What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 847 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do you have to actually buy Zen, or just transfer it. I ask as I've got 2000-odd Zen in my "Perfect World Zen Wallet" from watching adverts and filling in surveys, so if I can get away with just shifting 500 of those over as opposed to buying more...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Technically: just a transfer (from Perfect World Wallet) or a direct purchase through ARC client or ARC Web Site into Neverwinter.
  • Options
    r1der1de Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gonalius wrote: »
    Do you have to actually buy Zen, or just transfer it.

I think you have to actually buy some. I say this because I too transferred 500 zen into neverwinter from the "Zen Wallet", all 500 were from filling out surveys @ Peanut Labs. It's been 2 days, and I have yet to receive any in game mail about a bonus package. :(

YMMV
  • Options
    goldentribegoldentribe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Anyone else having long delays in receiving the pack after getting Zen with Arc? Like 3-4 days delay, had to send a report in to have them tell me it would take up to 2 more days.
    Your Isokinetic Cannon deals 150902 (37320) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Vonph Battleship.

This here is my BOOM stick.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    r1de wrote: »
    I think you have to actually buy some. I say this because I too transferred 500 zen into neverwinter from the "Zen Wallet", all 500 were from filling out surveys @ Peanut Labs. It's been 2 days, and I have yet to receive any in game mail about a bonus package. :(

YMMV

Oh crapola - YES, that's right. You do have to *purchase* Zen because it's a "First Time *Buyers*" gift. Sorry I spaced that earlier as I was thinking of standard promotions.
  • Options
    eryndeleryndel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just to add my own circumstance to the muddled information around this. I bought Zen for the first time on Friday afternoon through the ARC website (https://billing.arcgames.com/en/). Paid through Paypal. Buying this way required me to specify the game (Neverwinter) and the server (Dragon). The Zen showed up almost immediately to my account in game.

While in game, I tried to pull the First Time Buyer's Pack from the Zen Store (thinking this was the way to obtain the pack), and it wouldn't let me, stating that I would "receive this item through in-game mail after transferring 500 Zen into my account." Since it wasn't in my mail for any of my characters, I submitted a ticket. First I was deferred, since it hadn't been 24 hours, but I updated the ticket yesterday to note that it had been over 24 hours. They responded to say the ticket had been escalated to resolve it.

It's been almost 48 hours without the item, but that's not nearly as bad as some of the folks on this thread. I wonder if part of the issue is the new ARC website requires you to specify the game/server, without having the old PWE website which I think had an additional step (Zen bought went into the PWE wallet, which you then had to manually transfer to the right game/server).
  • Options
    vonfeltyvonfelty Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How does one open a ticket?

The ingame help does nothing and when I try to log into support.arcgames.com it doesn't allow me to log in to support due to a redirect problem. I can log into www.arcgames.com apparently fine though strangely enough.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    vonfelty wrote: »
    How does one open a ticket?

The ingame help does nothing and when I try to log into support.arcgames.com it doesn't allow me to log in to support due to a redirect problem. I can log into www.arcgames.com apparently fine though strangely enough.

Go to ARCGames.com - login.
    Click SUPPORT in the menu of links at the top.
    Select GAMES
    Select your game (in this case: Neverwinter)

A bunch of links to FAQ questions appear. At the bottom of that page is text that says: Can't find a solution to your issue? with a button that says "Submit a Ticket" - clicking that allows you to send a support ticket. If you login to ARCGames.com at the beginning you should remain logged-in throughout.

I had the same problem, and support fixed me right up within a couple days. Here's how I did it:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?685791-Help-Customer-Service-help-you!!-Tips-for-sending-support-tickets
  • Options
    vonfeltyvonfelty Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Go to ARCGames.com - login.
    Click SUPPORT in the menu of links at the top.
    Select GAMES
    Select your game (in this case: Neverwinter)

A bunch of links to FAQ questions appear. At the bottom of that page is text that says: Can't find a solution to your issue? with a button that says "Submit a Ticket" - clicking that allows you to send a support ticket. If you login to ARCGames.com at the beginning you should remain logged-in throughout.

I had the same problem, and support fixed me right up within a couple days. Here's how I did it:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?685791-Help-Customer-Service-help-you!!-Tips-for-sending-support-tickets

Ok. Arcgames support website is broken for me. It gives a redirect loop and won't display the page. I tried IE and Firefox on Win7. I've tried Firefox and Chrome on my OS X computer. Neither computer works so I suspect its either something with my ISP or Arcgames website (I suspect Arcgames more).

Currently does the site work for you after you log in? How am I supposed to get support if I can't access the support page?

