What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just be careful, as the email arrives to only 1 of your characters. The good news is the box is bound to your account. I recommend, once you get the box, to place it into your account bank, then open it on whomever you want to actually use it on. In my case, I got the pack 2-3 hours after I transferred the Zen.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thank you for that, it helps
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    bigbird191 wrote: »
    I can see that it states that steam wallet transfers do not count, does the same apply to ARC transfers? I just transferred 500 zen from ARC and I am wondering whether I have done it wrong. Thanks in advance. Absolutely loving the new content and will be even better when some glitches are fixed.

I bought the zen using ARC in-game and got the pack. I think that's how most people buy zen.

I'm surprised about the Steam disqualification. I don't see any reason for it- they're getting the cash either way, unless Steam takes some gigantic cut or something. In any case, it should be noted SOMEWHERE in game that Steam transfers don't qualify.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    I did not notice an extra character slot, but I am thrilled to get this pack. :) I was sad, thinking it was only for new Zen buyers, but I transferred some Zen yesterday and today, hoping for one of the Mystic critters, and suddenly saw a pop-up, "First Time Buyer". I grabbed the box on my first character, but mailed it to the one I play most, figuring the dog was a single claim. :) I have not checked the Claims Agent, so do not know any more than has been posted, but thank you, Cryptic!
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    Yes, free character slot! :D
  • Options
    sgtskumsgtskum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok it won't let me buy zen from ingame(button is grayed out) and going to the main site to purchase zen doesn't have an option for neverwinter.

So if I buy zen for one of the four games it lists(that I have no account with) can I still transfer the zen to neverwinter or is this some bug I need to let the devs fix first?
  • Options
    bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I received an e-mail 2-3 hours after my post saying I had qualified. I had to log out of Neverwinter and log back in, it was then available on the free tab in the zen store and was fairly straight forward from that point. I probably should have updated last night but I was too busy enjoying the game. Thanks.

:cool:
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    I'm probably going to shoot myself for saying this, as they might 'fix' it, but it you follow the steps below, you can still buy $5.00 worth of Zen:
    1) Go to http://www.perfectworld.com/login
    2) DON'T LOG IN! In the upper right, you will see 'Charge Zen', DON'T CLICK IT!. Just hover over it to show the drop down, and choose 'Purchase Zen'.
    3) *Now* you will be asked to login. Do so, and it will direct you to the old Zen purchase page.

Did it yesterday, so it is current.

Thanks to all those who posted this site. I tried it quite a few times after seeing it posted and eventually gave up as it would always redirect me to the ARC site where it had the $10 min.
    Decided that the pack was good value and so thought I would use the ARC site after all. Before doing that I decided to give the perfect world site one more go and it worked first time with the $5 minimum. Not sure why it would only work sometimes but if you have been trying then you should probably try it a few more times as it does work eventually.

Thanks again litaaers!

Also have already received the pack so there are no problems with delivery now.
  • Options
    rsgoldrsgold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but are we not getting new races or classes in this one?

I don't do PvP and feel sort of excluded. The guys behind the game are awesome and do a lot of awesome work,

but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

I would like to be able to explore all the new areas without being flagged for PvP.

<link removed>
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    rsgold wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but are we not getting new races or classes in this one?

I don't do PvP and feel sort of excluded. The guys behind the game are awesome and do a lot of awesome work,

but I can't help but feel a little disappointed.

I would like to be able to explore all the new areas without being flagged for PvP.
    . . . I don't PvP much either and I am still having a blast doing all the PvE content in Module 3. No, M3 did not come with a new class or race. We just recently got the Hunter Ranger and the Sun/Moon Elves. Give them time, races and classes take the most time to develop. The HR has been in development since Alpha, for example, but was never released even to the testers until after live when they were ready to put it on preview.
  • Options
    sgtskumsgtskum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    litaaers wrote: »
    I'm probably going to shoot myself for saying this, as they might 'fix' it, but it you follow the steps below, you can still buy $5.00 worth of Zen:
    1) Go to http://www.perfectworld.com/login
    2) DON'T LOG IN! In the upper right, you will see 'Charge Zen', DON'T CLICK IT!. Just hover over it to show the drop down, and choose 'Purchase Zen'.
    3) *Now* you will be asked to login. Do so, and it will direct you to the old Zen purchase page.

Did it yesterday, so it is current.
    Thanks for this. Got my 500 zen and transferred to neverwinter. Looks like the zen page on the main site needs some updating.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd gotten my Zen on a weekday, like Tuesday. (I have ONLY ever bought Zen on special offers. Otherwise it's not worth it to me.)

