Install Arc
Options

Game needs a full Character Wipe.

Comments

• Options
    phillight86phillight86 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    66 pages, 652 results in this topic.

Not a single Answer from a dev, mod or sb else...

I saved so many stuff to sell it later, when the price get normal. but today was the first day i logged in... was borred... and logged off. now i sittin here in the forums and hope some of the pwe company or says a single word to all this...

i mean i need input now. cuze im 1 step ahead to ride to another game.... but i like nwo so much... dont wanna leave... but all these exploits...

i used the foundry exploit myself. but i deleted my 2 lvl 60 chars... cuze i skilled them wrong :)

but these "lol boss 1 hit" and other exploits are a different number...

still hopin pwe say something...
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    people saying the HOTN founders ruined the economy???? Sh*t.. we started the economy. We paid $200 for the online stuff, including the 2 mil in AD. Whats the difference in you buying zen and trading it for AD? nothing, thats what.

It's interesting that you bring it up. If no one had paid for 2 mil AD, what would AH prices have looked like?

You paid PWE for the privilege of making sure prices started out high. What they didn't count on, by the looks of things, was the supply of exploited epics.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    You seriously can't be this dumb.
    Seriously dude enough is enough with your blatant and condescending attitude
    Grow up.

Hey pot ... this is kettle .... you're black!!!

As stated by numerous people in this thread ... character wipes, means they won't return to the game. Let PW do their jobs instead of punishing a million people who played this game legitimately.
  • Options
    jmerithewjmerithew Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As stated by numerous people in this thread ... character wipes, means they won't return to the game. Let PW do their jobs instead of punishing a million people who played this game legitimately.
    If you've read through most of the replies in this thread, alot of those people have changed their toon to being ok with resets, with how long this has been allowed to run rampant.
  • Options
    sirkimjongsirkimjong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    jmerithew wrote: »
    If you've read through most of the replies in this thread, alot of those people have changed their toon to being ok with resets, with how long this has been allowed to run rampant.

Aye, as stated earlier. I'm one of those.

i'd MUCH rather play to 60 for another 2 weeks than NOT enjoy this game for months to come.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sirkimjong wrote: »
    Aye, as stated earlier. I'm one of those.

i'd MUCH rather play to 60 for another 2 weeks than NOT enjoy this game for months to come.
    Though I didn't start posting in this thread until today, I had heard rumblings of people wanting resets and I had originally disagreed with it as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Though I didn't start posting in this thread until today, I had heard rumblings of people wanting resets and I had originally disagreed with it as well.

Which is logical I guess. You've put time and effort into getting where you are now.

With the speed of lvl-ing, the ruined economy and the amount of AFK-PVP-ers, i'd rather have cryptic hitting the banstick, the reset stick and giving me an enjoyable time.
  • Options
    zenraijzenraij Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    before anything happens, they need to fix the issues first.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zenraij wrote: »
    before anything happens, they need to fix the issues first.

Ofcourse. A reset without any fixes would mean exit for me.
  • Options
    balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a million people who played this game legitimately.

Try mere thousands... "Milions" haha good one.
  • Options
    orangerascalorangerascal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Like I said good luck with that.

Let me leave you with these tweets:
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/330623095163461632
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/statuses/329280193627844609
    https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/statuses/330444833753812993

Good luck with your campaign of making a million legitimate players miserable. :cool:
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Good luck with your campaign of making a million legitimate players miserable. :cool:

Are you happy with the state the game is in?
  • Options
    pzzdachupzzdachu Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You know the players of MWO were promised no coolant flush. Not only is there coolant flush but there is cash versions. Just saying today's promise is not always kept.
    Allow me to introduce myself, I am P'zzd Achu.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013

For the most part, yes, & the things with which I'm unhappy will not be fixed by a character wipe.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Fix the exploits, wipe everything. Everyone starts fresh with all the zen and packages that they ever bought. Would be very good for the game but it would also cause a massive outrage and be just an overall PR nightmare. I will be very impressed if they do it but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

More than likely the will fix exploits and ban some people. They will probably take their time with it too. Then over time things stabilize as gear becomes easier to come by anyway and emphasis transitions to the enchants. Overall economic damage is very hard to judge without knowing some actual numbers.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Yes because I don't let others dictate how I have fun. I don't care that the person who spams general chat has 14000 GS or 40 trillion AD.

Jealousy is ugly.
  • Options
    balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Any one whos sane enough. Is not happy with state of the game. Over inflation of AD, Gold inflation. Bots everywhere. People having 10+ accounts x2 chars botting daily quests to make thousands upon thousands of AD. Bots at shrine at PE praying for AD (yeah you think it's not much but add hundreds of accounts there and you'll see amount)

AD is over inflated don't even want to mention people exploiting boss kills and doing solo runs to maximize profit. Even as a legit player with 5 man premades you can run: never dungeon and still make crazy amounts of AD...

They had really great ideas for this game but the way they implemented them sucked big time. But thats what you get when your eyes hunger for more.

But hey at least in game Admins are doing their job and banning people like myself because I wrote 2 times in a row "LFM t2 need tank and cleric- fast runs". 24 hour suspension, well played PW well played.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I have new idea, a character wipe with no Zen refund, and no founder pack bonuses, lets see how these people like that ;)
  • Options
    thewongerthewonger Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    people saying the HOTN founders ruined the economy???? Sh*t.. we started the economy. We paid $200 for the online stuff, including the 2 mil in AD. Whats the difference in you buying zen and trading it for AD? nothing, thats what.

Not at all. The HOTN and Guardians aren't the issue. People have exploited HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of AD with little effort. That's the main issue. Cash shop bots will be spamming us anytime now.
  • Options
    isaiahlee1972isaiahlee1972 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    No big deal guyz. Go roll a GF, get your set, and solo anything you want! Plenty of groups in zone looking for GF's and DC's for boss rush groups. So if you are one of those two classes, join me in flooding the AH with T3 epics!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No big deal guyz. Go roll a GF, get your set, and solo anything you want! Plenty of groups in zone looking for GF's and DC's for boss rush groups. So if you are one of those two classes, join me in flooding the AH with T3 epics!

Can you get me an orb in beholder please. Cheap epics are always a good thing.
  • Options
    taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yes because I don't let others dictate how I have fun. I don't care that the person who spams general chat has 14000 GS or 40 trillion AD.

Jealousy is ugly.

Except its grown alot bigger then simply being regulated to something as trivial as the economy.

Core content and game design is being adjusted because of it, wake up, it has already begun to punish you on a different level which you chose to not acknowledge for what ever reasons be your own, it doesn;t cover up the fact that it is now effecting *EVERYONES* gaming experience.
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    balthezore wrote: »
    Any one whos sane enough. Is not happy with state of the game. Over inflation of AD, Gold inflation. Bots everywhere. People having 10+ accounts x2 chars botting daily quests to make thousands upon thousands of AD. Bots at shrine at PE praying for AD (yeah you think it's not much but add hundreds of accounts there and you'll see amount)

AD is over inflated don't even want to mention people exploiting boss kills and doing solo runs to maximize profit. Even as a legit player with 5 man premades you can run: never dungeon and still make crazy amounts of AD...

They had really great ideas for this game but the way they implemented them sucked big time. But thats what you get when your eyes hunger for more.

But hey at least in game Admins are doing their job and banning people like myself because I wrote 2 times in a row "LFM t2 need tank and cleric- fast runs". 24 hour suspension, well played PW well played.

Shouldn't double post then. 24 hour ban happens automatically when enough people put you on ignore. I place every double poster on ignore, as it kills my chat window.
  • Options
    musashinokamimusashinokami Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    to OP :
    What more to say : beta privilege bugs come with exploits and abuses... and I'm not even an exploiter, I'm just playing since a few days.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pzzdachu wrote: »
    You know the players of MWO were promised no coolant flush. Not only is there coolant flush but there is cash versions. Just saying today's promise is not always kept.

It's also why you make the second person I've seen that is still willing to play mwo.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't see how the "sky is falling" argument that is being presented by many in this thread is constructive at all. The issues that we've seen since the launch of open beta will be fixed and forgotten months from now, and there won't be the hemorrhaging of players (outside of the typical players that play a new MMO and quit a few weeks later) that the doomsayers are predicting. If you like the game, relax and enjoy it, and everything will work itself out. I, for one, am looking forward to a few months from now when the community is a lot more enjoyable without the vocal minority who like to turn every issue they find into some apocalyptic, life-altering problem.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Except its grown alot bigger then simply being regulated to something as trivial as the economy.

Core content and game design is being adjusted because of it, wake up, it has already begun to punish you on a different level which you chose to not acknowledge for what ever reasons be your own, it doesn;t cover up the fact that it is now effecting *EVERYONES* gaming experience.
    This.
    If it was purely an isolated issue I'd have no problem, but it's grown to the point where it's affecting everyone that's playing the game.
  • Options
    pojzonpojzon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just got random match with some guild run.

They were using this tank exploit. After ive noticed it and asked about it, guess what ? They relog -> tank kicks me out of party and says GL. While loading to enclave -> disconnect. "You have been forcefully disconnected from the server" ?
    Wtf even admins progressing to do it ? Just so shocked.. Same shizzle happened in lineage 2 and guess what your going down <shocked> just wtf is going on Oo?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kilo418 wrote: »
    Shouldn't double post then. 24 hour ban happens automatically when enough people put you on ignore. I place every double poster on ignore, as it kills my chat window.

Common sense prevails, I used to think, clearly unless he is spamming it repeatably, then it doesn't warrant a 24 hour ban.

2 times simply doesn't warrant anything. 10 times over and over, yeah now we are talking about ignore lists.

I would assume this would be some kind of automatic banning system. They had a similiar system in GW2 on thier forums, biy did it make alot of people rage quit.
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
This discussion has been closed.