What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

First Time Buyers Pack

Comments

• Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So I just bought $10 worth of zen, but it transfered automatically into my account. Does that count as a transfer or is that what a steam wallet is? As you can tell I have no idea what the latter is and I would really like that dog companion.
  • Options
    ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The Steam Wallet is a service provided by Steam. Steam is a digital video game store, unless you use it's services you do not have a Steam Wallet. If you bought your Zen through the ARC launcher you should be good to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whitecr0w11whitecr0w11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Getting pretty sick of waiting to get the reward. Filed a ticket and was told to wait another 24 hours. I have, and I still have nothing. Not too anxious to buy any more zen right now.
  • Options
    isupreme9oisupreme9o Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chmmr213 wrote: »
    Steam exclusion is not advertised on the buyer pack info... this is not readily available information so I purchased 1000 zen through steam transaction after being enticed with the pack. there should be a fix to this issue imho that includes rightfully rewarding the pack to steam purchases made until they update the info in the zen market. To me that is the only responsible action that can be taken at this point.

I have also purchased 500 zen through steam wallet and found out later that I am not qualified for the gift pack.. I just wish that the information listed in the ingame Zen Market can be more precise... @_@
  • Options
    isupreme9oisupreme9o Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    evilbrewed wrote: »
    That's exactly my point. I can understand that they can't include Steam Wallet transactions, but they SHOULD have put in a note saying so in the Zen Market ad. This was an unintentional bait and switch, but it WAS a bait and switch never-the-less.

Yes exactly.. Not everyone browse their website/forums all the time. I just saw the offer on the In game Zen market and bought the zen..
    Imho i think PWI should have state it more clearly to prevent "accidental" purchase..
  • Options
    wolfrayne13wolfrayne13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why doesn't a purchase of Zen through Steam count? The Zen is purchased and the people behind the game still get the money. So why is a Steam purchase disqualified?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why doesn't a purchase of Zen through Steam count? The Zen is purchased and the people behind the game still get the money. So why is a Steam purchase disqualified?

There is no way of matching individual Steam purchases to your Neverwinter account. PWE gets paid a total lump sum from those. So if you want credit, buy direct so that the purchase is actually attributed to your account.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    whitecr0w11whitecr0w11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do devs even look at this thread any more? I'm just attempting to drop anchor anywhere I can in the hopes someone important sees it: It's been a week now and I still don't have my reward items.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do devs even look at this thread any more? I'm just attempting to drop anchor anywhere I can in the hopes someone important sees it: It's been a week now and I still don't have my reward items.

It really won't be replied to by staff unless more information is necessary. I posted a question in the other thread you started on this matter, though.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    baddawgebaddawge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    In the original announcement news post they wrote in red writing that steam wallet transactions didn't count , I'm not coming to PW's defense or whatever and if you look at my post history you will see I'll call out the developers if I think they are doing something unfair or wrong but on this occasion they did make it clear in the announcement that steam wallet wouldn't count.

And yet..anyone that doesn't use the forums (such as new players like myself) were not aware of this. The fact they are misleading customers IN THE GAME and not telling them their Steam wallet purchases do not count is false advertisement.

Please show me in this screenshot where I would know my purchases do not count towards the First Time Buyers pack?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4148447/neverwinter_first_time_pack_1.png

I currently have a ticket in with support over this very issue. It's misleading that we could get the FTBP. All they would need to do is add something saying Steam Wallet purchases don't count. Very simple and straight forward.
  • Options
    shadowscrushshadowscrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    baddawge wrote: »
    And yet..anyone that doesn't use the forums (such as new players like myself) were not aware of this. The fact they are misleading customers IN THE GAME and not telling them their Steam wallet purchases do not count is false advertisement.

Please show me in this screenshot where I would know my purchases do not count towards the First Time Buyers pack?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4148447/neverwinter_first_time_pack_1.png

I currently have a ticket in with support over this very issue. It's misleading that we could get the FTBP. All they would need to do is add something saying Steam Wallet purchases don't count. Very simple and straight forward.

I have a ticket open with them as well, and I will continue to do so until something is done.
    The first ticket I put in they said to contact Steam to get it refunded, well, I did put in a support ticket for steam and they said it is not refundable, so I updated my ticket with PWE with that info and have yet to receive a response.
  • Options
    shadowscrushshadowscrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, as an update, they've essentially just continually dodged doing anything.
    They refuse to add the pack manually, refund, or even compensate for the mistake.

I even asked that they at the very least update the store text to reflect it and got a "yeah we'll pass it on to the dev team for future promotions"

Honestly, worst kind of customer service, just dusting your customers under the rug for a mistake you won't admit to.

I don't understand why they wouldn't either, it only adds further proof to the money-grubbing reputation they've garnered just from how their games run already.

Take a game like Warframe, their servers got DDoS'd once or twice so far (successfully that is) and both times their service went down, they gave out bonuses and rewards to players for the time it was down. And you know what, yes their security wasn't quite up to par at the time, but they were a small team just starting up; but they took it upon themselves to apologize to their player base for an issue that, in a basic sense, wasn't even their fault.

