Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pojzon wrote: »
    Just got random match with some guild run.

They were using this tank exploit. After ive noticed it and asked about it, guess what ? They relog -> tank kicks me out of party and says GL. While loading to enclave -> disconnect. "You have been forcefully disconnected from the server" ?
    Wtf even admins progressing to do it ? Just so shocked.. Same shizzle happened in lineage 2 and guess what your going down <shocked> just wtf is going on Oo?
    huh? I'm sorry maybe english isn't your first language but I can not understand what you just wrote. I think it might be interesting but i really can't follow you.
  • Options
    whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    They won't do a wipe. The game is considered to be released but in a "beta" state.

They've already given out their rewards for pre-orders (early access) plus they've sold a lot of Zen store items. Of course, they could just copy over those purchases to new accounts but that'd be a lot more trouble.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    It's also why you make the second person I've seen that is still willing to play mwo.
    Yeah, My expectations of what will happen to a game are quite fluid cause I am a realist. While it is being built hings will change, some promises will be broken. It is life in general.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013

I got one better. Check this out.

Hopefully no wipes come, I am rather enjoying my god mode.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    This.
    If it was purely an isolated issue I'd have no problem, but it's grown to the point where it's affecting everyone that's playing the game.

At 35th level & mostly soloing through the normal leveling/story content, it's very difficult for me to see how the exploiters are affecting me at all. If I was 60th level & wanting to get BIS gear, I might see things differently, but right now I'm just not seeing this "everyone is worse off" claim.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    ninjasinninjasin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    A character wipe won't happen, mainly because there are many people who have already dumped quite a bit of money into the game, it's been said in other PW games that Zen once purchased and spent can't be refunded...if they were to wipe the servers, PWE would have to go back and check all accounts that have purchased and transferred zen into Neverwinter, this won't happen, more likely a ban of those exploiting the damage bug will happen, its pretty easy to scroll through server logs to see dmg reports and notice millions/billions of dmg being done.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    At 35th level & mostly soloing through the normal leveling/story content, it's very difficult for me to see how the exploiters are affecting me at all. If I was 60th level & wanting to get BIS gear, I might see things differently, but right now I'm just not seeing this "everyone is worse off" claim.

Which is exactly why I said no when I was lvl 55 and say yes now, at 60.
  • Options
    cookjkcookjk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    The game is made to be played like a table top RPG not a MMO. Who gives a **** about anyone level 60 playing this like a MMO. I say "**** Them!" The need to learn how to play games the way they are meant to be played. I am wish I could come up with a campaign to run through that won't be a copy right issue with Piazo myself.

Anyone else leveling has no effect on you as a player unless you are also thinking of this as a MMO and not the type of game it truly is.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ninjasin wrote: »
    A character wipe won't happen, mainly because there are many people who have already dumped quite a bit of money into the game, it's been said in other PW games that Zen once purchased and spent can't be refunded...if they were to wipe the servers, PWE would have to go back and check all accounts that have purchased and transferred zen into Neverwinter, this won't happen, more likely a ban of those exploiting the damage bug will happen, its pretty easy to scroll through server logs to see dmg reports and notice millions/billions of dmg being done.

FYI, they refunded all zen after the closed betas...that is they put the zen back in the player (neverwinter) account
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah right, Ill just need a full refund of AD/Zen bought 120+ bucks worth.
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come on look at these blatant exploits...
    kaydiechi wrote: »
    i know we wont get any character wipes, but can we please get some action taken agianst the exploiters, and some kind of rollback?

i mean look at this, this guy i know, using a damage exploit and a boss bug managed to do this in under an hour LW94B9j.png
    he has spent the last 3 days doing stuff like this nonstop, destroying the economy and amassing riches on a mule character to "hide" his illicit actions.

he's amassed over 200 million ad.... and with no rollback once the zen prices tank he's just going to cashout and sell zen, making hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars.

Good job PWE..

(200 million ad @ 200/zen is 1m zen, thats 10,000$ worth of zen, even at 400 ad per zen which is way more than it goes for now is 5,000$ worth of zen)

This is the best argument for a wipe IMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »

Why?

I mean, yes, I get that making killing bosses a trivial affair is pretty silly and all of that but how does that become an argument for a wipe?

Is it a bad thing that level 60 gear is cheap?
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Clearly, people like myself and you, are asking for hand outs, not the longevity of the servers or games life.

This picture should be more then enough to shut people down.

Ban him? Sure, then what? What about the people who fly under the radar? Spend months finding them? If they find them at all? Waste of time and money.

Fix the issues, clear the servers and reroll.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or... we can just relegate the current shards as legacy, and introduce new, stricter shards.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Clearly, people like myself and you, are asking for hand outs, not the longevity of the servers or games life.

This picture should be more then enough to shut people down.

Ban him? Sure, then what? What about the people who fly under the radar? Spend months finding them? If they find them at all? Waste of time and money.

Fix the issues, clear the servers and reroll.

