What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dakkon Blackblade - PvE Destroyer Build

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've actually started using battle fury with its feat.
    No reason not to test it out, I'll be doing so this weekend with your suggestion... :)
    A good looking build kolat grats for that my build is slightly different but similar. I also agree that sword master is way better dps than IV.

IV is all about slow spiky damage and knockdowns its why its perfect for sentinels SM is about tearing through multiple opponents or crushing just 1 very quickly which is why its so much better for destroyer.
    Thanks, and I agree 100% here!

zacazu wrote: »
    sir, I was testing this yesterday!
    edit: bf + executioner tested in sp... cw party. Kolat, you'll like it.
    I'm testing it this weekend, but in preliminary it is looking very good... I dropped Deep Gash for Relentless Battle Fury for testing purposes, just FYI. :cool:

cdwhite1 wrote: »
    Thanks! Changing my feats really upped my power and raised my GS 600. Whoa! Now to decide whether or not to keep the vorpal. I tested out a plague fire, but lots of my guildies have those so it seems like a waste. I was thinking maybe a lightning enchantment? Since our bleeds no longer crit and since student of the sword was nerfed, I just don't know if a vorp is the best choice for PvE. Thoughts?
    Right now, for PvE, I'd keep the Vorpal, it is just still better if you have a decent crit chance... IMO. Haven't seen anything come close DPS wise in my testing. Though if I'm wrong, I'll be happy to switch! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thus far, in preliminary testing, Relentless Battle Fury has been pretty darn snazzy... Seems like the animation is a bit shorter, though sometimes lag in Icewind Dale prevents it from going off, but that happens. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was also testing its uptime yesterday. However, also due to no Zen available, I have only 1 point in it and no points in the feat whatsoever. So, trying to leech some information again ;D What's the duration on 3 points + 5/5 in the feat?

Also, have you done some CN runs lately? I'm still using my old IV spec and have only been outdps'd by 3 CWs thus far. Would love to see how your build fares - any chance to have you join us on a CN run? ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    I was also testing its uptime yesterday. However, also due to no Zen available, I have only 1 point in it and no points in the feat whatsoever. So, trying to leech some information again ;D What's the duration on 3 points + 5/5 in the feat?
    Mine with AoW set, w/o bonus, is 12.2 second cool down, and what I can guess it's length to be is about 6-7 seconds. I haven't clocked it fully yet, but I'll try to do so next time I am on. :)

Also, have you done some CN runs lately? I'm still using my old IV spec and have only been outdps'd by 3 CWs thus far. Would love to see how your build fares - any chance to have you join us on a CN run? ;)
    I haven't done any CN runs since prior to Mod 3, so not sure what the total DPS would be, but I'm sure eventually we could run it together some time... Depends on me running/farming Icewind Dale and PvPing, and such. lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thus far Battle Fury, with 5 points in the Relentless Battle Fury feat, has been superb. I have definitely been killing groups of baddies faster in Icewind Dale with it, then without it. I'll be running some Dungeons this week to compare, but I'm pretty sure that it will be a mainstay of my PvE rotation.

That currently is: Battle Fury / Restoring Strike / Indomitable Battle Strike
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Don't forget!

You can refeat within the same paragon path for 78k AD.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brobora wrote: »
    Don't forget!

You can refeat within the same paragon path for 78k AD.
    Well aware, and it's good information to repeat!

Kolat let me just start of by saying thank you for helping out the community. While not a fan of your senti builds you have always provided insightful tips and have remained active when so many have left. You and some others have been posting your mod 3 desty builds and it is a really nice thing to see. I am glad cryptic nerfed the DG and sots feats as we are now seeing much more varied builds.
    Not every build is for every player, that's for sure... :)

It's all about enjoying the game in the manner in which you see fit. I enjoy facetanking (taking lots of damage and laughing at the bosses) and also doing massive DPS and having to be active dodging AoEs, etc. Hence Sentinel and Destroyer specs.
    I was wondering if I could run something by you. For mod 2 I had the standard build with DG and sots with a perfect vorp high crit avatar blah blah. Was wrecking of course. For mod 3 I wanted to try something different. I am grinding the black ice gear and will be trying the corrupted armor and purified weapons. My idea along with this armor is to maximize power and put a much less emphasis on crit. I dropped my p vorp and got a p flaming. On the 35th day of mod 3 I will have almost 11k power and around 2k crit. Along with my dex score I should be pushing around a 24% crit chance.
    I'm sure we can find time, just the next few weeks a bit crazy with holiday, travel for work/school, and such. My schedule levels out a bit come mid June, and for the first 2 weeks of June I won't be on much at all (obviously delaying my progression in Icewind Dale, but that cannot be helped!) so we'll see what we can work out. Shoot me a PM. :)
    Since I am not focusing on crit I at first thought to not use my standard class feature setup of destroyer and weapon master. I switched out weapon master for steel blitz and have been running that way since mod 3 hit. I was wondering if you have run any parses with steel blitz? I am wondering if steel blitz's damage contribution would be outshined by the increase in crit chance from weapon master even though I am not running a vorp.
    If you're not really caring about Crit then Perfect Vorpal is definitely something to put to the wayside. However I cannot say I've parsed out Steel Blitz, but if I was dropping Weapon Master that is definitely the skill I would add in it's place.
    thanks again
    You're welcome bud, keep rocking! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Place Holder.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Greetings guys and gals! :cool:

