test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dakkon Blackblade - PvE Destroyer Build

kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Greetings everyone, I hope your day is rocking well thus far!

Thread Updated with Module 3 "Icewind Dale" changes at the top of page 20. Follow this link HERE!

LEEROY JENKINS(!!!), my main character, is basically exactly where I want him to be minus Rank 9/10 Enchantments. So I dusted off my other level 60 GWF and here you go...

I've decided to share my current Destoryer build of my GWF - Dakkon Blackblade, along with my general opinion of the class and how it plays. Now this build is simply how I do things, it fits my play style, and I greatly enjoy it. That doesn't mean it's perfect, nor necessarily right, for you, but it is hella fun!

"My power is as vast as the plains; my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins."—Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs

DakkonBlackblade_zpsfe575af0.png

This guide will start off with his stats, then gear, and then powers/feats.

Stats:

I started with: 16 Str/12 Con/16 Dex/10 Int/10 Wis/10 Cha

Put the +2 Strength and +2 Dex from the Half-Orc Race, and my final stats look like this...

DakkonScores_zps8a9ae243.png

He was made a while ago, and if redoing it probably would have liked higher Con, but demz the breaks... lol

Now moving on to some offense/defense stats, the following are my current stats.

Gear Score Stats:

DakkonGSandStats_zps8a90c5d9.png
DakkonDefense_zps47e0eeb6.png

Here we see I am lower on power then most upper tier GWFs, but I've focused on a bit more survivability with Lifesteal and Regen. It comes to 9% Lifesteal and 4.5% Regen, which isn't too shabby and keeps me alive during the 12 Sec cool down on Pots/Health Stone. My theory is that when I die that is 5-15 seconds of lost DPS from me, and that doesn't count who rez's me either. So I'd rather stay alive a bit longer, particularly the 12 seconds cool down timeframe, and be able to manuever as necessary but also to regain HPs as fast as possible. Basically the longer I am in the fight, the more useful I am to the party as a whole. This is a team game, so I figured I should maximize that as much as possible while still being able to hit hard.
va8Ru.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    This post will have more on the gear I use...

DakkonItems_zps1bdf28da.png

Here you see my gear set up. I'm currently using the Ancient Castle Champion weapon/offhand, and I am currently farming Malabog for the offhand and parts for my mainhand. Aside from that all my offensive slots are Radiant, and the defensive slots are Dark, with the Utility being Dark for movement.

I am using the Avatar of War 4x set as in my testing it has been the best for Destroyer spec and

On my Armor slot I am using a Normal Soulforged Enchantment, and I am happy with it. Saves my bacon, and would eventually like to upgrade to a Perfect.

On my Weapon I have a Perfect Terror. It was originally chosen as a goal for the fact it's a uber bad *** looking enchantment and it matches my characters name perfectly... However in testing it has been surprisingly effective for damage production. I've become quite fond of it. What it does is this, you deal an additional 12% of weapon damage as Necrotic damage with every swing and induce terror in your foe, reducing their Defense by 20%.

So if you're already over ArmPen of the mob, which I am except for bosses (which I need campfire for), so the 20% damage reduction get's converted into extra damage. It's been pretty dang nice honestly, as can be seen in the following graphic where I (just barely!) out DPS'd Mr. Perfect Vorpal PandaPaul in the Straight to Helm CtA Skirmish Event, the enchantment can hold it's own!

DakkonBeatsPanda_zpsd6ffa9b4.png

This is my companion...

DakkonCompanion_zps096067db.png

My companion here is a 30th level Ioun Stone of Allure. The Seal of the Executioner is where I get my Regen stat, and its fitted with a Dark for ArmPen and the other Offense slots are Radiant. I might consider taking our one of the Arcane Rank 8s for a Empowered, depending on how the testing goes. Aside from that I am happy with the Companion as is, only changes would be upgrading enchantment ranks/items as I can.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This post will be about my Feats and Powers.

To begin I'll start with my Feats, though I don't believe their is anything particularly different about them comparatively to other Destroyer GWFs out there.

Feats:

DakkonFeats1_zps2260b95f.png

So ya, fairly typical honestly, nothing earth shattering there.

My power rotation is a bit atypical, and PandaPaul has helped a great deal with theorycrafting (so thank you bud!), and the following rotation was inspired by him.

At Will:

Sure Strike
    Weapon Masters Strike

Passive:

Destroyer
    Steel Blitz

Daily:

Crescendo
    Slam

Encounter:

Come and Get It
    Not So Fast
    Indomitable Battle Strike

The real gem here is the Encounter Power rotation... You start with CaGT, then follow with a WMS, then IBS, and finally NSF before going back to WMS until cool downs end. You can do NSF before IBS, but I find the first way better at least thus far.

The timing is important, and keeping things together can take time to learn, but I've had a ball with this guy thus far.