And don't worry, I get it, PWE is a big mash of stuff, and they probably don't even care if one of their games looks bad here and there because they have so many different revenue streams and they can always just pick up another game to host; but man, I still think its ****ty business practice.
  • Options
    tomashgdatomashgda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I did the same mistake of buying ZEN through Steam Wallet, and I don't mind paying an extra 5$ to get another 500 ZEN and the pack, but for a first impression - really bad. I'm not too sure I want to sink in more money, just so I'll have to wait a whole week to get the pack.
  • Options
    sylairansylairan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi I am a new player to neverwinter. I took advantage of your "FREE BUNDLE" and got myself $50 USD of ZEN(5000). 6 days latter and I still do not have anything in my mail box for this ''BUNDLE'' i've posted tickets to no reply. and looking at your sight it says 24 hrs... some may take a bit longer. LIKE WTF ITS BEEN ALMOST A WEEK. I am a little more then ticked off with this slack service provided and do not wish to invest anymore money into this game. If i could get a full refund I would. The only reason i joined was because of a friend. -_- and it looked like a good game and it is fun. But if I buy something I want what is agreed when payment is made not whenever it suits the company to give the product to people. You have paying customers I recommend looking after them a bit better then this..

Truly disappointed.
  • Options
    vonfeltyvonfelty Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well looks like I got suckered into it as well. The ingame advertisement has nothing about not being valid for a steam purchase. I wasn't even aware of the issue until I purchased something and didn't get the advertised item. So I googled the problem and got this thread. I notice one of the above users posted a screen shot as proof. I suppose I'll go through the motions and file a bug report, but if its not resolved I suppose I am never spending any more money on a Perfect World game ever again. I'll dissuade anyone I know from playing PW games.

Then I suppose I will post bad reviews on Steam citing this problem and will urge everyone on the forums to do the same.

I don't know why this is a problem with Steam and why they can't at least fix the in game advertisement, but I'm sure they would get more money out of me than what they lose if they just went ahead and gave me the item. I might be spending $50-100 on this game (maybe more on other games if they were decent), but now I know I won't ever do it again out of principal unless they resolve the problem.
  • Options
    kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've put in a ticket about 2 weeks ago, after I purchased 2,000 in zen through their website... And I still have not received my first time buyers pack.

Really disappointed with this promotion, and the level of customer service given to us.
  • Options
    vonfeltyvonfelty Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've put in a ticket about 2 weeks ago, after I purchased 2,000 in zen through their website... And I still have not received my first time buyers pack.

Really disappointed with this promotion, and the level of customer service given to us.

Oh wow. That is good to know that even if we went to the website and buy it that we still wouldn't get it.

Everyone should be giving this game bad reviews in Steam.
  • Options
    northernlights60northernlights60 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As far as I am concerned zen is over priced by about 40% if you are using it to buy AD. Also the zen market is kept artificially this way as it caps at 500 for selling zen. This needs to be changed one way or the other.
  • Options
    bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This pack is being sent to character specific mailboxes. I relogged onto an alt to check professions and found the giftbox in it's mailbox. Unfortunately it's BoP, but could I transfer it to the correct character if I take it out of mail?
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • Options
    onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    YEs, the box goes to the first character who logged into the account after you accepted the promotion. The initial box might be Bind on Pickup, but the items within it are not. Just do not open the items within the box unless you are on the character you want the item to go to. For instance, the dog is bound to the character who opens the box the dog is within. So DO NOT open the dog's carrier box except with the character you want the dog to be with.

The dog is inconsistent with other companions, as most companions are not bound that way. They are bound on use. The dog is bound when you open the box that contains it. That box is within the initial box of goods, so you can open the initial box with all the goodies and then distribute what is within the initial box to your characters.
  • Options
    leorickecileorickeci Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I still haven't received my pack, and it's been 3 days.
  • Options
    jugoyajugoya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So you have to do this through the old perfect world application?
    I bought my 1000 zen through Arc x.x
    But this was about 24 hours ago.
    Will I get the promotion?

This whole conversation is confusing me?
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    leorickeci wrote: »
    I still haven't received my pack, and it's been 3 days.

I'm having the same problem. 4 days have past now. I only started playing Neverwinter 2 weeks ago, only ONE character and have never played any other Arc or PWE game (so definitely a first time buyer). I funded a small purchase (1000 zen) with PayPal to test this out. I received the zen on my NW account a few hours later and spent most of it already, but now 4 days later, still no first time pack in mail (I have only ONE character).

I opened a detailed support ticket (i even said over 72 hours have past in subject and body of message) and got a canned response about packs are sent within 30 mins. I sent a reply to again to describe clearly all the details again and got the SAME canned reply.

How can I be confident about spending any more money on this game?
  • Options
    jugoyajugoya Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In all truth the bonus pack is just a gift ^^

I enjoyed spending my Zen; I got myself a mount and found out that buying a mount from the zen store means you can claim it on every character you have!

So I'm a happy camper anyway even if I had to go crazy on the earning zen scale as I only spent 10$ ^^
    I'm sure they are all working on it!
  • Options
    moskwich99moskwich99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I havent recived my pack for 6 days now... If you cant do something dont promisse it :/
  • Options
    rmxiiirmxiii Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I transfered 500 Zen over to Neverwinter this weekend on the website (not though Steam) and I have yet to see my First Time Buyers pack on any of my chars at all here. I've looked and no mail with it on any of them currently.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why am I not surprised that they are having problems with this promotion. You would think they would have tested this before they tried to bribe people to purchase Zen for the game.
  • Options
    betivabetiva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    salut am cumparat pachetul guardian neverwinter pach si in joc nu dau de el asta fiind prima problema cea de a doua e ca am cumparat 5000 zen si nici aici nu am cadoul cineva sa ma ajute
  • Options
    gael4ce3gael4ce3 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's been a couple of weeks for me. Never got any response on my ticket other than the canned one, still don't have the promo pack.

Has *anyone* gotten it?
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gael4ce3 wrote: »
    It's been a couple of weeks for me. Never got any response on my ticket other than the canned one, still don't have the promo pack.

Has *anyone* gotten it?

I received mine about an hour after transfer.

Did you put in a ticket?