Runestones on my character and companion. It cost me huge amount of time and money to get them. Even if the cost stays the same as before, I won't spend again the same amount.
    Plus I have a bad feeling that the cost will be exponential (needing another 16 rk 10 enchants to get to lvl 11).
    As for the artifacts... same remark.

• Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
    • Companions: Companions now have an Expert and Master passive power that unlocks in additional ranks.

We'll see how much it costs. It may turn out more affordable than the enchants. Though over a million is certainly not what I call easily affordable.
    Still, it may be interesting for the passive.

• Professions can now all reach level 25 (currently still in development)

I hope they can produce something useful and relevant to lvl70.

• Combat: Artifact equipment will be increased in power to start at Item Level 90 before this module goes live.

Could you please clarify what that means ?
    Does that mean that all artifacts will start as lvl 90 ? Thus meaning that all of us that have poured time and money to level up our artifacts will be screwed ?
  • Options
    starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    You DO know how bad their AI is, right? They charge right up there and eat AoEs, even when they're not the target.

that to..if only they knew better :rolleyes:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015

My GF's Alchemist, Henry, doesn't die in solo content. Ever. I put him away for group stuff, dragon heroics, etc. He's awesome though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Could you please clarify what that means ?
    Does that mean that all artifacts will start as lvl 90 ? Thus meaning that all of us that have poured time and money to level up our artifacts will be screwed ?

"Item level" is not based on the rank of your artifact gear, but a measure of how powerful your equipment is. "Average item level" is what they're using to replace gear score. So a rank 1 green artifact gear item is apparently going to start as "item level 90" in terms of how the game counts it as a measure of your thing-that-they-won't-call-gear-score.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited January 2015
    My GF's Alchemist, Henry, doesn't die in solo content. Ever. I put him away for group stuff, dragon heroics, etc. He's awesome though.

lol good for u then :p
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No I don't want some short bald guy following my female tiefling around....
  • Options
    shadymunkae#8074 shadymunkae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is preview down atm? can't seem to get in :/
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    ant1309 wrote: »
    is preview down atm? can't seem to get in :/
    Yes, please see the thread:
    Sticky: NeverwinterPreview Investigation 1/23 (Preview Server Offline)

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    No I don't want some short bald guy following my female tiefling around....

haha and we wouldnt want you know what to happen would we :rolleyes:
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Item level" is not based on the rank of your artifact gear, but a measure of how powerful your equipment is. "Average item level" is what they're using to replace gear score. So a rank 1 green artifact gear item is apparently going to start as "item level 90" in terms of how the game counts it as a measure of your thing-that-they-won't-call-gear-score.

This. In-game wise though, as far as interactions between players go it'll change absolutely nothing whatsoever as people will just change their acronym from GS to IL, change the number they're typing, and otherwise continue to say and do identical things regarding it as they are now unless this value is hidden from public inspection.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "Potions: We have changed the way that stat enhancing potions work. Now you may have only one normal stat enhancing potion in effect at one time. The magnitude of many stat potions has also been increased."

That is some serious nerfing if I am reading this right.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    amenephis wrote: »
    This. In-game wise though, as far as interactions between players go it'll change absolutely nothing whatsoever as people will just change their acronym from GS to IL, change the number they're typing, and otherwise continue to say and do identical things regarding it as they are now unless this value is hidden from public inspection.

Hiding it will only make it worse as it makes people clique up. I've seen when things get hidden in other games, that was the result and it became very hard for new players to get a group if they weren't already well known to others. I don't know what the solution is to the gs drama, but hiding ilvl or gs or whatever does not eliminate problems but causes all new ones that are just as bad if not worse.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So just to clarify, the level 60 Epic Gear I have that are not Artifacts will become basically worthless? If true, then that means there will be new gear-sets, Rings and Pants etc that will vary from level 61 to level 70 and will be acquired as we progress through the new campaign?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I am not getting the impression that our current level 60 epic gear is going to be "item level 60" at all.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9952731&viewfull=1#post9952731

T1 gear is ilvl 130? Maybe? We should be able to start figuring it out when the shard is actually up.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Rank 1 Green Artifact Equipment have an Item Level of 90.