What's funny is that I honestly don't really care if it's wiped or not. Like a previous poster said, it's not going to affect me in the end anyway, I will get my own gear... I mean... what's the point in playing if I can equip myself in top gear right away from the AH? What do you do then? Stand in PE and look good?

However, there are MAJOR and OBVIOUS bugs/exploits/flaws with the game currently. People one-shotting end-game bosses, people getting to 60 in a day, etc. They need to fix their shiit and then reset it so people can play a game that isn't retardedly broken from the get-go. I'm not so selfish that I feel that MY time playing is worth the entire games' reputation.

It just seems to ME that a wipe is completely warranted at this point. If they don't, well I'm sure the game will go on fine.

Why not do it right from the beginning though?

It's just a game. It's not my life.
  • Options
    datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have new idea, a character wipe with no Zen refund, and no founder pack bonuses, lets see how these people like that ;)

Bring it on Bro ! =P

Just make sure the spider is available in the Zen shop so I can purchase it again when I got the AD to convert in a day or twos time. =)

Game will still be fun Ad will still be easy enough to earn.Didn't need the AD or mount for that matter from the HotN pack the first time round.

bring on the wipe!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have new idea, a character wipe with no Zen refund, and no founder pack bonuses, lets see how these people like that ;)

Sure np, bring it on, reimburse me for all my money spent on my Zen and Founders, let me rebuy my Zen, play for free and just buy what I want from the cash shop.

I have no issue with that one little bit.
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there wont be a reset on launch they stated that and its is beta so good luck, they have asked for feedback so send it to them so they can look at stuff and see how to deal with it
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you can't have 200 million ad, it caps at 100 million fyi, it's an exploit and bad and ruining the economy so people don't need to exaggerate it even worse than it is.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    you can't have 200 million ad, it caps at 100 million fyi, it's an exploit and bad and ruining the economy so people don't need to exaggerate it even worse than it is.

How is the economy ruined by making gear cheap? I'm really curious about this.
  • Options
    robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Probably not a good idea. It is funny though.
    jmerithew wrote: »
    This.
    If it was purely an isolated issue I'd have no problem, but it's grown to the point where it's affecting everyone that's playing the game.

It's not affecting me in the least bit. In fact, I went looking for gear upgrades in the AH this morning, and guess how many I found: 0 Not one piece of blue or better gear that would be an upgrade to my currently equipped green/blue gear at 32. Blanket statements are bad, because all it takes is a couple of people to indicate the fallacy.
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Common sense prevails, I used to think, clearly unless he is spamming it repeatably, then it doesn't warrant a 24 hour ban.

2 times simply doesn't warrant anything. 10 times over and over, yeah now we are talking about ignore lists.

I would assume this would be some kind of automatic banning system. They had a similiar system in GW2 on thier forums, biy did it make alot of people rage quit.

So, to add to your list of what we are allowed to think, we have to use your definition of spam too.

It's the best argument for a ban I've ever seen. But far from the best argument for a wipe. I know my inventory doesn't look anything close to that. So I should have to start over because you think it's a clear indication that I should? That's pretty arrogant, if you ask me. Of course, I realize that you're not asking me, you're telling me what I should think "for my own good".
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whiran wrote: »
    How is the economy ruined by making gear cheap? I'm really curious about this.

because how are people who aren't exploiting things supposed to get ahead at all? make ad to turn to zen so they can get some things without paying cash. I have a few million ad and spend cash so I'm not concerned for me but I can see the problem it will pose for others.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013

Yeah it caps at 100 mil, so all the GF's abusing this exploit sell their AD off to sites and just keep going.
  • Options
    phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    game is fine.

these r no exploits or bugs. pwe call them "feature"!

so stop qq when u dont read the patch notes about these new features!
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because how are people who aren't exploiting things supposed to get ahead at all? make ad to turn to zen so they can get some things without paying cash. I have a few million ad and spend cash so I'm not concerned for me but I can see the problem it will pose for others.

How does other people being better than you affect anything at all? You just want a wipe because some people choose to cheat and ruin their own experience?

You people asking for a wipe because others are doing bad things need to pull your heads out of your asses. It does not affect you in any way, shape, or form. The economy is already BS anyway because you can buy zen with cash and transfer it to AD.
  • Options
    gohlargohlar Member Posts: 73
    edited May 2013
    You need to be a special kind of stupid to think wiping characters at this point would help the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Gold sellers being able to farm endless AD - FOR FREE - and sell them to people via RMT won't affect you? Come back in a month and tell me that after you've been spammed non-stop and your email box fills up daily.

Non-stop gold seller spam in every zone will most certainly affect everyone.

Or is this your first f2p MMO?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

They can buy up the items to get to 'level' the playing field for 5k AD or less an item.

So that means people who don't exploit can catch up almost immediately.

Those who do exploit no longer get any significant reward in terms of AD from it so they don't get ahead.

This is why I'm a little confused as to how this is, necessarily, a bad thing.

I mean from a gameplay mechanics point of view it's ridiculously stupid and silly but from the game's economy point of view is it really a bad thing?
This discussion has been closed.