test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

nw aplha

12345679»

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yah I mentioned that earlier I havent seen those guys since those posts. I wonder what PWE did to them *Image flashes of a vaiety of Dire Animals a gorn and a super villian torturing a body hanging from a pole and hearing unearthly wails you notice the pentagram on the floor. Fire bursts out as Asmodeus comes up from the ground, snatches the person, opens a portal to hell and goes back through it* yah lets not think about that.

I don't know what happened to them.
    I just report them.
    *whistles and walks away innocently*

*thinks, should have reported the french too for breaking NDA officially*
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Allot of promises were not delivered. I watched this game since it's first beginings. I did not posted on the forum because it was the ghost of a ghost town but yeah there were many ideas and now as more and more content is out we are shown what they will not include in the game...f*** logic.

This is the idea of marketing in this game: Let's get an update once a year were we show them what we will not have in this game...this of course between delays and 0 comunication with the comunity...

We even had to flame a bit about thouse ugly bears to get some decent emoticons ;)
  • wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Is it one day only test?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Cryptic does have ways to identify who is and is not an Alpha Tester. A few people have tried to gain access to it by claiming they were invited when, in fact, they weren't.

However that "list" is only available to Cryptic Employees.

Also it's worth noting the NDA, for those who have access to it, still dictates that the mere fact you have access to the Friends and Family Alpha is proprietary. In other words if you read Pin's post he will only be sending keys through PM's. There will be no public announcement of who did or did not win and those winners will be expected to keep their access confidential like anybody else.

As for people selling their Alpha Keys, it's actually rather easy to catch. I know of at least two people trying and failing miserably. I can't go into the specifics, not that I have many, but there are security features behind the scenes which makes tracking any fraudulent Alpha Key Sales less than a decent option.

And finally I think you all should watch this video.
    Purely from a development standpoint...
    WE ARE NOT GOOD TESTERS. We are biased, we can't help it. The best Alpha Testers they can get are those with absolutely no knowledge of the game to see how their experience is. How fast they can pick up the game and how hard they find the game. The only thing we have to offer is biased understandings of D&D and that can be judged by just a few as well as a Dev Team I assure you loves D&D as much as any one of us.
    edited January 2013
    @ambi
    The bigger question is what do you do to those who break NDA? Because there have been leaks and have been reported. Leaks including videos which is pretty much different than someone saying I haz Alpha. Are you taking any action like blocking access or banning accounts or just simple toothless warnings?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    It depends on the severity of the case.

Cryptic has the final say in what happens, remember we have no powers to actually punish any person...
    However we do, as moderators, have easier ways to bring Cryptic's attention to issues.

For the most part we try to be nice. Imagine you got access to Alpha and were so excited you couldn't hold back the "yays" and ended up losing access because you failed to notice the giant READ THE NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT!

As much as part of me says well they brought it upon themselves I do have a lot of sympathy for that. At this point in time we haven't ever recommended Cryptic take action against a user (on our forums) for failing to realize there is an NDA but do make it pretty clear we can and will whenever we moderate any NDA Breaches.

However there have been a few testers that have simply crossed the line. I'm fairly certain one is pretty upset at losing their Alpha Access this last week for deciding to do a Live Stream of one of the tests.
    Negligence only goes so far.

At the end of the day much of anything that goes on in the forums is as our discretion. We try to be nice and compassionate but trust me the only thing that this promotion will change is that you are all officially aware of the Alpha Test.
    Alpha Test Dates as well as any unreleased information about the game will still be handled as it always has been.

Fun Fact - Most NDA Breaches are by people who fail to realize that Alpha starts with A and Beta starts with B.
  • necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This thread took an interesting turn since I was here yesterday!. Nice video ambisinisterr!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited January 2013
    duckdemo wrote: »
    If you want a company to appreciate you make sure you research the company and find out what their goals are, CCP and Goblinworks and other startup companies are the ones you are looking for. I think this game will be great but the majority of posters in this thread are unrealistic in their expectations of PWE.

CCP is a startup? They're three years older than Cryptic...

Your grapes are sour grapes.
  • duckdemoduckdemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    CCP is a startup? They're three years older than Cryptic...

Your grapes are sour grapes.

Sorry not an english major and I have no idea what that means.

And as far as CCP just because it is 3 years old it does not change how their company was founded and how it functions. Maybe you should do some research in who owns it and how its corporate structure is, especially compared to PWE. It is still very much a start up in how it functions.
    edited January 2013
    ...For the most part we try to be nice. ...
    However there have been a few testers that have simply crossed the line. I'm fairly certain one is pretty upset at losing their Alpha Access this last week for deciding to do a Live Stream of one of the tests....

Although it is good to be nice, it is important to be willing to take unpopular actions. GW showed the way when they took action against exploiters.

