What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    why can people just play dam game stop worry about little thing that be fix couple month let them cheater play they quiet in couple month

Character whips dont solve nothing. your fault buying a $200 back when you should know there be problem
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Yep, this is exactly what a real development team would do -- "open beta" or otherwise.

C'mon PW: prove to us that you're real developers, & fix these exploits.

Maybe PW doesn't consider it to be an exploit?
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real issue here is why did this thread get to 76 pages with no inkling of a single dev or GM or ANYONE from PWE even posting once?
  • Options
    zaxyllzaxyll Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ban the exploiters or at the minimum confiscate all the exploited stuff from their accounts.

Those who didn't exploit get benefits from the temporary flush to the economy (some cheap purples on the AH) and the exploiters are punished.

Problem solved ... Next.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    Because that cheater is throwing the entire economy of the game into flux. That is ONE person, ONE (1) person, that has pumped over 200 MILLION Astral Diamonds into the market.

How do you figure that? These 200 million astral diamonds came from where exactly?
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »

If PW doesn't think that GFs one-shotting Castle Never bosses is an "exploit" then I'm afraid they don't think at all.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Because that cheater is throwing the entire economy of the game into flux. That is ONE person, ONE (1) person, that has pumped over 200 MILLION Astral Diamonds into the market.

all economy is screw up in mmorpg nothing is perfect even real life economy. if you want to blame someone blame the player not the developers. they are humans as well. it take time to fix error in games if you want perfect game make a perfect human or better yet go to college and learn how to program. everything has holes and glitch and error it part of programming we are here to play. but if you spot a error or glitch you send a feedback ticket
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »

I'm sure the developers intended a single class being able to solo the endgame epic dungeons.

Abusing a bug is exploiting.
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    all economy is screw up in mmorpg nothing is perfect even real life economy. if you want to blame someone blame the player not the developers. they are humans as well. it take time to fix error in games if you want perfect game make a perfect human or better yet go to college and learn how to program
    The original problem is the fault of the players, but it shifted to the devs when they chose to ignore it and complete miss their opportunity to solve this with bans. They've just let it get to a point where a wipe is the only thing that'll fix how broken things have become.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have seen that but that still doesn't explain the 200 million astral diamond figure.

Where is that number coming from? Is that the "theoretical" value of the purple items if they were sold at the start of the week's valuations on the Auction House? If they were sold today, some of those items would get approximately 5,000 AD instead of the 200,000 Astral Diamonds they would have on Saturday.

So, can you explain the 200 million Astral Diamond valuation? Where is that coming from?
  • Options
    colexiancolexian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noosed wrote: »
    you in no way answered the question
    He posed his original point incorrectly.
    He has not "pumped 200 million AD into the economy."
    He has sold so many top tier items that they are virtually worthless and he has amassed a HUGE chunk of the total wealth.(If you know anything about economics, you know why one person controlling the purchasing power is a bad thing. Even in games.)
  • Options
    noosednoosed Member Posts: 247 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The answer and proof you are looking for is in the screenshot, genius.

Oh i wasn't aware the screenshot showed us all 200 million astral diamonds being pumped into the economy, GENIUS.
  • Options
    zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just my 50 cent but No one "pumped 200 Million Astral Diamonds into the Market!" that's simply not true, there is no way to Cheat yourself Astral Diamonds. Just someone who sold a lot of epics to a lot of people and gathered that much AD from other players that way.

Stop spreading false information... thank you!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    The original problem is the fault of the players, but it shifted to the devs when they chose to ignore it and complete miss their opportunity to solve this with bans. They've just let it get to a point where a wipe is the only thing that'll fix how broken things have become.

they can't leave comment when they don't full info. if you leave post say oh it be fix tomorrow. that big fat lie. somone say they found other exploit and they cant shutdown game then they lose money. you know there running a business right?
  • Options
    unirodunirod Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    they can't leave comment when they don't full info. if you leave post say oh it be fix tomorrow. that big fat lie. somone say they found other exploit and they cant shutdown game then they lose money. you know there running a business right?
    if this "business" was building cars we'd all be dead.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I misspoke my point, he pulled 200 million AD out of the market, which he then used to transfer to Zen and sold that to a 3rd party website. Which is devastating to the economy by not only making T2 gear absolutely worthless, but by essentially sticking his hand in PWE's pocket and pulling out around 5000USD.

Please explain how that is devastating to the economy when I could just spend $5000 on zen and then transfer it to AD. Would that ruin the economy as well?
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The people who exploit did cause an imbalance, but the imbalance has nothing to do with pumping in AD (that's a separate issue, and I'm relatively sure there are groups which farm AD using other exploits. Won't mention here, but it's easy to figure out anyway, and entirely related to their F2P system.) The imbalance is firstly likely driving down the value of high end gear from oversupply, secondly likely driving up the value of Zen, also due to oversupply of AD from the first part. Alternatively, with so much Zen, the exploiter could affect the prices of other AH items, making other things overly expensive instead if bought up in mass quantities. Admittedly using some assumptions here.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What I'm saying is these issues were reported a good amount of time ago. GF one shot issue? Server's should've been down asap to disable the set bonus. They've brought them down with minimal notice (during Saturday night primetime even) for less. People doing other exploits? Start tracking it immediately, pulling their Auctions until further review, or just banning them asap. But instead they've done none of these things, and we're at where we are now.
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A full wipe of everyone will never happen, so just forget about it as they would lose customers who were innocent and do not want to be bothered to repeat content already completed.

Cryptic does have the power to modify individual accounts and toons. So let them investigate using their back-end tools and metrics to root out the guilty and punish accordingly and leave those of us innocent of any exploiting alone to continue to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    The people who exploit did cause an imbalance, but the imbalance has nothing to do with pumping in AD (that's a separate issue, and I'm relatively sure there are groups which farm AD using other exploits. Won't mention here, but it's easy to figure out anyway, and entirely related to their F2P system.) The imbalance is firstly likely driving down the value of high end gear from oversupply, secondly likely driving up the value of Zen, also due to oversupply of AD from the first part. Alternatively, with so much Zen, the exploiter could affect the prices of other AH items, making other things overly expensive instead if bought up in mass quantities. Admittedly using some assumptions here.

if you want to fix problem report in the exploiters that how you stop it
  • Options
    baconadventurebaconadventure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I don't think people understand the problem with this. What he's saying is there will be HUGE problems in the future.

If someone is able to farm 5,000$+ worth of zen with a days worth of farming, it's ridiculous. Something has to be done about this, because I want to enjoy this game for what it is. I really like this game, and I would really be sad if it falls under because people are exploiting THOUSANDS of Zen and stuff.

Ppl pls. (Plus it's kind of unfair if they just leave it, and those who amassed all these riches get to be perma-rich forever not having to work for anything. Likely they'll quit, because it'll get boring FAST.)
    Bacon is GOOD,
    LIFE is an Adventure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The exploit has been reported OVER AND OVER. PWE hasn't even acknowledge there is a problem.

i mean Report in the player that do it take screen shot video report them in they get ban for it.

yea we hear player get mad for ban say they didn't exploit forums next
This discussion has been closed.