Install Arc
Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Well Ayroux....it is easy to remember wins and forget the losses.

Plenty of times we have queued with some oddball combo and caught a premade off guard.

1 GWF 4TR was yesterday. Rocked out until we went against a premade with an immortal DC and good coordination.

3 GF 1 DC 1 Perma -Tough match unless you have the counter.

3 CW 1 DC 1 TR - Plenty of range and push back...won a few matches without killing much.

The list goes on.

We find that a rainbow works great for the majority of matches.

Sometimes it simply comes down to team comp vs team comp....

I digress...this thread is about tenes!

What does this have to do with you claiming to have beat us in a match?
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    What does this have to do with you claiming to have beat us in a match?

Pointing out team comp is also a vital cog in the machine of domination....

Besides - Are you going to tell the internets that you never lose? ;)
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The only team CD has lost to is lemonade stand. Show me a SS of you beating a full premade of u besting us

We've beat CD in a full premade before. Was before the server merge. I have a video of it somewhere, I'll msg ya when I find it and upload it.

Always like playing against you guys, just sayin though =)
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This thread turned from a tene discussion into a tryhard mathbattle to value tenes vs r10 in a dps race (no comment, just shows again that ppl have 0 clue what they are talking about), into a player x beat player y....
    Just a handfull of ppl actually know what they are talking about, and these ppl just get flamed by others for p2w'ing or defending tenes.
    I bet 90% of the ppl there didnt even play with tenes but still saying it's the most op stuff ever and that they win games...
    Kinda sad that u cant even get a healthy discussion.
    nrix68583g9v.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Pointing out team comp is also a vital cog in the machine of domination....

Besides - Are you going to tell the internets that you never lose? ;)

Your the one who claimed to beat us, so please show proof :)

munkey81 wrote: »
    We've beat CD in a full premade before. Was before the server merge. I have a video of it somewhere, I'll msg ya when I find it and upload it.

Always like playing against you guys, just sayin though =)
    Love to see it, though im 99% sure youll find it wasnt a full CD premade. Maybe a partial.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    nrix68583g9v.png

Agree 100%.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This thread turned from a tene discussion into a tryhard mathbattle to value tenes vs r10 in a dps race (no comment, just shows again that ppl have 0 clue what they are talking about), into a player x beat player y....
    Just a handfull of ppl actually know what they are talking about, and these ppl just get flamed by others for p2w'ing or defending tenes.
    I bet 90% of the ppl there didnt even play with tenes but still saying it's the most op stuff ever and that they win games...
    nrix68583g9v.png

You forgot the part about it further derailing into pvp and who wins or losses.

You are welcome!
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    want to argue over PvP ranking? check the new thread and prove your rank!
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Guys, i have a problem.

Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night screaming "TENEBROUS ! NERF PLEASE!".

What can i do?:(
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Guys, i have a problem.

Sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night screaming "TENEBROUS ! NERF PLEASE!".

What can i do?:(

Apply A&D Ointment liberally to affected areas....
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Apply A&D Ointment liberally to affected areas....

Where can i find one? :O
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lol ...this thread =P
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well Ayroux....it is easy to remember wins and forget the losses.

1 GWF 4TR was yesterday. Rocked out until we went against a premade with an immortal DC and good coordination.

That was us! We won't bring up the score, but thanks for the acknowledgment!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Summary of thread:

Staff post on page 5, 63 pages of flame.... This may be the best thread in neverwinter history.
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    nrix68583g9v.png

The problem with having decent conversations is that statements like this always come couched with passive statements inferring insults instead of out right saying them.

IE this statement reads to me that if you don't agree with me Tenebrous are ok, you have no idea what you are talking about. These kind of statements are just as inflammatory and surprise people get defensive about it.

Now I am not going to argue whether I know what I am talking about or not, because to me it is irrelevant to having a civil conversation.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Summary of thread:

Staff post on page 5, 63 pages of flame.... This may be the best thread in neverwinter history.

pretty sure the "don't nerf TR" thread had over 100 pages =P
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    Now I am not going to argue whether I know what I am talking about or not, because to me it is irrelevant to having a civil conversation.

Trollolol!!!

Awww if I didn't have guild stuff in my Sig that would be my new one for sure! "I don't have to know what I'm talking about to have a civil conversation" LOL

I'm gonna go post in a theoretical physics forum now that I know I can have a civil conversation
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Trollolol!!!

Awww if I didn't have guild stuff in my Sig that would be my new one for sure! "I don't have to know what I'm talking about to have a civil conversation" LOL

I'm gonna go post in a theoretical physics forum now that I know I can have a civil conversation

Nice insult. Warp what I say to mean something else entirely and then attack me on it. Grats. Read closer, conversation about my "credentials" has nothing to do with the subject at hand. What is said should be the topic of conversation, not you or anyone else's assumption to my credibility. I didn't think I would need to point this out to you. I'll refrain from the accusations of your qualities though.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Until one show a picture with combatlog that Barkshield absorb the full Tenedamagel i say this is only a roar and false. Every tene proc count as single attack. They don't sum up as a single big attack and THAT is was guard and Barkshield shoot down. Barkshields 3 charges are easily burned with the attack itself + 2 tenes and the rest of the tenes do full damage. And every charge after this get burned by the next attack so you can't stack up again to 3 - only you leave the combat but then you loose the fight itself.

So don't believe that Barkshield is the COUNTER to it. It's only a help for tanky chars in some situations, not more.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    For the 10th time, PvP is 5v5 and is won by tactics. That is why Gctrl is one of the best DC's, b/c he and his team synergize with each other and know exactly what they are doing.

You may be able to kill him 1v1 100% of the time but vs. a lemonade premade you would lose every time.

1v1 has little bearing on winning a PvP match.

Our guild has beaten lemonade with team comps that don't have a DC, but we played 2 games the other day that did include DC's and they beat us both times.

Right now lemonade has the best tactics in the game, probably because they've been doing it the longest, that's why they win. We are however working on it and hope to challenge you guys again very soon =)

You only strengthen what I am saying. If they are so good why would this nerf even bother them? Everyone keeps sidestepping this question. It's not like tenes will be total garbage, they just won't be OMG OP anymore.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    People are pissed because they have spent thousands of euros over keys to acquire the enchantments.

This is different from Stalwart set, since it is acquirable from T2 dungeons but for tenebrous it is different as it is only attainable from lockboxes which can only be opened by using enchanted keys.

Alot of builds were made based on this enchantment, that's why it is understandable that some can be furious over such change. In my case, i didn't pay a dime on them. That's why i'm one of the few tenebrous users who doesn't actually care about the change.

Besides, they would still work perfectly with my Sent.GWF other than using dark enchantments for sure.
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    You only strengthen what I am saying. If they are so good why would this nerf even bother them? Everyone keeps sidestepping this question. It's not like tenes will be total garbage, they just won't be OMG OP anymore.
    depends...
    if the fix is really going to be on making it not ignore DR and be deflected, it will be more of a buff to fighters classes. it will still be usable by gwf/gfs. classes that I believe ALREADY enjoy more of the enchantment.

if the changes be on the dr/deflect thing, it is going to be more making gwf/gf/clerics tankers more tankers than anything since they are the ones that wont get hurt by tenes.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    People are pissed because they have spent thousands of euros over keys to acquire the enchantments.

This is different from Stalwart set, since it is acquirable from T2 dungeons but for tenebrous it is different as it is only attainable from lockboxes which can only be opened by using enchanted keys.

Alot of builds were made based on this enchantment, that's why it is understandable that some can be furious over such change. In my case, i didn't pay a dime on them. That's why i'm one of the few tenebrous users who doesn't actually care about the change.

Besides, they would still work perfectly with my Sent.GWF other than using dark enchantments for sure.

You Q.Q before you know what happend exactly to tenes. Creating bad situations before they even changed is useless. Dodgeable - lol how many times you dodge the attack, which proc them? Mitigation - you don't know if Arpen work for them and THEN squishy chars don't even benefit from that change and so tene will easy find it's victims. Deflected - first how often this happend to them and does it deflect ALL procs or every proc calculate this deflection change itself?

