What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dakkon Blackblade - PvE Destroyer Build

Comments

• Options
    chantola21chantola21 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i LOVE this build. suits me very well and I was wondering though, what boons do you have?
  • Options
    steamroler12steamroler12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    "So if you're already over ArmPen of the mob, which I am except for bosses (which I need campfire for), so the 20% damage reduction get's converted into extra damage."

This actually isnt true, Any kind of Defense Reduction does not go below the cap after your 24%. Test it. Perfect Vorpal is the BEST weapon Enchantment in any scenario for whatever build for a GWF, it is definitely the most DPS.

Also I would go for Power > Armor Pen for Offense Slots, as Student of the sword, and a Rough ARP of 1300-1500 is more then enough, Would benefit from Power more then ARP after 1400.

I dont understand why the Defensive Rings? Seems unnecessary if you ask me, IF you wanna be tanky you can go Sentinel like the original Leeroy Build, If this one is for straigtht DMG, then I would Recommend Smiting Valiant pieces (Power/Defense) Defense = Power.

Empowered RUnestones on your Companion Offense Slots
    and a Smiting Valiant Ring instead of Regen

But all and all it looks like its on the right path.

With this you should be sitting on at least 7k Power with 1.5k Arp
  • Options
    copycat818copycat818 Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    excuse me steamroler, why do i cant find your guide at The barrack anymore ? have you deleted it ? if yes than do you have another link to your guide , ty
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    chantola21 wrote: »
    i LOVE this build. suits me very well and I was wondering though, what boons do you have?
    I'll be posting an update to this thread coming early next week, and I'll explain all that I have then! :)

"So if you're already over ArmPen of the mob, which I am except for bosses (which I need campfire for), so the 20% damage reduction get's converted into extra damage."

This actually isnt true, Any kind of Defense Reduction does not go below the cap after your 24%. Test it. Perfect Vorpal is the BEST weapon Enchantment in any scenario for whatever build for a GWF, it is definitely the most DPS.
    I've always been under the impression from my research, other GWFs post, etc. That once you exceed a target (PvE baddie) Defense, eg. 24% and below for all PvE mobs, any defense reduction such as: Student of the Sword, Greater Plaguefire, Terror, etc. Converts to a % increase in damage. I'm not saying it's an equal ratio, not at all... lol But it does add to damage.

And yes P.Vorpal is the best, hands down... I was simply saying Terror isn't bad either. :)
    Also I would go for Power > Armor Pen for Offense Slots, as Student of the sword, and a Rough ARP of 1300-1500 is more then enough, Would benefit from Power more then ARP after 1400.
    Currently working the build post Mod-2, and an update is coming shortly!
    I dont understand why the Defensive Rings? Seems unnecessary if you ask me, IF you wanna be tanky you can go Sentinel like the original Leeroy Build, If this one is for straigtht DMG, then I would Recommend Smiting Valiant pieces (Power/Defense) Defense = Power.
    The defensive ring slots were used for Lifesteal, pre-Artifacts I was using him as a hybrid of sorts and the Lifesteal kept him alive in PvE. Though as stated, Mod 2 changed quite a bit...
    Empowered RUnestones on your Companion Offense Slots
    and a Smiting Valiant Ring instead of Regen
    Definitely already taken into account for post-Mod 2, but I will happily state you are correct!
    But all and all it looks like its on the right path.

With this you should be sitting on at least 7k Power with 1.5k Arp
    Oh, a tad higher then 7k power, that's for sure! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nice guide :D, i like the way you write things
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    erikiki1 wrote: »
    nice guide :D, i like the way you write things
    Thanks mi amigo, I aim to entertain! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh, a tad higher then 7k power, that's for sure! ;)

7k power is rank6~7 with 18.5% arp from stat(dont remember the number) if u have AoV, weapon set and blue power belt.

with rank10's u can get 1k++ more power + 300 from companion(one of white ones) + valindras shard so 9k+ power should be realistic without sacrificing anything useful
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Place Holder.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Place Holder. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Greetings all!

So after getting LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) my Sentinel GWF to the point where I felt I had the build exactly where I wanted it, I moved on back to Dakkon Blackblade to see what I could do with a Destroyer GWF… I would also like to state that there is nothing I consider revolutionary about this build. There are many quality Mod 2 Destro guides out there, so kudos to everyone who has posted them!

ArmorImage_zpsb2b3e01a.png

I decided to go Iron Vanguard Paragon Path for Dakkon, as I really like Threatening Rush and Frontline Surge. I will freely admit I honestly don’t know if this does more damage than Swordmaster, and I have not compared the two directly. I just love the IV path and what it brings to the table.

FashionPic_zps220ca0ea.png

When looking over my build and see what stats were available via the Mod 2 Artifacts I saw that my end game base stats are:

Stats1_zpsb0e1942c.png

24 Str
    14 Con
    24 Dex
    12 Int
    12 Wis
    12 Cha

Knowing this I saw that my Con would be at 15 when I have a Campfire bonus. Thus I would have 5% Arm Pen from that on a boss, and generically 4% when unbuffed, thus I wanted to get my ArmPen to 19% w/o Campfire modifier as that would get me to 24% for Bosses and 23% versus everything else. So then I began to Math-fu it all out as I also wanted to attain 9k power at the same time. Why you ask? I dunno, it just seemed like a good goal, one that I could probably reach and just something to do!

Basically I “calculated”, eg. Guesstimated, I would need to max out all my artifacts and have at least Rank 8 Radiant Enchantments in as many offensive slots as possible. I also made the decision to forgo the Ioun Stone of Allure and go for the Ioun Stone of Might as the extra offensive slot for an Empowered Runestone was too good to pass up in my quest for 9k power and 24% ArmPen.

So began my quest of refining artifacts, collecting runestones/enchantments and leveling up a slew of new companions! So many hours spent in Sharandar I believe Dakkon should granted the Favored Enemy Feat against Fey creatures by the Devs… Just saying! lol :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Now that I am ‘done’ rambling about why I decided to do this lets get to the meat of the build: Feats.

Feats_zpscaeeaed2.png

Heroic Tier:

5/5: Unstoppable Action
    3/3: Disciple of Strength
    3/3: Endless Assault
    5/5: Steely Defense
    3/3: Devastating Critical
    1/3: Weapon Mastery

Paragon Tier:

Instigator Tree:

5/5: Student of the Sword
    5/5: Vicious Advantage

Destroyer Tree:

5/5: Great Weapon Focus
    5/5: Deep Gash
    5/5: Disciple of War
    5/5: Focused Destroyer
    1/1: Destroyer’s Purpose

Sentinel Tree:

None.

As you can see above I took absolutely nothing to increase my survivability. Dakkon sits at super low HP, like 21.6k unbuffed by Campfire (I believe) and he focuses solely on killing things dead.

Since Destroyer’s Purpose increases the rate/time I can have Unstoppable up I went with Unstoppable Action to generate even more Action Points to maximize the use of Slam and Indomitable Strength in PvE. The rest of the feats, both Heroic and Paragon, are to maximize DPS. That includes Disciple of War as that was instrumental in getting my ArmPen to the 19% I needed/wanted for PvE, even with my Recovery sitting just over 1500 w/o Campfire/Potions it adds just over 375 ArmPen to my stats.

Below you can see screenshots of my Power selections, and below that you will find explanation of my power rotation for PvE…

Powers1_zpsd43f2c7a.png
    Powers2_zps73641e85.png

Power Rotation for PvE:

Passives:

3/3: Destroyer
    3/3: Weapon Master

At-Wills:

3/3: Threatening Rush
    3/3: Wicked Strike

Encounters:

3/3: Not So Fast
    3/3: Indomitable Battle Strike
    3/3: Frontline Surge

Dailies:

3/3: Indomitable Strength
    3/3: Slam

The above listings of Powers are, to me, pretty self-explanatory. Maximize DPS with Frontline Surge/Indomitable Battle Strike and Not So Fast as a super quick animation to hit multiple enemies. I suppose where it could be seen as a tad different, particularly with an IV spec, is that I don’t use Trample the Fallen. Instead I have Weapon Master in its stead as I have found the extra Crit % being basically always available to me (with my Crit Severity of 150%) has been more consistent then the Trample the Fallen damage increase.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Artifacts:

I am currently running with:

Legendary – Level 100:

Bloodcrystal Raven Skull
    +300 Regeneration/+300 Recovery/+400 Stamina Gain

Lantern of Revelation
    +300 Critical Strike/+300 Armor Penetration/+400 Combat Advantage Bonus

Epic – Level 99:

Waters of Elah’zad
    +300 Recover/+300 Defense/+400 Regeneration

The artifact selection is key to keeping my ArmPen at the right amount as the 300 ArmPen and the 600 Recovery gives me a total of 450 ArmPen when taking Disciple of War into account.
    Equipment:

I run Avatar of War armor w/Fomorian Greatsword and Swordknot. My Necklace/Rings all have 154 ArmPen (including on my Ioun Stone of Might), and my waist slot have 243 Power/133 Defense each (one on me and one on my Stone). The way the ArmPen total worked out between my Stone/Artifacts/Equipment is that I am at exactly 19% ArmPen w/o Campfire bonus. Obviously with bonus I get the additional 5% I need to be at 24% for Bosses and I am always at 23% for PvE w/my Ioun Stone.