Hope you’ve been enjoying the frozen tundra of Icewind Dale as much as I have! Been doing a lot of testing on the test shard, and now live, for Module 3…

So here is my current set up for a Pure PvE Destroyer Build. Not claiming it’s the best at all, but it sure hits hard for a min/maxed Powermonger, that’s for darn sure! ;)

As you may be able to deduce from the term Powermonger, I’ve tried to max out Power as much as possible with this build.

The means Radiant Enchants in ALL the offensive slots possible. Power, for this build, is the alpha and the omega of existence! So without further ado…

ScenicPic1_zpsdc6fe586.pngScenicPic2_zps9ec10f1e.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    SWORDMASTER PARAGON PATH

PvE Itemization:

PvEItems_zpsd9b0b9df.png

Avatar of War is still the supreme armor set, though I will be experimenting with the Corrupt Black Ice armor/weapons as soon as I can get them done to see if the build will change...

Anyways, basic premise is to gear yourself out so you mean the 23-24% ArmPen cap on baddies resistance, and then let gear take care of Crit/Recovery while you max Power as much as possible. I chose the Fallen Dragon set of weapons over the Fomorian simply based on the Life Steal (gotta stay alive at least a little bit!) even though it has 10 less Power overall. Seemed like a small, but worthy, sacrifice.

This can be seen in the Artifact selection also, making up ArmPen and increasing Power.

PvE Ability Scores + HP:

BaseStatsMod3_zps5c6f1dcc.png

Base stats were 18/12/18/10/10/10, and you can see I put 6 points into Strength and Constitution. This was intended to minimize the itemization I would need to max out my ArmPen, leaving the rest towards Power.

Gear Score + Gear Score Breakdown:

Stats1_zpse739f2bb.pngStats2_zpsf06faf75.png

To clarify, that is 11,521 Power just standing around w/o Campfire, potions, AoW bonus, Boons that require killing, etc. Literally just minding his own business at 11.5k Power...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    PvE Feats:

Feats_zpse9c7cd49.png

Currently I have 5/5 points in: Great Weapon Focus, Disciple of War, Disciple of War, Staying Power, Executioner's Style, and Focused Destroyer; along with the Captsone of Destroyer's Purpose.

Pure Destroyer...

Heroic Tier:

5/5: Unstoppable Action
    3/3: Disciple of Strength
    3/3: Endless Assault
    5/5: Steely Defense
    3/3: Devastating Critical
    1/3: Weapon Mastery

Paragon Tier:

Instigator Tree:

None.

Destroyer Tree:

5/5: Great Weapon Focus
    5/5: Disciple of War
    5/5: Staying Power
    5/5: Executioner's Style
    5/5: Relentless Battle Fury
    5/5: Focused Destroyer
    1/1: Destroyer’s Purpose

Sentinel Tree:

None.

The reason I stuck with Destroyer is I wanted to experiment the most with the tree in full, and see what I could do. Thus far it was been rocking very well, frequently topping DPS against CWs with similar quality gear/skill. Though I will say a superbly geared CW will still out DPS you running through a dungeon, however you make up the difference (and can sometimes surpass them) when on Boss Killing duty. You are an absolute monster at single target DPS with this Feat selection, while doing just fine and dandy clearing the trash.

Power Selection:

Powers1_zps1ddedaa4.png
    image1_zps11d3421e.png

That's what I've selected with my available points... Now here comes the meat of the build, the rotation.

Power Rotation for PvE:

Passives:

3/3: Destroyer
    3/3: Weapon Master - This can be used for trash, but should definitely be used on bosses.
    3/3: Steel Blitz - This can be used on bosses, but loses a lot there, so should remain for trash.

At-Wills:

3/3: Weapon Masters Strike
    3/3: Sure Strike

Encounters:

3/3: Battle Fury - If you want pure solo power, can take out for Takedown (however I still recommend it on Boss fights as it's been great so far!)
    3/3: Restoring Strike
    3/3: Indomitable Battle Strike

Dailies:

3/3: Crescendo
    3/3: Slam

Battle Fury is the key here mi amigos... It's damage/AP buff is superb now that the animation (seems to be shorter), has an extended length and it's cool down lowered with the Relentless Battle Fury feat. It is a pretty darn good party buff also, which will make you desireable in parties now that Student of the Sword is no longer what it was. Everyone loves more damage and AP gain for themselves, and anyone who says they don't should be reminded how awesome it is by cleaving them in twain with your giant weapon of awesomeness... #JustSaying! lol

Restoring is in there because you are an absolute Glass Cannon... With the low Lifesteal of this build, the extra healing has been life saving. Literally.

