test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How the hell do GFs survive now? Potions are useless for them!

Besides, what's the point of the regen changes? Potions have no cooldown when out of combat. Hope and pray someone heals you in combat!?
  • starboijuhelstarboijuhel Member Posts: 45
    edited January 2015
    and thats where the dc's shine ;)
    edited January 2015
    and thats where the dc's shine ;)

90% of this game is just solo, plus you can't trust people to keep you alive anyway. I've seen enough DCs ignore me while I'm slowly dying. Current content to too fast paced. You're dead before someone realizes your health is low.
    edited January 2015
    haha i dont ignore people tho :cool: i always stop and heal for some odd reason
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A little selective memory here. Most of the major CW testers said the mod4 Storm spell was delusional. I'm looking at the feedback thread. Our crowd control wasn't nerfed, only our damage, then they gave the xbox friendly storm spell in place of our encounter based DPS. Shard actually took skill to use in tab.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Any companions that are blue rank + costs AD to upgrade as normal. Not quite sure what the gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality is about aside from maybe white - green rank being free. Kind of confusing statement.

My understanding is that white companions will max out at level 20 instead of 15, green will max out at 25 instead of 20, blue will max out at 30 instead of 25, and purple will max out at 35 instead of 30.

Edit: I'm not sure where that puts orange companions, though...
    edited January 2015
    I guess if I rank my cold iron warrior to 40 from 30, it'll then do 400 damage, up from 300! Yay!
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    90% of this game is just solo, plus you can't trust people to keep you alive anyway. I've seen enough DCs ignore me while I'm slowly dying. Current content to too fast paced. You're dead before someone realizes your health is low.

There's an array of healing companions to help keep the solo player alive during combat as well. Otherwise I really can't comment, I had no survival issues with my GF but I only played up to the last quest in the first area including one HE. I'll see what happens when the enemy difficultly starts catching up to my gear (note I don't have anything legendary).
    edited January 2015
    There's an array of healing companions to help keep the solo player alive during combat as well. Otherwise I really can't comment, I had no survival issues with my GF but I only played up to the last quest in the first area including one HE. I'll see what happens when the enemy difficultly starts catching up to my gear (note I don't have anything legendary).

Much of my lifesteal is on my augment. Plus I'm not ranking a cleric companion to max just so it doesn't die in the middle of combat. eSoT and eLoL are difficult enough as it is for my 17k GF.
    edited January 2015
    I guess if I rank my cold iron warrior to 40 from 30, it'll then do 400 damage, up from 300! Yay!

lol sad but true huh :p
    edited January 2015

the thing is healing companions die to fast to even heal you...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Having played a healing specced DO DC since Alpha, I have learned to anticipate when to cast Heals, and now with the way Virtuous causes glorious Heals over Time effects, most people I play with are constantly gaining hit points back as long as they stay relatively near the group as a whole.

I've also learned that if a player cannot be bothered to stay by me or the party, then I won't go out of my way, and the rest of the party's way, to heal them. For more often than not, trying to chase a hurt player that runs around like a chicken without a head, causes another player to not get the HoT effects they desire or even need. Which also takes away from time that could better be used to cause debuffs and mitigation for the party.

Pro-tip: Well skilled Healing Clerics know to stay by the group and if one leaves that vicinity and doesn't get healed, it's no one's fault but ones own. In other words, don't run away from your friendly clerics, or the party.
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Having played a healing specced DO DC since Alpha, I have learned to anticipate when to cast Heals, and now with the way Virtuous causes glorious Heals over Time effects, most people I play with are constantly gaining hit points back as long as they stay relatively near the group as a whole.

I've also learned that if a player cannot be bothered to stay by me or the party, then I won't go out of my way, and the rest of the party's way, to heal them. For more often than not, trying to chase a hurt player that runs around like a chicken without a head, causes another player to not get the HoT effects they desire or even need. Which also takes away from time that could better be used to cause debuffs and mitigation for the party.

Pro-tip: Well skilled Healing Clerics know to stay by the group and if one leaves that vicinity and doesn't get healed, it's no one's fault but ones own. In other words, don't run away from your friendly clerics, or the party.

nice tip there :cool:
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »

Problem there, 90% of people do this. You can't be good at your role when almost everyone is always scattering all over the place. You got them flying forward, you got them rocketing behind you with mobs. By then you can't keep track of anyone.

Lastly you have the issue of incompetent clerics in the party that don't even heal you even when you're in front of them.
    edited January 2015
    Problem there, 90% of people do this. You can't be good at your role when almost everyone is always scattering all over the place. You got them flying forward, you got them rocketing behind you with mobs. By then you can't keep track of anyone.

so true..tell that to the people in neverdeath that pulls alot of mobs and since im the dc......you know what happens
    edited January 2015
    so true..tell that to the people in neverdeath that pulls alot of mobs and since im the dc......you know what happens

Caverns of Karrundax is a good example of the chaos that will likely ensue.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Or Maybe Orange chests with potency marks (blue and Purple) and refining stones (and coal wards)
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Level 25 crafting professions?

