test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your real life picture!

Comments

• iazooiazoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    marenor wrote: »
    Ahh, the memories of the first computers people used. I am a bit older which allows for earlier adoption of technology. Cassette cartridge memory devices, making the ball bounce and change colours on what predates a commodore 64 and measuring transfer rates in baud are some of my favourites. For me the sound codes sent by early modems and fax machines bring back the kind of memories that the carbon smell does for kwsapphire. I remember the internet before browsers, was lucky enough to be in University as the technology was developed and had access to a Gateway. The fond memories of code lines to interact with computers. And for the "Get off my lawn" portion of the memories, I still prefer DOS to GUIs. The nightmares of fixing broken Excel sheets is well known to me, my favourites were when the macros failed to survive the updates to Excel. Thank you for the memories everyone.

And now back to the topic at hand. I am travelling right now and lack access to any pictures that may be present in a digital format of me. I am also quite skilled at being somewhere else when pictures are being taken. So I will take a look when I return to see if there is one that is new enough to not be a deception and not blurred from my finger be extended towards a camera to distort the focus.

It is nice to put a face to some of the posters in the forums.

"Bah, what magic is this that drew me out of position lurking safely in the background" the dwarf laughs (bwahaha)

Ha, I remember those cassette drives. We had one for our TI 99/4A. My dad use to spend hours entering code to play his text-based games... one was about vampires, another was about pirates... I never had the patience for that. The TI also took game cartridges, so I stuck to TI Invaders (complete Space Invaders ripoff, haha) and Face Maker. Good times. :)
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I finally had a chance to get a few files uploaded so I can share here! I'm going to post links instead of the actual photos, otherwise the post would get really big (and I'd probably make some people mad). So without further ado...

The Creighton's Diet Coke and Mentos Experiment Video
    Warnings: It's a low quality video, I am fairly inebriated in it, and my uncle swears (G__ D___) so if any of that offends you, don't watch. The video isn't anything super special, but I had family that hadn't seen any of the Diet Coke/Mentos fountain videos, so we set up a home demonstration. That's my mom who assists me in the video, and you can hear my dad, aunt, and uncle behind the camera.

Christmas 2011 - Football on the Beach
    Actually it was the day after Christmas, but anyway. It wasn't the sunniest or warmest of days, but it was nice enough to go to the beach and play some football! (That's me and my dad in the photo.) And yes, I play with a smaller sized football. I have small hands, okay? :P

My Familiars
    Sorry, I personally don't like cats, and much prefer dogs. These are my two children, the red poodle is a male named Zeus, and the blue chihuahua is a female named Dezi.

Me, at age 10-11
    I don't have any older photos of myself (they're all at my parents' house). I know I was around 10 or 11, because I was still wearing my bionator (it's like a one-piece retainer).

Ski Clothes
    I'm a Floridian who has had very little exposure to snow. When my friend and I decided to go to France to go skiing, I decided I wanted the full-on ski outfit. Apparently some people just scotch-guard a bunch of jeans and stuff, but I was like "Ohhh no. No. I do not want to be cold and wet, I want to be warm, I am getting ski clothes." But living in FL I don't get a lot of chance to wear them. And what colors do you think I chose? Guess, I dare you!

Worst Hiding Spot Ever
    Nuff said.
    qtPt2I
  • ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I love how this thread features people who post photo themselves visiting the Met! Now THAT'S cool.

I see so much willingness to share here, I feel compelled to do the same.

I have very few photos of me as a kid. Actually a whole bunch was lost a while back and the few that there are my Mum won't let go of! I do have something that is very LOL though, this is me back in 1996. I look like a stinkin pirate!

I am cool with that, but only a little. I mean its cooler than a ninja. Because we all know pirates>ninjas. And both of them are cooler than Chuck Norris, who lets face it, is just a homophobe in bad toupee.

This was when I was running my own record company, so I was trying to look like a "cool" record executive, but wound up looking like a nerd who wished he was a buccaneer. Gotta post stuff that makes you look dorky! Part of the fun right?

We made three albums back then, and I got to work with members of Pantera, RATT, Guns & Roses, KISS, Presidents of the United States, Soundgarden, The Fastbacks and other musicians, good times...
    RygerPirate.jpg

Also, since the topic shifted to "early adoption" of both personal computers and the internet, the discussion brought back memories of this famous cartoon:
    Beware.jpg

Also since we're showing off pets, here's my mutt. He's a rescue dog, of very mixed pedigree. He's named Figgins, named after one of my favorite Warcraft characters:
    Figgy.jpg

He's a very loyal, very intelligent dog, most mutts are. He just seems grateful to be alive every single day and I learn a lot from him because of that!