With Battle Fury and the appropriate Weapon Master Strike debuffs, I have had critical strikes on Restoring Strike of 45k-60k on a regular basis. Indomitable Battle Strike will frequently crit for over 100k!

Mind you that is all without Combat Advantage... just running around killing things. With combat advantage you can hit 65-80k Restoring Strike hits and over 200k Indomitable Battle Strike hits (that's with party coordination of course!). I think my high, since live mod 3, is 229k and change...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    PvE Companions:

CompanionsPvE_zpsa426698e.png

Here you see:

Ioun Stone of Might: Augement Pet
    Sellsword: + 300 Power
    Skeleton: +165 Power/+165 Lifesteal
    Dancing Blade: +5% Critical Severity
    Lightfoot Thief: Bleed Effect and my replacement for absence of Deep Gash

Itemization is Power + Defense, along with +380 Power from each Bonded enchantment... Yay!

Sharandar Boons:

BoonSharandar_zps49aa4799.png

Dread Ring Boons:

BoonDreadRing_zpsa81a3eb3.png

Icewind Dale Boons:

BoonIcewindDale_zps7bff9f1a.png
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    PvP Itemization:

Pvp1_zps49ed83ba.png

The PvP aspect is there for Open World PvP... You can also do domination, but IV Destroyer's are better for PvP simply based on Threatening Rush. That gap closer is too good to give up for a pure PvP spec. However a Swordmaster can be a monster with rotations of Takedown, Roar/Restoring Strike, Indomitable Battle Strike

PvP HP + Stats:
    Pvp2_zpse2334b22.pngPvp3_zps1981f144.png

Open World PvP Companions:

Pvp4_zpsf20a7827.png

Ioun Stone of Might: Yay Augments!
    Skeleton: Good stat increases.
    Will-O-The-Wisp: Eff CC.
    Slyph: Eff CC MOAR!!!
    Blacksmith: Reflect Damage... Yay!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    All right mi amigos... That's what I've got right now, and I hope to flesh it out more with Black Ice info once I have that completed. Once again, i don't claim this is the best thing ever, but it is super sweet and full of awesome sauce! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    brazennlbrazennl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2014
    Ok this should be the last one...

Tease.

/10char
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    brazennl wrote: »
    Tease.

/10char
    You don't even know...

tumblr_inline_mqd8znKWZ81qz4rgp.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    And updated.. fire away with comments/criticisms/ideas/etc.

Please keep it civil and constructive, or I'll have to mock you... You won't like me when I mock you! :p
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So Kolatmaster, why don't you use Come and get it anymore??is Battle Fury better??
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmmm ... with a range of options, some gaps could be filled.

the first is the heroic feets. the time I ran many, many times I forgot to use daily. he did not miss much. maybe if you swapped ap build for hp / defense (which includes the boon of sharandar) you could lose the need to restoring strike .

considering this, I'd trade restoring strike by roar, adding the party differential control. not is a damage that will jump the view, but it is a respectable aoe with bf + countdown "relatively fast" ... and own production of determination that would leave more time unstoppable, and therefore less glass cannon.

not to mention + encounters = +ap, which would minimize the initial loss.

I think the cost / benefit analysis would be more functional.
  • Options
    johorojohoro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for update info.Is deep gash lost make you significantly lost damage ?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    gman118 wrote: »
    So Kolatmaster, why don't you use Come and get it anymore??is Battle Fury better??
    I don't use it because, to be blunt, there are just better answers out there... If you run with a CW/GF they can put the baddies in the perfect position for you to maximize your AoE. The animation is also a bit slow IMO, along with the effect not lasting long enough. Post Mod 3 the damage, and party benefit, from Battle Fury has been infinitely better then Come and Get It.

hmmm ... with a range of options, some gaps could be filled.
    Well this is a min/maxed build, the point is that by maximizing your damage output you are covering up for the short comings. Kill things faster, less need for HPs, etc. Though I do understand what you mean, I am simply clarifying bud! :)
    the first is the heroic feets. the time I ran many, many times I forgot to use daily. he did not miss much. maybe if you swapped ap build for hp / defense (which includes the boon of sharandar) you could lose the need to restoring strike .
    Well firstly... Don't forget to use your Dailies! lol They are really useful... ;)

Restoring Strike, when combine with it's fast animation, relatively low cool down, and damage buffs from the Class features/Battle Fury isn't a liability at all in my estimation.
    considering this, I'd trade restoring strike by roar, adding the party differential control. not is a damage that will jump the view, but it is a respectable aoe with bf + countdown "relatively fast" ... and own production of determination that would leave more time unstoppable, and therefore less glass cannon.
    Roar has it's place, particularly in PvP. However, w/o Threatening Rush or Mighty Leap to close distances, I found Roar to be as helpful as it is annoying in PvE. That isn't to say it's not useful, and it could be user error on my part, though I should probably test to see if Roar can now interrupt Bosses. That would make it infinitely useful for sure... Either way, worth testing! :)
    not to mention + encounters = +ap, which would minimize the initial loss.

