Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

1252627282931»

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    cheapjing wrote: »
    Also retraining tokens are FREE in preview. You can just retrain your toon with the new paragon path.

I agree the synergy between the new cc skills and tankiness of GWF is as good as you can hope for. I am afraid they will nerf it before the thing goes live. I can already think of take down on a target, then rush in using the mark at will (mark feated for 15% more dmg), then use I Strength, then IBS since your opponent is still prone (or slot restoring strke if you want some heal; the dmg on restoring strike is also pretty sweet when crit). This is just off the top of my head for 1 set of rotation.

Whats better is a ranged frontline -> Sprint to target -> At wills while prone -> Takedown -> At wills + IBS while prone MORE -> Indom Str daily = GG

They have to be aware, this is going to be the ultimate pvp machine...
  • Options
    faiteaccompliifaiteaccomplii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    I am sure they will make sure everything is balanced, if not on release of the module, over time, if it is too good to be true, expect nerfs at some point, but in the meantime we can enjoy the OP of it :)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Whats better is a ranged frontline -> Sprint to target -> At wills while prone -> Takedown -> At wills + IBS while prone MORE -> Indom Str daily = GG

They have to be aware, this is going to be the ultimate pvp machine...

I'm not sure it will be much different than Roar + Crescendo. You'll have more point control, but I think damage and CC time will be relatively similar.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    well frontline has much more dmg than roar... but higher cooldown. and I dont feel comfortable giving up my restoring strike. i will test new builds, but i will probably stick to what I already use
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    One advantage that Crescendo has over Indom Str is it does a lot more damage. It also has a pretty long range. But Indom is better in every other way. More positional control. If it is dodged, they have to dodge again or the second attack hits and still leaves them prone. Prone is better than stunned (since Crescendo doesn't prone til the end).
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You know, this topic has really devolved. Shouldn't we create new topics for all these other things not about tene's. The nerf is live on preview and no one has tested it yet? No one has any comments about the tene nerf?
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kaylos29 wrote: »
    You know, this topic has really devolved. Shouldn't we create new topics for all these other things not about tene's. The nerf is live on preview and no one has tested it yet? No one has any comments about the tene nerf?

Nah, let's get this thread over 100 pages before we think about doing that! :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    i tried to Q ther, but i just gave up. it has been almsot 3 days I don't login a lot on the live server. game has been boring as hell. enjoying bf4 in the meantime until update come
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i tried to Q ther, but i just gave up. it has been almsot 3 days I don't login a lot on the live server. game has been boring as hell. enjoying bf4 in the meantime until update come

You realize that GWFs are gods now, Frontline Surge, Threatening Rush and Indomitable Strength. The only thing you're missing is Bull Charge. Quite frankly, there is no reason for anyone to roll GF anymore, at least not for PvP (unless you want to be a troll tank that only cc's and does 0 damage).

GWF has the same cc now but is tankier and more mobile.

Thanks Cryptic, RIP GF's
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    You realize that GWFs are gods now, Frontline Surge, Threatening Rush and Indomitable Strength. The only thing you're missing is Bull Charge. Quite frankly, there is no reason for anyone to roll GF anymore, at least not for PvP (unless you want to be a troll tank that only cc's and does 0 damage).

Thanks Cryptic, RIP GF's

GFs are still the only ones with Knight's Challenge which can be used quite effectively to destroy someone.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    GFs are still the only ones with Knight's Challenge which can be used quite effectively to destroy someone.

Hahahahahahahaha. Okay.
  • Options
    kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahaha. Okay.

Hahahahahahaha. Okay.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hahahahahahaha. Okay.

You forgot 1 "ha". :o
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    You forgot 1 "ha". :o

This troll=win :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »

Thanks Cryptic, RIP GF's

This.

GWFs have the same prones a GF has.

Bull rush = takdown essentially... Frontline/indom str GG

Im already working on putting together a new GWF build, gonna be STUPID OP.

Whats really dumb... just think about this.

GFs ENTIRE Tab ability does what, Mark. They can also apply the mark via threat ruish.

Now GWFs have threat rush so they can mark...

So GWFs GET the GF tab ability.

GG Cryptic!

People were saying GFs OP, Crytpic solution? "Lets take the best parts of GF and give them to GWF too! Then noone will say OP GF because theyll get rolled by GWFs all day"

We shall call this expansion, era of the GWFs!
  • Options
    kaoswpkaoswp Banned Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This.

GWFs have the same prones a GF has.

Bull rush = takdown essentially... Frontline/indom str GG

Im already working on putting together a new GWF build, gonna be STUPID OP.

Whats really dumb... just think about this.

GFs ENTIRE Tab ability does what, Mark. They can also apply the mark via threat ruish.

Now GWFs have threat rush so they can mark...

So GWFs GET the GF tab ability.

GG Cryptic!

People were saying GFs OP, Crytpic solution? "Lets take the best parts of GF and give them to GWF too! Then noone will say OP GF because theyll get rolled by GWFs all day"

We shall call this expansion, era of the GWFs!

I think he nailed it here O.o as a CW, I am f***ing terrified right now lol
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think people will quickly switch over to QQing about rangers once those people get geared up at 60. They have the ability to be tanky, kite like a boss or catch runners.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    kaoswp wrote: »
    I think he nailed it here O.o as a CW, I am f***ing terrified right now lol

YOu and me both man, im looking at this on my GF and going how the heck can i stand against a GWF now AND what role do I even play in a premade?! GWFs can do everything GFs can do but better....
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Lol that sounds about right.
    Kinda really interested to see the greater challenge GWFs will pose now, but I'm sure that feeling won't last long.
    I think people will quickly switch over to QQing about rangers once those people get geared up at 60. They have the ability to be tanky, kite like a boss or catch runners.

Always something to complain about :rolleyes:
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    YOu and me both man, im looking at this on my GF and going how the heck can i stand against a GWF now AND what role do I even play in a premade?! GWFs can do everything GFs can do but better....

I have no idea O.o you guys seem to do more damage because you dont have to sacrifice all of your power for Tenes.. but still.. GWFs will be crazytown.
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    No class, ranger included will be able to stand against a GWF...

tumblr_mmb2h2kGq11s5wgtho1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yep, Sents + new boons + Artifacts are going to be a scary, scary thing! :eek: I do think we'll see a LOT less GFs in PVP. We'll see what happens.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It is a little early to proclaim the death of GFs in PvP. The way I see it, Iron Vanguard simply makes GWF better at what it already does, making it a strong backcapper. I don't think it allows GWFs to fill the same role as GFs, providing burst damage/control at midfield and supporting other points bursting people down.

1. Bull's Charge does a lot more damage than Takedown, provides positional control with the toss, and it's faster animation is harder to counter. It also has a small gap closing element giving it a longer range than Takedown.

2. Lunging Strike not only does more damage than a tank spec GWF can do with IBS, it is a gap closer to boot on a really, really, short cooldown.

3. Controlling Pin is 10% group damage debuff applied immediately with every encounter. That is much easier than waiting for a GWF to get at least 2 stacks of SotS up.

4. GFs have much greater AP generation than GWFs baseline thanks to AP boost from Con and Block building a ton of AP. GFs can even feat for more AP generation below 50% health. Given how much easier it is for GFs to build AP, they can use Indom Strength a heck of a lot more than a GWF can.

5. GFs gear will have recovery on it making their frontline surge happen much faster.

6. GWFs gearing for pvp sees it's survivability grow exponentially with its health/deflect/regen. It is harder for a GWF to drop survivability to bring it's damage numbers up to match how easily a GF can do damage. Remember PvP Sent GWFs don't do much damage without Tenebrous. While the powerful challenge feat + mark form threatening rush and threatening rush as a gap closer helps, it doesn't close the gap enough to put them back where they were. All your opponent has to do is make sure they aren't marked and you lose that extra damage. GFs scale better with offensive stats in a pvp environment than GWFs do and a GWFs survivability takes bigger hit than GFs when sacrificing survivability for damage.

I do think Iron Vanguard could be a little over the top for PvP GWFs, but I don't think it allows them to replace a GFs role.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Lol I had previously refused to level a new GWF so I could have a halfling (would be my 8th 60) but I don't know now.

All this complaining about Tene's make me kinda want to "rub it in" if they get nerfed and be unkillable.

Think about GWF with free extra regen, no tene's so why not use defensive slots and build even more HP/def/deflect, and free 2nd life with SF. It will take days to bring down a fully tank specced sent, and they will have ~41-42k HP with the extra defensive slots I'd say. Not to mention 45%+ deflect and 50% mitigation without unstoppable.

Lol you want to complain about tene's? Ok. You'll be complaining more when 3 people take 5 minutes to down 1 sent.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »

Lol you want to complain about tene's? Ok. You'll be complaining more when 3 people take 5 minutes to down 1 sent.

No, I won't be complaining. Why? Because I'll have one or two on my team, as well! :cool:
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol I had previously refused to level a new GWF so I could have a halfling (would be my 8th 60) but I don't know now.

All this complaining about Tene's make me kinda want to "rub it in" if they get nerfed and be unkillable.

Think about GWF with free extra regen, no tene's so why not use defensive slots and build even more HP/def/deflect, and free 2nd life with SF. It will take days to bring down a fully tank specced sent, and they will have ~41-42k HP with the extra defensive slots I'd say. Not to mention 45%+ deflect and 50% mitigation without unstoppable.

There are better builds out there than this, youll see :)