test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post your real life picture!

juumillerjuumiller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Off Topic
Irl pics :P

[IMG][/img]577118_10200297220066769_1403480732_n.jpg images
respect.jpg
Post edited by juumiller on

Comments

• Options
    kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    532195_original.jpg

Here I am wearing my BubbleYumm shirt! (L50 FF/Psy Defender, Virtue. R.I.P. City of Heroes)
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    juumillerjuumiller Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looking good Sapphire :o
    respect.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    juumiller wrote: »
    Looking good Sapphire :o

Thank you very much! ^_^ (Just ignore the dark circles under my eyes.. I do sometimes actually get enough sleep!)
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hee hee hee...post my real-life picture? No.
  • Options
    dvscalesingerdvscalesinger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    funny-pictures-marine.jpg

From my Marine days!

SEMPER FI!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FOR THE SEVEN!!!
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Allow me to be the first "old and ugly" guy to post. This helps out, because others can look at it and go, "hell, at least I don't look as bad as that", and post for themselves.

This is me, just last October:

mememe.jpg

Very old guy here, when I say I've played the game since 1980, I mean it. :)

That's my house in the background, which I'm really proud of, because it's mine and it's just a fantastic place to live.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Think you are being a bit hard on yourself and you dont really look that old.
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited March 2013
    kwsapphire wrote: »
    Thank you very much! ^_^ (Just ignore the dark circles under my eyes.. I do sometimes actually get enough sleep!)

Ahh, the dark circles from late night gaming. I know them well! You're very cute...but I have to admit, after looking at those first couple of pics posted, I do feel old!

<---- My avatar pic? That's me IRL. Though I don't usually look so blue. ;)
    ryger5 wrote: »

Very old guy here, when I say I've played the game since 1980, I mean it. :)

Ryger, you look good. Not too old. If it makes you feel any better...I have more grey hair than you. :) That is...I would have more, if it wasn't for hair dye. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    kadlena wrote: »
    Ahh, the dark circles from late night gaming. I know them well! You're very cute...but I have to admit, after looking at those first couple of pics posted, I do feel old!

Ryger, you look good. Not too old. If it makes you feel any better...I have more grey hair than you. :) That is...I would have more, if it wasn't for hair dye. ;)

I have to agree, I think Ryger looks NEITHER old NOR ugly! (And also, thank you for the compliment!)

However, you may be somewhat underestimating my age; I look a lot younger than I am. I can't compete with Ryger though, I was only BORN in 1980; I didn't start playing video games until about 1986 or thereabouts, and was only introduced to D&D in 1997!

Oh, and Ryger, while I can't see much of your house in that photo, it does look cosy. I like the entryway, or at least what I can see of it! :]
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Fine, fine. Don't say I didn't warn you.

XMasGift.jpg

This was a Christmas gift from my wife. It's based on my shameless ripoff...uh, I mean, tribute to Superman, may main character from City of Heroes, Rick Tacular!

Also, you and me and all the other Old Farts, Ryger! :D
  • Options
    rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Here's another old <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on the West Coast. Love the beach.

greg_photo.jpg

Here's to those that remember the red box set with the Larry Elmore cover!!
    rackham_dane_stag_zps4f4c6695.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You look like you'd be a Hin, dude. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Great photos all, keep them coming. I especially love the custom shirt derived from a COH character. Major points for that! Actually, I guess rick's wife gets the points as it was a gift.

Thank you all for the compliments, not necessary though, I am quite comfortable with my old age. What's that old Grandaddy song? "I'm Okay With My Decay?", that's me in a nutshell! Old age is vastly underrated, it's actually a lot of fun!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @ricktacular - that shirt is AWESOME! I have my BubbleYumm shirt pictured above (first L50), and I also have a shirt for my Main/Namesake (first toon, but took longer to get to 50), an Ice/Ice Blaster. (Here's the image file for that shirt.)

@rackhamgreg74 - Great smile! :D Your beach looks kinda dry though.. really low tide?
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My daughter and I. Vacationing in San Diego.

[IMG][/img]i00039_zps4e1558de.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ch80 - your daughter is adorable! Also, I love your signature banner! XD
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh, it's about our daughters, now? Oh, it is so on. ;)

1026121635a_zpsd4983658.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ch80 - your daughter is adorable! Also, I love your signature banner! XD

Thanks, yeah she's a cutie pie. She's 5 now and already telling me stories about boys trying to kiss her at school...im in trouble when she gets older.

Comicaldemon made my sig for me, i threw him the idea and what i wanted it to say and he did the rest. He is a talented guy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rackhamgreg74rackhamgreg74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    @rackhamgreg74 - Great smile! :D Your beach looks kinda dry though.. really low tide?

Thank you kindly Sapphire! And yes, this particular beach just north from where I live rolls out about a kilometre at low tide. Makes for some amazing morning walks!
    rackham_dane_stag_zps4f4c6695.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh, it's about our daughters, now? Oh, it is so on. ;)

1026121635a_zpsd4983658.jpg

Haha it was never about our daughters, that was the only picture of me i could find and she happened to be in it. But since you threw down the gauntlet.

20121031_183956_zpsff73fdbb.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    You are indeed correct that it wasn't about our daughters, but when has that stopped us proud daddies from posting perfect pictures of our princesses? ;)

SuperWren_zps2b7ab737.jpg

This is her from last year, 2011. 2012 she was Wonder Woman-Girl. I'm hoping to round out the trinity with Batgirl in '13. :)

P.S.: Your daughter is super-cute, too. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah she's a cutie pie. She's 5 now and already telling me stories about boys trying to kiss her at school...im in trouble when she gets older.