I think the cost / benefit analysis would be more functional.
    AP gain is King my friend, absolutely love maxing that out with Power... Just how I roll bud, if you have other finds, please share!

johoro wrote: »
    Thanks for update info.
    You're welcome bud, my pleasure... Really! :D
    johoro wrote: »
    Is deep gash lost make you significantly lost damage ?
    I haven't noticed a drop honestly, and I utilize the Lightfoot Thief which gives me a minor Deep Gash effect. I'll also be testing out the Snow Leopard when it becomes available.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The loss of DG in percent is equivalent to the points you put into it from all the parses I've done since Mod3. That's on IVs though where FLS is mostly on the first position of overall damage dealt. Now it would be interesting to see a percentage of the Lightfoot Thief :-) Kolat, we really have to do a run together 8-D

Yet again, thanks for sharing your build, Mr Jenkins :) (I would have picked the LS boon tho ;-D. But yeah - PVP.)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I understand your point... but I have a question: Is there a "cheap" way to get the artifact to lvl 100?

another: how do you get this skeleton?

now i see the note: "11k power is my own power"... haha
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Awesome update. :D

Just wondering which artifact active you prefer between Lantern of Revelation or Sigil of the Weapon Fighter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The loss of DG in percent is equivalent to the points you put into it from all the parses I've done since Mod3. That's on IVs though where FLS is mostly on the first position of overall damage dealt. Now it would be interesting to see a percentage of the Lightfoot Thief :-) Kolat, we really have to do a run together 8-D
    Well Deep Gash is also damage that cannot crit, so the 600 Power I gain from Disciple of War is about 3-4% damage, however it can crit. Lightfoot Thief, at epic, is 5x Level Based Damage which I would equate out to 300 damage before resistances, etc.
    Yet again, thanks for sharing your build, Mr Jenkins :) (I would have picked the LS boon tho ;-D. But yeah - PVP.)
    You're welcome bud, and I'm sure we can eventually run something together... Once school/work calm down for me in the coming weeks!

I understand your point... but I have a question: Is there a "cheap" way to get the artifact to lvl 100?
    Lots and lots of stacks of Peridot's or Rank 5 Enchantments is what I do... lol

another: how do you get this skeleton?
    Halloween Event, or AH.
    now i see the note: "11k power is my own power"... haha
    Yep... 11,521 Power is my standing total right now w/o Avatar of War/Elvish Fury/Rampaging Madness bonuses, etc.

helloz2 wrote: »
    Awesome update. :D
    Thanks bud! *high five* :)
    helloz2 wrote: »
    Just wondering which artifact active you prefer between Lantern of Revelation or Sigil of the Weapon Fighter.
    Well, for PvE, I am using:

Sigil of the Great Weapon Fighter, in my active slot.

Then Lantern of Revelation/Thayan Book of the Dead in my passive slots.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok, I'm stupid and I just "discovered" that I could be much stronger than I am.

but to not have error: if I get a companion as the skeleton and give him the first evolution, the ******* becomes epic and gives me this increased bonus?

edit:nvm. nothing is so easy... haha
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey Kolat, thx for the response, and i realized what i said,which was kind of a dumb question though, i did switch out restoring strike with come and get it when soloing.My other question is....What will you be taking for the couple last boons of IWD??
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    ok, I'm stupid and I just "discovered" that I could be much stronger than I am.

but to not have error: if I get a companion as the skeleton and give him the first evolution, the ******* becomes epic and gives me this increased bonus?

edit:nvm. nothing is so easy... haha
    lol no worries bud, hope all is rocking well! :)

gman118 wrote: »
    Hey Kolat, thx for the response, and i realized what i said,which was kind of a dumb question though, i did switch out restoring strike with come and get it when soloing.My other question is....What will you be taking for the couple last boons of IWD??
    No worries on the question mate, it's all good!

And the last two Boons, I'd need to look at, as yet undecided... But I'll see what's up and try and make a guess on that later! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    horebehorebe Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Hey Jenkins, 2 questions buddy:

1) I see that u use for PVP one complete set of Profound Instigator. It's better to use a entire set to gain the deflection bonus, or it's better to use 2/2 to gain the extra critical?

2) Wich enchament to use now deep gash nerfed?

Ty guys