Tier 1 stuff have an Item Level of 130.

Tier 2 stuff have an Item Level of 140.

Tiers 2.5 have an Item Level of 145.

Tiers 3 have an Item Level of 150, etc etc.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is no way they will keep old level 60 gear viable at level 70, so honestly item level at this point is moot, until people start reaching the new level cap. The only thing is if they possibly increase the artifact equipment to 70 and the item level will grow as it scales.

Even in other MMO's, item levels aren't important during the questing phase. It only matter when you reach end game.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I am not getting the impression that our current level 60 epic gear is going to be "item level 60" at all.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9952731&viewfull=1#post9952731

T1 gear is ilvl 130? Maybe? We should be able to start figuring it out when the shard is actually up.
    mirlegris wrote: »
    Rank 1 Green Artifact Equipment have an Item Level of 90.

Tier 1 stuff have an Item Level of 130.

Tier 2 stuff have an Item Level of 140.

Tiers 2.5 have an Item Level of 145.

Tiers 3 have an Item Level of 150, etc etc.

Where are you guys getting this? Are you talking about updated tier gear? I transferred my SW to preview yesterday, and my T2 gear was ilvl 60.
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Okay so.
    That makes the Pathfinder HR class feature Battlehoned absolutely worthless now.

Battlehoned grants regeneration 300 regeneration for x seconds upon taking damage.
    Regeneration now only works out of combat.

That contradicts itself. Even if you took damage just as combat was about to be over, by the time combat mode ends your battlehoned will be just about fully wasted and over. Not to mention potions have no cooldown out of combat anyway so can just use that. lol.

The regeneration changes makes no sense, and just messes up all sorts of stuff.
  • Options
    cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Where are you guys getting this? Are you talking about updated tier gear? I transferred my SW to preview yesterday, and my T2 gear was ilvl 60.

There are these in the known issues of the patch notes:
    • Most level 60 Epic Equipment has been updated to have its correct item level. Some of these items however, are still at Item Level 60.
    • Combat: Artifact equipment will be increased in power to start at Item Level 90 before this module goes live.

That explains the artifact rank 1 = level 90 and why perhaps your average item level was only 60, my GF was 76.

The rest is explained in the stat changes thread, "when you reach your first tier of dungeons (item level 130)" and "Each tier of items is 10 ilvls higher than its predecessors, with half tiers being 5 ilvls"
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    There are these in the known issues of the patch notes:

That explains the artifact rank 1 = level 90. The rest is explained in the stat changes thread, "when you reach your first tier of dungeons (item level 130)" and "Each tier of items is 10 ilvls higher than its predecessors, with half tiers being 5 ilvls"

Ah the patch notes have far more in them than when I read them earlier in the day when the patch was pushed thru.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm getting "server unavailable at this time" since yesterday :(:(:(
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    -Not everyone has level 10 enchants. They sell for min 2 million AD on AH. Bringing level 12 enchants make no sense. You are making this for only your paid customers. Which makes this game p2w.

-Companions. So we can make them legendary right? For what price? 1 million Ad? or 3 million Ad? If i remember right upgrading your companion from blue to epic you have to give 300k AD. Another paid customer's upgrade.

-Makin proffesions 25 is another useless idea. Making leadership 20 even takes ages unless you pay 400k for Hero. Which is also for paid customers. Which makes this game p2w.

- classes will have new feats etc. Thats ok but not priority. Your priority is to make all classes equal first. Priests go solo in dungeons without need of gwf and cw. They are just healers lol.

-Upgrading artifact takes ages if you play legally which i do. Do i have to use bot from now on for to reach level 120? Look around you everyone is afk farming...

-You nerf life steal and regen but increase the power of enemies. Cool. But did you ever thought about cw or sw before doing this? Are you going to increase our armor vales +5 and defense values +2000? Than ok for me. But if not don't touch our only survival option! We DON'T have armor like orher close combat classes!

This all patch is a disaster from up to bottom.

Not: I am not against paying but i am against who forces players to pay.
  • Options
    nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited January 2015
This discussion has been closed.