test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150122b.1

Comments

• etnad321etnad321 Banned Users Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    with the nerf to LS and regen i highly recommend you to give GWF an decent selfhealing ability else the class ill most likely not survive in next mod

change unstoppable recovery feat to heal 5/10/15/20/25% of ur total HP over 10 seconds or so.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A constant small flow of HP and the ability to get big spikes on demand is ALWAYS better than random spikes that you have no control over (this is exactly the same as all the awful enchants that activate randomly without your input that nobody uses by the way).
    You take a big hit, you use hard hitting powers to get life back. What will happen now is that you take a big hit, use hard hitting powers and if the life steal doesn't proc you die.

x10 for rangers. They can only wear AC9 leather and don't hit anywhere near as hard as someone with a sword. Their maximum AC is 17, and that's with a legendary Lathander's cloak.

By the way, I managed to take a look at the defense stat before Preview was brought down. For 6200 defense, damage resistance went from 48% on Live to 49% on Preview. gmc, I expect better if all in-combat-regen is being zeroed out in a game where we have to solo dailies the vast majority of the time. There's a saying: "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop". Here it's "I carry regen because I can't carry a DC" -- and spare me about companions: I can summon my Cleric Disciple, which takes away upwards of 1000 defense and 4000 HP when I put my augment away. That's a non-starter.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • deadshadows86deadshadows86 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    x10 for rangers. They can only wear AC9 leather and don't hit anywhere near as hard as someone with a sword. Their maximum AC is 17, and that's with a legendary Lathander's cloak.

By the way, I managed to take a look at the defense stat before Preview was brought down. For 6200 defense, damage resistance went from 48% on Live to 49% on Preview. gmc, I expect better if all in-combat-regen is being zeroed out in a game where we have to solo dailies the vast majority of the time. There's a saying: "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop". Here it's "I carry regen because I can't carry a DC" -- and spare me about companions: I can summon my Cleric Disciple, which takes away upwards of 1000 defense and 4000 HP when I put my augment away. That's a non-starter.

Same problem with any classes in fact (other than DC and future OP i immagine), i hope they will at least make heal potion having a lots more health potential than today ... My GF will become useless the more i read about this module ... Well at least in dungeeons i think GWF will be less tanking than today and GF will need a DC for surviving ... (I will need to try to solo all epic dungeon as GF before it come to live ... only 1 made so far and if regen is dead, then need to do it before ...)
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im crying in corner right now, with rp system, rp drop rate and rp items prices we all r doomed, i thought now it was bad, but if changes will stay as it is we have nothing to do here coz its simply immposible playing casual with this rp demand... and enchants to r12, with current enchants system it must be a joke.

Do u guys at least have any plan for rp system? to make them more approachable?

Just say u have a freaking plan, which results wont clean the population of casuals... now even making hoard enchants without ICD wont cover all this rp demand we will get. DO U SEE IT?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    zacazu wrote: »
    tank my ***... if this change affect cws, the comunity will cry and the class will be more powerfull than ever.

Noone beats the crying river of Gwfs!

Do you think a Gwf wouldn't use lifesteal more?
    Even me having only a casual Gwf knowledge I think it does...
  • cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Shard is up! If you have issues getting disconnected when attempting to login to the Well of Dragons, please move your character on the Live shard to Protectors Enclave, then reimport your character.

New Features
    Level Cap increased to 70!
    • With the release of Module 6: Elemental Evil we are increasing the level cap and the many systems that are associated with that including:
    • New class features and feats for each class!
    • Enchantments and Runestones may now be refined up to rank 12!
    • Artifacts may be refined up to rank 120.
    • Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.
    • Professions can now all reach level 25 (currently still in development)
    • New items, potions, refinement stones and profession resources to accommodate for the new level cap!

The Drowned Shore
    In the wake of the defeat of the Blackdagger Bandits, trade along the High Road gradually resumed. Rangers of the Emerald Enclave took it upon themselves to guide merchants and travelers through the stretch of coastal forest that surrounds the Blackdagger Ruins, while keeping watch to assure the fortress did not become home to some other baneful force.

A contingent of dwarf miners under Udo Stonekin took up working the abandoned mines in the area with modest success.

Meanwhile, Lord Neverember assigned a small contingent of Neverwinter Guards to garrison the lighthouses at Raven Cliff Beach with orders to prevent those beacons from falling into the hands of pirates and wreckers as happened once before.

The Guards were somewhat surprised to find an ornate tower built on the shore. They learned this tower was built by followers of Lliira who called it the Fountain of Delights. Visitors were offered relaxing, scented baths. Seeing no harm in this, the guards went about their business.

Patch Notes
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • All characters should receive a forced respec to accommodate feat tree and power changes.
      • Classes now have a new feats for each path as well as two new class features (some are still a work in progress or not ye implemented)
      • Enemies more than 2 levels above you will result in a sharp increase in difficulty. (Down from 5 Levels).
      • Regeneration: No longer provides in Combat Health Regeneration. Now increases the effectiveness of healing spells cast against you and provides out of Combat health regeneration.
      • Life Steal: No longer activates on all attacks. Life Steal now increases the chance to activate life steal, which will steal an amount equal to the life steal severity the player has.