Finally, one more fairly recent photo of me, doing what I do best, drinking Guinness!
    Me22.jpg
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    RATT was a Canadian band wasn't it? ummm, I think from London Ontario?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    <--- That's me in Game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
    edited March 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    I have very few photos of me as a kid. Actually a whole bunch was lost a while back and the few that there are my Mum won't let go of! I do have something that is very LOL though, this is me back in 1996. I look like a stinkin pirate!
    [...]
    Also since we're showing off pets, here's my mutt. He's a rescue dog, of very mixed pedigree. He's named Figgins, named after one of my favorite Warcraft characters:

I love the "pirate" pic! Pirates are more awesome than almost everything! :D

And, your dog is beautiful!
    qtPt2I
  • kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited March 2013
    8cd57a59-8e2e-4479-a7e9-f5c1a128a548_zps2a309d99.jpg

When posting my other pics in this thread, neglected to show off my favorite familiar of all time. When I was on my p.c & playing games --and not giving her attention -- she'd nip me on the side of my hip then run away. Over and over again 'til I gave her some lovin'.

Totally hated having her picture taken....she'd *itch me out for a half an hour afterward -- with her "pissed off" meow.

Ahh, I miss her bad attitude!

R.I.P. Grumpy the Cat. :(
    edited March 2013
    musty wrote: »
    RATT was a Canadian band wasn't it? ummm, I think from London Ontario?

Nope, Los Angeles, part of the dozens of "glam" bands that came out of the L.A. during that really awful era in the 80's. Basically record companies signed every "wanna be Van Halen" band they could find off the Hollywood strip.

I got to work with Juan Croucier, the bass player. He's actually an incredibly intelligent man with a great work ethic. I worked with him at his place, where he had a small studio and a cool house that had peacocks in the backyard.

Their biggest "hit" was this, which was a complete riff off the Panama riff from Van Halen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    BTW Thanks Moderators for posting your pics. We are missing a few devs and ahem...truthseeker!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    BTW Thanks Moderators for posting your pics. We are missing a few devs and ahem...truthseeker!

I didnt see Bubba post pics either.

Squez has had some before, and we have posted some of Craig
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trickshawtrickshaw Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    002wa.jpg

I ain't skeered.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    002wa.jpg

I ain't skeered.

Great photo! More please! :D
    qtPt2I
  • juumillerjuumiller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since people started to show of their pets, here's my little sweetheart :)
    [IMG][/img]IMAG0121.jpg
    respect.jpg
    edited March 2013
    juumiller wrote: »
    Since people started to show of their pets, here's my little sweetheart :)
    IMAG0121.jpg

SQUEEE! SO CUTE! *rolls on the floor and plays with the doggies* DOGGIES! :D
    qtPt2I
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I love how this thread features people who post photo themselves visiting the Met! Now THAT'S cool.

I see so much willingness to share here, I feel compelled to do the same.

I am cool with that, but only a little. I mean its cooler than a ninja. Because we all know pirates>ninjas. And both of them are cooler than Chuck Norris, who lets face it, is just a homophobe in bad toupee.

This was when I was running my own record company, so I was trying to look like a "cool" record executive, but wound up looking like a nerd who wished he was a buccaneer. Gotta post stuff that makes you look dorky! Part of the fun right?

We made three albums back then, and I got to work with members of Pantera, RATT, Guns & Roses, KISS, Presidents of the United States, Soundgarden, The Fastbacks and other musicians, good times...
    Also, since the topic shifted to "early adoption" of both personal computers and the internet, the discussion brought back memories of this famous cartoon:
    lso since we're showing off pets, here's my mutt. He's a rescue dog, of very mixed pedigree. He's named Figgins, named after one of my favorite Warcraft characters:

He's a very loyal, very intelligent dog, most mutts are. He just seems grateful to be alive every single day and I learn a lot from him because of that!

Finally, one more fairly recent photo of me, doing what I do best, drinking Guinness!
    Me22.jpg

Nice! Some very sweet bands named there. Loved early Pantera and Soundgarden at the PNE in Van.

Me like Guiness too! F the lagers!!
    edited March 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »

For every AD donation posted to my account through the Foundry players will receive a signed screenshot of my abs. For every 500+ AD donation players will receive a personalized screenshot of my abs.

