test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    souleshasoulesha Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    If I purchase a Knight of the Feywild pack, will I also get the 1st time buyer pack?
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    soulesha wrote: »
    If I purchase a Knight of the Feywild pack, will I also get the 1st time buyer pack?

Only if you buy ZEN and buy it in the Zen Market (I don't think it's there, but I don't know - since I have it already it wouldn't appear to me if it is there). I purchased the packs with cash/credit card - not the same as transferring Zen into the game. The First Time Buyer's Pack is gifted when you buy Zen Points.
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    (please move this to an appropriate thread, if this is not the place)

Considering I am in South Africa, the logical server choice for better latency and player volume at reasonable times is Europe. However, the purchase of Euro Zen is horrible: the average exchange $/Euro is some 1.30 / 1.00 but $10 = Zen1,000 and Eu10 = Zen1,100 ... surely you should amend this to Eu10 = Zen1,300? Please? It is only fair. :)
  • Options
    cacaoccurscacaoccurs Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've spent about $400 on this game previously, and I had to spend another $10 to get this pack...after I got it, my account was banned from using the Zen exchange market...it's been 4-5 days and have yet to get a response from anyone either via tickets or PMs on the forums as to what in the world is going on with my Zen exchange.
  • Options
    satanic74satanic74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    how can i get into game the launcher keeps saying one time code failed......help please
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    soulesha wrote: »

Since it is not a transfer of ZEN into the game, I would think not. The bonus pack is only applicable upon transfer of at least 500 ZEN into Neverwinter.
    cacaoccurs wrote: »
    I've spent about $400 on this game previously, and I had to spend another $10 to get this pack...after I got it, my account was banned from using the Zen exchange market...it's been 4-5 days and have yet to get a response from anyone either via tickets or PMs on the forums as to what in the world is going on with my Zen exchange.

This is an issue not related to this thread. Please see this thread for information about that matter.
    satanic74 wrote: »
    how can i get into game the launcher keeps saying one time code failed......help please

This is also not related to this thread.

I will ask that people please refrain from posting to a thread that is not germane to their post. Such practice is known as threadjacking and is prohibited under Rules of Conduct. If you are new and unable to start your own threads due to new poster restrictions, please find the thread most appropriate to your subject instead of posting in the first thread you can find.

Please contact support with a tech support ticket if the code emailed to your registered email account via Account Guard is not working for you.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, you have to claim entire pack on one char, but I heard to can give the separate items to different chars right? The appearance token and retraining token come in a physical form that can be moved to another char? Cause every thing that comes in the pack I want for multiple chars and not just one.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    So, you have to claim entire pack on one char, but I heard to can give the separate items to different chars right? The appearance token and retraining token come in a physical form that can be moved to another char? Cause every thing that comes in the pack I want for multiple chars and not just one.

When I got the pack I could do this, so unless it has been recently changed you should be okay.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The first BoP bag contained multiple other BoA "bags" that don't bind to character until opened. I used the dog, appearance change, and respec all on different characters.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The first BoP bag contained multiple other BoA "bags" that don't bind to character until opened. I used the dog, appearance change, and respec all on different characters.

Guess that absolves my paranoia.
  • Options
    pebcakxzpebcakxz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    does the 500 zen have to be done all at one time?
  • Options
    nathaniel886nathaniel886 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So long story short: I have accidentally deleted my War Dog. I have already submited a ticket to the support, but I thought that I might also share my thoughts with you about the whole thing.

Several days ago I noticed this promo and I thought it was really cool, so I've purchased the ZEN, reclaimed rewards and was happy. Then I wanted to try to transfer the War Dog to my other character, because as I've read on the promo site: 'The first character on the account to login after the pack has been applied will receive the first time buyers pack in their in-game mailbox. At that point all any of the items can be shared with other characters on the account via the Account Shared Bank', so naturally I assumed that I can put the companion in the shared bank slot and then reclaim it on the other character. I thought it was weird and not to be able to just reclaim the rewards on all characters on the account, but oh well, I guess it is just how it is done here in Neverwinter. So I've tried to move the companion (already named and bound) to the bank slot and the message appeared asking if I wish to discard it. And I accidentally clicked 'Yes'.

