Install Arc
Options

Dakkon Blackblade - PvE Destroyer Build

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    banaanc wrote: »
    after a bit of testing i feel much more comfortable when im the only fighter in the party, with some mobs able to crit u for close to 20k a bit def and hp is great + its a balanced option for more defensive build when i swap 2 titan pieces and Guts belt(def + life steal) giving 27k hp though this game doesnt really need tanks, would suggest that option to GWF's on budget cause all set costs less than some ancient rings(got mine ~110k ad)
    I honestly don't mind being part of multiple GWFs parties with either Sentinel/Destroyer specs. If Destroyer it's easy for us to alternate moves as I know the animations so well, and as a Sentinel we do different things. Two Sentinels though, that I would disagree with! lol
    as for recovery - decided to revert to standard since im too poor(and lazy) to do tests of power vs recovery (it ends up taking more power slots cause u get 25% not 100% as arp and it ends up being 100% power vs 100% recovery + 25% arp), but its usable to get good gearscore numbers along with def enchants for steely defense, if u ever want to test max GS GWF can get :D
    It's a healthy combination honestly, shouldn't be a huge issue either way. I haven't done the math-fu on it, as I am not a math expert by any means. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    On my Weapon I have a Perfect Terror. induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 20%.

I (just barely!) out DPS'd Mr. Perfect Vorpal PandaPaul in the Straight to Helm CtA

If this build is aimed at topping the charts, why not a pure DD Weapon Enchant, such as Lightning? The defense debuff of your Terror enchant will help PandaPaul as well.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    notbizzynotbizzy Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    If this build is aimed at topping the charts, why not a pure DD Weapon Enchant, such as Lightning? The defense debuff of your Terror enchant will help PandaPaul as well.
    Helped him out with debuff and still topped the charts!

Could you please do some dps test runs with Valiant@valiant4ever and Seisem. Please post a video here, would love to watch it and have a good laugh.
    PvE Perfects CW - NotBizzy
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
    GWF PvP/CW PvE @ http://www.twitch.tv/bizzyplusplus/
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol... No he didn't help me out.... Once the skirmish was complete and I existed back to the enclave.. He ran back and clear some remaining adds to win the dps lol

I will give him credit for thinking on his feet and being sneeky and taking the SS lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    vortix44 wrote: »
    I believe the Terror Enchantment Defense Debuff only applies to my strikes, it doesn't apply like GPF does. At least not to the best of my knowledge currently... And I never said the goal of this build was to 'top the charts', it just has a chance depending on gear of team mates, skill, etc. :)

notbizzy wrote: »
    Helped him out with debuff and still topped the charts!
    Again I don't think Terror works that way...
    notbizzy wrote: »
    Could you please do some dps test runs with Valiant@valiant4ever and Seisem. Please post a video here, would love to watch it and have a good laugh.
    Why do I need to do a test run for DPS with my Rank 7s and Ancient Castle Champion Sword/Offhand? This guide is not, and has never claimed to be, the best DPS build... lol

In fact I said I used the Perfect Terror Enchantment because of it's look (which is so effing sweet!), and for my characters name. :)

I will say I am happy that it is performing better then I thought though, that's not a bad thing!

pandapaul wrote: »
    Lol... No he didn't help me out....
    He is referring to the Enchantment bud... lol
    Once the skirmish was complete and I existed back to the enclave.. He ran back and clear some remaining adds to win the dps lol
    I ran back to pick up Gold, Cruel Enchantments, etc. that had dropped in the final cathedral... The 2 Zombies just happened to be there! :p
    I will give him credit for thinking on his feet and being sneeky and taking the SS lol
    tumblr_liv1hjQzAz1qaliojo1_500.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    3kAFJ.gif

let the battle begin
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Why do I need to do a test run for DPS with my Rank 7s and Ancient Castle Champion Sword/Offhand? This guide is not, and has never claimed to be, the best DPS build... lol

You have one speed. One gear. Stop being shy and just GO.
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One thing I dislike about gwf dps contests is it is often who can abuse animation cancelling best. Anyway the way GWF's work, all the best builds are actually similar and use many of the same powers and feats and destroyers should not differ much from destroyers in dps, maybe 10% difference at most, not enough difference that difference in animation canceling skill can't account for.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    One thing I dislike about gwf dps contests is it is often who can abuse animation cancelling best. Anyway the way GWF's work, all the best builds are actually similar and use many of the same powers and feats and destroyers should not differ much from destroyers in dps, maybe 10% difference at most, not enough difference that difference in animation canceling skill can't account for.