My pack came through the next day. The devs are coming through with this. It does have useful items in it.

Online high volume traffic and purchase days are often Friday through Monday. Tuesday through Thursday often get faster results/ replies.

You should get your pack too same as I did. It'll take a little time is all.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . This thread has been cleansed. It is not for reporting issues. We apologize for the issues and inconvenience, however we can do nothing through the forums about Account & Billing Issues. You will need to contact Support and keep communicating with them. Replies about buyer's pack issues will be removed with the rest.

. . . Please do not reply to this moderator notice, instead contact us via Private Message regarding forum moderation. Thanks!
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have just bought for 9.9EU get the 1100 zen but no first time buyer kit. The purchase is listed in the purchase history and I got the 1100 zen in my game account.

Still "this character is unable to purchase item".

I noticed there are no transfer zen option like before its already transferred during the purchase method to nwn dragon.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just wanted to state here: submit your support ticket and be *patient* and be *courteous*. Always remember the company doesn't owe you anything, always remember they are offering a gift. Approach your communication with support in this fashion and (again) be patient.

I'm happy to report that Support came through for me. I received my FTB pack yesterday. They are a busy lot so I'm thankful. My point is simply: be polite, remember these people work hard and have a heavy workload, have patience and faith.
  • Options
    fedevr73fedevr73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I bought Zen on 16/5, both for me and my gf...
    1 problem : transactions done twice on both accounts.. ok, its 10$ not a big deal.. having had the same problem while buying the hero of the north pack would have been worst...
    She gets the pack in 6h , i dont... ok, i decide to wait the 72h and , after 84h passed i open a ticket, well explaining everything.
    Well... getting as response a prewritten msg stating that its ok and in max 72h from the purhase ill have my pack in the mail seems to me a bit on the 'low' side of tech support....normal that all my politeness vanish when re-answering ....
    F.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    fedevr73 wrote: »
    I bought Zen on 16/5, both for me and my gf...
    1 problem : transactions done twice on both accounts.. ok, its 10$ not a big deal.. having had the same problem while buying the hero of the north pack would have been worst...
    She gets the pack in 6h , i dont... ok, i decide to wait the 72h and , after 84h passed i open a ticket, well explaining everything.
    Well... getting as response a prewritten msg stating that its ok and in max 72h from the purhase ill have my pack in the mail seems to me a bit on the 'low' side of tech support....normal that all my politeness vanish when re-answering ....
    F.

This comment is kind of for everyone submitting a support ticket for any issue:

Send a kind-worded reply stating that the issue is not resolved and that you tried all recommended actions and that the elapsed time has exhausted. I am a pessimist so I'm am rarely disappointed by things. But with Cryptic (and PWE) Support I've never been. Though it really does require patience and persistence. As for the polite stuff: sugar always draws more flies, as they say.

But also remember: these people are facing a wall of support requests and they likely try to get through as many as possible in what time they have. I should have mentioned it's most helpful (I've always received the most success) when you are clear and pithy (use as few words as possible and be precise as possible). And do your best to never, ever appear to be impatient. Try to let them know you understand glitches happen and that you just need a little help.

Here's a tip: if you genuinely feel wheels are spinning but not moving forward you can close that ticket and create a new one (never open an additional ticket on the same issue - it just tells them you are impatient). However, if you close the first ticket, then open a new one - the review process starts over again from the beginning. It does give you an opportunity to perhaps rephrase the subject line and rephrase the description. In my subject line I stated something to the effect of: "First Time Buyers pack missing, 72 Hours elapsed" - making it crystal clear what my issue was even before they looked at the ticket. Help them help you.

I also recommend in support requests involving the Zen market that you copy the Perfect World "Thank you" email into a RTFD (Rich Text Format Document) and attach it. It helps them to help you and validates your claim that it in a financial/billing issue you hope to resolve.

And always allow (read: expect) a full week for the first response, IF your subject line is clear, pithy, and polite. I usually get a first response within a day or so. Keyword: patience (and understanding) on your part. :)
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ok, glad to hear this freebie is available for folks that have already bought zen and such. I plan to do this some time this week but have a few questions:

If i have an embroidered Bag from the hero of the north pack, will I be able to use this bag as well?

If i already have a greater bag of holding on the toon, will this bag auto replace the GBoH or will i be able to have 2 embroidered bags and the greater Bag of holding (as well as all the bags I can earn in game from the 2 quests?) One can never have enough inventory space....

So, I know i need to mail (or take advantage of the new account wide slots in bank) the box to the toon I want to open it to get the respec, appearance change and the dog. Just concerned about if i need to empty and transfer the GboH to another toon before I do this.