It seem that thinking about the maybe changes to tenes is less as Q.Q about the dev comment. Beware of the facts, not at the fiction!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    You Q.Q before you know what happend exactly to tenes. Creating bad situations before they even changed is useless. Dodgeable - lol how many times you dodge the attack, which proc them? Mitigation - you don't know if Arpen work for them and THEN squishy chars don't even benefit from that change and so tene will easy find it's victims. Deflected - first how often this happend to them and does it deflect ALL procs or every proc calculate this deflection change itself?

It seem that thinking about the maybe changes to tenes is less as Q.Q about the dev comment. Beware of the facts, not at the fiction!

I'm not sure if you are extremely stupid or just trolling, where did i QQ about the Tene nerf exactly? so far all my posts were about me proving that the tanky characters will still be using them as they will be still better than using rank 10 darks.

And about the dodging part, i did say that it wont affect the procing mechanic that much. So i really have no idea what are you talking about.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013

Not true. You can farm AD which can then be turned into zen to purchase keys. People also trade keys for other items. So basically the nerf is really no different than what happened to stalwart except that the stalwart set truly was turned into a steaming pile of poo.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    From the statement that the dev posted it looks like this is just the first go at balancing the enchantment. They want to test out if making it work correctly against mitigation skills/effects will be enough to balance it. If not, they can always increase the timer on them, make them proc only one per hit or even reduce the slots that you can equip the enchantment with. Just test them out on the preview server and give feedback in game.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Not true. You can farm AD which can then be turned into zen to purchase keys. People also trade keys for other items. So basically the nerf is really no different than what happened to stalwart except that the stalwart set truly was turned into a steaming pile of poo.

I think you missed where the keys originally come from. *huge mega facepalm*

People have to buy ZEN, in order to you exchanging your AD for ZEN...
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    You only strengthen what I am saying. If they are so good why would this nerf even bother them? Everyone keeps sidestepping this question.

Noone has sidestepped the question, we told you this has nothing to do with "leveling the playing field" or "giving us more of a challenge". Most of the premades we're running these days we have 1-2 Tenes users max. We know how to play without Tenes and we've already played every single top guild on the PTR where everyone had equal gear/enchants and we still win.

So let me explain this very carefully to you one more time. Tenebrouses have been the most sought after and most talked about enchant for nearly half a year now. People have either allocated large amounts of funds to them or spent all of their time in PvE towards getting them, this isn't some enchant that got released a week ago and now the devs suddenly realized they made a terrible mistake. This is something they've had the chance to monitor and analyze since the beginning of the game. And now half a year down the line, all of a sudden, they need to be radically changed? So much so that they might be rendered useless?

Do you know what I call that? A bad business model. Not only is it a bad business model but it is tantamount to bait-and-switch.

Do some changes need to be made to Tenebrouses? Yes. I think everyone who has them (or wanted them) agrees that they should not penetrate through SF or still proc on a dodged attack. Hell maybe we can even have a conversation about how they work with Deflect. Those are reasonable things to discuss or try to fix, but the changes proposed now seem like an extreme route towards balancing. You've already mentioned the conundrum with Stalwart, the only saving grace to come out of that is that they made one set for a specific class, using a specific setup, useless. Having that same kind of negligence when altering Tenes would be far more damaging to a greater number of people.

That is what people on here are against, it has nothing to do with this bs about people wanting or not wanting a challenge. Common now, we challenge and want to play against everyone, no matter what. Thats the only kind of meaningful pvp there is and its the only way you can improve. So please stick to what we're saying and stop making us reiterate this point over and over again.
    I think you missed where the keys originally come from. *huge mega facepalm*

People have to buy ZEN, in order to you exchanging your AD for ZEN...

Exactly, Tenes are real money items. Hands down. People need to have free disenchants or some kind of compensation for this.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree free disenchants would be fair. Prob should do that anyway when they nerf items
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"