Now as I said, it was an accident, I am not blaming anyone for it but me. However after doing some reading in this topic about this promo I have several things to say.

1. It is VERY misleading on the promo website, saying what I quoted above that 'At that point all any of the items can be shared with other characters on the account via the Account Shared Bank'.

Now please mind you: I do understand that the promo box contains containers which in fact ARE movable from character to character, so it can be shared, I get it now, BUT on the promo website it does NOT say that the promo box contain a War Dog Package (or carrier or whatever), etc. It simply list the items themselves, NOT the actual, full container name. And then it says that all of the items can be shared via the account bank.
    IT SHOULD be clear that the Promo Box contains other containers which can be shared by other characters (but not claimed by any number of them), but the actual items inside the containers can't be shared at all.

2. The pack can be only obtained once per account. And the companion can be only obtained once per character after you name it. And you can't buy the companion via ZEN Store or even a model similar to it. That sucks. Just before I submited a ticket I wanted to check its price in the ZEN store. Maybe its cheap, I thought, so I would rather save me and customer support the trouble and just get the new one. Nope, can't be done.

3. The other thing is this 'shared by other characters' thing. Previously I thought that it simply meant that it is account bound, so I can have it on any number of characters and even the new ones i the future, should I choose to create some more. But again - nope, not here.

Everything about it is just so much confusing and misleading when it really doesn't have to be.

4. Then I thought, that wait... maybe I am doing something wrong (I am still new to the game) and maybe I can reclaim the whole pack (or just the companion in the least) via this Gift Box NPC that everyone talked about. Nah, can't be done either. The Box is there, oddly enough, but I can't claim it.

So all in all at the very least please put the companion in the ZEN store. It can even be pretty expensive. Clearly people like it enough that they would more than likely pay up and get it not just for one character.

Edit: And the cool idea as well would be to be able to move this companion from character to character no matter which one named it etc.

UPDATE: I have received the answer to my ticket:

'We appreciate appreciate your interest to the game. Unfortunately, we are unable to directly recover the companion that had been discarded for this situation. The character would have to continue with the items it currently have.'

Well, that sucks. :/
    I don't understand why they can't put/create it back in my bags or my character. There has to be the way to check that I have in fact bought the pack.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Previous post was getting dangerously long, so I've decided to create a new one, sorry for post under post though.

So after I asked support if there is really no other way for PW to recover the companion, I received this message:

"Thank you for contacting us. I understand how eager you are to recover the item. We have checked your account and indeed you have purchased the First Time Buyer's Pack. As much as we would like to recover the discarded item companion, unfortunately, we are unable to do so."

I want to ask here, maybe some of you will know this: What criteria have to be met in order for PW to be able to recover deleted item? I am just curious, because: 1) It was an honest mistake. 2) I reported it right after I did it. 3) The item is not obtainable in any other way.
    So one would think that those would be the perfect conditions to grant an item recovery. And yet PW can't do it. Is it a technical issue, a policy or what? I would love to know.

And to PW, maybe someone could help me: If you can't recover it, can you recreate it or somehow purge my account of the items/bonuses (I haven't use any of them besides the War Dog) so I can repurchase the Buyer's Pack again?

Otherwise what am I suppose to do now? Abandon my account with all characters and create a new one in order to be able to enjoy the company of War Dog?

I really want to support the game and make further purchases via ZEN store as well, but honestly the lack of help from support is very disheartening.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Its case by case basis, precedent may guide them but its no guarantee. I only think they replace stuff if youve been hacked with proof. Any type of discarding is more of "oops sorry you did that, but we cant help".