Items and Economy
    • All Overload slot enchantments can now stack up to 99 if no time has been used.
    • Companions: Companions now have an Expert and Master passive power that unlocks in additional ranks.
    • Mulhorand, Dragonbone, Xvim and the Bahamut Fang equipment stops levelscaling at level 60.
    • Potions: We have changed the way that stat enhancing potions work. Now you may have only one normal stat enhancing potion in effect at one time. The magnitude of many stat potions has also been increased.
    • PvP healing potions now give an error message when you attempt to use them outside of PvP

User Interface
    • Average Item Level displayed on your character sheet in place of Gearscore will be used to gate character’s from entering some Dungeons and Zones in the same way that Gearscore did. We are still in the process of finalizing exactly what will go into this number and it will be a sum of the item levels of your equipment, enchantments and artifacts.
    • Gearscore has been replaced with "Average Item Level".
    • Removed 'Exit Now' button from Change Character countdown menu option. Changed Log Off menu flow, so it never shows a countdown timer. Instead, if you are in an area where your character will stay on the map after you log off, it tells you how long your character will stay. Currently Protector's Enclave is the only area where you can logoff instantly.

Known Issues
    • Most level 60 Epic Equipment has been updated to have its correct item level. Some of these items however, are still at Item Level 60.
    • Combat: Artifact equipment will be increased in power to start at Item Level 90 before this module goes live.
    • The Campaign Zones (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, & WoD) & Queues have been turned off to focus attention on the new Drowned Shore content & level cap increase.
    • Some quest interacts may not appropriately grant objective credit while in a party.
    • Some of the Quest Tracker objectives & waypoints and not update while in a party.
    • Heroic Encounters grant Success Rewards on the Failure Condition
    • Protectors Enclave area in front of the market is undergoing renovations.

This is all fine and dandy. your forgetting the newbys... And what the heck happened to this guild system ??? No mention on the guild system while you sit here and mess up everyone Builds AGAIN........ Are you planing on fixing the archer class or is it going to be just a pvp charecter? because it sux in pve... Peoples boot archers out of the parties in dungoens because they are that bad. IT sucks because thats my fav class and i dont pvp... you guys promote Dungeons and Dragons, And NeverWinter. yet you guys are pushing this pvp garbage.. Do you know that Both dnd and neverwinter are Roleplay games. Not pvp games ??? Such a disapointment.... Again... I dont see what you guys are doing with the guild system in these notes. That is the only thing Im interested in.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Noone beats the crying river of Gwfs!

Do you think a Gwf wouldn't use lifesteal more?
    Even me having only a casual Gwf knowledge I think it does...

The reason of this gwf situation- and the game - is 100% due to demonstrably false feedback of your community who, unable to compete on equal environment, begin to appeal to the only scenario where they are unbeatable: gossip

against facts there are not arguments.

note:the cw comunity today is far better than the comunity in the past... it seems that after getting what they wanted - destroy the game - the trolls left.

see you in lower depths.
  • yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it doesnt show up the preview-shard in server option at launching?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    "The server is unavailable at this time"

no login for me
    I aim to misbehave
    edited January 2015
    And can't even image how CWs are "destroying the game"!
    In your mind probably they are all source of evil: bad loots, endless grind, bad pvp party etc.
    All I see are the same 5-10 person are badmouthing CWs since mod2 and guess what? They are all GWFs...
  • yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    "The server is unavailable at this time"

no login for me

same here when i tried to login with main acc.

unmain acc with 4lvl char couldnt even get in shard
    edited January 2015
    maybe you do not know the story of one who, after being fully exposed by me, apologized for "being drunk".

or who reported steel blitz ... or that reported 12% extra damage from the feets while cw bonus granted 4 / 5x more often ... or the roar of 5 secs ... the list goes on.

the rest is just the history of the game. nothing to say.

of course, iam including certain dev like cw.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah. i guess they're fixing/adding stuff as I type this. Oh well, I'll try later today.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I got to do a little testing before the shutdown. Couldn't set my boons for IWD, DR, Sharandar, so could not re-spec.

A couple of questions:
    a) existing level 60 epic gear (AoW for example, Corrupted/Purified Black Ice), will it be upgraded to level 70 or must we re-acquire our gear?
    b) any point to creating Personalized Archmage/... Rings/Belts/Necklaces? Are they now going to be obsolete (trying to avoid wasting AD if they're about to be pointless).
    c) Should we bother to put RP into our artifact equipment at all? Especially as the new level 70 gear may be better?
    edited January 2015
    maybe you do not know the story of one who, after being fully exposed by me, apologized for "being drunk".

or who reported steel blitz ... or that reported 12% extra damage from the feets while cw bonus granted 4 / 5x more often ... or the roar of 5 secs ... the list goes on.

the rest is just the history of the game. nothing to say.

of course, iam including certain dev like cw.

And who are reporting CWs good pve feats like assailing etc constantly beacuse of the saint and holy pvp? Guess what again! Pvper Gwfs...
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People, if you haven't figured it out already, all you have to do is look at the most recent expansion to Star Trek Online to see how Cryptic is going to run this one, because it sounds like it's going to be exactly the same, starting with dramatic shifts to existing content to force players onto the new content, so then their numbers say that lots of players are playing the new content.