So feel free to ask any questions you have, and I'll be happy to answer them... Keep rocking! :D
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The GWF weapon skin from the Pit Fight CtA event: Barbarian Maul

DakkonHammer1_zpsd25ae7c5.png

DakkonHammer2_zps68c39656.png

With the Perfect Terror Enchantment of course! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Also reserved, cause ya never know! :p
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    <- wants to run a dungeon with u to compare dmg :D

isnt spinning better for pure dps and Come and Get It is it good ? im running resto strike instead cause i have 462 lifesteal atm, 3.8% is enough for running dailies with stone and without need for pots

and soulforged, either i got bad one or they never proc when u need them :D im thinking to replace mine with negation, cause soulforged doesnt help when ur getting hit for 10~20k, ive even gotten instakilled by adds with their 3k dmg through soulforged + it would look better on my char :D or maybe barkshield though we get hit too often for it

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Another great guide kola. I also love the title, idk what lore/universe Dakkon Blackblade really comes from; but my first magic starter deck I bought 15-16 years ago, it was my rare! lololol. power/toughness equal to number of lands in play heheh

ps it was 4th edition, not legends dakkon; though either way neither was worth much.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Some responses, and just a quick clarification... I'm not saying Terror is an OP enchantment, just saying I've been pleased by it's performance thus far! :cool:

banaanc wrote: »
    <- wants to run a dungeon with u to compare dmg
    My first duty is to my Guild to run with people there, but I'm sure sometime when the Server merger dies down we can run together and have fun. ;)
    isnt spinning better for pure dps and Come and Get It is it good ? im running resto strike instead cause i have 462 lifesteal atm, 3.8% is enough for running dailies with stone and without need for pots
    Spinning Strike is ok I suppose, something to look into... I just like the Stun/Knockdown of Crescendo, and when I tried Spinning on LEEROY it didn't do as much damage as Crescendo. Slam is still my fave use in melee groups, and Crescendo when there is one big baddie left.

Come And Get It has been good so far, I like the AoE pull. Keeping the adds near me is pretty important honestly, particularly when other people knock them away without realizing I do my best when the adds are all nice together. It's a playstyle choice as much as an optimization honestly.
    and soulforged, either i got bad one or they never proc when u need them im thinking to replace mine with negation, cause soulforged doesnt help when ur getting hit for 10~20k, ive even gotten instakilled by adds with their 3k dmg through soulforged + it would look better on my char or maybe barkshield though we get hit too often for it
    Oh Soulforged is bugged a little, but it does look uber cool! lol Looking into a few other Enchantment options to see what's good with them also. We'll see how the testing goes! :)

Another great guide kola.
    Thanks! :D
    I also love the title, idk what lore/universe Dakkon Blackblade really comes from; but my first magic starter deck I bought 15-16 years ago, it was my rare! lololol. power/toughness equal to number of lands in play heheh

ps it was 4th edition, not legends dakkon; though either way neither was worth much.
    That is exactly where I got the name from mi amigo. He was one of my first Rares, and a great quote, along with sublime artwork from one of my favorite artists Richard Kane-Ferguson!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Oh that's dirty!!! Very very dirty!!!
    Just some clarification of the screenshot a certain GWF ran back to find a group of mobs to solo to top the dps .. Cheeky!!'

But in saying that I recently joined Jolly Roger guild with dakkon, leeroy and another GWF called Osiris and is working well because we all bounce ideas off each other and seems although we are all improving.. Dakkons dps does seam quite good for the GS he is running however.. So I would have a close look at this guide.
    Sorry I had to bounce after that pvp dakkon.. Went for half hour and was late for work.. I will be active on Friday again if your keen to run a dungeon and check dps ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    PandaPaul, I told you I was gonna do it! :D
    pandapaul wrote: »
    Oh that's dirty!!! Very very dirty!!!
    tumblr_mc05ymNREn1qcly6r.gif

Just some clarification of the screenshot a certain GWF ran back to find a group of mobs to solo to top the dps .. Cheeky!!'
    It was two Zombies! :P

And I went back to collect loot, and it's not MY fault you didn't kill them first! lol

But in saying that I recently joined Jolly Roger guild with dakkon, leeroy and another GWF called Osiris and is working well because we all bounce ideas off each other and seems although we are all improving.. Dakkons dps does seam quite good for the GS he is running however.. So I would have a close look at this guide.
    Having you in the Guild has been a pleasure bud, for sure! Definitely great theorycrafting going on, along with the friendly fun/competition like above. Makes us all better!
    Sorry I had to bounce after that pvp dakkon.. Went for half hour and was late for work.. I will be active on Friday again if your keen to run a dungeon and check dps
    No worries, figured you were busy bud, it's all good. Friday/Saturday are bad for me, have a work function. Though we can definitely test soon! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    jack69assjack69ass Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So fast u got to another high end GWF dude.. my half orc gwf has pretty much similar build to urs.. I just hv 1 question, do u really find unstoppable action heroic feat really worth it? i mean compared toughness and armor specialization.. since u're using CaGi in ur encounter, wouldnt a bit more def and HP helps ?
    most importantly,perfect terror really has a BAD *** look!! im just running with a normal terror atm tho..
  • Options
    manny1308manny1308 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have a question:
    What do you think about recovery. You have 2263+1350 from the set Bonus => so total 3613.
    I read that it will be perfect to have 3k recovery. So maybe you can remove some and give same more points into power?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I also have the Avatar set and with the set bonus i have about 4000 recovery. In fight normaly you do not lose this buff.
    I just have done a german guide but you can look at my stats and equipment. (http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php/59662-Manny%C2%B4s-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Zerst%C3%B6rer-Guide)
    Maybe you have a tip for me :)

Sorry of my bad english :)
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    what gains allure lvl 30?
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Awesome as always Kolat! Btw what sword it that? looks pretty cool =)
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    From lv25 to lv30:

Power +32 points
    crit +32 points
    recovery +32 points

... so 96 Points more for 750.000 -> it is better to spend the money in other things
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

best in slot :) => Fomorer blade from weaponsmith (LV20) ... but the offhand is still missing (Maloborg)
  • Options
    hidahayabusahidahayabusa Member Posts: 634 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    manny1308 wrote: »
    ... so 96 Points more for 750.000 -> it is better to spend the money in other things

!!!!!

750k for a stone that gives 96 points over different skills :mad:

Back to topic: Great read, Kolat Master.

(Kisada is proud again)
    * Notorious Dwarven Bear Cavalry Leader *
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Nice build. This is very similar to my build and I agree with your setup almost completely.

I am not sold on disciple of war, however. It seems your recovery is a little high and your armor pen is a little low.

I have those 5 points in battle awareness just for the buff to slam. I have also been experimenting with savage advance in PVP because you can be killed while channeling crescendo. Nobody expects savage advance, and with the cooldown reduction from battle awareness it is actually pretty beast.

Just adding my 2 cents :)
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Time for some responses! :cool:

jack69ass wrote: »
    So fast u got to another high end GWF dude.. my half orc gwf has pretty much similar build to urs.. I just hv 1 question, do u really find unstoppable action heroic feat really worth it? i mean compared toughness and armor specialization.. since u're using CaGi in ur encounter, wouldnt a bit more def and HP helps ?
    most importantly,perfect terror really has a BAD *** look!! im just running with a normal terror atm tho..
    I've liked Unstoppable Action thus far, 25% more AP generation seems like a good idea to me! That's just my own preference honestly, but I can see the different between them particularly since Destroyer specs have Unstoppable up more so then any other spec due to the capstone.

The Lifesteal/Regen supliments the CaGi pretty **** well thus far, still working out the details. If my opinion changes I'll post here for sure! Terror does look effing sweet right? I love it!

I have a question:
    What do you think about recovery. You have 2263+1350 from the set Bonus => so total 3613.
    I read that it will be perfect to have 3k recovery. So maybe you can remove some and give same more points into power?
    The soft cap for Recovery is 3k-3500, and I could drop some off my Ioun Stone via the Arcane Runetone for the Empowered Runestone and it's something I'm considering once I am able to acquire more Rank 8 Enchantments!
    I also have the Avatar set and with the set bonus i have about 4000 recovery. In fight normaly you do not lose this buff.
    I just have done a german guide but you can look at my stats and equipment. (http://nw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php/59662-Manny%C2%B4s-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Zerst%C3%B6rer-Guide)
    Maybe you have a tip for me, Sorry of my bad english!
    Yea the AoW set, now with the extended set bonus, is super sweet for sure!

I took a look, and I see you went with the HPs/ArmSpec Feats, and you are a Human correct? I am testing out the Unstoppable Action route as the ability to use Daily's more often seems better then having extra HPs/Con buff, but that's just me. My build is slightly tweaked and I (hopefully) make up the 1.5k (or so) HP difference w/my Regen/Lifesteal. Thereby staying alive a bit longer during our 'Healing Nadir' of the 12 Second cool down on Potions/Health Stones.

No worries on the English man, your English is better then my German by a mile! lol :D

zacazu wrote: »
    what gains allure lvl 30?
    Upgrading it via the Companion Upgrade option.

Thanks bud! I think it's the +6 Sentinel Greatsword of Protection? I'm going off memory here and will try and confirm that later today!

From lv25 to lv30:

Power +32 points
    crit +32 points
    recovery +32 points

My AD, my choice to spend it as I see fit! It's still some extra points, I'm not complaining and I'd do it again... lol
    best in slot => Fomorer blade from weaponsmith (LV20) ... but the offhand is still missing (Maloborg)
    Still working on getting the Offhand and also farming MC for the parts. It'll take a while, but also gets me the seals for the Elf Armor Set, cause I like having all the sets available!