Sorry bout that.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, I understand that now. All in all I have requested for account deletion given that my characters weren't any high level, so I don't mind leveling them up again that much. And I wanted to at least use the same account name and e-mail address. Guess what? Yeah, the same 'Oops, sorry! We can delete your account if you want, but you won't be able to use the same e-mail address and account name again. Would you like to proceed?'. Well, what is the point then (in my particular case)? : o

Usually I am a very patient and understanding person, but PW's support is really giving me a hard time. Why can't you just delete everything about my account from your database at my request, so that I can use it again?

So now it is not even a case of 'You can't use the same character ever again if you want a War Dog.' It is 'You can not use the same e-mail and account name ever again if you want a War Dog.'

So everyone: this was a quick tutorial on how to taint you entire account forever.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    So now it is not even a case of 'You can't use the same character ever again if you want a War Dog.' It is 'You can not use the same e-mail and account name ever again if you want a War Dog.'

It's a security issue. Cryptic always has been real anal about account security with regard to any kind of "back-end" changes to an account. Hell, I've even tried to get my old Cryptic user name (@Skytzyc) changed into my Perfect World name (Angry Sprite) and they won't do it unless that @Handle contains part of my email address or password (hence: a security issue.)

It's been this way for at least five years since I've been playing them. But it's not just Cryptic - it's most MMOs - once an account is created it remains in foreverness of perpetuity. To "delete" an account is only to remove it from public access (everything is still there in the database) and I suspect this has something to do with the laws of the U.S. - which requires all data used in business, for example e-mail, etc, to only be archived and never, ever deleted for legal reasons.

Because it's not actually deleted and still there, the account name, email, etc. is always and forever in use (you cannot create a duplicate account).

In any case, all this because of a lost companion? Sure, it's unique, but it's not all that great as summoned companions go. You're not missing anything really.
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited September 2014
    Darn! I wonder if they could/would roll his account back to before he deleted the item. Similar to how they fix a compromised account. :(
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Nope, they won't do it. I bet they could though, technically at least.
    In any case, all this because of a lost companion? Sure, it's unique, but it's not all that great as summoned companions go. You're not missing anything really.

Oh no, I am well past the companion itself right now. And I didn't write all this just to be a jerk btw. I hope it will be taken as feedback for the future.

In the end the best they can do for me right now is to allow me to change an e-mail address on my newly created account, so that I could login with the same e-mail.

I understand this is policy, that the deletion of an account isn't really a deletion of an account per se, this is not my first MMO and this is not my first contact with customer support, but sadly it has pretty much been the worst. And I hate to say it, but it is true. Granted, everyone is polite in their responses, but the actual help itself is severely lacking.

I mean come on, in which modern day MMO a GM can't restore a players item? This is just so ridiculous and I hope they would change something, so that the players don't freak out when they mess something up in game and can contact support with confidence that they would help them.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Oh no, I am well past the companion itself right now. And I didn't write all this just to be a jerk btw. I hope it will be taken as feedback for the future..

I understand and no worries. I was genuinely curious. :)

I feel for you.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I completed the requirement mission area and transferred the required amount of zen, but it will not let me claim the item and it was not sent to my in-game mail. What is the issue?

Tried to go through GM support in game, but that also would not work for me.
  • Options
    emmrossemmross Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    I completed the requirement mission area and transferred the required amount of zen, but it will not let me claim the item and it was not sent to my in-game mail. What is the issue?

Did you check with the Claims Broker in protector's Enclave?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    sentinel64 wrote: »

Check the mail on ALL characters. It will come to only ONE character (via mail). Once you have it then you need to send it to the ONE character you want to have the goodies. Once that ONE character opens it, some (not all) items inside are still transferable to other characters on your account, such as the Wardog.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Check the mail on ALL characters. It will come to only ONE character (via mail). Once you have it then you need to send it to the ONE character you want to have the goodies. Once that ONE character opens it, some (not all) items inside are still transferable to other characters on your account, such as the Wardog.