Then you add enormous amounts of grinding, just like...stupid amounts. This will be further hidden behind RNG, which has a high chance to simply void all of your grinding to that point, and make you start over.

This will also make running multiple characters absurdly expensive in terms of time, money, or both.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    Yeah. i guess they're fixing/adding stuff as I type this. Oh well, I'll try later today.

Don't bother.

From the NeverwinterPreview forums:
    "Our investigations into this issue revealed problems that will prevent us from bringing NeverwinterPreview back up this weekend. We hope to have Preview up and ready as early as we can next week. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your support"
    edited January 2015
    Maybe we are reading different forums!
    Most CW players are enjoying PVE and most PvP complainers are from different classes.

TR class is imbalanced? You mean in pvp right? Of course you mean pvp what else! My bad!
    Well guessing from the complaints in forums than I think its not really balanced in pvp . But Its not really my business.
    edited January 2015
    1 - cause and consequence.

2 - cws should have the pve perfomance halved since m1.

The (broken) performance of this class in pve have been the paradgma of "reworks" and a lot of bad decisions is the beginning of this insanity (dont forget "i dont have damage", when my cws in blue gear hit by 50k shard/solo).

pvp i dont know. any word about that is pedantism
    edited January 2015
    1 - cause and consequence.

2 - cws should have the pve perfomance halved since m1.

The (broken) performance of this class in pve have been the paradgma of "reworks" and a lot of bad decisions is the beginning of this insanity.

pvp i dont know. any word about that is pedantism

Sure sure and GWfs should get extra mod2 style deep gash I guess!
    edited January 2015
    I insulted the dev in preview when he gave deepgash instead to solve the smallest problems of the class (i dont have a cw in this time, so my old perspective is a lot purist ).
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what you do, without completely redesigning the class, you can't nerf the CW class. Why? Simple, because of the way the class, mechanically works. Sure, you could downscale its damage by 50% now, but 2 mods later it would be in exactly the same position, due to gear inflation. The AoE abilities CW's have scale in effectiveness far better then the abilities other classes have, simply because of their nature.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's not get up in arms about anything until we can actually test the stuff.

At the very least, we'll probably have rank 5 enchantments dropping at level 70 in place of rank 4 ones.

I can attest to that. I was in the preview last night and had multiple level 5 enchantment drops.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited January 2015
    turn the class a moderate burst class, down the control, 0 dots, max cap 8 and medium radius and see if you dont balance the class easily.

but today dont make diference. and dont will happening anyway
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Someone tested the ioun stone of radiance before the server went down and said it was unlocked to rank 25 for free. Not sure if it's intentional or not. Otherwise it's an excellent deal..

All my companions went up 5 levels, and for the green one the final slot also opened.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    For those commenting on the Preview Server being down:
    Sticky: NeverwinterPreview Investigation 1/23 (Preview Server Offline)

There's no ETA as of yet. Many of us are hopeful that it will be back Monday, but this is hopeful speculation due to most of the devs being off work for the Weekend and it being unknown how long it will take to fix what went wrong. However, we do know it won't be back up until at least Monday, but probably not until later:
    akromatik wrote: »
    Our investigations into this issue revealed problems that will prevent us from bringing NeverwinterPreview back up this weekend. We hope to have Preview up and ready as early as we can next week. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your support.
    Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    shiani1 wrote: »
    All my companions went up 5 levels, and for the green one the final slot also opened.

Green to blue was free, but you still have to manually train them. Certainly not a complaint, but it would have to be conveyed to players a bit easier (for those that don't keep up with patch notes). You could rush the training job with AD though.
    panderus wrote: »
    [*]Companions can now earn Legendary quality and gain up to rank 40 with new passive powers to unlock! Companions can all also gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality.

Any companions that are blue rank + costs AD to upgrade as normal. Not quite sure what the gain 5 new ranks regardless of their current quality is about aside from maybe white - green rank being free. Kind of confusing statement.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • hodielhodiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    For those commenting on the Preview Server being down:
    Sticky: NeverwinterPreview Investigation 1/23 (Preview Server Offline)

There's no ETA as of yet. Many of us are hopeful that it will be back Monday, but this is hopeful speculation due to most of the devs being off work for the Weekend and it being unknown how long it will take to fix what went wrong. However, we do know it won't be back up until at least Monday, but probably not until later:
    Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Ack. Well, them's the breaks. When it is up again, will the Paladin class be available? It was billed as 'coming soon' last night.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    hodiel wrote: »
    Ack. Well, them's the breaks. When it is up again, will the Paladin class be available? It was billed as 'coming soon' last night.
    I have nothing to report on when Paladins will be available for testing. Sorry!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Aw, I just got home and I was hoping to see the new areas in the preview server, and other changes too.
    I like the changes to LS, I think it's way too powerful and makes having a healer useless.
    NOt sure about regen changes since I've never used it much to be honest.
    I really really hope they use this opportunity to make things more balanced in endgame.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.