test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adding these resistances wouldn't make sense. it would kill even more others enchantments like lifedrinker and terror. this is neverwinter, not other mmo. so far the pvp here is very versatile and different from any other game i played, this is why i enjoyed it here.
    if they do bring pvp gear, will separate PvP from PvE even more, and i think for a game works well it has to walk together. or it will become a SWTOR or GW2.
    if they add elements % resistances, they better buff all elements damage then...

Yeah I honestly am not much of a fan for PVP/PVE division, thats part of the tenebrous issue. They are absolutely horrible PVE enchants but amazing in PVP.

Youd just create further divide and cause more casual pvpers to never want to pvp.

What they really need to do is add more game types and maps to create further diversity in playstyles and builds.

A build you would typically play in Domination would be different than an ideal build for slayer or maybe even CTF.

I could see both those being a great addition to this game.

What I would like to see is more gear sets available that offer more diversity in stats for more classes.

I dont think the best option is to further divide the player base but give more options and more diversification to more players.

There is an element of rock paper scissors in this game most people dont understand in pvp. It is and should always be there.
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    adding these resistances wouldn't make sense. it would kill even more others enchantments like lifedrinker and terror. this is neverwinter, not other mmo. so far the pvp here is very versatile and different from any other game i played, this is why i enjoyed it here.
    if they do bring pvp gear, will separate PvP from PvE even more, and i think for a game works well it has to walk together. or it will become a SWTOR or GW2.
    if they add elements % resistances, they better buff all elements damage then...

I doubt they will add too much to make it more complex. That just makes it harder to balance and as we see that is hard enough as it is.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    Yeah I honestly am not much of a fan for PVP/PVE division, thats part of the tenebrous issue. They are absolutely horrible PVE enchants but amazing in PVP.

Youd just create further divide and cause more casual pvpers to never want to pvp.

What they really need to do is add more game types and maps to create further diversity in playstyles and builds.

A build you would typically play in Domination would be different than an ideal build for slayer or maybe even CTF.

I could see both those being a great addition to this game.

What I would like to see is more gear sets available that offer more diversity in stats for more classes.

I dont think the best option is to further divide the player base but give more options and more diversification to more players.

There is an element of rock paper scissors in this game most people dont understand in pvp. It is and should always be there.
    agree. it would be really nice new pvp modes. something huge 30 x 30 or more of guilds. territory control, and even open pvp maps... devs taking so long to bring these it. and for what i see, pvp is in the veins of the forums content, i dont understand why they dont get that people in neverwinter love pvp...
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    The only thing I know is that you don't know what you're talking about. Clearly the only thing you're familiar with is daily pug pvp. Sorry, your opinion doesn't count.

Clearly your points are still weak. If you can beat people without tenes why does your team want them so badly? There are only a few premade a who even match your team's level of gear in the first place. So unless you just want to keep playing those same groups over and over you're only going to be playing imbalanced matches. Just admit that your only concern is with winning and you could give two squats to what the majority in this game want or what is better for the game overall.

The whining is both ridiculous and humorous.
  • kidbskidbs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 294
    edited October 2013
    I rather not go through the hassle of continuously dismantling your baseless comments/assumptions that its only Tene users that are complaining about the nerf, or that the only reason people use Tenes is because they know they are op/broken, or that somehow you don't need any level of skill or understanding of your class to be successful in pvp if you have Tenes (ie. your statement: Tenes do all the work for you).

Why do your opinions not count? Because you don't know enough about the game or the current pvp meta to make them count. The same way a fresh lvl 60 PvP player has no ground to stand on when talking about how to make PvP more balanced.

Another pompous statement made from a *******. Everyone is well aware of what the current pvp meta is. The meta is broken and a tene nerf is at least a small tweak for the better. Fight tooth and nail for your advantages. And if they aren't advantages then why are you fighting so hard?
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Clearly your points are still weak. If you can beat people without tenes why does your team want them so badly? There are only a few premade a who even match your team's level of gear in the first place. So unless you just want to keep playing those same groups over and over you're only going to be playing imbalanced matches. Just admit that your only concern is with winning and you could give two squats to what the majority in this game want or what is better for the game overall.

The whining is both ridiculous and humorous.

Once again victory in top tier premade vs. premade pvp is dictated by tactics, strategy, and player rotation more than anything else. The reason there only a couple top guilds is because they know the intricacies of how to do these. Lemonade still won with equal gear for everyone on PTR, that alone refutes any point you have that top guilds are just more geared.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    kidbs wrote: »
    Another pompous statement made from a *******. Everyone is well aware of what the current pvp meta is. The meta is broken and a tene nerf is at least a small tweak for the better. Fight tooth and nail for your advantages. And if they aren't advantages then why are you fighting so hard?

Ok so if you dumped every bit of AD you had into 1 set of gear for 1 character just for PvP purposes would you be angry if the devs decided to turn around and nerf that gear into uselessness? I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't be unless they have unlimited money.

So if Bill Gates is on these forums saying nerf Tene let me know, I will agree to tene nerf if you'll buy me all new enchants since my Tene's won't sell for anything if they get nerfed to uselessnesss.
    edited October 2013
    agree. it would be really nice new pvp modes. something huge 30 x 30 or more of guilds. territory control, and even open pvp maps... devs taking so long to bring these it. and for what i see, pvp is in the veins of the forums content, i dont understand why they dont get that people in neverwinter love pvp...

I completely agree man, Its amazed me that they havnt added more yet.

Im afraid if they do 30vs30 stuff itll just be a zerg fest like GG was... Maybe if they made it more like AV (Vanilla WoW) it could work.

Open PVP maps would be really cool as well, I had posted before wondering why they dont make 1 "version" or "instance #" of each Zone map currently out there, where its open world pvp.

Then people who want to level in peace can, and players who want to have world pvp enabled for pvp can. Towns/Camps can still be safe zones.

That seems like it would take almost no coding whatsoever to do, and adds a TON of ability for fun.

Thats part of the "balance" issue is builds are so focused towards domination right now, add more pvp gametypes and the optimized builds would then change.
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Ok so if you dumped every bit of AD you had into 1 set of gear for 1 character just for PvP purposes would you be angry if the devs decided to turn around and nerf that gear into uselessness? I don't think there's anyone that wouldn't be unless they have unlimited money.

So if Bill Gates is on these forums saying nerf Tene let me know, I will agree to tene nerf if you'll buy me all new enchants since my Tene's won't sell for anything if they get nerfed to uselessnesss.

Dude, The only argument I see here is "Dont nerf Tene because people sent alot of AD/money on it"

Thats not an argument why an enchant shouldnt be fixed, it does nothing to address the real issue (the enchant)

Its really hands down that the enchant is completely OP as it is right now. It needs a re-work. You have people doing the math saying its STILL going to be very strong, and they still havnt announced the full plans for the change.

I posted before, take a stand look at how ridiculous the enchant is.

It scales offensively by your defensive stats... The more "tanky" you are, the more damage you deal. That is normally a tradeoff in most games.

Not only that, the damage you dealt mitigates ALL DR and pierces through things like SF, AND cannot be deflected or dodged...
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why do your opinions not count? Because you don't know enough about the game or the current pvp meta to make them count. The same way a fresh lvl 60 PvP player has no ground to stand on when talking about how to make PvP more balanced.

Your head is so swelled up I'm surprised you can even see the keyboard to type this ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's coming out of your mouth.

In your fuzzy stupid logic you actually believe that YOU are the only one who gets to have an opinion on this game and PvP, simply because YOU feel YOU are the best player ever?

That's why they are OPINIONS. Everyone is aloud to have them, this is not a dictatorship kid, and no one promoted you to forum god. Come down from that high horse you put yourself on and have a normal conversation

I've got a greater vorpal, rank 8's and I've killed you just like any other DC.

You aren't special.

There are much better DC's then you from Mindflayer with lesser gear.

You are a constant source of laughter and enjoyment for many, with all the epeen stroking ego boosting self proclaimed title giving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that comes out of your mouth.

I'm assuming this is you.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--EzGOcWjsc&feature=player_detailpage
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    Your head is so swelled up I'm surprised you can even see the keyboard to type this ridiculous <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that's coming out of your mouth.

In your fuzzy stupid logic you actually believe that YOU are the only one who gets to have an opinion on this game and PvP, simply because YOU feel YOU are the best player ever?

That's why they are OPINIONS. Everyone is aloud to have them, this is not a dictatorship kid, and no one promoted you to forum god. Come down from that high horse you put yourself on and have a normal conversation

You aren't special.

You are a constant source of laughter and enjoyment for many, with all the epeen stroking ego boosting self proclaimed title giving <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that comes out of your mouth.

I'm assuming this is you.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--EzGOcWjsc&feature=player_detailpage

lols...gctrl ****s on MOST dc's in pvp....his race selection,ability score,feats everything just synergizes....most of these "other DC's just copy his build step by step"...

i dont think i notice gctrl coming off as pompous...he is just stating his view on WHICH MANY agree....tene's don't need to be nerfed to the ground as proposed....i dont use tene's tbh...never liked them...but i also never felt like i was at a HUGE disadvantage....

anyways.. gonna grab my fresh batch of popcorn...this thread is full of win.
    edited October 2013
    For the 10th time, PvP is 5v5 and is won by tactics. That is why Gctrl is one of the best DC's, b/c he and his team synergize with each other and know exactly what they are doing.

You may be able to kill him 1v1 100% of the time but vs. a lemonade premade you would lose every time.

1v1 has little bearing on winning a PvP match.

Our guild has beaten lemonade with team comps that don't have a DC, but we played 2 games the other day that did include DC's and they beat us both times.

Right now lemonade has the best tactics in the game, probably because they've been doing it the longest, that's why they win. We are however working on it and hope to challenge you guys again very soon =)
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Bah...I have won and lost against nearly every guild now.

Tactics is only PART of the equation.

Don't think for a minute gear doesn't have a part to play in it.
    edited October 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Bah...I have won and lost against nearly every guild now.

Tactics is only PART of the equation.

Don't think for a minute gear doesn't have a part to play in it.

This 100%. Gear plays a much bigger role in this game than in others I have seen and played.

Tactics and teamwork account for ALOT especially at the "top tier" pvp matches. However there is a large divide between different gear levels if you will.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013

You aren't special.

When have you ever killed me in pvp, lol? Never, and if you did it was probably with the help of two other people.

When has your guild beaten us? Never, even when we take randoms from the guild who rarely pvp you lose.

Bahahhah, ok this actually made me lol.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
    edited October 2013
    ^ Gctrl is one of the best DCs ive ever faced.

This whole "bash eachother" idea is really off topic and pointless.... Can we have a civilized discussion about this without blowing it up?
    edited October 2013
    crib/xmean. I don't deny they have the best 5 man team.

But telling another person they aren't aloud to have an opinion because they are new or not as skilled could not possibly come off more arrogant and pompous.

No respect for that kinda attitude.
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Cribstaxxx seems to be the groupie (reminds me of Apple fanboys) of gctrl.
    Right now lemonade has the best tactics in the game, probably because they've been doing it the longest, that's why they win. We are however working on it and hope to challenge you guys again very soon =)

Best tactics? If you call getting the best gear & enchantments a tactic than sure. Or do you call "your opinion doesn't count" a good tactic?

But funny thing is, cause you losed from them makes them best players. Other way, you're pretty much calling yourself one of the best players on NW.
    Can we have a civilized discussion about this without blowing it up?

With Lemonade? Not really.
    signature-lili.png
    edited October 2013
    I know all about immortal DCs. Usually though, takes two of us with a knockdown rotation. ;)

Yes...yes we have beaten 'your' guild in PVP...along with Essence/enemy/CD/Exodus....the list is long.

We also lost. Until the client side loop holes are filled and ladders are in place...pvp is mainly a time killer.

And of course...game balancing. Like the tenes.
    edited October 2013
    When have you ever killed me in pvp, lol? Never

Same match I killed Kitty in 1 vs 1.

You aren't special. You play well, with your guild. I'm not debating that. Without your guild you are like everyone else.

I'd be more impressed to see how you played solo q'ing in PvP for an hour then I would in your premades.
  • josiahiyonjosiahiyon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This 100%. Gear plays a much bigger role in this game than in others I have seen and played.

Tactics and teamwork account for ALOT especially at the "top tier" pvp matches. However there is a large divide between different gear levels if you will.

Top GS (not top Tier) 60s vs Lowest GS 60s is literally like level 120s vs level 60s. Top tier gear (not max GS) is even more OP relative to a fresh 60.

Match-making is sourly lacking -- maybe something for module 3? Match-making, however, is a separate issue and should should be addressed as such.
    Pvpbysynergy.png
    Iyon the Dark
    edited October 2013
    I know all about immortal DCs. Usually though, takes two of us with a knockdown rotation. ;)

Yes...yes we have beaten 'your' guild in PVP...along with Essence/enemy/CD/Exodus....the list is long.

We also lost. Until the client side loop holes are filled and ladders are in place...pvp is mainly a time killer.

And of course...game balancing. Like the tenes.

The only team CD has lost to is lemonade stand. Show me a SS of you beating a full premade of us.

If you count a partial premade mixed with PUGs, sure weve lost then, but a full pre vs pre? Only 1 guild has the privilege of saying they have beat us.

Thats not a brag, its just setting your record straight....

EDIT: I didnt even know who you were, I had to log on and look you up. Novus Ordo? Weve never lost to them. Ever.
    vverg wrote: »
    But funny thing is, cause you losed from them makes them best players. Other way, you're pretty much calling yourself one of the best players on NW.

He pretty much has the right to say he is one of the best, considering hes beaten all the best guilds in the game and offered open challenges to play any team and has done so with multiple groups.

now, I agree other players are allowed to have their opinions... We can agree to disagree on points, and thats what makes diversity.

Alysin, while I think your a good player overall, your honestly nothing special either. You play will with your guild, but without your guild your like anyone else as well.

Solo-Q proves nothing since its totally reliant on PUGs.

When this game (if this game) gets a ranking system and a true matchmaking system... Then we can measure e-peens on the forums.

Until then, people need to not act all high and mighty about themselves and their play ability.

Right now PVP has nothing to do with individual skill and everything to do with TEAM skill/ TEAM play AND gear. I think we can all agree on that....
  • gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    Cribstaxxx seems to be the groupie (reminds me of Apple fanboys) of gctrl.

Best tactics? If you call getting the best gear & enchantments a tactic than sure. Or do you call "your opinion doesn't count" a good tactic?

With Lemonade? Not really.

well, the preview is always out there to prove these comments wrong. gear and enchantments are big part of the game, would never deny it. but say that LS is only good because of it is non-sense, i think they proved all people who had these thoughts on the preview server tournament. as even when we were in TSB also proved a lot of people that enchantment and gear isn't everything.
    and yes we lost for them 2x, and we won 2x. all our losses were on rainbow comp, something we need to work out more. because clearly, they have more experience and strategy on this way. this is all cribs meant. they bested us, and we hope to rematch and win. there is no shame or "being a fanboy" addmiting your opponent bested you in a way. actually it is a huge part of developing, because if you only blame this and that, you pretty much won't improve. that is an advice for everything in life.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
    edited October 2013
    This is getting dumb at this point.

the preview server allowed for full gear for everyone, who won on the preview server? Lemonade. Enemy Team members (formerly TSB) came in 2nd I might add.

Yes gear plays a part in victory, but not nearly what tactics does. When we were in TSB I didn't see the need to spend money b/c we were only on Beholder and the competitive play was on PTR so I got full gear for free. We still beat far better geared teams than us simply because of good teamwork. Tene's don't even come close to making up for poor team tactics and rotations.
    edited October 2013
    Well Ayroux....it is easy to remember wins and forget the losses.

Plenty of times we have queued with some oddball combo and caught a premade off guard.

1 GWF 4TR was yesterday. Rocked out until we went against a premade with an immortal DC and good coordination.

3 GF 1 DC 1 Perma -Tough match unless you have the counter.

3 CW 1 DC 1 TR - Plenty of range and push back...won a few matches without killing much.

The list goes on.

We find that a rainbow works great for the majority of matches.

Sometimes it simply comes down to team comp vs team comp....

I digress...this thread is about tenes!
    edited October 2013
    Well Ayroux....it is easy to remember wins and forget the losses.

Plenty of times we have queued with some oddball combo and caught a premade off guard.

1 GWF 4TR was yesterday. Rocked out until we went against a premade with an immortal DC and good coordination.

3 GF 1 DC 1 Perma -Tough match unless you have the counter.

3 CW 1 DC 1 TR - Plenty of range and push back...won a few matches without killing much.

The list goes on.

We find that a rainbow works great for the majority of matches.

Sometimes it simply comes down to team comp vs team comp....

I digress...this thread is about tenes!

What does this have to do with you claiming to have beat us in a match?
    edited October 2013
    What does this have to do with you claiming to have beat us in a match?

Pointing out team comp is also a vital cog in the machine of domination....

Besides - Are you going to tell the internets that you never lose? ;)
    edited October 2013
    The only team CD has lost to is lemonade stand. Show me a SS of you beating a full premade of u besting us

We've beat CD in a full premade before. Was before the server merge. I have a video of it somewhere, I'll msg ya when I find it and upload it.

Always like playing against you guys, just sayin though =)
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    This thread turned from a tene discussion into a tryhard mathbattle to value tenes vs r10 in a dps race (no comment, just shows again that ppl have 0 clue what they are talking about), into a player x beat player y....
    Just a handfull of ppl actually know what they are talking about, and these ppl just get flamed by others for p2w'ing or defending tenes.
    I bet 90% of the ppl there didnt even play with tenes but still saying it's the most op stuff ever and that they win games...
    Kinda sad that u cant even get a healthy discussion.
    nrix68583g9v.png
    edited October 2013
    Pointing out team comp is also a vital cog in the machine of domination....

Besides - Are you going to tell the internets that you never lose? ;)

Your the one who claimed to beat us, so please show proof :)

We've beat CD in a full premade before. Was before the server merge. I have a video of it somewhere, I'll msg ya when I find it and upload it.

Always like playing against you guys, just sayin though =)
    Love to see it, though im 99% sure youll find it wasnt a full CD premade. Maybe a partial.
    edited October 2013
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Kinda sad that u cant even get a healthy discussion.
    nrix68583g9v.png

Agree 100%.