Just to clarify, there is a "Wardog Carrier" which is account bound and can be transferred to another character, but once it is opened, the actual Wardog itself is character-bound.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rich776rich776 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why can't people buy more zen the is a limit this is not fare for people who ant to spend moneyin the game
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    why can't people buy more zen the is a limit <snip>

And that limit is there to protect the company against potentially fraudulent transactions and limit potential liability--such as someone buying 10K or so worth of ZEN with a stolen card or a parents' card being used without permission.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    dyaenahdyaenah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If you already have a dog on one character and wish to transfer another $50.00 can you claim the pack\dog on another character? There's been a few contradictions this thread (dog is/is not bound) etc can you clarify please . I know the dog is bound to a character once named but not sure if you can still get the pack on another toon if needed - sadly I didn't realise dog was bound at the time I got it and I really want it on another toon
    . I'm happy to pay for it again just want to make sure I can still get it :)
  • Options
    kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Adventurers,

If you have yet to explore what the Zen Market can offer, now is the time to do so. Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter. The bundle, which is valued at $50, includes an exclusive War Dog Companion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Appearance Change Token Pack and more!

To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox. The pack can only be claimed once per account.

*Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past, but it is not retroactive.

Learn More here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243

Known issue: There is a known issue with the delivery of the pack, please visit here for more info.

Thanks,

Dwight
    please amend to say, you get it ONCE per account. It is only available with your first buy.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    please amend to say, you get it ONCE per account. It is only available with your first buy.

What part of "First Time Buyer" is confusing about this? Also, if you actually read the news post is specifically states this:
    **All items in the bundle are bound to the account; however the pack can only be claimed once per account.

//justsaying
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dyaenah wrote: »
    If you already have a dog on one character and wish to transfer another $50.00 can you claim the pack\dog on another character? There's been a few contradictions this thread (dog is/is not bound) etc can you clarify please . I know the dog is bound to a character once named but not sure if you can still get the pack on another toon if needed - sadly I didn't realise dog was bound at the time I got it and I really want it on another toon

You can't get it again. It's a one-time reward for the first 500 (or more) zen you transfer to the game. What is bound to what was quite confusing to me as well.

The First Time Buyer's Pack itself is Bind on Account. It comes as a mail attachment, looks like a gift box. You will get it on the first character that logs in after the pack is mailed to you. Don't delete any characters before you pick up the pack; if you can't find it, check all characters to be sure that you didn't miss it.

Once you open it, the contents are:

War Dog Carrier: Account Bound - the carrier (a box in your inventory) is transferable to another toon, by account bank or mail. But - Once you open this box, the War Dog itself is bind on pickup. Whichever toon opens the carrier has the war dog, whether you've named it or not.

Embroidered Bag of Holding: Account Bound - The tooltip says Bind on Pickup, but the bag is actually account bound. If you have an open bag slot, it will automatically fill that slot when you open the pack. You can, however, remove it from the equipped bag slot, then drag it to the account bank or mail to transfer to another toon. (needs to be empty)

Change Appearance Token - Account Bound - can be transferred to another toon, by account bank or mail.

Retraining Token Pack - Account Bound - can be transferred to another toon, by account bank or mail.

Personal Greater Stone of Health, and 5 Preservation Wards - Account Bound (I think the stone is bind on equip, and the wards can be transferred, but it's been a long time and I'm not 100% certain on these)

1 Character Slot - Unlocks 1 character slot on the Character Select menu

The biggest thing to remember is OPENING THE WAR DOG CARRIER WILL BIND IT TO THE CHARACTER WHO OPENS IT.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dyaenah wrote: »

You only get the pack once. It only requires you transfer in 500 Zen, (approx $5 US). The pack contains a dog-carrier item, which is account bound and can be transferred between your characters. It's not until you open that dog carrier that you actually get the companion itself, at which point it is bound.

There are other tanking companions that you can get off the Zen store, though.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums