test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• whiranwhiran Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    Lol so your solution to all this exploiting is to catch up and start exploiting yourself?
    /brilliant!

Anyone who wears 'purple' gear is exploiting in your view?

Or buying things from the Auction House?

As an aside, I didn't propose a solution I was making a point and asking for clarification.
  • thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh no spammed mail the game is ruined!

I never said the game was ruined or anything of the sort. It's ****ing annoying as all hell and completely breaks immersion.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beaghan1 wrote: »
    because how are people who aren't exploiting things supposed to get ahead at all? make ad to turn to zen so they can get some things without paying cash. I have a few million ad and spend cash so I'm not concerned for me but I can see the problem it will pose for others.

The same way they normally would? You know, a little bit at a time. I'm certainly never going to be in the elite rich, and I don't care. I'll be geared out when I get there, if I get there, but in the meantime, I'm doing just fine as I am. No need to exploit, no need to cheat, hell, I didn't even need to transfer my free ADs to the game yet, even though I got some with my Founder's Pack.

Personally, I have other concerns about the game that will determine how long/if I stay. Those include some variety in the classes presented, new classes being presented, handling of exploiters does make the list, they should be banned. None of that involves invalidating the time, as limited as it has been, that I've put into the game so far. It sure doesn't include people telling me what should happen "for my own good", which is one of the themes I can carry away from this thread.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • colexiancolexian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thewonger wrote: »
    I never said the game was ruined or anything of the sort. It's ****ing annoying as all hell and completely breaks immersion.
    "Breaks immersion," says The Wonger.
  • nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Immersion in this game? Seriously?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How many people would leave this game if they did a character wipe? I got to level 52 by doing regular quests and not using any exploit. I would find it very difficult to play this game if my character was wiped and I am sure that most of the people that have got past at least level 40 would be screaming in rage that their level 40+ character was deleted. A character wipe at this point in time when they have said there would be no more character wipes would completely destroy the game. Fixing these exploits and letting the game go on as usual is the only acceptable method.
    edited May 2013
    colexian wrote: »

The name doesn't break the forum immersion at all for me.

Or did you really think that I'd make my forum name the same as a character in-game?
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's not as bad an RP name as you might think. It's akin to "The Wronged One". Or something.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold sellers being able to farm endless AD - FOR FREE - and sell them to people via RMT won't affect you? Come back in a month and tell me that after you've been spammed non-stop and your email box fills up daily.

Non-stop gold seller spam in every zone will most certainly affect everyone.

Or is this your first f2p MMO?

It's evidently yours. The only f2p mmo that I have ever played that didn't have problems with gold spammers was DDO. I don't remember if I saw any in RoM either, but every where else, all bets are off. You see, that's not a problem with exploiters, that's a problem with the spam roaches known as gold sellers that set up what amounts to sweat shops to do just what you're talking about here, farm in game currency to sell. It's been around for a long time, and even P2P MMOs can't get away from them entirely, maybe call Blizzard and ask them about it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    How many people would leave this game if they did a character wipe? I got to level 52 by doing regular quests and not using any exploit. I would find it very difficult to play this game if my character was wiped and I am sure that most of the people that have got past at least level 40 would be screaming in rage that their level 40+ character was deleted. A character wipe at this point in time when they have said there would be no more character wipes would completely destroy the game. Fixing these exploits and letting the game go on as usual is the only acceptable method.
    They also need to keep in mind how many people will leave if the don't do a character wipe. Unless they find an equally effective solution at cleaning up this mess, I'm done playing until they do a wipe
    edited May 2013
    It's evidently yours. The only f2p mmo that I have ever played that didn't have problems with gold spammers was DDO. I don't remember if I saw any in RoM either, but every where else, all bets are off. You see, that's not a problem with exploiters, that's a problem with the spam roaches known as gold sellers that set up what amounts to sweat shops to do just what you're talking about here, farm in game currency to sell. It's been around for a long time, and even P2P MMOs can't get away from them entirely, maybe call Blizzard and ask them about it.
    I think Path of Exile doesn't have gold spammers either, but then again it doesn't have a conventional currency anyway.
  • akrylumakrylum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    imho, so many players have used and abused so many ways to level and cheat their way through to max level and farm millions of ad via exploits and in my eyes, these people have already quit the game.

There should be a full game wipe of all characters once all the issues are fixed and rectified.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?240671-the-question!!!!! Vote please

/agree a lot please reset
  • panos667panos667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guyz i have a question..im new player & i like d&d a lot! does the characters we lvling will be deleted when game anounced & beta will close? ty for your time answering this post ^^
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    They also need to keep in mind how many people will leave if the don't do a character wipe. Unless they find an equally effective solution at cleaning up this mess, I'm done playing until they do a wipe

Can I have your stuff? =)
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only f2p mmo that I have ever played that didn't have problems with gold spammers was DDO.

$OE got rid of almost all "plat spammers" before they took EQ2 F2P, & in a year of playing it after it went F2P, I never once saw a plat spam ad in my mail box or a private tell asking me to buy play money.

By contrast, I pretty regularly saw gold sellers in DDO, but it's been a couple years since I last played it.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • emrendillemrendill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »
    I think Path of Exile doesn't have gold spammers either, but then again it doesn't have a conventional currency anyway.

Yep, no gold in Path of Exile.
  • toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    Just an fyi; money has been spent by customers on the game. When that happens, wipes stop.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyokira wrote: »

lol

POE is RMT central at the moment.Even the top 20 ladder has been called out just this week and by one of its own to boot.

if I log into POE right now I'd probably get a *Hi Friend* PM.
    edited May 2013
    Just an fyi; money has been spent by customers on the game. When that happens, wipes stop.
    They could just reset the Zen +items back to the account and make them available after the wipe...

It can be done but will it (being a wipe)?

Probably not.
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akrylum wrote: »
    /agree a lot please reset

That says half the population on the current POLL would quit. If that is the numbers when it finishes do you really think the devs would reroll the game and say "cya" to half its population, half of the people buying Keys, purchasing ZEN for dyes, respecs... just say its all good...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • colexiancolexian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry friends and fellow players, a total wipe ~WILL NOT~ happen.
    This is PWE we are talking about.
    They have well documented reactions to these issues.
    What they will do is attempt to profit as much as possible from the sinking ship before they jump off.
    In the following weeks as the number of players of this game plummets, we will see them add more and more interesting and powerful p2w items to the cash shop and start running promotions that give better deals for digital items of no intrinsic value.
    This is how PWE has always been.

Get ready for double purchased ZEN weekend madness!!!
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shahualing wrote: »
    On the other hand, half the population will probably leave if they don't do a wipe. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

BUT given PWE's track record, they will do...absolutely nothing about this. I doubt they will even acknowledge it.

Yea its a double edged sword. With such an amazing IP I hope they smooth things over time and we can just look back on T2 and be like wow that sucked really bad but im glad T3-T6 was much smoother.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PWE doesn't even care. Hate me if you will, but think about how any serious developer (Blizzard) would have handled this situation.
    GF bug? Pull the plug on the servers - with 5 minutes notice.
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.
    edited May 2013
    What they will do is attempt to profit as much as possible from the sinking ship before they jump off.
    In the following weeks as the number of players of this game plummets, we will see them add more and more interesting and powerful p2w items to the cash shop and start running promotions that give better deals for digital items of no intrinsic value.

This is the unfortunate truth.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaaso189 wrote: »
    PWE doesn't even care. Hate me if you will, but think about how any serious developer (Blizzard) would have handled this situation.

Yep, this is exactly what a real development team would do -- "open beta" or otherwise.

C'mon PW: prove to us that you're real developers, & fix these exploits.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    vaaso189 wrote: »

Not true. They took longer than 5 minutes to react to a similar bug in D3.
  • chewbydoobychewbydooby Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Something tells me you are 100% correct.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    why can people just play dam game stop worry about little thing that be fix couple month let them cheater play they quiet in couple month

Character whips dont solve nothing. your fault buying a $200 back when you should know there be problem
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    Yep, this is exactly what a real development team would do -- "open beta" or otherwise.

C'mon PW: prove to us that you're real developers, & fix these exploits.

Maybe PW doesn't consider it to be an exploit?
    edited May 2013
    The real issue here is why did this thread get to 76 pages with no inkling of a single dev or GM or ANYONE from PWE even posting once?
This discussion has been closed.