Have the issues been resolved or should i hold off a few?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok, glad to hear this freebie is available for folks that have already bought zen and such. I plan to do this some time this week but have a few questions:

If i have an embroidered Bag from the hero of the north pack, will I be able to use this bag as well?

If i already have a greater bag of holding on the toon, will this bag auto replace the GBoH or will i be able to have 2 embroidered bags and the greater Bag of holding (as well as all the bags I can earn in game from the 2 quests?) One can never have enough inventory space....

So, I know i need to mail (or take advantage of the new account wide slots in bank) the box to the toon I want to open it to get the respec, appearance change and the dog. Just concerned about if i need to empty and transfer the GboH to another toon before I do this.

Have the issues been resolved or should i hold off a few?

Yes.

Okay - here's the thing: you will get a single box in mail on ONE of your characters. Claim the box at any mailbox in PE. The box is account bound - so you can turn around a remain it to yourself (now all characters can see it), or put it into your Bank Shared slots so one of your alts can grab it from there.

Whichever character *opens that box* is the character that will get the respec and appearance change. The new character slot is moot - it applies to your whole account. The doggie is in a box that is account-bound - and can be transferred to another alt if you want (same methods as described above).

Here's the thing with the bag of holding: if you have an open bag slot - you can use it. It will not replace an existing bag - it will auto-fill an empty slot. If you do not have any empty slots then it should go into your inventory like any other item - you can pass it to an alt if you want.

I could go on about bags of holding and how to manage them, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. :)
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes.

Okay - here's the thing: you will get a single box in mail on ONE of your characters. Claim the box at any mailbox in PE. The box is account bound - so you can turn around a remain it to yourself (now all characters can see it), or put it into your Bank Shared slots so one of your alts can grab it from there.

Whichever character *opens that box* is the character that will get the respec and appearance change. The new character slot is moot - it applies to your whole account. The doggie is in a box that is account-bound - and can be transferred to another alt if you want (same methods as described above).

Here's the thing with the bag of holding: if you have an open bag slot - you can use it. It will not replace an existing bag - it will auto-fill an empty slot. If you do not have any empty slots then it should go into your inventory like any other item - you can pass it to an alt if you want.

I could go on about bags of holding and how to manage them, but that's beyond the scope of this thread. :)

Ok so a toon with an embroidered BoH from hero of the north pack and an open slot can get this bag as well? Just want to be sure because I am pretty certain I cannot take the Hero of the north bag and pass it to another toon, but i am pretty certain I can take a greater bag of holding, empty it, and pass it to an alt well one of my guildies was saying he passes a GboH between his toons.

I would not think this is out of scope for this thread. Folks might be buying a hero of the north pack with this zen purchase, and maybe the bag from this pack works, but then the Hero of the north bag does not.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ok so a toon with an embroidered BoH from hero of the north pack and an open slot can get this bag as well? Just want to be sure because I am pretty certain I cannot take the Hero of the north bag and pass it to another toon, but i am pretty certain I can take a greater bag of holding, empty it, and pass it to an alt well one of my guildies was saying he passes a GboH between his toons.

I would not think this is out of scope for this thread. Folks might be buying a hero of the north pack with this zen purchase, and maybe the bag from this pack works, but then the Hero of the north bag does not.

Short answer: yes.
    Long answer: yes - as long as you have an open Bag Slot.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    . . . The Embroidered Bag (12 slot) from the First Time Buyer's Pack is bound to the account, even after equipping it. You can unequip it at any time and mail it to an alt or place it in your account bank. It doesn't bind to the character when equipped, it remains bound to the account as a whole. I've swapped mine around a few times already.

. . . The war dog, appearance change token, and respec token all come in their own "Account Bound" containers. When you open those containers, the items inside bind to the character that opened them.

. . . The embroidered bags from the HotN pack are reclaimable by all your characters in the Reward Claims Agent, but you may only claim one bag per character. If you delete the HotN embroidered bag, you can re-claim it on that character.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got mine tonight around 8-9PM EDT. I figure it's all-hands-on-deck dealing with performance optimization changes, so this was a nice surprise. Better late than never.

(and of course I had to name the new war puppy "Havoc" :D )
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Got mine tonight around 8-9PM EDT. I figure it's all-hands-on-deck dealing with performance optimization changes, so this was a nice surprise. Better late than never.