Its actually fun watching 2 TRs competing on meter in CN and after the run them going through min/max discussion. Same for CWs. Doesnt matter if its trash dps, or effective dps on boss, it just makes the theory crafting more interesting.

Just GO.
    PvP GWF - BizzyBedBug
    PvE GF (salvaged)
    PvE TR (salvaged)
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You can always test without animation cancel ;)

Edit:

The real gem here is the Encounter Power rotation... You start with CaGT, then follow with a WMS, then IBS, and finally NSF before going back to WMS until cool downs end. You can do NSF before IBS, but I find the first way better at least thus far.

The buff from CaGT is 3 sec so only 1 or 2 from next WMS attack will get benefit from it - is that your point ?
    If yes why you lose your time to get 30% buff for next 1-2 WMS swing. When in the same time you lose time to cast CaGT which one is time for 1-2 WMS swing. The DPS must be less and not more - or I am in mistake ?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    goldheart wrote: »
    The buff from CaGT is 3 sec so only 1 or 2 from next WMS attack will get benefit from it - is that your point ? If yes why you lose your time to get 30% buff for next 1-2 WMS swing. When in the same time you lose time to cast CaGT which one is time for 1-2 WMS swing. The DPS must be less and not more - or I am in mistake ?
    I try to, and can sometimes, do WMS/IBS/NSF fast enough, not always possible. However I generally do NSF then IBS, as getting them at 30% damage is better then the WMS spam, IMO. Then do WMS from that point onwards or Sure Strike, whichever works best.

It's not flawless, but works for me thus far. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I try to, and can sometimes, do WMS/IBS/NSF fast enough, not always possible. However I generally do NSF then IBS, as getting them at 30% damage is better then the WMS spam, IMO. Then do WMS from that point onwards or Sure Strike, whichever works best.

It's not flawless, but works for me thus far. :)

Can you test do you do more overall dmg with bonus/buff/ DMG from both skills than if you have other encounter. I mean if:
    NSF+buff do 3000+900
    IBS+buff do 5000+1500
    so buff benefit is 2400 if you use Flourish and it do 3000 you will lose permanent this 600. So the buff benefit must be better than the other encounter that you use. Of course NSF do mass dmg so for 5 targets this can be better but for single ?

At all I can't test it because I have only 1 lvl on CaGT.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Once I can get ACT working, I'll be happy to post results, etc. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    goldheart wrote: »
    Can you test do you do more overall dmg with bonus/buff/ DMG from both skills than if you have other encounter. I mean if:
    NSF+buff do 3000+900
    IBS+buff do 5000+1500
    so buff benefit is 2400 if you use Flourish and it do 3000 you will lose permanent this 600. So the buff benefit must be better than the other encounter that you use. Of course NSF do mass dmg so for 5 targets this can be better but for single ?

At all I can't test it because I have only 1 lvl on CaGT.

both not so fast and IBS are aoe so the damage from the Come and get it buff is a lot more than that. plus it lines the adds up right in front of you making a lot easier to hit the target cap
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    both not so fast and IBS are aoe so the damage from the Come and get it buff is a lot more than that. plus it lines the adds up right in front of you making a lot easier to hit the target cap
    PandaPaul has the right of it! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Brief Update:

I was able to unslot one of my Arcane Runestones on my Ioun Stone for a Rank 8 Empowered, and also got a Rank 8 Raidiant for 220 Power one one of my Stone's Items...

