Post your real life picture!

Comments

• Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    e0ca45e1311a0ba2946644aefec0330b1364588116.jpg

Me not wanting to show me uglyness.

d908b3543932b2f9889ecde122c469331364588133.jpg

Me and wife back when we played EQ1(OH ME LOVE SOME EQ) and I was in the Navy

852752aad1d61cfed767e8250314db241364588157.jpg

Me before Xmas, Had a Zombies ate my Presents play, Me, and brother in-law made. I was wolverine lol

c31cdf286854df5e83aef1593b7bf3111364588475.jpg

And this is me and brother in-law, his grandma's 80th Bday a month ago. Yeah we had some beers and thats him touching me... I had an itch. Figured I would put my wife and her brother here since they both be playing also. His son and my son are playing too, but we can't be having them exposed to the forums. I mean there is weird-Os here... what? I'm not weird I talking about you! lol j/k
  • Options
    zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    You'd get along with him great. He's really easy to get along with. He hates BS artists, but a guy like you who tells it like it is (I love the Prince/Strip Bar line by the way), would get along famously with him. I'd have loved to work with Lenny Kravitz, especially if he brought a bag! :)

Definately...I'll never forget when Slash stole the stage from Michael Jackson at the MTV awards I think it was. I was like...\m/ hell yeah!!!!

See you guys monday!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    57214b0aeede12798fc713167dbdddf91364590723.jpg
    Sorry becoming a picture hog, had to post one more of our halloween party. Steakfry at the boys school, won best custom, and best dancer! Just dance has been paying off! Oh me wife was a cute little fairy then I poisioned her!!! she in mid change. Thats all I'll post till I find something cool again.
  • Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is seriously the best thread ever. Much kudos to juumiller for starting it.

I love all the pics people, keep em coming!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    iaughteriaughter Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Me and wife back when we played EQ1(OH ME LOVE SOME EQ) and I was in the Navy

When were you in the Navy and is that a sub? My husband was on a sub in the Navy. :D
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited March 2013
    kimonagi wrote: »

Bauhaus is still my all time favorite.

They were one of my favorites for a long time! Crowds, Ziggy Stardust, In the Flat Field & of course, Bela Lugosi's Dead...& so many others. Ahh, haven't listened to them in ages...gotta dig around find that CD.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    iaughter wrote: »
    When were you in the Navy and is that a sub? My husband was on a sub in the Navy. :D

That's the USS Pennsylvania, I was on it from like 1999 to 2004, was in total of 10years. My son was born then I had to get out. No more 3 to 6month deployments for me. I was stationed, in Groton, CT. Kingsbay GA, and also La madalana Italy. Had a good time in the Navy the friends you make is amazing. Me and wife got to travel a bunch of Europe also being over in Italy.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Here's my aquatic familiars:

baby_fish_10-08-2012_03-1.jpg
    This is my main tank, a 40 gallon-wide economy size tank. It currently has three adult goldfish and two newly placed in baby goldfish that finally got large enough to to not be eaten by their parents... The white/gold one suffered dropsy and passed away a couple months ago. I tried to get a better picture just now but my camera wasn't cooperating. I'll try again over the weekend to get good pics of the fish.

goldtank001.jpg
    Here's another to give you a size reference.

The names of the large ones:
    Black Moor (6" male, adult) is Elminster
    Black Moor (3.5" female, adult) is Midnight
    Black Moor (1" unsexed, baby) is (not named)
    Chocolate Fan-tail (1" unsexed, baby) is (not named)
    Golden Fan-tail (5" female, adult) is Q

babytank001.jpg
    This is the baby goldfish tank, a 10 gallon. These all are between 5-8 weeks old (two batches). There are 9 in here now.. I was only able to save a small portion of the eggs from the main tank. Out of them, about 20 babies were born and put in here, a few died and the largest two were just put in the main tank with their parents.

betatank001.jpg
    This is my 35 gallon, short but tall Tetra Tank. It houses two Austrailian Rainbow River tetras (a 6" male and a 4" female, the female is hiding). It also has an 8" common plecasomus and a 5" Lace Catfish (aptly named Zeb - these were improperly imported into the states thinking they were a plecaso species, the upside-down catfish, but in fact they are a true Catfish.. so I had to take him out of my Goldfish tank (he tried to eat them) and put him in with the speedy tetras. The large plecaso keeps him in line.

I haven't given the Tetra's names yet nor the large plecaso as they were given to me by my sister who hasn't named them yet either, before she moved back down to Florida. I won't be naming the babies yet either until I decide which one I am keeping, the rest are either being donated to my favorite marine shop (the black moors) and my friend's summer pond (the fan-tails - when they get large enough to not be eaten by their Koi and other Fancy Golds).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Nice tanks Zeb, I should post me cats and fish too. Got a 55 gallon I dumped my boys old sand box sand in it lol can't belive it worked. Well the fish havn't died and had it going for a year. Its really the wifes I set it all up and suprised her with it last april for her birthday.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't able to fit this one, but this is how I surf the web and play Neverwinter Online:

my_pc_setup01.jpg

The TV is on my desktop (and the widescreen on the floor on the bottom left). I only set up the widescreen monitor when I want to do something and watch TV. The smaller monitor on the wall is connected to my crappy lap-top that is only used to run skype.

infrmsmodn.jpg
    Baby Little Ra helping Admin Stratics back in the day... :D

morlols.jpg
    And the culptit behind my LOLCats...
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome shots of the aquariums!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    goldtank001.jpg

So this is the nerd who's been deleting mah posts!

Because you keep fish, you're forgiven. I used to be an enthusiast like you. You got some nice tanks there. Now I just keep my seahorse/pipefish tank.

49010398218854083793n.jpg

The seahorses are hiding, they're normally sleeping right now. One is sticking his head out behind the rock in the back. The african pipe is apparently trying to hide in the glass seam. I would take another but I'm far too lazy to bother.

Seriously though, good tanks. Keep up the good work. Too many people don't appreciate the time and effort it takes to keep fish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    So this is the nerd who's been deleting mah posts!

Because you keep fish, you're forgiven. I used to be an enthusiast like you. You got some nice tanks there. Now I just keep my seahorse/pipefish tank.

49010398218854083793n.jpg

The seahorses are hiding, they're normally sleeping right now. One is sticking his head out behind the rock in the back. The african pipe is apparently trying to hide in the glass seam. I would take another but I'm far too lazy to bother.

Seriously though, good tanks. Keep up the good work. Too many people don't appreciate the time and effort it takes to keep fish.

Thanks! Yeah, I never realised just how well I was keeping my tanks until three different goldfish experts praised me for my goldfish having laid eggs twice now. I am told that it is extremely hard to get Goldfish to breed in residential tanks, that they need impeccable conditions that rival nature herself to breed, eggs get fertilized, and have babies survive.

It wasn't easy though, trying to get the biological filter and beneficial bacteria to stabalize and stop blooming was a pain. Just finally got my Tetra tank stable too. Now, the bio filter and filter media do most of the work, needing to only do water changes once, maybe twice a month.

In the interim, I just add freshly treated water to make up for evaporation (house is really dry, so water evaporates fast, as seen in the tetra pic). This seems to stop the need for additional changes for the month. Prior, I was doing small changes every week to try and get the biological goodness (and badness) to stabilize. A lot of my plants are fabric so they also serve as part of the bio filter. I tell ya, those sponge filters are great. It wasn't until after I got one for each tank that they began to stabilize. I just needed a stable place for the bio to grow and do its work, I guess.

Your tank is frakking awesome! I have always wanted an octagonal tank and well as a salt-water tank.
  • Options
    sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would just like to add...I am on the blizzard website. :-P

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/media/photos/blizzcon-2007/costumes?view#/costume-general085

costume-general085-large.jpg
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • Options
    elawynelawyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well, since we are talking about first experiences with computers, I think I might be the oldest.

