What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

nw aplha

Comments

• Options
    vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Wow...no words, why not just come out and say the North American audience isn't important and publicly announcing alpha? Even if it is actually beta talk about a amateur mistake.

Talk about <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the pooch...par for the course cryptic.. I'm sure that someone will swoop in and justify everything though.

Did you ever stop to think that just maybe they needed people to test localized versions of the game. I mean testing alpha here in the US with friends and family is done but who would you want to test the French or German version? Doesn't surprise me at all there would be testing of localized versions either for language and or servers.

We have such a problem with self entitlement in this country.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Are you saying they are seperate?

Facebook is open for all, so is Neverwinter game. Why you should not be eligible? Pretend to be french if things get rough (see a few monty python videos as a reference).
    yes prepare for the fannies to be waved at you, for animals to be thrown, and if a wooden rabbit doesnt work you can always try a giant wooden badger... and name the wooden badger Francis
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    vinsinar wrote: »
    Did you ever stop to think that just maybe they needed people to test localized versions of the game. I mean testing alpha here in the US with friends and family is done but who would you want to test the French or German version? Doesn't surprise me at all there would be testing of localized versions either for language and or servers.

You may want to step back and actually look at the history of what has happened here in the past three years with some of the community vets before you play the first world problems card. This isn't about testing localized versions, Europe has their very own F&F alpha people that have been involved just as long. I know that because ...well I don't want the Mod squad to come by and slap me, so....lets just say I know it.

No one is saying their entitled we just want their marketing team to stop making these bonehead moves and alienating their community.
    yes prepare for the fannies to be ranciwaved at you, for animals to be thrown, and if a wooden rabbit doesnt work you can always try a giant wooden badger... and name the wooden badger Francis

Why a badger? Couldn't we have a giant wooden Anime bear instead?

....we could call him Mr. Grumpy Paws.

/ducks
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Where's all the mods at this afternoon? I thought for sure one would chime in by now.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013

..y.

There is one server and should there not be one game? I think localization would just be game translation which can very well be tested on the same server (as localization means client localization, server is same - one server architect).

Although localization of China version is different as it will have separate server due to it being blocked region for PWE (wanmei having rights there and all)
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Are you saying they are seperate?

Facebook is open for all, so is Neverwinter game. Why you should not be eligible? Pretend to be french if things get rough (see a few monty python videos as a reference).

Yup! How do i know this? I was born with a 3rd eye :) Could i prove it ? Hell no.Then why are u pulling this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of your A$$? Cause i have absolutely nothing else to do with my time until this game comes out !
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Where's all the mods at this afternoon? I thought for sure one would chime in by now.

Secret meeting...I'm certain they are planning my assassination, rumor has it that they are fitting Andre for a Anime Bear costume and buying him a custom made Louisville Slugger bat. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I guess they have contacted devs and informed them about it before commenting further. They also need to know what is going on before they step in murky waters.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    health002 wrote: »
    Yup! How do i know this? I was born with a 3rd eye :) Could i prove it ? Hell no.Then why are u pulling this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of your A$$? Cause i have absolutely nothing else to do with my time until this game comes out !

I don't even understand what you exactly mean by all of it, but I assume you answered my question with something along teh lines that 'You don't know'.
  • Options
    borisbotborisbot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited January 2013

pretty sure they have friends and family to play test Closed beta for them. Just another company crewing North America which im not shock we didn't get this. :(
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    borisbot wrote: »
    pretty sure they have friends and family to play test Closed beta for them. Just another company crewing North America which im not shock we didn't get this. :(

Close beta comes after F&F and there is a reason. Any artist would not display his stuff in public unless theya re confident it is good. So they show it to F&F to ask - is it ok? I think it should do I am not sure.
    F&F says, it can use more work, dev goes back and remakes the game.

They want you to play a good game and not a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. That is what F&F are for.

And again I say, testing a game is not a right, it is a privilege and responsibility.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    I'm pretty sure the Euro edition of PC Gamer did NOT come with any promo codes.

I don't know what kind of promos have been going on over there, but this is an example of exactly that: a promotion.

Jealous much?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Close beta comes after F&F and there is a reason. Any artist would not display his stuff in public unless theya re confident it is good. So they show it to F&F to ask - is it ok? I think it should do I am not sure.
    F&F says, it can use more work, dev goes back and remakes the game.

They want you to play a good game and not a piece of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. That is what F&F are for.