!!!!! 750k for a stone that gives 96 points over different skills Back to topic: Great read, Kolat Master.

(Kisada is proud again)
    It's not perfect, the 750k for 96 points, but no worries... Something I wanted to do!

Pleasing Kisada is something I never to NOT do! ;)

jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Nice build. This is very similar to my build and I agree with your setup almost completely.
    Cool, thanks man!
    I am not sold on disciple of war, however. It seems your recovery is a little high and your armor pen is a little low.
    My Armor Pen is 15.5%, which with my plus 8 in Con equals 23.5% w/o Campfire buff... That exceeds all baddies armor rating aside from bosses who sit at 24%, so I think Disciple of War is doing just fine! :)
    I have those 5 points in battle awareness just for the buff to slam. I have also been experimenting with savage advance in PVP because you can be killed while channeling crescendo. Nobody expects savage advance, and with the cooldown reduction from battle awareness it is actually pretty beast.
    I slot Savage Advance on occasion also, PvP is probably it's best use overall honestly. As I still like Slam for lots of adds (the slow effect, and DR, is really good for the team), and Crescendo is still more damage for a solo baddie.
    Just adding my 2 cents
    2 Cents, and more, is welcome bud!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by manny1308 View Post
    From lv25 to lv30:

Power +32 points
    crit +32 points
    recovery +32 points

My AD, my choice to spend it as I see fit! It's still some extra points, I'm not complaining and I'd do it again... lol

That was a misunderstanding: i have done it to (i have also a lv30 stone), but it is quite expensive!

gl
    Manny
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    That was a misunderstanding: i have done it to (i have also a lv30 stone), but it is quite expensive!
    gl
    Manny
    It is expensive, that's for sure... I had the AD to spend, so I figured why the heck not? lol :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Do you have any other characters besides GWF? If not then I think you should make a new one that is instigator so you can be the GWF expert with a guide on every build =P
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Do you have any other characters besides GWF? If not then I think you should make a new one that is instigator so you can be the GWF expert with a guide on every build =P
    I'm honestly considering it... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by manny1308 View Post
    From lv25 to lv30:

Power +32 points
    crit +32 points
    recovery +32 points

gl
    Manny

upgrade from minor to ancient ring doesnt give much stats either, but the price .... or difference between rank7 and rank8

and doesnt it give 4% extra stats ?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    upgrade from minor to ancient ring doesnt give much stats either, but the price .... or difference between rank7 and rank8

and doesnt it give 4% extra stats ?
    I think you're correct, and I did it... Still worth it as I had the money to burn! lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nice guide! you can also lose 1% more ArmPen and use Potion of Heroism :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    Nice guide! you can also lose 1% more ArmPen and use Potion of Heroism :)
    The Potion of Heroism, while amazing, will not 'always be up' in Dungeons/Skirmishes. I'll be happy to use it for bosses and such! However I'd rather have the 23% ArmPen for adds, etc. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    decided to go with Hrimnir set for a bit of extra hp and def stats since im not using all crit thats forced on dps rings/neck(avatar + weapon set gives more than enough anyway) and epic belts are good for tanks and salvage(def slot), so far i like them, 24k hp with toughness and no campfire, also gives more total stats than Ancient accessories

starting to think about replacing my arp runes with recovery ones, they are cheaper and u get 25% arp from recovery, how good recovery is on GWF ?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    decided to go with Hrimnir set for a bit of extra hp and def stats since im not using all crit thats forced on dps rings/neck(avatar + weapon set gives more than enough anyway) and epic belts are good for tanks and salvage(def slot), so far i like them, 24k hp with toughness and no campfire, also gives more total stats than Ancient accessories
    Fair enough, and hope its working out well for you mi amigo!
    starting to think about replacing my arp runes with recovery ones, they are cheaper and u get 25% arp from recovery, how good recovery is on GWF ?
    If you can math-fu it out that you still hit the 22-24% goal, sure thing go for it. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    after a bit of testing i feel much more comfortable when im the only fighter in the party, with some mobs able to crit u for close to 20k a bit def and hp is great + its a balanced option for more defensive build when i swap 2 titan pieces and Guts belt(def + life steal) giving 27k hp though this game doesnt really need tanks, would suggest that option to GWF's on budget cause all set costs less than some ancient rings(got mine ~110k ad)

as for recovery - decided to revert to standard since im too poor(and lazy) to do tests of power vs recovery (it ends up taking more power slots cause u get 25% not 100% as arp and it ends up being 100% power vs 100% recovery + 25% arp), but its usable to get good gearscore numbers along with def enchants for steely defense, if u ever want to test max GS GWF can get :D