1976 - 1980. Mainframe operations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Computers_Limited ICL 1901T up to 78 and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICL_2904 a 2904 after that.

Early 1980's had a Ti99 micro, and a BBC micro. Wrote a dial up terminal program for the BBC micro in 6502 assembler and gave it away to the world.

1980 through around 1999, General Electric Information Services (GEIS, now GXS), analyst/programmer/database designer. In spare time, beta tester on GEnie as well as doing a few 'unpaid tasks. (Yes, I worked with Bill and spent way too much time of the SFRT there chatting with Jerry Pournelle and others).

MMO's? First played those on the internal GE network. Spacewar. Running on a TI mini front end and a Honeywell back-end across the GE network, internationally, circa 84 or so.

88 - 93, ran a Fidonet BBS hub

Since 2001, been the lead database designer/knowledge architect for a fortune 50 company, primarily focused on pharmaceutical safety systems, Hipaa transactions, privacy and so on.

Posted a pic way back a bit, here's a few more in no particular order.

brunette3.jpg

blondeearring.jpg

dec312007-2.jpg

Yes, I have a familiar..

formortai.jpg

Those of you looking closely, yes, I am trangendered, please keep any derogatory comments to yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just love anyone with an Orange Tabby! I was always told how big of a personality they have but never fully understood until I found my familiar. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I thought I was cool because I had an Apple IIe, but elawyn has me beat by miles!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013

To a previous poster, Pantera are amazing, and also just an amazing show live. Dimebag Darrell's ending was tragic. We lost a great artist. We got drunk backstage once drinking Yaegermeister. Man he could he hold his liquor! I, on the other hand, could not. I worked with Dime and his brother and both were amazing, great people, fun to party with but also consummate professionals.

So, what's the inside scoop... will Phil and Vinny mend their differences and have a reunion??!! I think Zakk Wylde would definitely be on the short-list of axemen that I wouldn't mind standing in for Dimebag.
  • Options
    iaughteriaughter Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got ballsy and added teal in my hair yesterday. :3

8pcFaQ3.jpg
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Iaughter, puttin on a very cool look!

Zeb, thx for the fish pics. We have a 120 w/ ciclid /bunches of clown, Yoyo loaches, two 40s tetras/ sissortail rasboras, a 30,w. buffalo head ciclid nursery with 35 babies (soon to be replaced with a 60 cube), 42 tall brackish tank with spotted puffers and a big Archerfish that spits! 5 gallon with Belieze Swordtails and rummynose tetras, 20 w/ red and koi swordtail nursery, 2 50 gallon outside container ponds w/ whiteclouds, minnows goldfish and crawdads, a 400 gallon turtle -minnow pond and a 1000 gallon koi/goldfish pond.
    I see what looks like a C02 emitter for plants? I have learned a little and now wrapped fishing line around drift wood and slide in Java fern for decoration. The fishing line goes on semi-loose and tightens up when adding the live plants. Cool thing is the line disappears undewater.
    I built this arch to the pond area that is being tested by one of the bengals. Its now completely covered in white flower vines.
    [IMG][/img]gardenarch010.jpg
  • Options
    trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Thanks! Yeah, I never realised just how well I was keeping my tanks until three different goldfish experts praised me for my goldfish having laid eggs twice now. I am told that it is extremely hard to get Goldfish to breed in residential tanks, that they need impeccable conditions that rival nature herself to breed, eggs get fertilized, and have babies survive.

That's actually really impressive. I've yet to have any fry survive but they breed non-stop. The sea horses I mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    iazoo wrote: »
    So, what's the inside scoop... will Phil and Vinny mend their differences and have a reunion??!! I think Zakk Wylde would definitely be on the short-list of axemen that I wouldn't mind standing in for Dimebag.

Sadly I have no inside scoop, my record company went bust and I lost touch with everyone way back in 1998. Zakk is very talented though, I know that much!

Thought I'd keep sharing, on the "nerd credentials" front, I thought I'd offer this:
    BookShelf.jpg

That's just a small sample of course, actually most of my RP books are boxed up in the garage.