Comicaldemon made my sig for me, i threw him the idea and what i wanted it to say and he did the rest. He is a talented guy.

I'm feeling ya, bro. My baby's five, too, and she's totally in love with a boy in her school who is totally in love with another girl, and I don't know but I'm sure the other girl is in love with someone else.

I'm terrified of puberty. When you have a boy, you just have to watch one boy; when you have a girl, you have to watch all the boys...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    IEEEEE If she goes as Batgirl this year I MUST HAVE PHOTOS!

And both of you, your daughters are both adorable AND awesome. SUPER HEROINES TO THE RESCUE!!

Gosh I hope if I have a daughter, she wants to dress up as Wonder Woman and Batgirl. If I have a daughter and she wants to dress up as (or be) a ballerina or a lawyer, I will support her fully.. but maybe not as fully as if she said she wanted to be a super heroine. Because I admit, I am biased, and tend to be affected by my biases.

*keeps looking at the daughter pics* SO CUTE!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    [IMG][/img]P1040967.jpg
    New addition to the pond. She will join my Gnome collection in a super fantasy setting.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm terrified of puberty. When you have a boy, you just have to watch one boy; when you have a girl, you have to watch all the boys...

Teach your girls to be independent, to stick to their convictions, to expect and demand respect, to be outspoken, to be true to themselves. I was tortured from 4th grade until I graduated because I dared to be different. But I learned early on that you can either be ignored or you can get attention, and if you want attention a lot of it's going to be BAD. But I decided I wanted attention, and since I was going to get made fun of no matter what I did (even if I tried to fit in), I decided fitting in wasn't my bag o' tea. So I did whatever I wanted*

* Not rule breaking, I mean things like wearing cammo before it was in style to do so. I actually had to go to the army/navy surplus store to get my cammo, because the only cammo you could get was military issue. Forever 21 and Abercrombie didn't print in cammo patterns in 1997/98. And people thought they were being so original when they said things like "OMG I Can't see you! You're just a floating head!" because ha-ha, cammo. And then it became "in style" to wear cammo and I got labeled as following a trend. So.. I was really bitter about middle/high school for a long, long time, but after about 10 years after graduation I did start to get over it. And I thank my parents for making me so strong, and teaching me to stick to my guns and be who I am, regardless of what anyone else said. Because I look at other girls who were coerced into getting pregnant, or doing drugs, or whatever, and I feel like I've had a very fortunate life without a lot of really terrible pitfalls. And I credit my parents for that, for making me strong, for telling me that I could always call them to come get me no matter what, and for always actually supporting me when they said they would. When I beat that boy over the head with my ditty bag (girl-scout purse) because he kept lifting my skirt on the playground, my dad totally stuck up for me and chewed out the teachers for not intervening. When I broke a broom over that kid's back in 8th grade, my mom totally tore a new one for the vice principal, because the boy had been coming over and stealing my broom (it was halloween, I was a witch) and throwing it across the cafeteria. I followed the steps my parents taught me: Ask him to stop, then ask a teacher to stop him, then stop him. I asked him to stop, so he came over later and did it again. I asked a teacher to intervene, but no dice. So the next time he threw my broom across the cafeteria, I picked it up, and broke it over his back. Keep in mind this kid was about twice my size, I was probably 5'1" and 100lbs at the time, and he was close to 6' and 200lbs. And yet *I* was the one who got in-school suspension, for being violent. And my mom came in and just reamed the vice principal, and said basically the same thing my dad had said a decade before: "Punish her if you feel you need to, but she's getting ice cream and whatever else she wants when we get home. I applaud my daughter for defending herself when you refused to do so."

So don't worry too much about boys, just raise your girl to be head-strong and self confident, and all should be fine!
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @kyllroy2 - Wow, what a beautiful pond! Do you have fish? What are those vines in the background? (Both the vine that is playing the major backdrop, and also that plant that is peaking in from the right side of the image.. what are those?) The cover on that vine in the back is great, does it take a long time to get like that? I have podocarpus hedge in my back yard and it's nice and thick, and thankfully grows slowly, but when it needs to be trimmed it's a PROJECT. Like, a three day project involving a chainsaw and lots of twine. Bleeeeh, I would rather just have a nice cover vine that doesn't need industrial equipment to trim.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    @kyllroy2 - Wow, what a beautiful pond!

I concur, great photo!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    [IMG][/img]JackLoriStevepond006.jpg

Here's what you see when you pan left from that other pic. Regular overgrown ivy is the vine. Additionally I have water Lilly, bird of paradise, sego palms, papyrus, california rush, Tangerines, tree fern, avocado, mission fig, almond, cardboard palm, crate myrtle and a steel arbor I built covered with white potato vine that is solid small white flowers. Oh yeah, I built the ponds and the bridge too. Glad you like it. I love it. My water turtles and fish do too.

@kwsaphire I used to trim that ivy, then one day I decided that it was unnecessary to be that anal and now I love the jungle feel!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Ooohhh Kyllroy, I like the gazing globes! Blue and green are my favorite colors!!

Also, are those solar powered lanterns? How are they working for you? I have two small solar powered "spot lights" in my front yard that okay, but the tension/spring/neck-joint is really weak, so it is hard to keep them positioned correctly. I am thinking of going with lantern style instead.
    qtPt2I
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A perfect Zen Garden!