Makes me wonder what level 25 leadership will do. Would it be to much to hope for tasks that award large chests filled with refinement stones?
    edited January 2015
    So....

Will 10% from Regen stat = 100% increased incoming healing from off-sources? If not it's pretty much just useless if it's 10% too.
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My understanding is that white companions will max out at level 20 instead of 15, green will max out at 25 instead of 20, blue will max out at 30 instead of 25, and purple will max out at 35 instead of 30.

Edit: I'm not sure where that puts orange companions, though...

Ok, that makes more sense. I *think*the green did turn into blue when I tested it but that could just be a bug. With the server down, there is no way to double check my thought.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Much of my lifesteal is on my augment. Plus I'm not ranking a cleric companion to max just so it doesn't die in the middle of combat. eSoT and eLoL are difficult enough as it is for my 17k GF.

I've done similar with LS on my augment but I was using a L25 Battlefield Medic on preview without issues. There are other healing companions beyond the basic cleric. As an aside, I will be interested to see how the LS changes have affected my Acolyte of Kelemvor, she was my go-to 'healer' up until mod 4 when I finally got an augment.

If you're using KV in eSoT and eLol your survivability may depend more on your team-mates ability to avoid taking hits. Otherwise I'm still not seeing the problems you describe.
    the thing is healing companions die to fast to even heal you...

As a GF you've got the skills to draw agro away from your companion. Unless you're stil using a common level companion in L60 content.
    edited January 2015
    As a GF you've got the skills to draw agro away from your companion. Unless you're stil using a common level companion in L60 content.

You DO know how bad their AI is, right? They charge right up there and eat AoEs, even when they're not the target.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would it be simpler to allow one more level of overflow whether you had 1 point of overflow, 249,999 points of overflow or somewhere in between to go to the next overflow, collect your overflow reward and start towards level 61 from there?

Artifact gear +20 levels max - sweet.
    graalx3 wrote: »
    Xp currently in overflow will stay there until you are level 70 and then magically reappear to give a boost on your next overflow reward.

Artifact gear will not rank up to 120. They will, most likely, add an additional 20 ranks just like regular artifacts.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Shard is up! If you have issues getting disconnected when attempting to login to the Well of Dragons, please move your character on the Live shard to Protectors Enclave, then reimport your character.

Patch Notes
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Life Steal: No longer activates on all attacks. Life Steal now increases the chance to activate life steal, which will steal an amount equal to the life steal severity the player has.

Or you buff SW realy hard or give them same as TR on crit, since they can get up to 50%+ crit chance, so SW must have something like that for LS and a very big one.
  • drakefrienddrakefriend Member Posts: 56
    edited January 2015

• Enchantments and Runestones may now be refined up to rank 12!
    • Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120.

Lol.
    I have 16 enchantments and Runestones on my character and companion. It cost me huge amount of time and money to get them. Even if the cost stays the same as before, I won't spend again the same amount.
    Plus I have a bad feeling that the cost will be exponential (needing another 16 rk 10 enchants to get to lvl 11).
    As for the artifacts... same remark.

• Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
    • Companions: Companions now have an Expert and Master passive power that unlocks in additional ranks.

We'll see how much it costs. It may turn out more affordable than the enchants. Though over a million is certainly not what I call easily affordable.
    Still, it may be interesting for the passive.

• Professions can now all reach level 25 (currently still in development)

I hope they can produce something useful and relevant to lvl70.

• Combat: Artifact equipment will be increased in power to start at Item Level 90 before this module goes live.

Could you please clarify what that means ?
    Does that mean that all artifacts will start as lvl 90 ? Thus meaning that all of us that have poured time and money to level up our artifacts will be screwed ?
    edited January 2015
    You DO know how bad their AI is, right? They charge right up there and eat AoEs, even when they're not the target.

that to..if only they knew better :rolleyes:
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015

My GF's Alchemist, Henry, doesn't die in solo content. Ever. I put him away for group stuff, dragon heroics, etc. He's awesome though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Could you please clarify what that means ?
    Does that mean that all artifacts will start as lvl 90 ? Thus meaning that all of us that have poured time and money to level up our artifacts will be screwed ?

"Item level" is not based on the rank of your artifact gear, but a measure of how powerful your equipment is. "Average item level" is what they're using to replace gear score. So a rank 1 green artifact gear item is apparently going to start as "item level 90" in terms of how the game counts it as a measure of your thing-that-they-won't-call-gear-score.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2015
    My GF's Alchemist, Henry, doesn't die in solo content. Ever. I put him away for group stuff, dragon heroics, etc. He's awesome though.

lol good for u then :p
    edited January 2015

No I don't want some short bald guy following my female tiefling around....
  • shadymunkae#8074 shadymunkae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is preview down atm? can't seem to get in :/
This discussion has been closed.