test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nw aplha

Comments

• galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    nimloh wrote: »
    Har har har. I see we've been riled up today. People are complaining but this is the most excitement these forums have had in a long time.

True, i keep coming and refreshing the thread for few more bits of info. This has never happened before on this forum for me.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • crashodditycrashoddity Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi all, longtime lurker first time poster.

I think we should be looking at this in a positive light. Since the beginning of the year things have been slowly gaining traction. Devs are posting more (as opposed to not at all), some new press releases have gone out, and now they've publicly admitted to NW being in alpha testing mode. It should be pretty obvious to anyone who has watched these forums for the past couple years that alpha has been going on in one form or another since at least late 2012.

What if they decide to do something similar to GW2 for their beta process? As in only having limited testing windows and using multiple testing groups to get the data they need instead of just opening the flood gates for all? Personally, I thought that was a much better method than going with a traditional MMO beta model. Let's face it, even though it's a beta, almost everyone will judge the game as a finished product when they jump in.

I'm not surprised most companies use beta as marketing instead of testing, because players view it that way already. It's just our nature as gamers with strong opinions and strong passion for what we like and dislike. I admit to doing it myself.. so smaller, more focused testing groups and dates just make more sense to me if the goal is improvement of the game based on feedback.

Like all of you I'm finding the wait unbearable. I have a good feeling though that we don't have too much longer to wait.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would suspect that if there is no official response by 6pm PST that there won't be. Just my 2 cents but typically if there isn't a response by the time the offices close they won't bother with one.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Alpha has been in progress for some time now.
    Arguably since payable demos appeared at PAX.

Where's all the leaked videos then? Honest people these days, I tell ya :p
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Actually there have been and reported to cryptic. They have been taken down also as cryptic takes this stuff seriously. If you see one, remember to report to one of the mods so they can forward it and ask for it to be removed.
    edited January 2013
    We'll I'll be here till closing time. As I'm sure other will.
    edited January 2013
    I would suspect that if there is no official response by 6pm PST that there won't be. Just my 2 cents but typically if there isn't a response by the time the offices close they won't bother with one.

6 is a long time. I expect something by 4 Pm after coffee. They might be having a meeting right now seeing no mods are online - weird isn't it?

A good sign as they are taking it up seriously and not just ignoring uncomfortable issues.
    edited January 2013
    Wow! Nice to see so much activity and not just 2-3 names throwing posts around :D
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013

They are out there and quite numerous if you know where to look....I won't say more because

Don't want to be subjected to that again.:p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited January 2013
    Yeah I just got home from work to find the rest of the gang is offline as well but I have been watching the forums all day.

A little patience and you'll get some more news on other matters and I think you all will be happy with it ;)
    Now stop hijacking threads! :D

ok. so....

a beta on 16th? kinda cool huh?
    edited January 2013
    yep yep. Stock up on beer and snacks, check.
    edited January 2013
    yep yep. Stock up on beer and snacks, check.

Aww.... I am planning to sleep. Give me news already or else...

or else....

otherwise I will wait! :p
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    6 is a long time. I expect something by 4 Pm after coffee. They might be having a meeting right now seeing no mods are online - weird isn't it?

A good sign as they are taking it up seriously and not just ignoring uncomfortable issues.

They're all rolling their negotiation checks. But once an authority is confirmed to step into the forums and explain this situation, they'll be needing the staff with the highest Will and Fortitude saves.
  • gwensdinnergwensdinner Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 41
    edited January 2013
    They're all rolling their negotiation checks. But once an authority is confirmed to step into the forums and explain this situation, they'll be needing the staff with the highest Will and Fortitude saves.

That's one high DC.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    You haven't been ignored. We'll run a similar contest for you to gain that elusive Neverwinter Alpha key! Stay tuned to this forum section for a giveaway announcement today.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    You haven't been ignored. We'll run a similar contest for you to gain that elusive Neverwinter Alpha key! Stay tuned to this forum section for a giveaway announcement today.

Holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, awesome news.

Also it's good to see you here Pin, as many complaints as I have about RaiderZ it didn't take long to notice how dedicated you were to the game. I hope you bring that dedication and level of involvement with the community here.
    edited January 2013
    Yes!! Great news indeed.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    ok. so....

a beta on 16th? kinda cool huh?

EEEEK I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!

There's no news on Beta that I am aware of but that doesn't mean you guys won't like the news.

EDIT - In the time I typed this response the news was posted. Sweet!
    edited January 2013
    What are these you speak of......"other matters"?

Got ya :)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    This thread. The post Gillrmn quoted at the top of the page was from a different thread.
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited January 2013
    Any official Beta news and/or giveaways will be on our web site.

Click here to sign up for Neverwinter Beta if you haven't and refer this link to your friends. Start planning for your adventure today!
    edited January 2013
    EEEEK I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!

There's no news on Beta that I am aware of but that doesn't mean you guys won't like the news.

EDIT - In the time I typed this response the news was posted. Sweet!

Oh! There was a question mark. It meant more like - can it be like this? can it be like that? Not attributing any statemnts ...
    edited January 2013
    Any official Beta news and/or giveaways will be on our web site.

Click here to sign up for Neverwinter Beta if you haven't and refer this link to your friends. Start planning for your adventure today!

Cool, but we are still left hanging...
    edited January 2013
    Do beta people also get alpha access then? If I'm suppose to start my planning today..
  • joshiec36joshiec36 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't get it. So the french get alpha keys and we do not? Sorry if this has been answered.
    edited January 2013
    We will also be running a promotion to give away a couple of Alpha Keys as Pin said on the last page. We'll have a post about it before the end of the day (pacific Standard Time) if all goes according to plan.

The Alpha Testing phase is completely different than the Beta Testing phase though. Only those who have Alpha Keys may access the Alpha Tests so in short Beta Keys will not suddenly grant access to the Alpha Tests as per MrButtflakes' question.
  • necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Lots of peeps will be mad that you are only at"alpha" stage at this juncture.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What apparently has happened here is the EU is getting a bone thrown at them early. I live in the US, but I can tell you from other MMOs, including DDO, the European players almost always get shafted, especially from promotions which are usually US based. I think its cool they get a bone that we dont get just yet. Why am I happy? Because we are CLEARLY getting close. Heck we would have LOVED to get into a leak debate about this in Spring '12, but the game just wasn't ready.

I think we are getting really close, but we have just been promised a few keys by the awesome-sauce known as CM Punk (get wrestling out of your head Aandre!).. err CMPIN.

Was it a miscommunication? Maybe so (things happen in big companies, especially internationally), maybe not (what a brilliant leak if done on purpose, which I doubt, but still). Should we be mad? Of course not.

My opinion, (and I really WANT to play...) is naaah. I say cut em some slack. We are all here for the same reason (I hope) and that's to play a great D&D mmo that's polished. Let em test the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of it... maybe, just maybe, some of us will be a lucky duck to be able to test this sucka out and be part of D&D history (thanks to CMPin and other Cryptic suits)! If not... every day gone is a day closer to ALL of us playing.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited January 2013
    Good luck to you all on a key.
  • necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If it's trivia based, I am screwed. I don't pay attention to all the trivia stuff.