Companions:

Companions_zps40e40239.png

My companion selection revolved around my desire to get to 9k Power w/the appropriate amount of ArmPen for PvE, while also committing to max DPS possible. So, w/o further delay…

Ioun Stone of Might – Epic Rank 30:
    5% Stamina Gain

Sellsword – Epic:
    +300 Power

Skeleton – Epic:
    +165 Lifesteal/+165 Power

Dancing Blade – Epic:
    +5% Crit Severity

Fire Archon/Galeb Dhur/”X” – Epic:
    +5% Damage versus opponents under 30% Health/1-10% Bonus Damage depending on how much HP I have currently lost/X

The Ioun Stone of Might is to max Power and offer the most offensive stats available to me, and the same idea for Sellsword/Skeleton/Dancing Blade. The X spot is basically as you will… When running through a dungeon I tend to keep the Galeb Dhur out as I take damage a lot, and on bosses I switch to Fire Archon when I am DPSing the big bad guy. Sometimes I switch it up, really depends on the party and what we need at the time, etc.

Boons:

Sharandar_zps0ee7afcc.png
    DreadRing_zpsc9bb8a37.png

Only non-Offensive Boon I took was the 700 HP, and honestly that could easily change to the 2% AP gain one. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    PvP:

Destroyers play differently then Sentinels as you can, and will, die in 1v1 fights. You also die a helluva lot faster to focus fire from more then one opponent… Why is Destroyer spec still fun? Well Iron Vanguard, which brings Threatening Rush and Frontline Surge, helps a great deal along with the fact that you kill others much faster.

Other things of note:

GeneralStats_zps81fd4452.png
    OffensiveStats_zps7679c96e.png
    DefensiveStats_zpsbb8d905b.png

What’s the best Defense? A good offense!

Aside from that I am having fun playing this spec and will continue to refine it, and I would love to hear suggestions/critiques/comments, so fire away my friends! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    is Rampaging madness that good ? i really like endless consumption, but im often only melee in group so i need the life steal

i hope they fix rush soon. that single target dmg is just wrong
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    is Rampaging madness that good ? i really like endless consumption, but im often only melee in group so i need the life steal
    It's an extra 600 power that is basically up 2/3rds of the time... Seems good to me! ;)

Though I do like the thought of Endless Consumption, the ability to have an additional 600 Power (the equivalent of 2 free Rank 10 Radiant Enchantments) a significant portion of the time just seems better to me over all.
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    2/3 of the time ? u need 50 sec to charge it up(1 stack/second) then u get buff for 10 seconds so it should be up 1/6 of the time giving you 100 power and 50 regeneration/life steal overall, or its just bugged and builds stacks faster than it should

consumption procs a lot and increases life steal by a few k worth of points and u can easily heal for 10k+ with encounters

with 11% life steal i dont see any difference if im running with cleric or without on any dungeon while i can attack(ofc astral helps not getting oneshot, but thats what soulforged is for)
    Rampaging Madness: When you deal damage you gain a stack of "Madness". When you reach 50 stacks of "Madness" you gain 600 Power, 300 Life Steal, and 300 Regeneration. 10 seconds after gaining this bonus your stacks are reset. You may only gain one stack of "Madness" per second.
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    2/3 of the time ? u need 50 sec to charge it up(1 stack/second) then u get buff for 10 seconds so it should be up 1/6 of the time giving you 100 power and 50 regeneration/life steal overall, or its just bugged and builds stacks faster than it should
    I am sure you're aware that what a Tool Tip says is not always what a Tool Tip does, right? Test it out yourself and see how often it is up... *whistles innocently* ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    so another bug zzz.... at least they didnt become pilots
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    eorl71eorl71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hi, and what do you think about the blacksmith?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    eorl71 wrote: »
    Hi, and what do you think about the blacksmith?
    The Blacksmith is definitely a candidate for the X companion slot IMO. I feel it really depends on the Dungeon/Situation/Preference.