What can I say? I have no shame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »

I see how it is. I created art for you. ART!!! But noooo...that's not good enough. Apparently I should have just used the word "skeered". t('o't)
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
  • theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    5SKiEnV.jpg
    Seamus & Dagny
    Beware.jpg

Breathed ForTheWin!
    image and idea stolen from a previous post
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
    edited March 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    I see how it is. I created art for you. ART!!! But noooo...that's not good enough. Apparently I should have just used the word "skeered". t('o't)

I replied to you too! Do I need to maintain a certain ratio of replies to you versus other males in order to ensure proper repayment for your art? ;]
    qtPt2I
  • sadgfhsadgfh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    YES, and now you also owe replies to Kirby!
    Let's pretend like my account name isn't just a random string of characters I got by punching my keyboard.
    edited March 2013
    sadgfh wrote: »
    YES, and now you also owe replies to Kirby!

This is why women hide themselves on the Internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    This is why women hide themselves on the Internet.

Lol, that's kinda the point. Its called sarcasm. I'm mocking the thread by roll playing a stalker.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Nope, Los Angeles, part of the dozens of "glam" bands that came out of the L.A. during that really awful era in the 80's. Basically record companies signed every "wanna be Van Halen" band they could find off the Hollywood strip.

Hey...watch it now....if it wasnt for those hair bands we'd have been stuck to listening to nothing but The Bangles and And some guy who didnt even know his own name.

Also....I resemble those remarks.

8665d1d8.jpg
    Answer to most obvious question: Yes....I was.
    Answer to the thought you are having and wont be rude enough to ask.: Yes...I am (the one your parents warned you about)
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Rock on, Zieg. \m/^o^\m/
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    edited March 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    Hey...watch it now....if it wasnt for those hair bands we'd have been stuck to listening to nothing but The Bangles and And some guy who didnt even know his own name.

KICK *** BIKE!

And I love Prince! But The Bangles? Yeah I could do without that! Prince is an awesome show, one of the best parties I ever went to was a Prince show. So many beautiful women dancing and having a great time! PARADISE!

To a previous poster, Pantera are amazing, and also just an amazing show live. Dimebag Darrell's ending was tragic. We lost a great artist. We got drunk backstage once drinking Yaegermeister. Man he could he hold his liquor! I, on the other hand, could not. I worked with Dime and his brother and both were amazing, great people, fun to party with but also consummate professionals.

Never liked RATT, or a lot of the bands from that era. But I did work with LA Guns and my co-producer wound up producing one of their albums later that year. Went to one of their shows and was treated like royalty and had a really great time. I got to work with Slash briefly and he is also another great artist, multi-talented and a total pro.

But I always preferred the NY scene to LA. I'll be honest, it's hard for me to like LA. It's just not my kind of town. Even today, the music that comes out of LA doesn't thrill me as the music coming out of Austin, NY or Seattle and Portland. But hey different strokes, different folks its all good.

My favorite music from that mid-80's mark, was probably the emerging shoegaze sound, that was coming out from My Bloody Valentine, preceded earlier from bands like Jesus & Mary Chain.

But the truth is I pretty much love it all, get me to a good show with a Guinness in my hand, surrounded by good friends and I am in the best place I can possibly be.

Also I don't own a Harley, so you automatically win!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    edited March 2013

My favorite music from that mid-80's mark, was probably the emerging shoegaze sound, that was coming out from My Bloody Valentine, preceded earlier from bands like Jesus & Mary Chain.

Jesus and Mary chain is one of my favorite bands. Was listening automatic and honeys dead yesterday.

Bauhaus is still my all time favorite.
  • zieglerzzieglerz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 197 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    KICK *** BIKE!

Also I don't own a Harley, so you automatically win!
    That pic is from 5 years ago now I think...it's a 883, it grew up to be a soft tail which I got rid of last year. Wife's bad back just couldnt take riding for more than a couple miles. So I got rid of it, cause if you cant have yer ***** on the back of yer bike...aint much reason to have the bike.

I often wonder....where would strip joints get their music from if Prince didnt exist?

I hate you for meeting Slash. I liked what Lenny Kravitz said about him....I'd show up with my bag, he'd show up with his bottle and we'd jam....
    edited March 2013
    zieglerz wrote: »
    I hate you for meeting Slash. I liked what Lenny Kravitz said about him....I'd show up with my bag, he'd show up with his bottle and we'd jam....

You'd get along with him great. He's really easy to get along with. He hates BS artists, but a guy like you who tells it like it is (I love the Prince/Strip Bar line by the way), would get along famously with him. I'd have loved to work with Lenny Kravitz, especially if he brought a bag! :)
    BalarSig103B.jpg