Updated, non-buffed, stats are:

NewDStats_zps1898e93c.png

Here are some new images of his current outfit/dye/weapon:

NewD2_zps4b112a53.png

and

NewD1_zps238586aa.png

Currently I am farming Malabog's Castle for the Off-Hand, and I should have the Fomorian Mainhand in a few days once my Weaponsmithing hits level 20... Good thing about running MC over 50 times w/o the Off-Hand dropping is I got all the pieces for the mainhand. Decent consolation prize! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hello Kolatmaster,
    Can I add your guide to mmominds.com?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hello Kolatmaster,
    Can I add your guide to mmominds.com?
    Thank you.
    Sure thing, I'm happy to spread the information! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just putting this right here... :cool:

With the new Shadowmantle Paragon Changes, and the addition of some GFs At-wills, Encounters, Dailies, Passives, I am drooling for the chance to replace Steel Blitz with Trample the Fallen.

Not sure if choosing Iron Vanguard will restrict it's use, but I'm hoping it doesn't cause then... Oh man, so much damage! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    linkingirl86linkingirl86 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello again kolatmaster,
    Thanks for all your work.
    I will add this guide to the website, and if you don't mind your other guide also. :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hello again kolatmaster,
    Thanks for all your work.
    I will add this guide to the website, and if you don't mind your other guide also. :)

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
    Thanks! No problem whatsoever, and I'm happy to be of service...

I bit the bullet, after being convinced by a number of Guild Mates (Thanks PandaPaul! lol), and I am running a muck on the test server currently! So information incoming! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So as stated I have taken the dive onto the test server as the new changes to GWF look like so much fun... And they are. :)

My theorycrafting has it going as:

Instigator / Iron Vanguard

Destroyer / Swordmaster

Sentinel / Iron Vanguard

I started out with Dakkon as he is pretty tricked out, and I wanted to see how much offense I could get going., and switched him to Instigator Iron Vanguard with same stats as in this thread.

The buff to Wicked Strike helps Instigator a bit, and the Passives would be Weapon Master/Trample the Fallen. Still need to fully test how the new capstone works out, as it being down for 3 Seconds each time your hit seems to be a bit too long, but we'll see. It is a 'Direct Hit', which I hope means AoE's don't necessarily count, but not sure as yet... With that and Trample the Fallen that's an additional 27% Damage you get if your target is Controlled in anyway, plus the bonuses to crit you get from the Instigator Spec and how Not So Fast grants auto combat advantage for 3 Seconds... I'd took:

Instigator Tree: Student of the Sword, Vicious Advantage, Allied Opportunity, and Group Assault; Plus Capstone.
    Destroyer Tree: Deep Gash and Great Weapon Focus.

Powers would be:

Passives: Weapon Master, Trample the Fallen

At-Wills: Wicked Strike, Threatening Rush (IV)

Encounters: Come and Get It, Not So Fast, Frontline Surge

Dailies: Slam, Indomitable Strength

Basically... I'd go like this...

Threatening Rush to close distance to adds. Come and Get It, then Not So Fast or Frontline Surge (followed by the other) then Wicked Strike until Encounters are back up and/or use a Daily as necessary.

I'd say this would be better on groups of adds, and I'd say solo damage my suffer a tad on bosses (maybe) as they can't really be controlled/knocked down. You would mow down adds this way though... Like just absolutely be a terror upon them.

So this is the information/theory I went in with, and after running around in the Dread Rift and Sharandar it's been working out pretty well. A few friends and I, plus some Randoms, did an Aberrant Assault Skirmish to warm up and the AoE DPS was definitely above what I had before, fully noticeably different.

Then did an Epic Pirate King before the end of the night with some Guildies, my Instigator IV, Destro SM, DC/TR/CW (all running new path's)... We absolutely melted face, each boss fell within moments, and I'm still not even close to having the rotation down. What I do believe I will be testing is sliding in Indomitable Battle Strike to replace Come and Get It. With the Artifact: Lantern of Revelation and it's damage buff, taking time to cast Come and Get It waste's a bit too much DPS in my opinion. It's something I am going to test out, and I'll report in later on!

Hope you all enjoyed this random read... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The above information was for an Instigator spec, and now I'd like to thrown down what I am running for my Destro spec on Dakkon on the Test Server...