Fire Archon: Good in Boss fights as the boss will be below 30% hitpoints for a few minutes at least, extending the damage buff up time. For running through Dungeons, adds rarely stay at 30% or below for long in my experience. So I find it less useful then.

Galeb Dhur: I find him more useful, particularly in this 'Glass Cannon' type build that gets hit a lot. Though that is more so when running through Dungeons and fighting adds. I find my HP fluctuate greatly during those runs, then necessarily when I am DPSing a boss.

Blacksmith: Most important aspect is his effect is always up. He will be dealing damage back to Adds or Bosses equally. So I would say if you don't want to change out companions, rock the Blacksmith. However I'm not positive how much damage he will do in comparison to the other above options... Definitely something to test, and maybe he will shine more in the sense that Dakkon takes a LOT of damage?

So it's really a preference thing over all... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Galeb Dhur: I find him more useful, particularly in this 'Glass Cannon' type build that gets hit a lot. Though that is more so when running through Dungeons and fighting adds. I find my HP fluctuate greatly during those runs, then necessarily when I am DPSing a boss.

i have 11% life steal and life steal boon(otherwise my build is quite close, just not as filthy rich) and my hp stays full most of the time i need a few hits to get them up from half so if person has a bit more life steal this might not be as good

also 2 more pets that might be used as X, life steal dog - cheap, rare(+190 life steal) - imho your build lacks life steal, it might not work for somebody who has worse gear, with your gear it might be enough, also depends on your party composition

blink dog - there are a lot of ways to get about permanent CA so its a flat damage increase

and why u dont have VT artifact ?
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    ...Lifesteal...
    The build is a tad bit low on Lifesteal, but it is designed to maximize damage... Thus you will need judicious use of healing potions. I used the term 'Glass Cannon' intentionally. ;)
    blink dog - there are a lot of ways to get about permanent CA so its a flat damage increase
    There are many ways, but this build itself can't create them outside of positioning. Though it's definitely a companion to consider, try and see if you like it better. :)
    and why u dont have VT artifact ?
    I am planning on eventually getting Valindra's Artifact and increasing it to try out, but I need to keep my ArmPen at the 19% Level to maximize damage. Gotta work with what I got, right? :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Just one or two things.

Why no Student of the Sword?

Why waste your CaGI buff on WMS instead of going directly into an IBS smash?
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well this little beauty from the Test Shard may solve my issue about getting Valindra's Crown as it gives me an additional 300 ArmPen!

hARrAXV.png

I'll lose out on a bit of Defense/Recovery/Regen, which may require me to switch to the Lifesteal boon to simply stay alive, but hey...
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Animated GIFs are a no-no. Please refrain from posting them.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Ahh I see now. Your OP is merely horribly out of date. My fault for assuming that the first post had any merit.

I see that you posted a link to the updated build on page 11 right at the top. I should learn to read ^_-
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    spacejew wrote: »
    I see that you posted a link to the updated build on page 11 right at the top. I should learn to read ^_-
    It's all good bud, just having some fun... :)

I don't like to change my original posts on my guides as I like to see the history/progression of my builds as they go along. Just something I do, and ya the link at the top of the 1st page was suggested by a friend after I updated Mod 2 on my LEEROY JENKINS(!!!) thread after a bit of confusion.

It was a good idea, for sure... lol

Hope all is rocking well with you! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Yet another amazing guide.

Just a question in regards to PvE:

Do you think that the AP gain bonuses from the Unstoppable Action Feat and Elven Haste Boon are significant?
    (Got them myself but uncertain about it's effectiveness)

Thanks in advance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    helloz2 wrote: »
    Yet another amazing guide.
    Thanks bud!
    Just a question in regards to PvE:

Do you think that the AP gain bonuses from the Unstoppable Action Feat and Elven Haste Boon are significant?
    (Got them myself but uncertain about it's effectiveness)
    I can't state quantitatively that it does, because I do not have the exact math on it... But I can say I do, quantitiatvely, see an increase in AP generation, though I need to respec into the 2% action point gain boon from the 700 HP boon. :)
    Thanks in advance!
    No problem at all... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Got it.

Well I'm kinda at crossroads to choose between Toughness and Unstoppable Action for Feats, as well as between Feywilds Fortitude and Elven Haste for Boons.

But it's good to see that they help though, gotta spam those dailies yo.

Guess I'll be sticking to them for now, thanks again for the input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]