And again I say, testing a game is not a right, it is a privilege and responsibility.

pretty sure I never once said Beta is a right. The whole Friends and family thig pretty sure thats closed beta since its only company memebers and friends and family which is very limit.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Secret meeting...I'm certain they are planning my assassination, rumor has it that they are fitting Andre for a Anime Bear costume and buying him a custom made Louisville Slugger bat. :p

Now why would I waste good wood on you!?... you know how much LSs cost these days!?.. and their made in China! I'd just go back in my yard and use one 'o me toothpicks on ya...! :p

IBR-745900.jpg

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the Euro edition of PC Gamer did NOT come with any promo codes.

I don't know what kind of promos have been going on over there, but this is an example of exactly that: a promotion.

yes, and I was not able to buy it. I tried on google for magazine but it said not in my region. Someone told me to use proxy but I decided against it as if it was not meant for my region, it might not be legal to buy it from proxy.

But I guess people are just lashing out their frustrations at everything. I just hope that these don't result in making an eagerly awaited and followed game of mine to become another dagger**** (ok truth I edited it out for you. But I also had to read A**** word once today)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    borisbot wrote: »
    pretty sure I never once said Beta is a right. ...

Sorry I think I misunderstood you.

I apologize.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    now why would i waste good wood on you!?... You know how much lss cost these days!?.. And their made in china! I'd just go back in my yard and use one 'o me toothpicks on ya...! :p

Aha!

so you don't deny the bear costume!!!!!

No Mr. Grumpy paws not the face!!! not the..Ugh!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    You may want to step back and actually look at the history of what has happened here in the past three years with some of the community vets before you play the first world problems card. This isn't about testing localized versions, Europe has their very own F&F alpha people that have been involved just as long. I know that because ...well I don't want the Mod squad to come by and slap me, so....lets just say I know it.

No one is saying their entitled we just want their marketing team to stop making these bonehead moves and alienating their community.

Why a badger? Couldn't we have a giant wooden Anime bear instead?

....we could call him Mr. Grumpy Paws.

/ducks

seriously??? why a badger? You must watch this video.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Sorry I think I misunderstood you.

I apologize.

no need to apologise, we're just having a friendly talk trying to figure out whats going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    seriously??? why a badger? You must watch this video.

No dude I have seen THG hundreds of times...it was a old forum joke.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if mods should merge it with beta anxiety thread. It kinda belongs there in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I wonder if mods should merge it with beta anxiety thread. It kinda belongs there in my opinion.

We lose so much flavor and nuances of different threads by mergers and a lot of times it just makes the master thread a confusing mess.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Aha!

so you don't deny the bear costume!!!!!

No Mr. Grumpy paws not the face!!! not the..Ugh!!!!!

Trust me my Fluffy is much better than a bear just look. No offence to Aandre but unless he has a very particular weapon I'm not sure if he could kill Fluffy

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Trust me my Fluffy is much better than a bear just look. No offence to Aandre but unless he has a very particular weapon I'm not sure if he could kill Fluffy

Funny story about that I remember a early interview with George Lucas he said he actually got the idea of the fight between Luke and the Tusken raider from the bunny scene in THG, in a early take Luke was suppose to yell to the droids "run away"...makes you wonder what he was smoking back then.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I had a dragon which could kill millions of rabbit of caerbannog in one breath. It was lost after forum merger though. *sigh* What will I do without you?
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    ...makes you wonder what he was smoking back then.

The answer is much more diabolical.
    "George Lucas's Neck Size is in Inverse Proportion the the Quality of his Films"

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/paul/neck.shtml
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    The answer is much more diabolical.
    "George Lucas's Neck Size is in Inverse Proportion the the Quality of his Films"

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/paul/neck.shtml

I'll see that and raise you this
  • Options
    vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013

/ducks

Look all I am saying is that I saw this and said cool some more people added to testing. Maybe they were not comfortable with the numbers they had and wanted to add a few more French and German speakers/local testers. If you saw this and your first reaction is dang why not me/us that's wrong then I would call that entitlement.

I just don't see how its a boneheaded move. They needed more testers for whatever reason and they posted some keys to get them. I'm pretty sure Cryptic doesn't sit around and say lets send out a few invites and see if we can <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> some people off. I'm pretty sure they do realize that no matter what they do some people will fly off the handle about it.

Regardless once the game is released we all get to play it if we so choose.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Look all I am saying is that ...

Don't worry too much about it. People are over-reacting and they are justified in doing so. Marketing team has been quite bad for the forums. I used to raise up those issues long back, but people used to defend that a lot... lol, I have started to sound like a person who says I told you so.

Anyways, just don't think too much about it and let devs answer.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited January 2013

rotflmao!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!