Keep in mind this the support section of arc games. I can log into www.arcgames.com just fine. However, support.arcgames.com does not load on either of my comptuers. I suppose I can try my iPhone and see if that works.
  • Options
    nullshock666nullshock666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The way I read it, if you have already you don't get it. And even if you did make another purchase, you wouldn't get it.
    You are mistaken my friend. I have earned about 2,000 Zen and bought around 3000 Zen prior to this promotion, all went to Neverwinter you have to purchase it via the ARC client while in game, I think. . .I bought some today for a mount, and I did it while I was in game via ARC, and I just got an email notifying me that I have the reward. It being not retroactive means your previous purchases do not count, you have to buy another 500 zen. Peace brother.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    For people who bought zen in the past, do they have to transfer 500 more zen?

Yup buy and transfer 500zen and you get it. I just did and I have spent money on zen before promo(3000 Zen so $30). Then today I speant some money in the zen market while in game through the Arc client (I usually launch from steam, but I knew I was going to be purchasing Zen so I wanted to see if it would work. So I launched from Arc, opened the zen store, clicked on buy Zen which sent me to the Arc HUD (alt+whatever button normally) and I bough the Zen. You may have to wait awhile though, it took a couple hours for me to get an email, I am about to log in and check it out I am hoping that the Dog Companion is account wide, I would like my Alts to have him as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Head banging on wall...

You will already have it
    You will already have it
    You will already have it

lmao You win quote of the Day.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I'm still confused. If it's available to people who have purchased Zen in the past, would that not make it retroactive? Can someone please explain this to me in clear English as to what exactly makes someone eligible to get this?

Sorry if this was already answered, I haven't read every entry in this thread and likely won't. What it means by retroactive is that your previous purchases do not count, you have to buy 500 more zen, Also I am not sure if this is required, but I would launch from the Arc client, and then buy the Zen(click the buy zen button in the Zen Market, not the exhange buying with AD doesn't count.) Oh and using Steam to buy Zen won't work, they have that in the description on this promos page. I wonder how many people didn't bother to read (usually a lot) and got all mad because they didn't get the pack. I usually launch from Steam myself, but I yea read my other comments lol.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wonder how many people didn't bother to read (usually a lot)

Like how most of these questions were relevant over a month ago when this promo was introduced and have since been answered?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    chmmr213 wrote: »
    Steam exclusion is not advertised on the buyer pack info... this is not readily available information so I purchased 1000 zen through steam transaction after being enticed with the pack. there should be a fix to this issue imho that includes rightfully rewarding the pack to steam purchases made until they update the info in the zen market. To me that is the only responsible action that can be taken at this point.
    It is in the description. . .Should have read the whole page mate. Sorry to hear you didn't get the Item pack, maybe open up a ticket, and explain you didn't see the bit about Steam transfers.

"With so many new Zen Market items being released and a brand new Lockbox, there’s no better time to transfer Zen. Transfer Zen today to get your free bundle valued at $50!

If you need to purchase Zen for Neverwinter, click here. Be sure to select Neverwinter during the checkout process and your funds will be transferred directly in-game.

*Note: Steam Wallet transactions do not qualify for this offer"
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup buy and transfer 500zen and you get it. I just did and I have spent money on zen before promo(3000 Zen so $30). Then today I speant some money in the zen market while in game through the Arc client (I usually launch from steam, but I knew I was going to be purchasing Zen so I wanted to see if it would work. So I launched from Arc, opened the zen store, clicked on buy Zen which sent me to the Arc HUD (alt+whatever button normally) and I bough the Zen. You may have to wait awhile though, it took a couple hours for me to get an email, I am about to log in and check it out I am hoping that the Dog Companion is account wide, I would like my Alts to have him as well.

The dog is not account wide, it is a one off in that you only get one.

• Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm a bit confused with this.

I've added zen to my Neverwinter account last year before the 1st time buyers pack existed and it was never awarded to me retroactively.

I've purchased $40.00 worth of Zen in the past 2 weeks and still no 1st time buyers pack.

2 weeks ago a purchased 20.00 worth of Zen and converted it to AD so a could get a good deal on a +3 mount from the AH and just this past Sunday I purchased another 20.00 worth of Zen so I could get 2x Greater Bags of Holding from the Zen Market Place and still no 1st Time Buyers pack.

Do I not qualify for it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    You do qualify. It is not awarded retroactively, says so right in the description. There are people have had issues getting the pack, which is the point of this thread. You may be one of them, submit a help ticket to get your issue resolved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ibitenecksibitenecks Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I purchased my first 50$ of Zen on 6-22-14 and have not recieved the First Time Buters Pack.
    Was wondering why. To soon for the promotion or to late?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ibitenecks wrote: »
    I purchased my first 50$ of Zen on 6-22-14 and have not recieved the First Time Buters Pack.
    Was wondering why. To soon for the promotion or to late?

It does not expire, but it's a one-time-only for each account. Submit a support ticket, be polite and very patient.

The reward isn't going anywhere so you -will- get it. I got mine and to be truthful about it: I just put the box into my shared bank and it sits there still. And it will until I roll a new toon (maybe whenever they release a new class) and that's when I'll open it.
  • Options
    raenter1raenter1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Question, have any of you gone into the zen market in game, clicked on the First Time Buyers back down where it says coupon? The little drop box under the picture. That's how I had to redeem mine and then it was sent in the mail. Or something like that. It's been awhile.
  • Options
    darknrauldarknraul Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Adventurers,

If you have yet to explore what the Zen Market can offer, now is the time to do so. Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter. The bundle, which is valued at $50, includes an exclusive War Dog Companion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Appearance Change Token Pack and more!

To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox. The pack can only be claimed once per account.

*Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past, but it is not retroactive.

Learn More here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243

Known issue: There is a known issue with the delivery of the pack, please visit here for more info.

Thanks,

Dwight

I bought 1000 Zen and still nothing. I used the in game link like i have always done in the past to buy zen and i didnt get the bag even though the 1000 zen is in my game account
    Lvl 60 Control Wizard, Lvl 60 Devoted Cleric, Lvl 60 Great Weapon Fighter, Lvl 60 Guardian Fighter, Lvl 60 Trickster Rogue, Lvl 60 Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They're having to process all of the manually because the automation that should fire when you do this doesn't work. You really do need to be patience. Put in a Customer Support ticket and like angrysprite said, be nice about it. It happened to me too, and it took a few days, but I did eventually get the box. If you put in a ticket and complain and moan and groan -- expect a long wait. They're not paid well enough to put up with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Treat CS folks like you'd treat your Mother - or, at least like you SHOULD treat your Mother anyway.
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is this event still going on?
    Do I get my pack if I buy zen now?
  • Options
    refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't you have to spend some of the new Zen you've charged at the market to get the pack? I bought some keys in the sale with my latest Main character and the pack was sent in the mail to my first ever character. But the pack could be claimed and then mailed to any character on that account.

~
  • Options
    berylgreenberylgreen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 66
    edited July 2014
    I charged some Zen through Arc for an alt account, and got the pack within an hour. (My main account had been hacked, I wanted to play, and there was an event going on.) The pack showed up before I purchased anything in the Zen Market.

@korpakukac - I no longer see the offer on the "Home" page ingame (press L). You ask a good question.
  • Options
    f12ostf12ost Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Adventurers,

If you have yet to explore what the Zen Market can offer, now is the time to do so. Starting now, players will receive a Free Bundle whenever they transfer Zen to Neverwinter. The bundle, which is valued at $50, includes an exclusive War Dog Companion, Embroidered Bag of Holding, Appearance Change Token Pack and more!

To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet). Once the transfer has completed, players will receive the free bundle in their in-game inbox. The pack can only be claimed once per account.

*Note: while titled "First Time Buyers Pack" the pack is also available to players who have purchased Zen in the past, but it is not retroactive.

Learn More here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/5002243

Known issue: There is a known issue with the delivery of the pack, please visit here for more info.

Thanks,

Dwight

Hi,

Its been weeks and ive spent USD50. did not receive anything till now.
  • Options
    raevenonraevenon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Being NW newbs, my wife and I both took the advertisement at its word (What we both realize to be lacking in description).The Ad makes the Dog sound "Account Bound" (A term commonly used when you can freely transfer and USE an item on all associated toons), when its not...... Sure, you can transfer it between toons, but you only get one.....

Sincerely,
    Raevenon
  • Options
    bongfunkibongfunki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WoW... Thats really greety done. Not letting ppl know that steam doesn't work for it. (in-game) I dont have a lot of money, and when i saw i could get something really usefull. For not that much money. It really made me happy.And as far as i could see at that momment. There was only Steam to pick from. When i wanted to buy Zhen. Soo... I didn't get anything... Then when i log into the homepage to see what i have to pay more to get it. It wont show me. It just show how much money i can spent. And the lowet was 9.99 Euro. So thats 2 times more then i allready spent. AND it doesn't even show how much i get for the 9.99 Euros...
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OK I got it. Guess I needed to log out then back in. :D