Loosing the alpha because you put out the video on internet publicly playing it - seems justified to me... actually on the soft side.
    edited January 2013
    Doh, I reread the question you asked Gillrmn.

I was talking about the Community Moderating bit of the NDA spectrum which tends to be somebody posting something like "Oh my god I got invited to alpha test tomorrow I am so happy I can't wait to give feedback!" or "I just played in the Alpha Test and it was freaking awesome!"
    Those kind of users we tend to just quietly point in the right direction. Remove the posts, speak softly while holding a big stick and threaten to use it if they break the first two rules of Fight Club again.

However in the more serious cases, such as the person streaming the game we hand the reigns over to Cryptic/PWE to do as they will. Punishment is their department.
    With technicality there's nothing stopping legal action to be taken since the NDA is a binding contract but it's not really worthwhile to do it for every situation. If there was enough of a direct breach such as bringing Alpha Information to the press Cryptic/PWE could in theory sue for damages, deformation of character or some other legal mumbo jumbo.

That's about as far as I can assume though. All actual account infractions are between Cryptic/PWE and the Offenders. Even rule-breakers have the right to privacy after-all.
  • kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    This is from an AU friend who won an Alpha key:

You can't download anything unless you've been invited to participate in the alpha testing. I was lucky enough to get an invite by entering a competition on facebook. It's really great the game.. I'm level 7 and a cleric. lots of quests and stuff to do.. not too complicated with buttons for your special abilities. The game story and backgrounds are really detailed and great. The interface is really easy to use too. I love it.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    alsaroth wrote: »
    You tell them, mrbuttflakes! Shall we capture their souls and make their spirits watch as we force their corpses to eat each other?

Will there be popcorn? If so, I can "invite" a few of them for their "dinner" *evil laughter*

gillrmn wrote: »
    In my humble opinion cryptic is blundering giving away alpha keys on facebook and forums.

But before commenting more, I will hold on to this and say a month down the line linking this post, "See I told you so." :p

EDIT:
    To be more clear: Can you trust people you get like that not to break NDA?
    Yeah it was a big alienating move...they just should have thought it through more with the focus being on the core fans. You win the core the rest will come....just ask CCP.

I agree with you two (and so what if it speeds up the apocalypse, since it's late from December anyway! ;) )

I've about had enough of the BS honestly. Sure I'll play the game in beta, but I seen something today that just
    got my goat. Why the heck are we not in the alpha???

I think all those who have been following this game for the last 1-2 years should get in to help but whatever. Doesn't feel very good to be sh*t on by someone when you've been supporting and spending countless hours researching and absorbing every little detail.

I've been one of the quiet ones till recently.
    Coming from a loooong line of MMOs in the past, the people that get in to alphas and betas are typically press (who have no idea what they're doing) or people that don't understand what the game is and just want to derp around. It's veeeery rarely people who actually want it lol.

I can say those who have contributed have been participating but that's all I can say. Of those selected, of course you also got press and derps and those *facepalms* people you wish some of them gone (but short of breaking NDA badly, they too have a right to test once selected.)
    argoylet wrote: »
    I think closed beta is soon and this is just the first step in beginning to ramp up the hype engine.

However I do hope that anyone with a 2013 join date isn't seriously considered over people who have been around longer.

Ya true enough. But thats usually not how it's done.

I've just started looking into this game and feel no sense of entitlement besides getting my beta key from PCGamer. I would hope those that are excited for the game and have been following it would get preference.
    ranncore wrote: »
    I seriously hope this is not the case.
    Testing needs to be distributed among a wide variety of players - not just the active forum posters and long-time fans.
    Having been here on the forums longer makes us in no way more important or qualified for testing than others.

See my above reply. Those who positively contribute and are also a good cross section of testing needs will be chosen for beta too, just in larger numbers.
    shopko wrote: »
    I just joined. Give me a key! :o

In all seriousness, I just learned of the new Neverwinter about a year ago. NN2 was awesome, and from the demos I've seen of the new Forge, this game is going to be extremely addicting and a good addition to the series. I hope you guys do get a preview key, though maybe they're afraid that you know too much and would add to much work to their go-live task list. ;)

As a side note, I was thinking of playing STO just to mess around with the Forge over there in the meantime. It's not D&D, but Star Trek is another of my geek-out themes.

It's this type of enthusiasm that has a better chance than, say, "this wait suckxxorz. I wantz my key NAO!" No, this doesn't mean this person will or won't get a key faster/slower, but thought I'd praise a good example and newcomer to boot! Welcome to the forums by the way! We call it the Foundry here, but I realize it may translate differently if you are speaking another language But thanks again for your enthusiasm!.

Well, that answered another batch, I hope. Keep up the posting everybody! GJ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    All these people with alpha keys if my envy level get any worse i will have to change my name to Krazz'gul Manyarrows.

Well fingers crossed anyway nice to see all these new peeps in the forums, sometimes its been a bit quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]