test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited March 2015 in News & Announcements
Adventurers,

If you have yet to explore what the Zen Market can offer, now is the time to do so. Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter. The bundle, which is valued at $50, includes an exclusive War Dog Companion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Appearance Change Token Pack and more!

To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox. The pack can only be claimed once per account.

*Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past, but it is not retroactive.

Learn More here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243

Known issue: There is a known issue with the delivery of the pack, please visit here for more info.

Thanks,

Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For people who bought zen in the past, do they have to transfer 500 more zen?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This item appeared for me a free claim on the Gateway Zen store as soon as the servers came back up, though I haven't been able to get the tooltip to show up properly. It does say you get a character slot with it, which I didn't see in the news post.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My question is: is the War Dog a single issue or is it reclaimable on alts (account-wide)? It makes sense that all the other items are single issue, but if the War Dog is NOT account-wide, it's very important to know so I can claim it on the RIGHT CHARACTER. LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The rewards are listed as account-bound other than the respec and appearance changes, which will be bound to the character doing the opening. So I'd let that guide you because you should* be able to transfer the doggie.

*We all know how that works out sometimes though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    guidakisguidakis Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The bag is account wide? or its only 1 per account?
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    For people who bought zen in the past, do they have to transfer 500 more zen?

The way I read it, if you have already you don't get it. And even if you did make another purchase, you wouldn't get it.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The rewards are listed as account-bound other than the respec and appearance changes, which will be bound to the character doing the opening. So I'd let that guide you because you should* be able to transfer the doggie.

*We all know how that works out sometimes though.

NOTE: Account Bound only means you cannot sell it at AH or transfer to another character. Once named, all companions become Character-bound. we know this already. However, all previous "special offer" Companions are account-wide (meaning they can be reclaimed from Rewards Agent in PE with all of your alts and new characters).

THIS is the question: Is it reclaimable, or is it a single, one-time only delivery (just like Zen market versions). It's highly unusual to get a BLUE Companion through a special offer, and why I suspect it's a single-issue version and NOT reclaimable with alts (in which case I really hope I'm wrong here).

AND if it's a single issue, people will want to ensure the *correct* Alt is the one to name and use it. Else there'll be a lot of shrill screaming in the forums soon. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure that you'll only get one dog (like the Fey Panther except not auctionable), but that it won't be character-bound until you name the beast. My point is that if you want the respec and/or appearance change on a particular character, you might want that to determine your pack-opener, since they've indicated you can move the physical items around.

IRT others, to highlight this... (it's *exactly* like I told you it is)
    dwightmc wrote: »
    *Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If we purchased zen in the "past" and have transferred to Neverwinter, can we still get the bonus pack for free?

Double checking because I purchased and transferred zen for the first time last week when the keys went on sale and needed a respec.. would be a little upset if it does not apply to my next zen transfer/purchase.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Adventurers,
    Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter.

Whenever?
    So each time I transfer 500 Zen I can claim it again?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Head banging on wall...

You will already have it
    You will already have it
    You will already have it

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I'm pretty sure that you'll only get one dog (like the Fey Panther except not auctionable), but that it won't be character-bound until you name the beast. My point is that if you want the respec and/or appearance change on a particular character, you might want that to determine your pack-opener, since they've indicated you can move the physical items around.

IRT others, to highlight this... (it's *exactly* like I told you it is)

Alright cool. Thanks. Didn't see that highlight the first time or it was added later.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I'm still confused. If it's available to people who have purchased Zen in the past, would that not make it retroactive? Can someone please explain this to me in clear English as to what exactly makes someone eligible to get this?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My interpretation now they they have edited everything.

The gift will be applied once per account for a Zen transfer from this point onwards, regardless of prior purchases.

The fact that it already shows up in the shop (but can't be claimed) for people with past transactions is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-up.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I'm still confused. If it's available to people who have purchased Zen in the past, would that not make it retroactive? Can someone please explain this to me in clear English as to what exactly makes someone eligible to get this?

From this point forward, if you transfer at least 500 Zen you will receive the pack whether or not it is your first time transferring Zen. Its not retroactive meaning you wont get it for having transferred zen in the past. Hope this clears things up.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    From this point forward, if you transfer at least 500 Zen you will receive the pack whether or not it is your first time transferring Zen. Its not retroactive meaning you wont get it for having transferred zen in the past. Hope this clears things up.

Yes, thanks.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to move some zen when the bug is fixed.

As for the dog companion.. is that completely tied to only one character or do we get it account wide?
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ^Ditto.

And this is the million-dollar question of the hour (or week if it takes that long) LOL
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Adventurers,

If you have yet to explore what the Zen Market can offer, now is the time to do so. Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter. The bundle, which is valued at $50, includes an exclusive War Dog Companion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Appearance Change Token Pack and more!

To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox. The pack can only be claimed once per account.

*Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past, but it is not retroactive.

Learn More here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243

Known issue: There is a known issue with the delivery of the pack, please visit here for more info.

Thanks,

Dwight

I hate it when ya'll do packs like this. That it comes with a companion entices me, but that the companion is for one character and not account unlocked so all my characters can get it spoils it for me. It's this very thing that's kept me from bothering to buy that 20 steam pack and the pack with the portal dog. I don't mind paying a bit to get bundle packs, but not if it's only going to be useable by one character (in whole or in part) and while I know it's only 5 for this one, it's disappointing, extra since I can assume it's only only to happen once and only one character will get it, so there will only be one war dog, correct me if I'm mistaken and the pack is granted to each character, but from what I can guess it's not even going to add the dog to the reward claim vender and with all my characters since beta I'm a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I, too, would like to know if it's a single companion, or an account-wide one. I am interested in the pack, but mainly only for the companion, and whether it's account-wide will be the deciding factor for me...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    slashermoviessslashermoviess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why is steam excluded in these promotions? I got kind of buggered over with the stone last promotion and now the first time buyers as well?

Where would I go about taking advantage of said rewards if apparently my steam wallet isn't good enough for neverwinter? :3
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why is steam excluded in these promotions? I got kind of buggered over with the stone last promotion and now the first time buyers as well?

Where would I go about taking advantage of said rewards if apparently my steam wallet isn't good enough for neverwinter? :3

Just a guess here, but maybe it has to do with what percent of the income from the purchase goes to Perfect World...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    slashermoviessslashermoviess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Just a guess here, but maybe it has to do with what percent of the income from the purchase goes to Perfect World...

Probably - I wasn't trying to make my comment sound condescending or anything. I was just curious. I, settled on buying some zen through their site (With a bit of searching around) so hopefully when they clear up the first time buyers pack thing. I will get it. :)
  • Options
    gen0sis8703gen0sis8703 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah it is due to the known issue, we will hopefully have fix soon, but you will receive the pack within 72 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience.

So how long is this going on? Unless I read over it I didn't see a date
  • Options
    chmmr213chmmr213 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27
    edited May 2014
    Steam exclusion is not advertised on the buyer pack info... this is not readily available information so I purchased 1000 zen through steam transaction after being enticed with the pack. there should be a fix to this issue imho that includes rightfully rewarding the pack to steam purchases made until they update the info in the zen market. To me that is the only responsible action that can be taken at this point.
  • Options
    johorojohoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    Excuse me.What the quality of the war dog?On Arc it said blue companion but in game I saw green text "War Dog Carrier".
  • Options
    berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2014
    This sale promotion is very unclear and poorly communicated.

The dog is account-wide, but is it reclaimable on every character? Is it bind on pickup for the character that picks it up? Can it be transferred to other characters in the account if it hasn't already been named yet?

When does this sale promotion end?

Is the companion delivered as a green or blue companion? Some people have a green companion war dog in-game.

All of these questions also apply to the stone of health, and the 12 slot bag as well.

• Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This might seem to be a totally noobish question, but what transfering zen means is restricted only from buying with real money? Or transfer Zen can also mean that which we buy by using AD exchange?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    This might seem to be a totally noobish question, but what transfering zen means is restricted only from buying with real money? Or transfer Zen can also mean that which we buy by using AD exchange?

When you buy Zen with Astral Diamonds through the Exchange you are *not* "transferring" Zen to Neverwinter. it is Zen that is already in Neverwinter. You must buy fresh Zen from Perfect World and then actually transfer at least 500 of that Zen into Neverwinter. However, with the new ARCGAMES.com, their is no "Wallet" and the denominations are in 10s.

Before anyone balks at spending real money to buy Zen to transfer... think of it this way: you are buying a new Companion for only five bucks. And it appears to be the one and only time you will ever get to buy this Companion - so choose wisely in terms of which character actually claims it.

If you want only to buy the minimum amount, you must buy direct from PWE:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet

Click "Charge Zen" - you can purchase as little as $5 for 500 (or more if you choose).
    After purchasing you must manually *Transfer* at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter. Choose "Transfer Zen" to do this.
    Be sure to select Neverwinter as the game and choose "Dragon (International)" as your server (unless you play on the Russian server). Then tap the "Transfer" button.

In-game you should now see your shiny new Zen if you open the Zen Market (press Y). Once you've done that, you should get your shiny new War Dog and other trinkets within three business days (or when the Zen Market item starts working they way it appears it's supposed to work).

You're welcome!
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for your elaborate response.. really shed some light to zen newbies such as me.