Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »
    Thank you for your elaborate response.. really shed some light to zen newbies such as me.

You are most welcomed! May I recommend you peruse the Neverwinter Economy FAQ? The link is in my signature and may help you gain a strong understanding of a lot more than just Zen Points. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Im not gettin it, so this pack just gets activate if I buy 50 US$ at once?
    If i reach the 50 dollars by charging dont know 5 dollars, 5 dollars tomorrow, etc, etc... i wont get the pack?

No - it activates only once if you transfer $5 worth of Zen (not $50) - which is 500 Zen. If you do not have any Zen in your PWE Zen Wallet, then you can buy 500 Zen for $5. Please see post #33 for details how to do this.

And it does *appear* to be a one-time-only opportunity - you get to claim it once and only once, ever. But this special offer does not *appear* to ever expire, either.
  • Options
    magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    No - it activates only once if you transfer $5 worth of Zen (not $50) - which is 500 Zen. If you do not have any Zen in your PWE Zen Wallet, then you can buy 500 Zen for $5. Please see post #33 for details how to do this.

And it does *appear* to be a one-time-only opportunity - you get to claim it once and only once, ever. But this special offer does not *appear* to ever expire, either.
    yeah sorry i made my currency convertion, when i say 50 dls i wanted to say 50 ARS (and i made it wrong aparently)
    The problem its the following, if i pay 23 ARS they give me 29 zen, so to get 500 i have to pay like, dont know 400$ , thats a lot of money for 500 zen xD (almost 1 zen per ARS)
    I can only make the payment by phone and in cuotes of 24 ARS, if i made that the 16,17 times it would take me to reach 400 ARS i would get the pack or not O.o?
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    To receive the pack players must transfer at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter (does not count Steam wallet)

This is really a mood killer tbh, people saw this promotion in game and there is no mention of Steam wallet.
  • Options
    vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm I went to charge ZEN and the smallest amount I can purchase is $10. How do I purchase just $5 please?
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Confirmed, available for pick up in the Gateway Zen Store :D !

ty_zpse8e6fd6b.jpg
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    vattara wrote: »
    Hmm I went to charge ZEN and the smallest amount I can purchase is $10. How do I purchase just $5 please?

Read post #33 on Page 1
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mstrssihr wrote: »
    Confirmed, available for pick up in the Gateway Zen Store :D !

I tired that and it didn't work for me :/
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got mine in the mail today, as did others.
  • Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I recieved mine 20 minutes ago. Unfortunatly the companion description of being in a wardog carrier is false. As soon as you open the first time buyers pack you get the pet and its bound to that character.......................................................................................................................
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rheepark wrote: »
    I recieved mine 20 minutes ago. Unfortunatly the companion description of being in a wardog carrier is false. As soon as you open the first time buyers pack you get the pet and its bound to that character.......................................................................................................................

Bummer! So it's only a single companion then? You can't reclaim it?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    rheeparkrheepark Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Right, there is nothing at the claims agent. Pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> because i didnt want that companion on one of my crafting/invokers.
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can anyone confirm if the extra character slot comes with it?

I just transferred 500 Zen to Neverwinter and I'm now waiting for the 72 hours delivery.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes...i got one extra character slot with my pack.
  • Options
    nalfyrnalfyr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    got mine yes comes with character slot - and can confirm that the BOX before you open it to recive anything Is Account Bound *the first time buyer box i mean*
  • Options
    serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nic1985 wrote: »
    Yes...i got one extra character slot with my pack.
    nalfyr wrote: »
    got mine yes comes with character slot - and can confirm that the BOX before you open it to recive anything Is Account Bound *the first time buyer box i mean*

Thanks! Looking forward to my chara slot then :D
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • Options
    spike0337spike0337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well one thing with this is I got the mail for it but it only shows up on one char. mail and not the others.So no way of picking whose going to get it.The other funny thing is I just bought 2 app. change tokens because of the new hair styles.But all in all thanks for the free stuff.
  • Options
    defiantwomandefiantwoman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When you buy Zen with Astral Diamonds through the Exchange you are *not* "transferring" Zen to Neverwinter. it is Zen that is already in Neverwinter. You must buy fresh Zen from Perfect World and then actually transfer at least 500 of that Zen into Neverwinter. However, with the new ARCGAMES.com, their is no "Wallet" and the denominations are in 10s.

Before anyone balks at spending real money to buy Zen to transfer... think of it this way: you are buying a new Companion for only five bucks. And it appears to be the one and only time you will ever get to buy this Companion - so choose wisely in terms of which character actually claims it.

If you want only to buy the minimum amount, you must buy direct from PWE:

https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet

Click "Charge Zen" - you can purchase as little as $5 for 500 (or more if you choose).
    After purchasing you must manually *Transfer* at least 500 Zen into Neverwinter. Choose "Transfer Zen" to do this.
    Be sure to select Neverwinter as the game and choose "Dragon (International)" as your server (unless you play on the Russian server). Then tap the "Transfer" button.