Also I don't do fish, but my wife and I are avid bird watchers. This is a Cooper's Hawk that graced our backyard for several weeks last summer. He was an adept hunter, a juvenile and we hear they like to come back to places they hunted before, so we hope to see him again a few months:
    Cooper.jpg

This is just a Flicker, but I liked the composition of it, so I thought I'd share it. We saw about 50 different species in our backyard last year:
    Flick.jpg

Finally, if you really want to understand me or get to know me, you must watch and understand this great film:
    Film2.jpg
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    waterdhavianwaterdhavian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I always enjoy watching pictures and reading the stories of the people where i share a game with.

Zebular, i had a whole different picture in my head of you.
    Funny how you can be so wrong about that ^^

I got married in may last year so this is me and my (now 2 year old) son!

485550_10150867546448149_1278292496_n.jpg

This is the Triumph Spitfire that i was able to borrow from a family friend to pick my wife up for our ceremony:

285762_10150867486598149_967181640_n.jpg

And this is my son and myself in the same car:

525843_10150867548108149_451975782_n.jpg

How great it is that they have a suit for a 2 year old :D
    I did not put all of it on him, but gotta love the tie.

I'm 28 from the Netherlands, for those who might have recognized the license plate on the cars.
  • Options
    savadioussavadious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I thought I was cool because I had an Apple IIe, but elawyn has me beat by miles!

Elawyn has us all beat by miles ... and after seeing her pic with the tabby.... and that +3 longbow I just wonder how many hit dice she has....

for informational purposes only.... RESPECT THE LONGBOW ! RESPECT THE BOW ! :p

Well I hopped on the bandwagon at her ti99 step... but I had a brand new "STATE OF THE ART" (eeew how I hate that term... as it was probably also used to describe horse driven carriages.... I cringe at thinking they have the same tech we have today) TRS-80 model 100 and did online gaming via compuserve and DJNS.. as a SF bay area pre-teen - lol...

Beta tested Neverwinter on my vic20 or C-64 as a kid also... the internet was expensive but old ISP's would give X hours free for new signups... so each week I had to sign up again and roll a new character to keep playing for free... otherwise it was about $1 to $3 per HOUR ! lol (too much for a 12 yr old back then)

Anyhowz.. heres my pic... sry I dont have any cool cosplay pix like others have here....

389524_10150346270891517_1041498336_n.jpg

..and yes... you did see the logo on my sunglasses correctly :cool:

Heres my son.. he will be in Neverwinter also... as seen here... he is already a gamer...

cssleeping_zps64b0cddd.jpg

I edited out the name of the game he fell asleep holding - to be compatible with this forum... (after HE was first in line to buy it on launch day). Im hoping Neverwinter can reduce his desire to use +3 Longbows at such a young age... its either cartoons or online gaming... not too many other choices when you LITERALLY live in a jungle (somewhere in the Philippines).

PS... its sooo nice that PWE sells ZEN cards at almost every corner store here... that... just makes our life to much easier..
    :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That Triumph Spitfire is killer and may just win the entire thread!

And what is it about children sleeping that seems poetic and beautiful? I know I have to bite my lip whenever I see my kids asleep to stop myself from tearing up!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And what is it about children sleeping that seems poetic and beautiful? I know I have to bite my lip whenever I see my kids asleep to stop myself from tearing up!

^^ This ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since we're posting wedding pics with cool cars, here's a pic from my wedding. We live in the US but got married in Ireland, where she has family.

2331_1075345892283_8650_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    iazoo wrote: »
    Since we're posting wedding pics with cool cars, here's a pic from my wedding. We live in the US but got married in Ireland, where she has family.

2331_1075345892283_8650_n.jpg

Cool, nice pick. I been to dublin, had to visit me favorite beer factory.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    heres another pic of me from a while back

426639_3475262724077_1422382039_n.jpg
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Even cooler than the car in my opinion was the old church you are in front of! What a cool place to get married, great history and class there I am sure!
    BalarSig103B.jpg