(and of course I had to name the new war puppy "Havoc" :D )
    Nice, one of my PK names (my murderer) in Ultima Online was "HavoK" (my others were "Goddess" and "a real pimp" - the latter was my fisherman PK - so funny to beat a player's character to death with a fishing pole!) :)

I named my war dog "Smedeley" after my 2nd dog which was a german-shephard/beagle mix named after the haiku poet of old. I don't remember his full name or can't even find him anymore, he was in one of my old haiku books from Japan.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Nice, one of my PK names (my murderer) in Ultima Online was "HavoK" (my others were "Goddess" and "a real pimp" - the latter was my fisherman PK - so funny to beat a player's character to death with a fishing pole!) :)

I named my war dog "Smedeley" after my 2nd dog which was a german-shephard/beagle mix named after the haiku poet of old. I don't remember his full name or can't even find him anymore, he was in one of my old haiku books from Japan.

I like the oxymoronic names for my pets. The problem with so many dogs (Dog, Damarian, Skeletal, and now War Dog) is that "Fifi" only works once and Fifi, Boopsie, and Cuddles are all taken. My head is burning gears and grinding to come up with a good one for my new Tootles... HEY, WAIT A MINUTE! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Moved companion list posts to here! :cool:
  • Options
    evilbrewedevilbrewed Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They baited then switched me. I am on NWO through Steam. This morning, I saw the First Time Buyer's Pack on the Zen Market and decided I had to have it. NOWHERE on this did I see ANYTHING about Steam Wallet being excluded. ALL it says (and still says this as of this writing is "We have put together a bonus package for you containing some of the most requested items. In addition, you will receive one additional character slot. You will receive this item through in-game mail after transferring 500 Zen into your account." Nowhere does it mention that the Steam Wallet is excluded.

So, I bought 1,000 Zen through my Steam Wallet and waited. Well, nothing happened. So, I had to test if maybe they were being so specific and wanting exactly 500 Zen, not more. I paid another $5.00 for 500 Zen and waited... and waited... and waited. No pack.

So, I submitted a ticket. A couple hours later they replied and for the FIRST time mentioned that it excludes the Steam Wallet.

If they had simply attached a disclaimer on the in-game Zen Market that this offer excludes Steam Wallet, I would have gone a different route and bought through Arc.

I don't think anyone did this on purpose, but this is at the very least an unintentional bait and switch.

Really guys, this is a crappy way to treat customers. Pony up and give us our pack, even if we DID pay through Steam Wallet. You STILL got YOUR money. Fulfill the implied contract.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    evilbrewed wrote: »
    They baited then switched me. I am on NWO through Steam. This morning, I saw the First Time Buyer's Pack on the Zen Market and decided I had to have it. NOWHERE on this did I see ANYTHING about Steam Wallet being excluded.

Here a tip for future reference: ALL Zen promotions will not work through Steam Wallet. This is because when you buy Zen through Steam - you are paying STEAM, not Perfect World. Then Steam calculates how much Zen was bough and then they send a bulk-amount check to Perfect World. PW Has no way of knowing that you (individually and specifically) purchased how much Zen and when.

Sure, they could go through your account logs to find out - but that defeats the purpose. This is a Steam issue, not a Neverwinter/Star Trek Online/Champions Online/Any-other-PW-Game issue. Though I do agree they should include a footnote that clearly states "*Excludes Third Party Zen Purchases" or something.

So, for any and all Zen promotions it is a "purchase Zen directly" kind of thing.
  • Options
    evilbrewedevilbrewed Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here a tip for future reference: ALL Zen promotions will not work through Steam Wallet. This is because when you buy Zen through Steam - you are paying STEAM, not Perfect World. Then Steam calculates how much Zen was bough and then they send a bulk-amount check to Perfect World. PW Has no way of knowing that you (individually and specifically) purchased how much Zen and when.

Sure, they could go through your account logs to find out - but that defeats the purpose. This is a Steam issue, not a Neverwinter/Star Trek Online/Champions Online/Any-other-PW-Game issue. Though I do agree they should include a footnote that clearly states "*Excludes Third Party Zen Purchases" or something.

So, for any and all Zen promotions it is a "purchase Zen directly" kind of thing.

That's exactly my point. I can understand that they can't include Steam Wallet transactions, but they SHOULD have put in a note saying so in the Zen Market ad. This was an unintentional bait and switch, but it WAS a bait and switch never-the-less.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    evilbrewed wrote: »
    That's exactly my point. I can understand that they can't include Steam Wallet transactions, but they SHOULD have put in a note saying so in the Zen Market ad. This was an unintentional bait and switch, but it WAS a bait and switch never-the-less.

In the original announcement news post they wrote in red writing that steam wallet transactions didn't count , I'm not coming to PW's defense or whatever and if you look at my post history you will see I'll call out the developers if I think they are doing something unfair or wrong but on this occasion they did make it clear in the announcement that steam wallet wouldn't count.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif