What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    setheriosetherio Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    All items on it are "Account Bound". You can place in your "Account-Wide" personal bank or mail to yourself.

Most items within is in an "Account-Bound Box" and is subject to the above.

When a *Character* opens a "Box" it binds to that character.

The Companion, War Dog, is in a Box. You can "Claim" the Gift Box (the whole bundle) on any character and open the Bundle on any character. I placed all the items from it inside my personal bank Account-Wide storage area and changed to the character I wanted to War Dog given, took the "War Dog Box" out of my account-wide storage and opened it, giving me the War Dog.

Items like "Personal Greater Stone of Health" and "Preservation Wards" are "Account-Bound" and not inside a bundle and can be used and re-used on other characters on your account (similar to how the "Free Zen Items" giveway was.

War Dog, Respec Token, and Change of Apperance are each in their own bundle. The Bundle is Account-Bound. Once opened, the items within are bound to the character.)

I hope that helps resolve some questions here.

*Side Note: I received the package fairly quickly (within 10 minutes). However, in the time, I also did another promotion. The second promotion was given immediately upon redeeming a key. Right after the second promotion went through, I received the promotional items from this as well. I was expecting to wait 72 hours but instead, I received items from both promotions simultaneously. If you don't get the items within 72 hours (3 days) submit a help ticket via the website. From personal past experience, their customer service is quite prompt, attentive, informative, and helpful. But wait 72 hours as you should get the promotional item by then.
    ~Setherio

Creator and maintainer of TR's Epic Gear Comparison Spreadsheet

Join the legit community channel on Neverwinter!
    /channel_join NW_Legit_Community
    /bind 9 channel_setcurrent NW_Legit_Community
    And press 9 in game (not in ALT mode) to easily access the channel!
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why use your Steam account wallet for buying Zen? You get much better deals direct from PW, especially if you can find the old page, before ARC shoved it's intrusive, unwanted <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in our faces.

~
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can still buy $/€5 from here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

It's a bit tricky and may ask you to go to ARC several times but it works. I did it yesterday (thanks angrysprite :P).

Shhhhhhh...... :P
  • Options
    monagainmonagain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am not happy at all that it was not clearly declared that steam wallet purchases did not qualify. I as many others no doubt have made a purchase via steam as it suits from a currency perspective and am not rewarded, this is not encouraging investment in the game at all.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    monagain wrote: »
    I am not happy at all that it was not clearly declared that steam wallet purchases did not qualify. I as many others no doubt have made a purchase via steam as it suits from a currency perspective and am not rewarded, this is not encouraging investment in the game at all.
    But it was and is: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243
    To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox.
  • Options
    fricki197fricki197 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For Gods sake, please add the no steam wallet stuff ingame, too.
    I just "wasted" 5 Euros. Well, thats fine for you, I guess.
  • Options
    jelli42jelli42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can someone please explain how long this bundle reward is available for ?
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Want a husky look, but the Portal Hound appears to be black and this one appears to be gray. Or does this one turn black as it gets older?

Also I take it there has been no 100% confirmation that we are only allowed one pack?

EDIT: To clarity why the first question: My dog just died and I wanted to recreate her here. Black husky with white highlights. Tamako was my best friend indeed.
  • Options
    fajiyfajiy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Okay Newbie question, Can I use Zen AD Exchange to get those packs?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    fajiy wrote: »
    Okay Newbie question, Can I use Zen AD Exchange to get those packs?

No. The ZEN must be purchased and transferred to Neverwinter. ZEN within the AD exchange already exists within Neverwinter.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    xennon57xennon57 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you want only to buy the minimum amount, you must buy direct from PWE:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet

This does not work for me: Very soon after going to that link I am force-redirected to the ARC site and cannot transact via the old PWE site. The new Arc site does NOT allow purchase of $5 or any other amount other than the preset amounts shown. So we are forced to buy AT LEAST $10 not $5, so the promo seems a bit misleading to me.
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xennon57 wrote: »
    This does not work for me: Very soon after going to that link I am force-redirected to the ARC site and cannot transact via the old PWE site. The new Arc site does NOT allow purchase of $5 or any other amount other than the preset amounts shown. So we are forced to buy AT LEAST $10 not $5, so the promo seems a bit misleading to me.

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    xennon57 wrote: »
    Try this one instead then:
    https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

This page is not set to redirect.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've received an email stating:

Thank you for transferring Zen into Neverwinter! As a token of our appreciation, we have sent a free pack of items to your in-game mail. This pack includes:

War Dog Companion
    Embroidered Bag of Holding
    Appearance Change Token Pack
    Retraining Token Pack
    Personal Greater Stone of Health
    5x Preservation Ward

Visit any Postal Courier or Mailbox in Protector's Enclave to claim your items!

But i haven't received anything by ingame mail, the ingame Zen store has the reclaim button greyed out, and if I try to reclaim it in Gateway it says "This character is unable to purchase this item."...

48hrs have passed now, i'll fill a support ticket tomorrow if nothing changes :/
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Note that the pack is delivered to via in-game mail to the 1st character you logged into after the pack becomes available for your account (or after you received the email). It is only delivered once and to one character, it is not claimable via the Zen store.

How to tell if you have received it? On your character selection screen, you should have 1 more free character slot on top of your previous total number of characters including free slots.

You may have to switch around your characters and check their mail for the pack if you missed the message when you logged in.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Lol thanks wimpazoid, found it on a random TR character I seldom/never use! :D I hope nothing will bind to character before I can transfer it...

BTW, a note for Cryptic: there is a well-known issue/bug with the mail, sending one-time stuff there and NOT allowing it to be claimed in the usual way (ZEN store or Rewards Agent in PE) is a very bad idea and will certainly lead to lots of extra support tickets. :P
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Zebular, just want to let you and other know.

I purchased and transferred zen yesterday around 12 noon Central US time and had my First time buyer's pack in about an hour or so. I had to log out and back in. I also made a purchase, before I received it.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    johoro wrote: »
    War Dog Carrier is bound (account).I just mail it to my DC.All items are bound (account) too.except Embroidered Bag of Holding bound on character who open.

Wish I had seen this post before I opened the pack.
    I thought all items were bound to account
    and so you could give them to whichever char you wanted.
    Sadly no, now one of my alts has the Bag Of Holding :(
    When I wanted it on my main.
    Managed fine to distribute all I wanted except for the bag.

So be aware that the character who opens the pack, gets the Bag Of Holding. !!!

:(
  • Options
    dincendarkdincendark Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i wish buy but steam wallet gone whut happen ?
  • Options
    sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got it also on a character I don't play. Hopefully I can transfer, bad idea to send it to a random character cryptic. Grrrrrr!
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    To clarify the "Bound to Account" thing: I just got my pack and noticed the following:

If you have a free bag slot, yes, it automatically gets filled with the bag. Oops. I suspect it does not do this and therefore can be transferred to another character if you have all of the bag slots filled. Should this be fixed/changed? Maybe. CO has all bags as Account Bound, so I can move them around to other characters.

War Dog comes in a carrier that is account bound. You can move it.

All other things in the pack appear to be account bound, therefore movable.

Still wondering: Only one pack per account total, not repeatable with more transfers, eh? *sigh* Ah well ;-)
  • Options
    johnthomas00johnthomas00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My 2 cents.... the bag, especially being only a 12 slot bag, and the war dog (tis a real nice comp) really should be reclaimable on additional characters on the account, especially accounts like mine that transfered amounts greater than 500 zen (not bragging just saying) just as added incentive to get people to transfer amounts more than 500 zen, my wife transfered 1000 zen just to get a second entry into the chance to win the phora and nightmare mount thing they also started running. They rest would be sweet as well, but I could understand not wanting to give out so much, especially that stone... 200 charges of full health is just crazy. But yeah.. they additionally gave us a unannounced character slot and the ability to claim the bag and the comp on the new character as well would have been nice.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    To clarify the "Bound to Account" thing: I just got my pack and noticed the following:

If you have a free bag slot, yes, it automatically gets filled with the bag. Oops. I suspect it does not do this and therefore can be transferred to another character if you have all of the bag slots filled. Should this be fixed/changed? Maybe. CO has all bags as Account Bound, so I can move them around to other characters.

War Dog comes in a carrier that is account bound. You can move it.

All other things in the pack appear to be account bound, therefore movable.

Still wondering: Only one pack per account total, not repeatable with more transfers, eh? *sigh* Ah well ;-)
    Just remove the bag from your bag slots and hover over it, it will show Bound to Account and you can mail it or put it in account bank.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Just remove the bag from your bag slots and hover over it, it will show Bound to Account and you can mail it or put it in account bank.

Great, I just did it and now the bag is on the char I wanted it on.
    Thanks for the info Zeb. :cool:

Also thanks for all the stuff, especially the dog, love the dog :D

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No. You must have *transferred* at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter since May 13, 2014; 10:00 AM (Pacific time zone). Even though it is called a "First Time Purchaser" pack, the offer applies even ig you have purchased Zen before. However, to take advantage of this offer you have to do the 500z thing again.

The good news is this: the offer does not appear to expire, ever. Though I could be wrong - they can always remove it or replace it with something else or whatever - but nothing indicates this is the case anytime Soon™.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OOPS! lol yes angrysprite is correct , I read you question totally the opposite way xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thanks and I wasn't clear, I knew I'd have to transfer 500 zen again, I just wanted to make sure I would get the pack for the transfer if I had bought zen before
  • Options
    bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can see that it states that steam wallet transfers do not count, does the same apply to ARC transfers? I just transferred 500 zen from ARC and I am wondering whether I have done it wrong. Thanks in advance. Absolutely loving the new content and will be even better when some glitches are fixed.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mine showed up in the inbox of just one character. Just cycle through your toons and check your inboxes until you find it.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead