What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How To Guide on how to Deal with Tenes

Comments

• Options
    alt2jalt2j Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2013
    lol saying that we dont have a say far from justifies the nerf, plus your still not getting it when im am saying that the nerf is fundamentally flawed

I mean they should not be responding to complaints by casuals, they should be looking at how they are at highest lvl of play, like other games that are all about balance like RTS and MOBA games
  • Options
    srdjanasrdjana Banned Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    alt2j wrote: »
    I mean they should not be responding to complaints by casuals, they should be looking at how they are at highest lvl of play, like other games that are all about balance like RTS and MOBA games

Casuals play this game too and have every say in this matter as much as you do. Your account is no different from theirs.
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    lol saying that we dont have a say far from justifies the nerf, plus your still not getting it when im am saying that the nerf is fundamentally flawed

Alt, are you saying that only opinions from elite gamers should be considered? And not the thoughts of other players?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    To kidbs: You're making a fool of yourself, stating that someone was banned is not shaming, its a fact, so why don't you go ahead and do that, STATE FACTS. Instead every reply you make ends with hearsay "oh i heard one of you got banned 2 weeks ago, I really don't know but ill throw it out there to change the subject and make me look cool".

and thanks for confirming you know no one from my guild, you are 10~ years off of my real age, kid.

1. Tossing personal insults does nothing to strengthen your argument.
    2. Naming and Shaming REGARDLESS of persons account status is still against forum rules.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    *Just a random passerby eating pop corn*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    *Just a random passerby eating pop corn*

It is quite the show, isn't it?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    It is quite the show, isn't it?

Want some? *Shares some pop corn*. Don't worry, no tenebrous in them. :o
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i am not talking about opinions here, the personal opinions of the players should not really matter, once again it they should be looking at the state of the highest level of play

have you ever played starcraft ? are there strategies that are extremely strong and arguably op in lower leagues ? absolutely

do they take in account what bronze players complain about ? absolutely not

why ? because at higher levels people learn to deal with them correctly and are no longer a problem

where does balance really matter ? higher levels
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i am not talking about opinions here, the personal opinions of the players should not really matter, once again it they should be looking at the state of the highest level of play

have you ever played starcraft ? are there strategies that are extremely strong and arguably op in lower leagues ? absolutely

do they take in account what bronze players complain about ? absolutely not

why ? because at higher levels people learn to deal with them correctly and are no longer a problem

where does balance really matter ? higher levels

I agree that balance really matters at higher levels, and this is why I'm very excited about this fix. It will make the higher end PVP much more balanced for those who do not have the enchant.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thats cause you dont realise what the higher end of PVP is, if you did you would have no problems with tenes as they can be dealt with
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    thats cause you dont realise what the higher end of PVP is, if you did you would have no problems with tenes as they can be dealt with

I suspect that very soon I'll have a much better understanding of what higher end PVP is.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    i hope for your sake that you do
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hi, the mod here. Few things I need to clarify.

1. Please, respect one another. If you disagree with a post, attack the substance of the post itself and not the poster. Disrespecting another person on the forums, be they staff, devs, mods, or other players, absolutely is not allowed.

2. Per section 3.08 of Neverwinter Rules of Conduct, "Pay to Win" (P2W) discussions are a forbidden topic. Please refrain from making allusions or references to the term.

3. Images generally aren't allowed unless they are germane to the conversation at hand (in most cases, they're not) and in any case are not allowed to contain profanity of any sort. Those that do will be summarily removed without further warning.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited October 2013

by buying tenes...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lwedar wrote: »
    by buying tenes...

Greater Barkshield *
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Greater Barkshield *

Alot of people toss this around but noone has supplied the data for it.
  • Options
    yolojungleryolojungler Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »

What happened to countless hours of testing on the PTR?
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    Lol this thread has grown a lot since I got off work on Friday, and I am not going to read the 10+ pages I missed out on.

So for those that are pro this nerf please tell me what other enchantment damage can be deflected? Why shouldn't we make all damage types take all DR into consideration since we are going to do it for necrotic? Actually not even doing it for all necrotic just for tene.

Tene's still damage you when you dodge, that is indeed a bug and needs fixed, that's the one good change listed. However taking your tene CD when said enchant didn't even get a chance to proc b/c you never hit your target is just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Tene's are the counter to SF just like Barkshield is the counter to tene's, if you make tene's not pierce SF every person in the game will use SF and nothing else in PvP. That would be really dumb.

Long story short please give me a logical game mechanics reason why any of these nerfs other than damage on a dodging target should be implemented. Not to mention a lot of my guild mates have sold tene's and are switching over to R9's b/c they simply perform better as the game stands right now, that should be more than enough evidence that Tene's are not OP.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Would someone please link a video showing Barkshield negating Tenebrous...?

Thanks in advance.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    srdjana2 wrote: »

lol, did you forget what this thread was originally about? You would think the info Lantis/Roidz provided in here + the dev's implementing a dodge fix and SF fix would be enough of a balance to Tenes. lol, then again, the forum community is the same community that complained about gwfs being terrible for months while a select few who knew how play/think for themselves were running around Sent specced destroying people. Then they buffed gwfs and they become even more overpowered, flash forward a month or so and gwfs are getting nerfed cause now all the baddies that have finally figured out what to do are stomping people everywhere. It's sad that the devs listen to the whiners and know-nothings.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Dodge fix would be more than enough, SF would be way too overused if there was no counter IMO.

It is extremely sad that devs listen to those that don't know the first thing about PvP and want to be on par with someone who's spent 30 mil AD on their character when they have R5's and no weapon/armor enchants.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    gctrl wrote: »
    Then they buffed gwfs and the smart players became even more overpowered. It's sad that the devs listen to the whiners and no-nothings.

Know-nothings.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    really ? thats what you got out of that ? you must really not like us
  • Options
    gannicsgladiatorgannicsgladiator Member Posts: 413 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2013
    for what i ve seen barkshield really absorbs tenes, buti t would be most in the "begin of the match" when you have most of the bolsters and enemy has not used all procs, unless the match dont offer combats all the time. i still think barkshield works great even without tenes tho. as cribs said, i think dodge was an issue.
    but all elements go through deflect, so it would be <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> make tenebrous deflect i think. It would be more of a buff to fighters classes than anything TBH, they would still use tenes, and it would become u seless for others classes....

however, i am not using my tenes on my offense slots to try a new build. I have been enjoying honestly, i got a lot more dmg, and have been doing fine.

but tenes were indeed doing more overal dmg and killing ppl, especially "ppl that like to run", or dying people. but still getting kills.
    1 x 1 with rogues and cw became a bit more challenging TBH. i 1 x 1 one rogue, could won ok, and then he got me in the "2nd 1 x 1" with SE, but most cuz i was stupid and faced him directly on itc many times thing i stopped to care because of tenes.

but i still think make the enchantment useless or weaker than other enchants is wrong for all money and time spent for people aquire those. but well... we will have to see what happens.
    Dovahkiin Gannicus, GWF Sentinel- Enemy Team Guild
    Gannicus Destroyer, GWF Destroyer retired
    Kate Beckinsale NB DC, Link NB GF
    "There is only one way to be a champion..., Never ...ing lose"
  • Options
    edited October 2013

I told you, he's a troll. Go through the past pages and see how many times he says "LS should want this nerf, it will even the playing field, don't you guys want better competition? blah blah..." even though from the very get go the criticism we've laid out has nothing to do with us not wanting better competition in pvp. And even though we've pointed this out to him about... 20 times now, he will continue to reiterate the point, because like I said, he's a troll.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

The irony was too brilliant to pass up. :D
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    yes and just shows your stance and attitude towards the situation, and how you have no intention in bringing anything useful to the table
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The irony was too brilliant to pass up. :D

The last refuge of someone who doesn't have an argument.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    yes and just shows your stance and attitude towards the situation, and how you have no intention in bringing anything useful to the table

I've never really had an issue with Tenebrous.

My problem with them, is I believe that nothing in this game should completely ignore stats. I don't care what sort of damage it is.

If they want to continue to have Tenebrous the way it is. I would ask them to introduce actual PvP gear to combat it. As in gear with resistances, so we can build gear to fight it.

Your going to say use barkshield, or stack rads for more health. Yes. I agree, this does help. But only for the first encounter, then its useless, and Tenebrous continue doing what they do.. This is completely a$$ backwards mechanics.

Let me have actual PvP gear with resistances; Radiant, necrotic, CC % duration, and let us have player made Resistant enchants.

You could have 50 perfect tenebrous for all I care, if they had gear with permanent %increase's with defensive properties.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I've never really had an issue with Tenebrous.

My problem with them, is I believe that nothing in this game should completely ignore stats. I don't care what sort of damage it is.

If they want to continue to have Tenebrous the way it is. I would ask them to introduce actual PvP gear to combat it. As in gear with resistances, so we can build gear to fight it.

Your going to say use barkshield, or stack rads for more health. Yes. I agree, this does help. But only for the first encounter, then its useless, and Tenebrous continue doing what they do.. This is completely a$$ backwards mechanics.

Let me have actual PvP gear with resistances; Radiant, necrotic, CC % duration, and let us have player made Resistant enchants.

You could have 50 perfect tenebrous for all I care, if they had gear with permanent %increase's with defensive properties.

Each damage source takes a charge, so no it doesn't take away the entire barkshield in 1 encounter, it actually blocks the vast majority of Tene damage. Tene's have a 20 sec cd while barkshield replenishes a stack every 8 seconds, you will block more damage than tene's will deal with barkshield.

Of course people that are unwilling to farm or spend to get the best gear want the best gear nerfed, seems logical right?