In-game you should now see your shiny new Zen if you open the Zen Market (press Y). Once you've done that, you should get your shiny new War Dog and other trinkets within three business days (or when the Zen Market item starts working they way it appears it's supposed to work).

You're welcome!

I am very disappointed that the page with the $5 purchase has been redirected to an ArcGames page with a minimum of $10 purchase. This is classic bait-and-switch. Advertise a minimum of 500 Zen needed to purchase and only sell it in 1000 zen increments making us pay $10 for a $5 item. Deceptive advertising. You won't be getting my money now.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am very disappointed that the page with the $5 purchase has been redirected to an ArcGames page with a minimum of $10 purchase. This is classic bait-and-switch. Advertise a minimum of 500 Zen needed to purchase and only sell it in 1000 zen increments making us pay $10 for a $5 item. Deceptive advertising. You won't be getting my money now.

Yes, the minimum Zen you can buy is $10, but you need only transfer 500 Zen into NW, and the rest can remain in your wallet, in case they offer a similar promotion later. Those 500 Zen also don't get used up on the pack - you need on transfer them into NW, (so you are then free to spend them or put them on the AD exchange while the market is in the Zen-holder's favor).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I'm probably going to shoot myself for saying this, as they might 'fix' it, but it you follow the steps below, you can still buy $5.00 worth of Zen:
    1) Go to http://www.perfectworld.com/login
    2) DON'T LOG IN! In the upper right, you will see 'Charge Zen', DON'T CLICK IT!. Just hover over it to show the drop down, and choose 'Purchase Zen'.
    3) *Now* you will be asked to login. Do so, and it will direct you to the old Zen purchase page.

Did it yesterday, so it is current.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thanks litaaers, worked like a charm!
  • Options
    johorojohoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    War Dog Carrier is bound (account).I just mail it to my DC.All items are bound (account) too.except Embroidered Bag of Holding bound on character who open.
  • Options
    alphablaze22alphablaze22 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My pack went to the wrong character. What the deuce. I need the companion for my cleric not my gwf.
  • Options
    alphablaze22alphablaze22 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My pack went to the wrong character. What the deuce. I need the companion for my cleric not my gwf.

Nevermind, I didn't realize until just now I could mail the pack to my other character. I can actually divide the stuff up too
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2014
    chmmr213 wrote: »
    Steam exclusion is not advertised on the buyer pack info... this is not readily available information so I purchased 1000 zen through steam transaction after being enticed with the pack. there should be a fix to this issue imho that includes rightfully rewarding the pack to steam purchases made until they update the info in the zen market. To me that is the only responsible action that can be taken at this point.

Agreed. There is nothing telling you anything like this ingame. I saw the ingame section on Free. I read what it told me to do. I transferred ZEN through steam (2k ZEN). Didn't receive anything. Filed a ticket. They gave me a link. Link brought me here. Um, the transaction takes place within the game fully, nowhere does it say that the item on the ZEN store has other requirements or limitations and that I should search forums and other info sites to know whether or not I will received what I was told I would.
  • Options
    dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »
    Agreed. There is nothing telling you anything like this ingame. I saw the ingame section on Free. I read what it told me to do. I transferred ZEN through steam (2k ZEN). Didn't receive anything. Filed a ticket. They gave me a link. Link brought me here. Um, the transaction takes place within the game fully, nowhere does it say that the item on the ZEN store has other requirements or limitations and that I should search forums and other info sites to know whether or not I will received what I was told I would.
    I also saw it advertised in-game and put money in my steam account specifically for this. As you said there was nothing there to indicate that transfers from a steam account was excluded. Everyone doesn't look at the forums. This is the first time I have looked at them as I was trying to find out why I didn't get the pack mailed to me. Obviously from what I have read here it was a waste of money. I'm certainly not going to follow it up with another $10 (min amount apparently) just to get this pack.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Yes, the minimum Zen you can buy is $10, but you need only transfer 500 Zen into NW, and the rest can remain in your wallet, in case they offer a similar promotion later. Those 500 Zen also don't get used up on the pack - you need on transfer them into NW, (so you are then free to spend them or put them on the AD exchange while the market is in the Zen-holder's favor).

You can still buy $/€5 from here: https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

It's a bit tricky and may ask you to go to ARC several times but it works. I did it yesterday (thanks angrysprite :P).
  • Options
    crimehomecrimehome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same! transferred the first day of icewind dale zens into neverwinter and no pack for now ç_ç
  • Options
    bombamariobombamario Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sugarlies wrote: »

same here... transfered 9€ (1k zen) via steam wallet expecting to get the pack. but i didnt. as it doesnt say in the zen shop that purchases via steam are excluded, im still expecting to get my pack.

until they fix the pack description into something like "hey, dig through this thread in the forums for random reasons why you may NOT receive this pack, but thanks for buying zen anyway huahuahauha!" of course...

i feel tricked and i am very, very disappointed...