InstigatorTree: Student of the Sword
    Destroyer Tree: Deep Gash, Great Weapon Focus, Staying Power, Executioner's Style, Focused Destroyer, and Destroyer's Purpose (Capstone)

Powers would be:

Passives: Destroyer, Weapon Master

At-Wills: Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike

Encounters: Come and Get It, Not So Fast, Indomitable Battle Strike

Dailies: Slam, Crescendo

Current Encounter rotation is simple... Come and Get It, then Not So Fast, and then Indomitable Battle Strike. The I follow up with 3x WMS, then a Reaping Strike. Testing that out to see if getting the 3x WMS debuff on adds then a massive Reaping Strike works well. When Reaping crits it's really nice, and the bleed effect from Deep Gash can be massive.

I also try to use the Artifact: Lantern of Revelation just before Come and Get It, to stake massive damage bonuses. Seems to be working well, as the Instigator capstone is a bit meh overall thus far, IMO.

Thoughts?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rki3rki3 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The above information was for an Instigator spec, and now I'd like to thrown down what I am running for my Destro spec on Dakkon on the Test Server...

InstigatorTree: Student of the Sword
    Destroyer Tree: Deep Gash, Great Weapon Focus, Staying Power, Executioner's Style, Focused Destroyer, and Destroyer's Purpose (Capstone)

Powers would be:

Passives: Destroyer, Weapon Master

At-Wills: Reaping Strike, Weapon Master Strike

Encounters: Come and Get It, Not So Fast, Indomitable Battle Strike

Dailies: Slam, Crescendo

Current Encounter rotation is simple... Come and Get It, then Not So Fast, and then Indomitable Battle Strike. The I follow up with 3x WMS, then a Reaping Strike. Testing that out to see if getting the 3x WMS debuff on adds then a massive Reaping Strike works well. When Reaping crits it's really nice, and the bleed effect from Deep Gash can be massive.

I also try to use the Artifact: Lantern of Revelation just before Come and Get It, to stake massive damage bonuses. Seems to be working well, as the Instigator capstone is a bit meh overall thus far, IMO.

Thoughts?

the gwf sigil has a better bonus
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    rki3 wrote: »
    the gwf sigil has a better bonus
    Haven't been able to get that yet... (Just been running around the Dread Ring and Sharandar!)

If you'd care to enlighten me where it is, that would be stellar! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    rki3rki3 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Haven't been able to get that yet... (Just been running around the Dread Ring and Sharandar!)

If you'd care to enlighten me where it is, that would be stellar! ;)

you can get it from Lord Novemberseptmember (whatever his name is)
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    422Zy16.png

Sigil of GreatWeapon
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Got it! Thanks my friends! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reaping strike ? tried it on sent spec and it seemed sh**t. i hate that skill so much that id rather *** myself in the *** with a cactus :D

from little tests ive done i still like swordmaster better. the loss in single target dps seems just too **** high without sure strike, and since everything without at least 5 health bars is blown up by cw in an instant anyway the loss in overall dmg seems too big

• Options
    edited November 2013
    reaping strike ? tried it on sent spec and it seemed sh**t. i hate that skill so much that id rather *** myself in the *** with a cactus :D
    Well I'm specifically doing it with the Instigator/Destroyer specs. For the Sentinel on LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) I'm utilizing Wicked Strike currently. :)
    from little tests ive done i still like swordmaster better. the loss in single target dps seems just too **** high without sure strike, and since everything without at least 5 health bars is blown up by cw in an instant anyway the loss in overall dmg seems too big
    I'm not sure the GWF role in a dungeon will need to be solo-DPS spec'd post Module 2, if the current changes remain in effect. I am enjoying the Battlefield control aspects that IV is bringing to the Instigator spec. Of course the Destroyer, as a Swordmaster, is the way to go for that spec, thus far in my opinion. However I feel the AoE DPS with IV Instigator you get will be more valuable to the party over all, depending on the party comp.

I really believe we'll be able to legitimately compete with CWs in AoE DPS post patch. :)
    va8Ru.gif